AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-12-22, 18:51   Link #201
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Goten and Trunks in their base form could eat Frieza in his 100% full power form.
I don't mean to bring up a can of worms here, but this is highly debatable.
Old 2012-12-22, 19:03   Link #202
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I don't mean to bring up a can of worms here, but this is highly debatable.
I'm all for friendly debate. Tell me more.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 19:05   Link #203
GDB

Yeah, we really don't have any way to measure it. However, considering they were, at best, able to make Android 18 stumble (but ultimately weren't a match for her), that makes their Super Saiyan forms a bit stronger than early Android saga Vegeta, Future Trunks, and Goku. Since their base forms would be 50x weaker (approximately), it's doubtful they'd even scratch Frieza's final form, even at a fraction of his power.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 19:07   Link #204
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, we really don't have any way to measure it. However, considering they were, at best, able to make Android 18 stumble (but ultimately weren't a match for her), that makes their Super Saiyan forms a bit stronger than early Android saga Vegeta, Future Trunks, and Goku. Since their base forms would be 50x weaker (approximately), it's doubtful they'd even scratch Frieza's final form, even at a fraction of his power.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts. And Android 18 wasn't fully exerting herself either. Now if we're talking about Base Goten after having trained in the hyperbolic time chamber, things change considerably.
Old 2012-12-22, 19:14   Link #205
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

My point still stands though. They should just say that Bils wants to fight Goku after hearing about Buu's destruction,
Old 2012-12-22, 19:17   Link #206
GDB

Completely agreed, but maybe Bils was like, bunk buddies with Frieza or something. Oooh, maybe he trained Frieza! ...what?
Old 2012-12-22, 19:25   Link #207
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I think the reason why Freeza in particular is mentioned is because of his reputation and status. He was essentially the first planet-level buster we were introduced to and he was addressed as "lord/emperor" by his loyal subjects. He just had that royal/regal quality to him. It's as though he set the bar for being an intergalactic tyrant. Agreed on all accounts that he pales in comparison to Buu's power, but I think Toriyama/Toei are trying to place emphasis on Freeza's significance relative to his time in the story.
Old 2012-12-22, 19:28   Link #208
GDB

Though if Bils is a god, he should be old. Old enough to know of the terror of Majin Buu.

In theory.
Old 2012-12-22, 22:00   Link #209
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Welp, it looks as though SS3 Goku is SOL and JWF.

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/i...m%28BoG%29.png
Old 2012-12-22, 22:29   Link #210
GDB

Sure seems that way. Definitely gotta be a Gogeta end, then.
Old 2012-12-23, 00:35   Link #211
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^Either that or another Genki Dama end. Let's hope it's not the latter. It's been overused in the films and is quite frankly lame.
Old 2012-12-23, 04:56   Link #212
Blaat

Quote:
Yeah, we really don't have any way to measure it. However, considering they were, at best, able to make Android 18 stumble (but ultimately weren't a match for her), that makes their Super Saiyan forms a bit stronger than early Android saga Vegeta, Future Trunks, and Goku.
This doesn't match up Android 18's 'oh shit' face after SSJ Trunk fired a ki attack at her, I think the kids SSJ forms is considerably stronger than their parents SSJ form during the Android saga.

Speaking of 18 apparently Toriyama gave her a purple hair colour, at this point I think this explains Gohan's SSJ form: he has forgotten about his mystic form.

Last edited by Blaat; 2012-12-23 at 05:20.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 05:57   Link #213
sky black swordman

Quote:
This pretty much sums up my thoughts. And Android 18 wasn't fully exerting herself either. Now if we're talking about Base Goten after having trained in the hyperbolic time chamber, things change considerably.
Mine as well, also you need take in to their inexperiance and their carelessness.
As well as arrogance they sometimes display, Kid Trunks's has displayed some arrogance. But when think about who is his dad is then, it is not surprising.
Old 2012-12-23, 06:39   Link #214
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Frieza by this time in the show is nothing more than a mere mook. Goten and Trunks in their base form could beat Frieza in his 100% full power form.
Dunno, they were shown struggling against Abo and Kado (who were supposedly on Frieza's level) in the Jump Tour special.

Now I'm confused. The trailer showed post-Mystic Gohan with the closed eyes design, but this latest image shows pre-Mystic Gohan, presumably the version we see turning SSJ.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 06:57   Link #215
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
This doesn't match up Android 18's 'oh shit' face after SSJ Trunk fired a ki attack at her, I think the kids SSJ forms is considerably stronger than their parents SSJ form during the Android saga.
IIRC 18 goes “oh shit!” more because Trunks’ carelessly shooting ki energy that can harm the audience and the surroundings. 18 freaked out coz she knew Trunks can’t control his power good enough and might screw the tournament she will make money from. Still, it's been a long time since I read that manga chapter, so I could be wrong .

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-12-23 at 07:12.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 16:46   Link #216
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Why is Gohan shorter than Goku in that picture? He's supposed to be slightly taller than his dad.
Old 2012-12-23, 18:56   Link #217
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
^Either that or another Genki Dama end. Let's hope it's not the latter. It's been overused in the films and is quite frankly lame.
Gogeta gets my vote, and Bils strikes me as someone who could totally resist a Spirt Bomb. I say Gogeta, so we can see a STARDUST BIG BANG KAMEHAMEHA!!!

I just made that up.
Old 2012-12-23, 19:26   Link #218
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Why is Gohan shorter than Goku in that picture? He's supposed to be slightly taller than his dad.
True. Gohan was supposed to be 176cm, while Goku is 175cm. Even in the Buu saga opening, Gohan was the same or slightly taller than Goku.
Old 2012-12-23, 20:10   Link #219
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Is height that important right now?
Old 2012-12-23, 20:16   Link #220
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Completely agreed, but maybe Bils was like, bunk buddies with Frieza or something. Oooh, maybe he trained Frieza! ...what?
Or maybe because only Frieza had a reputation. Cell and the Androids' destruction were limited to Earth, and Buu was a long forgotten legend known to only a few Kais.

Frieza on the other hand was an intergalactic tyrant that terrorized galaxies with his family for centuries.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote