AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-20, 21:07   Link #1021
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This episode appears to me as nothing more than the staff's attempt to please the fan girls....
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 22:03   Link #1022
The Green One

Next week Hibiki and Yamato make hot passionate love to rewind the world for New Game+ while Fujioshi all around the world die from blood loss.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 01:09   Link #1023
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'll leave the matter of Hibiki choosing Io over a bunch of faceless people alone since such issues are complicated and messy.
lulz, its not messy, its very simple, since the viewers are attached to the main characters, the faceless hundreds that were sacrificed in front of the Diet building mean nothing compared to io. hell let the void consume the world as long as io is saved its all ok.

This is why the show is sooo bad. (but still entertaining) I have stopped taking this show seriously around S4, I sear the writters just copied and pasted the dialogue from the "50 speeches that must be in all epic end of the world/final battle anime shows/movies" handbook and just put put them all into the script one by one.

This show is not reallytrying to get you to think " is Sacrificing a few over the whole good or bad" or any other "deep" premise, its just using that argument for cheap drama. This show is bad because the writers are trying so hard to "make" you feel what you want to, like the Yamato tries to "make people obey" It's like they're saying "OK Feel heart warmed NOW, feel sad or angry NOW etc etc. The characterization is just God awful, I mean I do NOT care about these people, maybe except the Osaka chick because she's hot and doesn't talk much. I find most of the cast (Airi, weak beest friend dude, hibiki, asshole kid that died, yamato(I'm a stoic 2dimensional character that hates the world and has silver hair, I"m sooo cool), wannabe "conflicted soldier" chick, the "detective" dude)ANNOYING . Like "I-need-to-skip-half-the-episode-because-this-is-garbage" annoying I was wondering why a lot of the top-tier bloggers were dropping this show left and right. . .it had a good premise and some good ideas.

But the show is just dumb and not to be taken seriously, it's just cheap entertainment with above par animation.

oh and lets not even GO into the wanna-be Yaoi fanservice for the Fujoshi out there, mind as well just let hibiki and yamato kiss already.

Ive watched to ep ten and frankly that's enough (although it's cool they used Lugh there, hes an awesome mythical character if you know anything about him) this show is on fifty levels of stupid.

. ..but its still better than Karneval hahahah!
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 01:20   Link #1024
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

God im trying to like this anime since i loved the game...........but goddamn they stuff everything up, and Hibiki is such a crybaby compared to his game version
Old 2013-06-21, 02:04   Link #1025
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
lulz, its not messy, its very simple, since the viewers are attached to the main characters, the faceless hundreds that were sacrificed in front of the Diet building mean nothing compared to io. hell let the void consume the world as long as io is saved its all ok.

This is why the show is sooo bad. (but still entertaining) I have stopped taking this show seriously around S4, I sear the writters just copied and pasted the dialogue from the "50 speeches that must be in all epic end of the world/final battle anime shows/movies" handbook and just put put them all into the script one by one.

This show is not reallytrying to get you to think " is Sacrificing a few over the whole good or bad" or any other "deep" premise, its just using that argument for cheap drama. This show is bad because the writers are trying so hard to "make" you feel what you want to, like the Yamato tries to "make people obey" It's like they're saying "OK Feel heart warmed NOW, feel sad or angry NOW etc etc. The characterization is just God awful, I mean I do NOT care about these people, maybe except the Osaka chick because she's hot and doesn't talk much. I find most of the cast (Airi, weak beest friend dude, hibiki, asshole kid that died, yamato(I'm a stoic 2dimensional character that hates the world and has silver hair, I"m sooo cool), wannabe "conflicted soldier" chick, the "detective" dude)ANNOYING . Like "I-need-to-skip-half-the-episode-because-this-is-garbage" annoying I was wondering why a lot of the top-tier bloggers were dropping this show left and right. . .it had a good premise and some good ideas.

But the show is just dumb and not to be taken seriously, it's just cheap entertainment with above par animation.

oh and lets not even GO into the wanna-be Yaoi fanservice for the Fujoshi out there, mind as well just let hibiki and yamato kiss already.

Ive watched to ep ten and frankly that's enough (although it's cool they used Lugh there, hes an awesome mythical character if you know anything about him) this show is on fifty levels of stupid.

. ..but its still better than Karneval hahahah!
You claim it's not complicated or messy, yet you make an rather large post, based on a post from five pages and two weeks ago, which does nothing but prove why the issue is complicated and messy.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 02:36   Link #1026
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of feels like a shame that this showdown has come down to Byakko vs. Cerberus. I mean, geeze we should have just sent Daichi on alone . Kind of sad that despite all these episodes Hibiki is still relying on his first summon. That's solid and all, but why do these damn phones have all these slots for demons and yet the main showdown is between two guys who can't be bothered to have more than 2?

Bit of an odd episode really. I was kind of feeling sorry for Yamato until he actually survived . When the Alcor sacrifice move came up, it was really getting weird there.

Oh well let's just have Hibiki beat the tar out of Yamato and dragon ball everyone back to life. Of course assuming it's not going to be one of those "must sacrifice yourself to get your way" kind of thing. Just about everyone else has died at some point in this series so I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

Will say though, Alcor fighting as Doctor Octopus was rather entertaining .
Old 2013-06-21, 02:55   Link #1027
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm just disappointed that Hibiki has showed the least growth (strength-wise) out of all the characters. I mean everyone else (of the ones who lasted long enough to show some growth) have gotten so much stronger than they were at the beginning. Yet Hibiki is still stuck with just Byakko and Suzaku.
Old 2013-06-21, 03:07   Link #1028
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Will say though, Alcor fighting as Doctor Octopus was rather entertaining .
Meh, would have preferred Alcor's Septentrion forms; the hypercube form would have looked nice animated.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 06:12   Link #1029
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You didn't notice him periodically flipping in and out of that form?
Old 2013-06-21, 10:56   Link #1030
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
Meh, would have preferred Alcor's Septentrion forms; the hypercube form would have looked nice animated.
No way.

If there's one thing I couldn't care for in the games, it's the Septentriones designs.

Didn't someone already post an image of Septentriones food items a while back?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 11:44   Link #1031
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
And although I have not watched the episode yet, I am not really surprised by the spoiler. I (like many others here) have been expecting a reset for awhile now. Normally I despise resets but in this case I don't really care. Of course I never cared about the plot of the anime. What I enjoyed most was the character interaction and FRIENDSHIP.

So if the anime ends with everyone coming back to life and some sappy and corny friendship scene I will be complete satisfied.
^Same here (although I don't mind resets so I care even less xD). I'm in this for the BFF trio, as long as they get a happy end and I get some sappy scene that makes me go "aaaawwww" I don't really care.

I'll also continue to be the non-gamer minority who thinks this episode was pretty good, except it was pretty cheap that Yamato didn't die after all that drama with Alcor. (How did he stay alive, anyway? For that matter, I still don't know since when he can levitate. Oh well, I don't particularly care.) The seiyuu are doing some pretty nice work, and although I've seen better animation, the visuals continue to be striking and well-directed. Also, aww everyone who died. Daichi~ Io~ That ending is really effective.

(Btw re: all this talk of shipping - if I shipped anyone in this cast it would be Daichi and Hibiki. They're so adorable. I wouldn't even say no to some fanart, but I don't need to check pixiv to know that it's all about Yamato x Hibiki and Alcor x Hibiki over there, so... I'll just take what I can get from the show. xD)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 14:10   Link #1032
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
meh feels rushed/ bad plotline, liked the games better. Hibiki was useless
Old 2013-06-21, 14:51   Link #1033
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
BD/DVD vol.2 cover:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Character Archives Fanbook cover:
Images
Thanks. Do you have the first one?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 19:43   Link #1034
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Next week Hibiki and Yamato make hot passionate love to rewind the world for New Game+ while Fujioshi all around the world die from blood loss.
LOL Maybe this was how it all originally ended.

Anyways IDK how to feel. Killing off everyone just to have a showdown isn't my taste.

I preferred having everyone alive.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 22:24   Link #1035
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No way.

If there's one thing I couldn't care for in the games, it's the Septentriones designs.

Didn't someone already post an image of Septentriones food items a while back?
Yeah, but the Alcorhol was the only one of those that wasn't a Septentrion form. Like I said, hypercubes are neat.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 06:17   Link #1036
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thanks. Do you have the first one?
I posted it a while back but here it is again:

Images
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 10:19   Link #1037
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
Yeah, but the Alcorhol was the only one of those that wasn't a Septentrion form. Like I said, hypercubes are neat.
To be fair, Alcorhol is too good of a pun to pass up
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 10:21   Link #1038
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Even if he was a cube he'd still be alcor.
Old 2013-06-27, 14:07   Link #1039
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final episode and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 14:15   Link #1040
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

I'm still high screeching from all the homo. I can't. Maybe I'll comment later.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlus, devil_survivor, index, persona