Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-01, 12:33   Link #441
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It makes me wonder if the second season wasn't agreed to in advance, though it would be much more likely they were waiting to see how sales looked. They can't possibly have planned to end there otherwise, can they?
yup, I still remember that there wasn't any confirmation of how many episodes this season will have until second season was confirmed...

they probably decided to cover just until the 3rd day (or maybe 2nd day) of interhigh...

quite solid BD/DVD sales, boost on tankobon sales and positive feedback from the fans are probably what seal the deal for 2nd season.
Old 2014-07-01, 13:02   Link #442
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
yup, I still remember that there wasn't any confirmation of how many episodes this season will have until second season was confirmed...

they probably decided to cover just until the 3rd day (or maybe 2nd day) of interhigh...

quite solid BD/DVD sales, boost on tankobon sales and positive feedback from the fans are probably what seal the deal for 2nd season.
It was confirmed from the beginning that there would be 38 episodes. So, the number count for the first season was already established.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 13:10   Link #443
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
It was confirmed from the beginning that there would be 38 episodes. So, the number count for the first season was already established.
I didn't know that they will end the season at episode 38 until this news dropped

and it wasn't mentioned in their previous news

welp, ANN might be fallen behind on their news...or just forgot some details
Old 2014-07-01, 14:02   Link #444
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Glad Onoda is actually tired from all the climbing, drafting and sprinting

It wouldn't make sense if he's still strong and full of energy.
Yeah, well, Midousuji won the green zekken, the red, and he's still raring to go for the yellow...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 14:06   Link #445
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, well, Midousuji won the green zekken, the red, and he's still raring to go for the yellow...
Midousuji has also been at this longer then Onoda. I'm looking forward to his backstory. When he said that line to Shinkai about "carrying something heavier then you", I thought perhaps they were going to push it forward.

Quote:
I didn't know that they will end the season at episode 38 until this news dropped

and it wasn't mentioned in their previous news

welp, ANN might be fallen behind on their news...or just forgot some details
Yeah, even before the anime started airing it was confirmed. On the first page of this thread is a link to the original announcement back in April of last year.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 12:25   Link #446
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I'd actually argue what Onoda did is a lot more tiring. Ultimately he's covered more distance in a faster time than Midousuji (he had to backtrack and then catch up, now he is more or less riding next to Midousuji having been way behind, which requires a faster overall pace).
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 08:39   Link #447
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I'd actually argue what Onoda did is a lot more tiring. Ultimately he's covered more distance in a faster time than Midousuji (he had to backtrack and then catch up, now he is more or less riding next to Midousuji having been way behind, which requires a faster overall pace).
The big difference between the two of them right now though is that Midosuji doesn't need someone else to order him to do something in order to win or try to perform amazing feats... he is in command of himself.

Onoda is acting in order to fulfill his duty to his team and following orders that were assigned to him. He isn't choosing for himself what to do, except for deciding how to implement the orders he was given earlier. In the end, I'm hoping Onoda develops that skill eventually... since it will be a skill he will need if he ever wants to be better than Midosuji. Though I will say that I am surprised... I don't think Midosuji has ever said that someone else was abnormal twice... I wonder exactly what that means he thinks of Onoda?...

Also, the heavier burden thing was interesting... I initially thought it meant that he was selfishly replying to himself since he needed to win..., but when you all mention it... it sounds like Midosuji probably has some deep backstory as well... and it makes sense... otherwise he would just be a jerk for no reason.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 09:17   Link #448
cyth
Banned

He needs to develop skills to go against a captain's order, who is obviously more experienced than he is? What?
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 12:33   Link #449
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
also midsouji had his teamamtes pulling him, nobody had pulled sakamichi until teh very last kilometers; instead he pulled the fat guy, then he pulled the rest of the team.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 13:21   Link #450
ookamigirl

OVA

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 08:13   Link #451
LKK

Discotek Media announced the license for seasons 1 & 2 on December 21, 2014, on their Facebook page. [Source] Thread prefix updated.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sports