AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-06-09, 13:20   Link #561
QuinE*
allyouranimearebelongtome

Send a message via MSN to QuinE*
Well, it seems to me that Germany didn't play that serious, particularly the defence line. They could've done way better.. prolly because they thought it'd be an easy game. Ah well, they did score 2 superb goals (top corner) from Lahm and Frings.
QuinE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 22:13   Link #562
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle

(BTW, Oliver Kahn's expression after Lehmann conceded his second goal sure looks interesting. )
You know... I am very sure that Arsenal NEEDS a new keeper if Kahn continue to show that face
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 22:19   Link #563
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

(BTW, Oliver Kahn's expression after Lehmann conceded his second goal sure looks interesting. )
You know... I am very sure that Arsenal NEEDS a new keeper if Kahn continue to show that face

And today.. 3 straight games from 9 pm in my time here @_@ ... England, Sweden and Argentina line up. All 3 match will feature Arsenal team members .. There goes my sleep @__@
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-06-11, 02:33   Link #564
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Finally, the forum's back up.

Now on yesterday's England vs Paraguay game. As is usual with Eriksson, great first half, boring second half. Taking Owen off and putting Hargreaves and Downing in? Just WTF was Eriksson thinking? And what's the point of bringing Walcott if he's not going to use him? More and more questions about his decision not to include Defoe in the squad. Plus I strongly demand Gerrard be allowed to roam freely, he's wasted in a defensive midfield role. At this rate, England are going to have a tough time beating Trinidad.

Now on to Trinidad, congratulate them on holding Sweden to a goalless draw. Shaka Hislop and Dwight Yorke were just excellent in leading their countrymen, mostly plying their trade in the English lower divisions.

As a tennis fan as well, I have an interesting dilemma today, should I watch Serbia-Montenegro play Netherlands, or should I stick with the Federer vs Nadal final?
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 06:02   Link #565
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Now on to Trinidad, congratulate them on holding Sweden to a goalless draw. Shaka Hislop and Dwight Yorke were just excellent in leading their countrymen, mostly plying their trade in the English lower divisions.
That was a sad mess to see. Sweden has a decent attack, but we suck against ultra-defensive opposition. (What was that, a 9-0-1 lineup?) I think we need to be the underdogs ourselves in order to achieve. That said, I think we could beat Paraguay if we get it together and actually score some goals... so it's not over just yet... Even though there's already a national depression spreading... We've been spoiled with some decent results in 2002 and 2004 so I suppose we were expecting some fireworks yesterday as well.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 06:13   Link #566
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I must say that I've enjoyed the match between Argentine and Ivory Coast. Too bad there are no equalizer >__< Was rooting for them too =3
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-06-11, 06:52   Link #567
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
That was a sad mess to see. Sweden has a decent attack, but we suck against ultra-defensive opposition.
Arrg, yesterday was probably one of the worst day in my life.
First my computer literally blew up plus i'm now completly broken,
england won and sweden in a tie,
and none of my lottery numbers were picked, shoot.
At least Argentina and Ivory Coast delivered a nice match,
i still cannot believe that sweden didn't scored,
come on Larsson score like you scored for celtic.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 07:56   Link #568
ShikaShika
無罪

First game of the day is about to begin, I'm guessing a suprise win for the Serbs, 1-0.

Edit: Of course I meant to say the Dutch! (Pending further editing.)

Last edited by ShikaShika; 2006-06-11 at 08:21.
Old 2006-06-11, 08:54   Link #569
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
Edit: Of course I meant to say the Dutch! (Pending further editing.)
Lol,

Well this has been a very promising first half, so far one of the better matches we've had (although yesterdays Argentina - ivory Coast was certainly very good as well. The dutch are pretty much in control, Serbia sticks to fast attack no real build-up. It's still uncertain though how the game will turn out, Serbia is quite a dangerous opponent
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 11:29   Link #570
Nara

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
The thing that worries me is the racial aspect of this thing...Especially with it being in Germany I am very worrried for minority players and media...All this week in America they are doing reports and specials on the Nazi fundamentalists and racist fans who throw bananas and other derrogatory remarks at players of color...Nara (Not to lump you in with any of this but), since you live in germany any opinions on the vulgarity of most of their right-wing fans?? I mean Fifa World Cup is the most serious sporting event ever and people are insane in their attitudes towards teams and players...With it being in Germany (which I still don't know how they got the event), I just fear for certain individuals...

Any other members from Germany I would like to hear your opinions on this...
Isn't it a bit unfair to rate Germany because of those horrible events from the past? It's a totally different generation now, except some silly ('silly' is a much too weak word, I think) people who have not learned anything. Luckily there are not very much of them anymore and politicians do everything to supress them. I only know from the news, that the racists were planning some demonstrations, but the government forbid them. There was only one in the news and it got a lot of counter-reactions by a lot of other people - people don't want them in Germany and they threw things at them, etc.

I'm not very good in arguing, but I hope my opinion got clear. I do NOT want to be rated the same, as those people.

Although I'm not that soccer fan, I like the idea that one can get into contact with people from lots of other nations. And the news also show that soccer connects the people in a way. They celebrate together and it does not really matter, from which country they are.

-----------------------------------

By the way:
Yeah, the Dutch won. My school-friend is definately very happy now. She studies in Amsterdam at the moment.
Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 11:57   Link #571
QuinE*

Latest update Mexico 1 Iran 1
I know it's weird but I want Iran to win for no reason. xD
Old 2006-06-11, 13:49   Link #572
ShikaShika
無罪

I kind of wanted an upset too, but Mexico deserved the win.
Old 2006-06-11, 17:51   Link #573
Weissent
on and off member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
The thing that worries me is the racial aspect of this thing...Especially with it being in Germany I am very worrried for minority players and media...All this week in America they are doing reports and specials on the Nazi fundamentalists and racist fans who throw bananas and other derrogatory remarks at players of color...Nara (Not to lump you in with any of this but), since you live in germany any opinions on the vulgarity of most of their right-wing fans?? I mean Fifa World Cup is the most serious sporting event ever and people are insane in their attitudes towards teams and players...With it being in Germany (which I still don't know how they got the event), I just fear for certain individuals...

Any other members from Germany I would like to hear your opinions on this...
The American media going British all of a sudden?
There are areas in Germany where you shouldn't walk around being colored, as there are areas where you could easily get into trouble being white. Every bigger city has its own areas where it is not safe to venture *at all* just as in every other country.
Making such a big thing out of it is racist. Discriminating Germans because of our heritage again ... see?
Weissent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 18:44   Link #574
evil-samurai

Mexico Wins, 3:1

Now that was a really good match, well.. another player with two goal.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 07:19   Link #575
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nara
Isn't it a bit unfair to rate Germany because of those horrible events from the past? It's a totally different generation now, except some silly ('silly' is a much too weak word, I think) people who have not learned anything. Luckily there are not very much of them anymore and politicians do everything to supress them. I only know from the news, that the racists were planning some demonstrations, but the government forbid them. There was only one in the news and it got a lot of counter-reactions by a lot of other people - people don't want them in Germany and they threw things at them, etc.

I'm not very good in arguing, but I hope my opinion got clear. I do NOT want to be rated the same, as those people...
Listen I am glad you and other Germans feel that way but Black players getting pelted with bananas and monkey chants as the stands filled with thousands of Nazi flag wavers(They even have this one HUGE flag that like 200 people can hold) which I've seen with my OWN EYES is something you don't forget or take lightly...How in the world can you concentrate on a game with hundreds upon hundreds of bananas hitting you during the coarse of play?? I didn't base my opinon an anything other than what I saw...I am not holding Germany hostage over it's past, i'm just concerned about Black and other minority players who have to play within the boundaries of such foolishness (which is REAL)...If you know anything about soccor then you know that crowds getting lathered an attacking other groups of crowds, players, or refs, is fairly common...But once again this is not a jab at anyone who doesn't participate in this and I am sorry if my first post implies this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weissent
Making such a big thing out of it is racist. Discriminating Germans because of our heritage again ... see?
Listen i wish none of it was true, but racism is a HUGE issue...one that many areas of Europe have failed to address (Hell we haven't fully addressed it here)...I've seen atleast 3 specials on this controversy and heard detailed accounts form many black players some who are international stars...HBO's REAL SPORTS and ESPN did a
full-expose on the problems and how many Football ruling entities in Europe (mainly Germany) all but ignored it...The reason being is they really don't consider it a
"big thing"...tell that to those players of color who are shown at the near breaking point, having to be restrained by teammates, refs and EVEN players from the opposing squads from going into the stands and doing something about it themselves (In this expose there was no slanting of the issue, it was clear by the images and accounts)...I saw this with my OWN EYES....That's why I am initially concerned about it being there (Which has nothing to do with those Germans who are fair-minded individuals, I am being quite specific)...
Old 2006-06-12, 09:33   Link #576
real folk blues..

^..mate seriously.. less talk on politics and more on the footy aite?
and dude, if you don't have anything to say about football, be a good samaritan and go express your petty thoughts in another thread.
holland won..wohooo!!! arjen robben was awesome, a bit selfish though
Iran didn't make a good account of themselves against mexico, i think they're a good side, pretty skillful, but had too many fouls.
my tip for the world cup? germany may be causing the buzz, but i think they'll burn out.. a good bet is always brazil lol, i didn't get to see the argentina match, but i heard they were superb as well.. and later, italy v ghana.. it's gonna be a 3 am match that one.. will the italians be worth watching i wonder?
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 09:58   Link #577
QuinE*

What a waste. Japan lost 3 - 1 to Aussie. They had a good run before halftime and everything went downhill after that. I gotta say that the Japanese have to train their stamina if they wanna play big games like that. They're just lacking physical fitness. Ahh well, Aussies deserved their win anyway. I hope South Korea won't end up like Japan. xD
Old 2006-06-12, 10:00   Link #578
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Australia 3 - 1 Japan

After trailing from a controversial first half goal, Australia made quite a remarkable comeback, Hiddink has done it again through his tactical substitutions, which contributed to all three goals. (Cahill with two and Aloisi finishing them off near the end. ) It's a pity Kewell missed that shot in the first half as well.

Now Japan have a mountain to climb. But I don't suppose the Socceroos could beat Brazil, but who knows.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 10:10   Link #579
evil-samurai

Wow! Australia beats Japan 3:1 Before the match started I was going for Aus to win.. but towards the end I had doubts.. they were 1 goal down in the 83 minutine mark but were still playing good offensive football, they attacked better in the second half after they got all the Substitute on, and it showed with goal on the 84' 89' 92' In the end a Good match! XD
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 10:31   Link #580
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

@ 1.0.7,

You should have seen Cote D'Ivoire vs. Argentinia. It was one.. no it was the most beautifull match so far (class of soccer vise).

@ wingdarkness,

What you may have seen, are the ultra rightwinged neonazi (type of hooligans here). Since many of them are known to police and FiFa it is unlikely, that such individuums come near a FiFa soccer arena (or have a ticket for the game). Some 2nd and 3rd league soccer clubs have problems with such "Fans" but I doubt there will be such incidents in the world championship.

Also there is a problem with freedom of speech:

news link1

news link2

But think in general it won't affect the world championship very much.

@ all,

I assume we (germany) will have to play against not so strong teams until in the quarter finals, thats strange luck (and very well known from the last worldchampionship ).

But its very hot here now, I pity the teams that have to play today

I'm sorry for japan

Last edited by Jinto; 2006-06-12 at 10:44.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer