AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-23, 10:55   Link #341
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@DKZ
Seriously? He knows better that he'd get a few words from Rina whatever the case may be, considering it's pretty hard to avoid family AND someone you work with. As such, I find it very hard to believe that he was trying to avoid Rina and was just using Touya to deflect her attention away from himself, when it most probably wouldn't work (and it actually didn't).

@Zippicus
For the 'forgotten' childhood friend, the one who forgot remembers who the other one is shortly after they are reunited. While it's debateable how long 'shortly after' is, but methinks after going out for the entirety of their high school lives and partly of their university times, you'd think that around 5 years together would joggle that memory a bit, no?

As such, I'm more inclined to think that Yuki is mistaking the identity of the boy of her past, especially since we aren't given a clear view of that guy's face, both in her flashback and in the ED.
Thats what I think and especially because he knows that she will jump on him whatever the case he is choosing to stay alive just a bit longer. I don't see it holding any special meaning other than avoidance to get a head start on running (which he did get).

As for the latter part...I think it would make the situation so much more interesting if Yuki did mistake some osananajimi for Touya. Sweet drama

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 11:59   Link #342
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , Yuki and Touya doesn't have the same "first time" flashback . So , who was the one behind the tree ? maybe Eijin omg
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 12:57   Link #343
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As for Yuki... wtf? Touya and her met in high school? The ED certainly fooled me lol, since I assumed it was Touya who was the boy. Now I wonder, who the heck is the unknown boy she met when she was young... I'd laugh it was actually Eiji. XD
Touya remembers high school stuff, Yuki remembers childhood - IMO, this scene displays that Touya doesn't remember/associate this - bad for him.
qwerty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 12:58   Link #344
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
She's very professional, but never experiment with new things, both for seiyuu work or singing.
That's simply a false statement.

Hinata from Naruto, Wrath from Fullmetal Alchemist and Misaki Kirihara of Darker than Black, all completely different characters with different vocal range and personalities by Mizuki Nana. Even in this season alone, can you honestly say that Touma of Minami-ke and the two Rinas (White Album and Rideback) are the same?

The only reason that you think she is not very experimental with voice work is that she, like many extremely famous seiyuu with too popular of a particular role from a certain anime, are type-casted. Plus she has this tendency to be starring in crappy anime that nobody watches when she does do things very differently. When the English Wiki lists Mizuki Nana as having the tendency to play timidly, withdrawn, soft spoken characters you can almost tell that the person who wrote it only watched like Naruto and Nanoha and not knowing that Mizuki Nana actually debuted by playing really genki cute characters to start off with instead (such as her Happy Lesson and Memories Off characters, both way too obscure by today's standards). She also had a period of playing not-so-intelligent characters (such as Shinobu from 2x2 Shinobuden and Kururu of Bottle Fairy), her former recent trend of getting slotted into the more with-held, quiet thinker type characters is undoubtly due to the popularity of Fate of Nanoha. And now her playing more natural sounding young adult type can be addressed to the success of her role as Kotoko in Itazura no Kiss.

When people say Hirano Aya is amazing in range for doing multiple "voices" and pan Mizuki Nana in the same breathe for being dull, I can't help but cringe, seriously. Since for every "extreme" voices you name for Aya, I'm fairly certain I can match it tit-for-tat with another "extreme" from Nana. But then again, I've said it a long time ago that something like this is just bread-and-butter for being a seiyuu, so it is not something worth boasting about for any seiyuu fans trying to claim to be knowledgable. In fact I don't think it is far fetched for me to say only newbies and noobs will proclaim how good a seiyuu is by how different they can sound. It's sort of like anime fans trying to claim how "good" a certain show is by how "original" the story is - because you should all know the dangers of that by now - chances are it's being done before, just that the person making such claims haven't seen it yet and ends up making a fool of himself by showing off how little he has seen.

The singing bit is very well explained already by others, her style and the genre of music she had tried has changed much over the years. Heck you can even take 1 single to see what range of songs she can sings and tries - Starcamp ED. Astrogation is electric beat Jpop, Cosmic Love is cutie pop, Dancing in the Velvet Moon has gothic influence, and Soradoke is a soft ballad! You have to be delibrately blind to the difference she is capable of to say things like she doesn't experiment (or you've only listened to her anime opening/ending themes from Nanoha). You can argue she isn't very good at all the things she tries (I certainly don't think she is good at everything, I don't find her cute voice to work that well, and I don't like her recent dabbing into R&B very much either), but saying she doesn't experiment is simply and completely untrue.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 19:44   Link #345
redbible

Even in crappy anime like Rosario she experimented. Inner Moka, cof, cof.

I agree with houkoholic.
redbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 20:21   Link #346
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3

Setting up the intricate web of lies between the three main characters has made it even more clear where this show is going, but it has also made it slightly more interesting as well. I still think this show suffers by keeping its characters at arms length (the advantage that fiction has over "real life" is that fiction can more intimately explore its characters than an alternative medium, but White Album isn't really taking advantage of that at this stage), but they are starting to say a lot about the relationships in this, especially between Touya and Yuki... and not much of it is all that positive. The big sign for me was the two strikingly different memories of their first meeting. It shows that they've attached very different meaning and significance to their relationship.

I think it's pretty clear that this show needs more character analysis. We need to know more about just what makes these character tick. They've done what they wanted to do with the relationship analysis, they've hammered home the point that the Touya x Yuki relationship is pretty much doomed, the next step, in my mind, is obvious. Tell us something significant about the characters.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 08:50   Link #347
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Did Touya lose his job at Echoes too? It seems Eiji just doesn't like him - period.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 08:52   Link #348
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I honestly can't believe the Aya Hirano hate is still going on. I mean, I think she proved her worth like... years ago.

As for Eiji, I wonder if he has a sister complex or does he want to help her sister or maybe somehow help Yuki? I have no idea what he's scheming as of now. Sho Hayami is channeling his best Aizen Sousuke.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 11:18   Link #349
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
The 3rd ep was nice as well, liked how the extent of Rina's dynamic personality was conveyed.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 14:31   Link #350
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I honestly can't believe the Aya Hirano hate is still going on. I mean, I think she proved her worth like... years ago....
I agree, but I don't criticise people for honestly not liking her work. It's a reasonable point of view. She is uneven, and has a unique style that seems like bad acting to some.

But some anti-Aya people are really childish. I just got negative rep points (my second ever) from some anonymous someone for my post saying how much I liked her work in ep3. Their comment: "Hirano Aya sucks." Thanks for the deep analysis.

Good point from Sorrow-K about how we are being kept at arm's length from the characters. It is creating an interesting atmosphere and some mystery, but we do have to get closer to someone soon. We'll see what today's episode brings.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-01-24 at 14:44.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 14:40   Link #351
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Uho~, nice twintails!

Spoiler for ep4:

Quote:
I honestly can't believe the Aya Hirano hate is still going on.
Don't know if it matters, but according to a few people I've converse with, they hate that voice of hers (the one similar to Yuki's). Irritating, apparently.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-01-24 at 14:51.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 15:42   Link #352
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Loved ep4.
Spoiler for ep4:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 16:00   Link #353
sirn
田舎者言うな

Episode 4, a bit confusing.

Spoiler for Episode 4:
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 18:09   Link #354
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
As for Eiji, I wonder if he has a sister complex or does he want to help her sister or maybe somehow help Yuki? I have no idea what he's scheming as of now. Sho Hayami is channeling his best Aizen Sousuke.
Its either a sister thing or he is looking at his wallet, which means cashing in on Yuki. And that would mean getting Touya out of the picture.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 23:01   Link #355
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yeah , Yuki and Touya doesn't have the same "first time" flashback . So , who was the one behind the tree ? maybe Eijin omg
I thought that just meant that Yuki noticed Touya first before he ever did. He obviously didn't know her since they were a little older. For all we know, Yuki might be loving him more than he think. I'm still rooting for a nice boat ending.....But....since he was a bit decent in ep 3 I'll give Touya the benefit of a doubt lol
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 08:55   Link #356
apr
Pedestrian

So, has anyone found a show without Tomatsu Haruka this year?

Unlike previous episodes, I didn't immediately find any "what?? wait, lemme rewatch that ten times" scenes in ep 4, no particular enigmas to unravel, and they even shed some light on a scene from ep 2. Still, White Album certainly has my attention for next week.
Old 2009-01-25, 09:45   Link #357
kcnet

Quote:
I honestly can't believe the Aya Hirano hate is still going on. I mean, I think she proved her worth like... years ago.
Aya's voice acting is fine. Is her singing that needs work.
kcnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 09:51   Link #358
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Confusing anime is confusing. Guess I'll just lurk around here while watching the drama(blood) unfold.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 11:33   Link #359
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Really? I didn't find it confusing

ep 4
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 11:44   Link #360
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
This is why you have mobile phones for convenience sakes.
They were pretty rare in 1986.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen