AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 51 43.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 38.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-29, 09:03   Link #61
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

I don't think I'll ever stop looking at all the details I rather not list. Despite me being into Kumin, Rikka is just a new breed moe like Erio from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. However, all of these ladies got my heart.

They say love can show femininity....and it turns out Rikka has shown me a lot. A girl that falls in love is dangerous for my heart. I become voracious and eager to see how it pans out.

Old 2012-11-29, 09:03   Link #62
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Staff Comments!
Episode Director/Storyboarder Noriyuki Kitanohara
Quote:
This is...
the storyboarder and director of episode 9...
Kitanohara..

This episode has done me in remarkably. Rikka was hilarious.
I may be at my limits. It may finally be too much for my own hands.
I didn't want to admit this. Call it an error in my mid-life...
I'm done for.
Nibutani, I leave the rest to you.
THUD

P.S. Isshiki, you're a nice guy. Keep at it.
Background Artist Naoki Hosokawa:
Quote:
This is Hosokawa, the person in charge of backgrounds for Chuunibyou episode 9.

Usually, there's no request for backgrounds, but this time we enjoyed inadvertently drawing the backgrounds based on Nibutani.
But what did you about the courageous last scene at twilight? You were able to sense the dramatic atmosphere sensation, right?
Special Effects Artist Rina Miura:
Quote:
Deathly nice to meet you, I'm Miura and I had the privilege of being in charge of special effects.

At last, it deathfinally happened!
The young girl has fallen in love +゜*。:゜+(人*´∀`)+゜:。*゜+☆ (That feeling you get in your heart)
We've reached that "love" portion of Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! you've been waiting for death to see!

Up until now, being in charge of special effects meant that I was tasked with creating clay figures and weapons that Rikka-chan would fight to the death with, but this time my role was to color her cheeks with all my might. (The slightly blushing cheeks were one deadly effective portion of this work)
When I first received the storyboards for this episode, I thought the cute girl falling in love was so "cute and awkward...☆"! It was so enjoyable to have the privilege to work on this episode.

I very much hope it was as enjoyable for everyone to watch as well. And so, I hope you continue to watch this deathly path of chuunibyou love!

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-11-29, 09:14   Link #63
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I haven't been liking Rikka for the past few episodes. Her moody attitude and avoiding everyone was leaving a bad impression and I preferred her happy, fantasy-land attitude. Hopefully some of that returns now that some light has been shed on what she's feeling and knowing what to do.

I do expect some of her problems to remain for another few episodes of course, but I want to see Rikka happy again

The episode as a whole was pretty nice though, and I liked the ending (Not in the "I'm glad she almost died" kind of way, more like the "I'm glad she's interacting with Yuuta again and was saved by him" kind of way )
Old 2012-11-29, 09:34   Link #64
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wonder why does Touka wants to watch her figure ?
A former rhythmic gymnast working at a first-class restaurant..... I figure she wants to keep fit, because you can get rather "large" working at restaurants.
Old 2012-11-29, 09:40   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
A former rhythmic gymnast working at a first-class restaurant..... I figure she wants to keep fit, because you can get rather "large" working at restaurants.
Yes, lets go with that
Old 2012-11-29, 09:43   Link #66
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
If she keeps her figure... I wonder how many food got burnt everyday with all the male staffs staring at her lol
Old 2012-11-29, 10:00   Link #67
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
If she keeps her figure... I wonder how many food got burnt everyday with all the male staffs staring at her lol
I guess that’s one way to test those male staffs’ professionalism .
Old 2012-11-29, 10:19   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Excellent episode.

It was amusing and endearing to see Rikka mistake love for... whatever it was she mistook it as. It's a good thing Shinka was there to help her, otherwise it's doubtful she would have ever made any progress. Worse, she might have even drifted away from him (it was already starting to happen in fact).

Shinka was very likable in her role as cupid. It's nice to have her root for them from the bottom of her heart. She had no hidden intention. We finally saw her interact one on one with Rikka, and it was well worth the wait. Loved Rikka's reaction when Shinka told her she was in love. She's so transparent

They're handling the romance aspect of the series better than I thought they would. It's blending quite well with the chuunibyou element. A chuunibyou in love is an adorable... nah, it's probably just Rikka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
That backflip... wow. It doesn't seem like she's rusty. I wasn't too surprised to find out she used to do rhythmic gymnastic, it explains why she's so agile.
Old 2012-11-29, 11:09   Link #69
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Shinka was very likable in her role as cupid. It's nice to have her root for them from the bottom of her heart. She had no hidden intention.
I would not be so sure, she obviously is trying to ship YuutaxRikka and IsshikixKumin (albeit this one failed miserably), if successful the rest of the club wouldl be lovey dovey and no one will notice when she lays her paws on Dekomori >: )
Old 2012-11-29, 11:15   Link #70
Itlandm
Porcupine

In Japan, is it customary for teenage boys to leave erotic books under their bed? So that their parent or guardian can see that there is nothing unhealthy in it? In a way, it is more disturbing when young boys have a Galaxy Tab by their bed. Anything could be on it, even very disgusting things. With secrecy, one may go down a dark path without knowing where it will end.

Yuuta seems to have quite healthy literature, showing young adult women wearing swimsuits. His mother would be proud of him, I am sure. Still, it is embarrassing when other women read it!
Old 2012-11-29, 11:18   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I would not be so sure, she obviously is trying to ship YuutaxRikka and IsshikixKumin (albeit this one failed miserably), if successful the rest of the club wouldl be lovey dovey and no one will notice when she lays her paws on Dekomori >: )
When she decided the pairs, part of me couldn't help but think she did that to be all alone with Dekomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
In Japan, is it customary for teenage boys to leave erotic books under their bed? So that their parent or guardian can see that there is nothing unhealthy in it? In a way, it is more disturbing when young boys have a Galaxy Tab by their bed. Anything could be on it, even very disgusting things. With secrecy, one may go down a dark path without knowing where it will end.

Yuuta seems to have quite healthy literature, showing young adult women wearing swimsuits. His mother would be proud of him, I am sure. Still, it is embarrassing when other women read it!
The gravure magazine is a decoy to make it appear he has normal tastes. The truly nasty stuff is on his computer.
Old 2012-11-29, 11:21   Link #72
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I loved that scene because it gave me the final clue as to Touka's measurements:

Height: 167 cm
Bust: 86 cm
Waist: 61 cm
Hip: 88 cm
Old 2012-11-29, 11:27   Link #73
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Chuuni in love is poisonously cute because they're so awkward at it

(。・ω・。)ノ♡

Deko teaching math is epic....
Old 2012-11-29, 11:56   Link #74
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

I remember someone in the previous episode thread saying that Nibutani hasn't interacted much with Rikka. Well, there you go in this episode Not only that, but Nibutani actually helped Rikka out with handling her affections And the hang-bridge effect really works lol. I gotta try that someday, really.

Those are the really memorable moments of this episode for me. Others include Deko helping others out with maths and Rikka's sister's gymnastic abilties.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2012-11-29, 12:05   Link #75
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Really awesome episode 10/10 that last bit was bloody beautiful!!

Lets just hope they dont drag the confession scene to the last episode, i want to see a couple of eps of them going out
Old 2012-11-29, 12:08   Link #76
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
When she decided the pairs, part of me couldn't help but think she did that to be all alone with Dekomori
"Listen Dekomori, your new master is a wicked witch, now drink your milk like a good girl" >: )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Lets just hope they dont drag the confession scene to the last episode, i want to see a couple of eps of them going out
I think Rikka has already confessed, sometimes words are not just necessary IMO.
Old 2012-11-29, 14:24   Link #77
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Quote:
Up until now, being in charge of special effects meant that I was tasked with creating clay figures and weapons that Rikka-chan would fight to the death with, but this time my role was to color her cheeks with all my might.
Now I'm imagining a guy, with a headband with "hardwork" writen on it, drawing as if he was Yagami Light of the drawings, making a light blush on a character's face...

Love'd this episode! so much hnnnnnngggggggg
Old 2012-11-29, 14:33   Link #78
Mubyoshi

Well, that was certainly an enjoyable episode.
Old 2012-11-29, 14:59   Link #79
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

GODDAMMIT KYOANI, NEVER STOP MAKING MONEY
Spoiler for HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG:
Old 2012-11-29, 15:07   Link #80
Somnus
Eh?

So after watching KyoAni shows for a good long while, I think everyone knows they tend to do "so close, but none in the end" panty tease shots.

Welp, I've finally discovered what happens when they fail to do so!

Spoiler for What's under the skirt, KyoAni?:

I didn't photoshop that (it's actually from the episode), but I did find it funny.