AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-25, 07:22   Link #301
blewin

haha, yeah. I very look forward to Xansus' presence. Still, if they need someone like Xansus to help, that means the Shimon family is wayyyy too powerful. I still find it unbelievable that so few people (Shimon family) can bring down the entire Vongola family - unless they're just going at Tsuna and no one else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
'twas a very good chapter. The tension was nicely built up and even though we can probably guess 80-90% of what will happen in the next few chapters, I still can't wait to see what the Shimon are really up to. Here's hoping by the end of the inheritance ceremony most of the older generations will be killed .
and hence leaving Tsuna no choice but to take up the mantle?

BTW, WHERE is Tsuna's dad?! This is his son's inheritance ceremony. I hope he doesn't just show up wayyy late when everything's finished and say a few "manly" or fatherly words to his son about the entire affair..... that'd just be too much for me.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 08:24   Link #302
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
haha, yeah. I very look forward to Xansus' presence. Still, if they need someone like Xansus to help, that means the Shimon family is wayyyy too powerful. I still find it unbelievable that so few people (Shimon family) can bring down the entire Vongola family - unless they're just going at Tsuna and no one else.
Ultimately I think it would be way too simple if just the Shimon family did something. There's probably at least one other internal family that has their own plans which will help cloud the waters. And of course, there's always the chance that some external mafia families come to crash the party.
Old 2010-06-25, 09:39   Link #303
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
and hence leaving Tsuna no choice but to take up the mantle?
I could def see that happening, 9th is killed so Tsuna will have to take over, maybe not right at that moment but soon afterward.

Quote:
BTW, WHERE is Tsuna's dad?! This is his son's inheritance ceremony. I hope he doesn't just show up wayyy late when everything's finished and say a few "manly" or fatherly words to his son about the entire affair..... that'd just be too much for me.
Remember he's the "Outside Advisor" for the Vongola, Im sure he knows exactly whats going on and might even pop up since he does watch over Tsuna in secret. I dont think he'll do the father-son speech he never has before, I could see him talking to the 9th in private about Tsuna.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 00:19   Link #304
james0246

Early Chapter release...

Spoiler for Chapter 296:
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 09:33   Link #305
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'll be damned if the Shimon family is more stronger than the current Tsuna (which had received the...blessing(?) from the first vongola) and with his box still with him o.o;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 09:51   Link #306
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Too much trouble for nuffin's what I say, this is the part of the story where talking>fighting, yet they always opt for the fisticuffs
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 12:42   Link #307
Wrath88
Kissing...

Anyone thinks the the Shimon family are the ones who are secretly responsible for the powers of the different rings, but the Vongola took that from them, in the form of the Sin, which led to the Shimon being victimized.
Old 2010-07-04, 19:39   Link #308
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Anyone thinks the the Shimon family are the ones who are secretly responsible for the powers of the different rings, but the Vongola took that from them, in the form of the Sin, which led to the Shimon being victimized.
that isn't entirely impossible. Man, everyone's (including both allies and enemies) suddenly using the ring flames as if they've been using it all their lives! I'm beginning to think that this isn't any new technology at all. Plus if the Shimon family's power has been sealed off from the Primo time then that ring on Enma's finger must have some history! so it's antique stuff which means the techology must have existed long ago.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-07-04, 20:16   Link #309
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Spoiler for chapter 296:

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 06:54   Link #310
blewin

Chapter 297:

It's cliche but I actually find it quite interesting.... Tsuna being forced into a battle against an enemy of Primo rather than himself. Kind of quite surprised that he believes Primo was clear of the accusation even though he's only seen Primo once. I'm really interested in how this goes. Will the Shimon family gather all the mafia families to come after Vongola, setting the stage for a long battle into the time when Tsuna fully takes control of Vongola OR will Tsuna manage to diffuse the situation and make friends with the Shimon family? (I think the latter is the obvious answer though the former holds potential)

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-07-08, 08:12   Link #311
james0246

It's kind of stunningly obvious how a large portion of this arc will play out, but I'm still digging the characters, so it's all cool.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 09:08   Link #312
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh shid, they looked pissed... o.o;
....Are they really going to beat Tsuna and the other who had recently get new power up from the future ? @_@;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 11:21   Link #313
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I agree with the reason for the betrayal is cliche but man Amano makes it work! This arc has been very exciting and I love how boss!Tsuna has kind of appeared now. LOL at Adelheid's land getting bigger and bigger each panel
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 11:39   Link #314
Wrath88
Kissing...

6 vs 7, things do not look good for the Vongola.

EDIT: Well yeah, they have the 9th's family on their side too... I wonder whose rings the 9th family are using if the Vongola rings are with the 10th.
Old 2010-07-08, 18:48   Link #315
blue skies
noch einmal?

Seriously, how is her shirt staying up? Those things are bigger than her head.

Spoiler for just in case:
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:38   Link #316
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
Seriously, how is her shirt staying up? Those things are bigger than her head.

Spoiler for just in case:
thinking of it though, it still looks like an overkill. There're the Ninth's guardians, the Tenth's guardians AND Varia against just 6 (or 7?) Shimon family members.

Overkill.

But if the Vongola can't even handle that.... Amano'd be stretching it. Sometimes I think it's just the artwork and the fast pace of the manga that's keeping me interested in Reborn.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-07-08, 22:52   Link #317
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

There's also the fact that Tsuna right now, is fully equipped the same ( True Sky Ring + Vongola Box Weapons )way he beat Byakuran, Destroyer of Every World But One From the Future.

Realistically, even with these new ring powers, Shimon Family shouldn't have even a speck of chance, especially when they're only 'equal' to the power of the Vongola Rings. The Vongola side has both the full unlocked potential of their rings, combat technology from 10 years into the future, and the training/experience of fighting much more experienced and dangerous enemies that literally ruined civilizations and survivors of those ruined worlds, strongest 6 people out of trillions.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 02:55   Link #318
pampz21
ShipCore

well mybe this arc will fully awken the blood of vongola like primo said that he can lend power to his succesor

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 05:46   Link #319
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
There's also the fact that Tsuna right now, is fully equipped the same ( True Sky Ring + Vongola Box Weapons )way he beat Byakuran, Destroyer of Every World But One From the Future.
We don't know if he ever met the Shimon family with earth rings in any of them though, since their discovery was a direct consequence of Tsuna coming back home.
As for the plot, it went downhill for me. Enma's speech strikes me as groundless, pretty much for the same reason Tsuna stated (that it's too ooc for Primo). However, in the off case it did happen that way, Primo's actions could be the trigger to the corruption of Vongola from the very first gen., leaving Tsuna with the root of all evil inside the Vongola family...this should be good!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 06:19   Link #320
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Realistically, even with these new ring powers, Shimon Family shouldn't have even a speck of chance, especially when they're only 'equal' to the power of the Vongola Rings. The Vongola side has both the full unlocked potential of their rings, combat technology from 10 years into the future, and the training/experience of fighting much more experienced and dangerous enemies that literally ruined civilizations and survivors of those ruined worlds, strongest 6 people out of trillions.
and we'll see the Shimon family giving Vongola such a thrashing (illogically). *sigh* why am I still reading this even though it's so obvious?

Chrome Shelled Regios

Tags
action, shonen