AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 20 20.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 17.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-23, 20:36   Link #41
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol Daryl going against Gai and allowing Tsugumi and the others to escape. Kind of cool how Gai took out that whole fleet.
It wasn't Gai but Leucocyte or whatever that satellite weapon is called.
You have that kid who they freed from prison (Remember the ep where they invaded GHQ to free that gagged kid) operating it. Dunno if he is inside or on ground but he is the one operating that satellite laser.
Old 2012-02-23, 20:38   Link #42
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Inori is Kerrigan.

Shu is Raynor.

OH GOD IT MAKES SENSE NOW.

(No, really, I can't be the only one who thought this when she went queen of blades on us)
Wait how is that comparable. Kerrigan was a bitch, an actual bitch who can't blame her actions on a split personality, she killed freaking Fenix, and screwed over several other Brotoss, plus wiping about billions of people in the galaxy, she earned her title as queen bitch of the universe. This girl just has split personality issues.

Also SC1 Jim Raynor was awesome, not the sc2 hans solo wannabe, who couldn't get over his issues.

Anyway.... Seems Shu's "redemption" officially starts next ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
It wasn't Gai but Leucocyte or whatever that satellite weapon is called.
You have that kid who they freed from prison (Remember the ep where they invaded GHQ to free that gagged kid) operating it. Dunno if he is inside or on ground but he is the one operating that satellite laser.
Supposedesly there's several hundred under Japanese control. How that happened? God knows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

Those satellites probably belong to GHQ, and it seems Gai is deep in that organization, so yeah...

As for the ancient organization thing, that's such a staple, I can't mind it, really.
That doesn't answer question though. How did the other countries let that happen? Just how? Did they not notice the several hundred orbital strike capable weapons Japan just so happened to be launching up there?
Old 2012-02-23, 20:39   Link #43
InternHertz
.lone.....

All I'm hoping for is that Shu is going to rip Haruka apart. Damn b*tch >< I wish a lot of people die in those that are left, but I want to see her suffer the most.
Gah we have to wait another week for the next episode, every time is more excruciating than the last.
Old 2012-02-23, 20:42   Link #44
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Supposedesly there's several hundred under Japanese control. How that happened? God knows....
Theres a lot of WTF moments in GC, and a lot of WTF plot twists in GC.
But I still think that hundreds of those satellites are overstatement. It just impossible.
Hell I will probably be like a "Haruka forgiveness earned +10" in next ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternHertz View Post
All I'm hoping for is that Shu is going to rip Haruka apart. Damn b*tch >< I wish a lot of people die in those that are left, but I want to see her suffer the most.
Thats the problem. I kinda don't like her myself. But it seems that next episode she will get a "remembering flashbacks with young Shu" and then she will help him get 3rd void. Even in this ep under shower there was *that atmosphere* about her. Which makes me kinda go O_o. I just cannot picture that woman mind, one second she hurts her son and next second she do a 180 turn around.
Old 2012-02-23, 20:46   Link #45
andy

This ep was good and i love the part when Inori took out the endlaves with her new look.
Next week we going to see Shu get ready to take back what is his .
Old 2012-02-23, 20:52   Link #46
wtfftw

where did all the students die. Gramps even talked about some of the students telling what happened or something along that line. I think only 3 students died
Old 2012-02-23, 20:53   Link #47
inori

LOLOL this was soo delicious i couldn't stop drooling..
i mean common that stupid Arisa should've known.. trash will always be trash no matter how you spread your legs or purr like a kitten.i was truely surprised when i noticed that she wasn't a virgin since she looked like she enjoyed spreading just for some info to plot a coup det 'at. did she think neo-gai would notice her at all? her role was already over since the first time they crossed paths back on that boat when gai made shu use her void for the first time. too bad gramp's couldn't finish the job but hopefully inori will.
wow if only we could swap neo-gai for shuu i would've loved this anime.. 3 voids simultaneously to a unison fusion then breaking it at will is just too damn good.. without standing 5 feet in-front of target void holders was really intriguing.. this whole dictator act of his is pathetic... i thought he was a soldier of principle and his whole destroying the anti-bodies was his numero-uno but meh it just goes to show that sometimes BAD GUYS DO WIN
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INORI !! demon blade mode ftw! too bad she got caught after her rampage tho i wanted to see some mastery or raw talent from her solo mode against neo-gai for a short skirmish..
so looks like mama shu was okay with the fact baby lost his arm... with all her knowledge she sure is dumb on how to raise a kid tho..
shu is hurting for feeling betrayed.. i don't want him to develop into another Tsunayoshi from that other useless anime hit man reborn whose pathetic on his own and is always a coward.
i want some sengoku basara action from the next or coming episodes cause there is too much emo-crap going around and my interest bar just dropped.
i dunno if any of you guys noticed this but did anyone notice something totally fake about ep 17.? how the hell did neo-gai yank out inori's void and cut of shu's arm and if he already had shu's powers why the need to cut his arm and take the powers? or was he just mad at the fact shu was running things? Also gotta love how the remnants of FP looked once they saw their beloved leader abandon them after giving his ultimatum.. when i saw that scene i just thought of sheep and their shepherd.. 1 day he's guiding you to nice plains of grass to lay around and eat and he protects you from wild beasts who wanna eat you just so he can sell you off to the highest bidder later or better yet eat you for dinner.
Old 2012-02-23, 20:57   Link #48
com_gwp

Quote:
Wait how is that comparable. Kerrigan was a bitch, an actual bitch who can't blame her actions on a split personality, she killed freaking Fenix, and screwed over several other Brotoss, plus wiping about billions of people in the galaxy, she earned her title as queen bitch of the universe. This girl just has split personality issues.

Also SC1 Jim Raynor was awesome, not the sc2 hans solo wannabe, who couldn't get over his issues.
I meant it more as a joke than anything. No need to read into it that seriously, bro. But Shu's brooding does remind me a hell lot of SC2 Raynor when you make the Zerg connection, eh?
Old 2012-02-23, 21:01   Link #49
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I meant it more as a joke than anything. No need to read into it that seriously, bro. But Shu's brooding does remind me a hell lot of SC2 Raynor when you make the Zerg connection, eh?
Yeah I know, I just wanted to go on an off topic rant, probably should have that more obvious though I thought it was..
Old 2012-02-23, 21:01   Link #50
Allium
Keep on keeping on

This was a pretty OK episode. I like the fact that we get a glimpse into Inori's feelings and inner conflict; if only we had gotten them sooner. Her in 'battle gear mode' was nice to watch.

And now they insert in some 'secret ancient organisation.' The scene during which Arisa's grandfather charged in and got shot was kinda random. I also don't really get Arisa's devotion to Gai - it felt awkward and sudden.

Judging from this ep and the preview, it seems that Haruka might have a change of heart and attempt to help Shu.
Old 2012-02-23, 21:05   Link #51
ShinVader

Dem I really hope Inori to live till the end of story
some good anime such as katanagatar End tragically

I really want to see gai brutally killed by shu and inori.

And hope inori and shu see their happy ending
Old 2012-02-23, 21:07   Link #52
com_gwp

Quote:
Yeah I know, I just wanted to go on an off topic rant, probably should have that more obvious though I thought it was..
Oh I feel ya. SC2's story was a stepdown from 1 and broodwars, even if the campaign was the most fun I've ever had with any RTS's campaign.
Old 2012-02-23, 21:07   Link #53
inori

lol @ around 19:09 to 21:00 inori looks soo badass with her ninja shoes and her blades.. it looks like she can also freely use voids too so we can now add that to her unsumble of mysteriousness..

the whole mana girl appearing in inori's unconsciousness is starting to annoy me.. why now? after they supposedly killed her off.. i hope she is inori's bijuu lawl cause i don't want to see her revived i rather just see inori taping into her powers and keeping her in check
Old 2012-02-23, 21:25   Link #54
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by inori View Post
lol @ around 19:09 to 21:00 inori looks soo badass with her ninja shoes and her blades.. it looks like she can also freely use voids too so we can now add that to her unsumble of mysteriousness..

the whole mana girl appearing in inori's unconsciousness is starting to annoy me.. why now? after they supposedly killed her off.. i hope she is inori's bijuu lawl cause i don't want to see her revived i rather just see inori taping into her powers and keeping her in check
Isn't inori a clone of sorts of hers or at least she was engineered to have at least some of her dna, void powers whatever. It's not really surprising she showed up probably the same thing happened to mana which made her go crazy.
Old 2012-02-23, 21:34   Link #55
inori

@ Tenchi
well not exactly i think inori is mana but still asleep.. i forgot what episode it was but thy showed baby shu,mana,gai and the whole lost Christmas incident. but long story short mana dies and gai leaves and all of a sudden we have inori.
then if u watched the ep about the wedding that old man tried to have with inori too shu impales her and gai through so its safe to assume that mana has power over all voids and i dunno why people are obsessed with marrying her forcefully. its kinda pathetic.
but for you all who haven't seen ep 19 preview gai is also trying to tie that knot... i won't spoil the rest but i really really really hate neo gai
Old 2012-02-23, 21:38   Link #56
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by inori View Post
@ Tenchi
well not exactly i think inori is mana but still asleep.. i forgot what episode it was but thy showed baby shu,mana,gai and the whole lost Christmas incident. but long story short mana dies and gai leaves and all of a sudden we have inori.
then if u watched the ep about the wedding that old man tried to have with inori too shu impales her and gai through so its safe to assume that mana has power over all voids and i dunno why people are obsessed with marrying her forcefully. its kinda pathetic.
but for you all who haven't seen ep 19 preview gai is also trying to tie that knot... i won't spoil the rest but i really really really hate neo gai
Yeah I know all that, I'm not talking about mana, mana more about the alien alter ego that wanted to mate with Shu which inori clearly shows traits of. Basically Inori is part mana/was made from mana's void and that alter ego of mana wants her to do what the original mana couldn't.
Old 2012-02-23, 21:42   Link #57
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

That doesn't answer question though. How did the other countries let that happen? Just how? Did they not notice the several hundred orbital strike capable weapons Japan just so happened to be launching up there?
Isn't GHQ a multinational organization? Those were probably launched by GHQ for their own purposes, and with the Anti Bodies little coup, they are no in their hands.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-02-23, 21:42   Link #58
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Isn't inori a clone of sorts of hers or at least she was engineered to have at least some of her dna, void powers whatever. It's not really surprising she showed up probably the same thing happened to mana which made her go crazy.
Inori is the vessel for the rebirth of Mana. Mana and Inori are telepathically linked. That why when Inori was looking like she was about to strip Shu and the eyes looked different, you know it's Mana. The brocon can not be denied her Shu.

They prob only needed one crystal of Mana to reproduce Mana like they did Gai.
Old 2012-02-23, 21:47   Link #59
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Okay, that transformation was freaking hilarious. I haven't laughed so much at the show in a long time. Where the heck did that transformation come from, and why the hell does she look like that? Are you really expecting me to take that look seriously without proper buildup?

The rest of the episode was pretty dull though. I just didn't give a crap about what was happening. I guess I did like those dickheads dying, but besides and the final scene, "eh".

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-02-23, 21:53   Link #60
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

A very painful and yet somehow beautiful episode.

Spoiler for episode:

All over, a very interesting episode with developments in characters finally - at least that are relevant and helpful. Looking forward to next episode.