AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-05, 12:58   Link #61
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Having not watched any Precure, I have not notion of her voice other than Usagi, so she sounds like 1990s Usagi to me.
Old 2014-07-05, 13:02   Link #62
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Speaking of, there is this screenshot
Spoiler for image:

which cracks me up more than in should. You feeling okay there, Rei?
Can't wait for Meguca: Sailor Moon edition
It seems that this show suffers a lot if watched in low-res, but at the same time high-res can accentuate it's flaws.
But honestly, while imperfect and downright ugly in some parts, the animation quality is something I personally can live with for now. I wish they would improve it, maybe replace that ugly transformation with something beautiful for the BD, but if not, alright- as long as it doesn't get worse. It's not as bad as some make it out to be...
I'm just really hoping that the other VA's will perform better than those in ep 1. That's all I ask.
Hahahaa wdf happened to her face someone really didn't like her at all on that day
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 13:40   Link #63
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Highly enjoyable. Nice animation and a solid story. It is what it is, and it's a good version of what it is. But I have to say that Usagi did indeed sound to me like the 40-year-old version of the 14-year-old. I apologize to fans: I didn't follow the original, so I have no nostalgia/loyalty here. I'd probably have preferred them to go entirely with new seiyuus.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 14:28   Link #64
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Anyone else besides me wince when usa fell down the stairs?
Old 2014-07-05, 14:30   Link #65
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
Anyone else besides me wince when usa fell down the stairs?
It felt like someone heard my prayer she would shut up and said "look, I'm sorry, let me throw her down the stairs and get you a new main character that doesn't sound so awful". I winced when she got back up.
KuronaFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 14:48   Link #66
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldurkai View Post
Hahahaa wdf happened to her face someone really didn't like her at all on that day
Oh come on, that's an in-between frame that is on-screen for what, 1/12 of a second? I mean I'll admit that this episode's animation was lackluster, but could we not criticize the one sequence that looked genuinely impressive? Because in motion that part of the opening looked fantastic.
Old 2014-07-05, 14:51   Link #67
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

It's pretty stupid to judge an animated sequence with a screenshot. If she was conversing with her face like this. Ok, it'd be a problem. Like it was in Saint Seiya Omega when it was a lot worse than that.
But it's not the case here.
Old 2014-07-05, 14:51   Link #68
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
but could we not criticize the one sequence that looked genuinely impressive?
Jupiters scene has like 4 frames max in that action montage. ;p
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 14:54   Link #69
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Oh come on, that's an in-between frame that is on-screen for what, 1/12 of a second? I mean I'll admit that this episode's animation was lackluster, but could we not criticize the one sequence that looked genuinely impressive? Because in motion that part of the opening looked fantastic.
It is really hard to think "boy, those 5 seconds from the opening looked incredible and make up for a full episode of generally bad animation" for most people. It is much easier to say "even the animation has a couple of awful shots in it". Which is true!

I would've liked the opening animation a lot more if the song was actually good or catchy, but it didn't really feel that great.
Old 2014-07-05, 14:58   Link #70
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Quote:
Well i was not criticising that one image I just found it funny.

No need to be so defensive... And that really was the one animation that was ok.. At best
Old 2014-07-05, 15:00   Link #71
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

@Arlia& Vegard Aune: let's not take everything we read too seriously for no reason, alright? There's no need to be rude or read things into a post that aren't there.
I'm the one who posted it, and I did because it made me laugh. That is all. If you read my previous posts, I note several times that the opening sequence is my favourite 1m30 of the entire anime so far.
I read Baldurkai's response as a lighthearted/joking comment. It's obvious that it's an in-between frame and there was no actual criticism there.
Old 2014-07-05, 15:04   Link #72
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Gosh, nostalgia. I felt like I was in high school again.

Pretty enjoyable. My main complaint is Usagi looks 18 when she's suppose to be 13 but I can live with that. Didn't really care for the CGI in the transformation scene since we're gonna see it every episode but I did get goose bumps when she transformed.

Interesting to see how close to the manga this is and how much of the manga they animate. Looking forward to seeing Mercury.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 15:04   Link #73
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

I don't care about being rude. I read far too often comments criticizing an anime using only a frame from a high-paced animated sequence.
I understood that it was for the fun here. No problem. But hey, there's some people that will take it like "Sailor moon even shitier than it was during the 90's" without watching the sequence. So I'm willing to be the boring guy adding his comment about it.
It's annoying, I know
Old 2014-07-05, 15:16   Link #74
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
I don't care about being rude. I read far too often comments criticizing an anime using only a frame from a high-paced animated sequence.
I understood that it was for the fun here. No problem. But hey, there's some people that will take it like "Sailor moon even shitier than it was during the 90's" without watching the sequence. So I'm willing to be the boring guy adding his comment about it.
It's annoying, I know
Pretty sure if anyone was going to form that opinion they would form it from the numerous negative points and reviews thorough this thread and not from one screencap.
Old 2014-07-05, 15:21   Link #75
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

If only that was the truth. Some blogger aren't this kind... and some of them are influential thanks to their handling of social networks. ( In fact I passed the non-return point of being annoyed by people not thinking by themselves to only say : Isn't this series shitty ? I saw a picture and a bad review on this blog ).

I know it's only a minority. No need to take the case to a whole page of the topic.
Old 2014-07-05, 15:21   Link #76
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuronaFanboy View Post
they would form it from the numerous negative points and reviews thorough this thread and not from one screencap.
Who does that? You form your opinion by watching for yourself. Who cares what everyone else is saying?

Personally, I enjoyed the episode quite a lot. I realize everything could go down hill pretty hard from here on as Toei can be pretty inconsistent, but no need to worry about that right now.
Old 2014-07-05, 15:33   Link #77
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Who does that? You form your opinion by watching for yourself. Who cares what everyone else is saying?
A lot of people do. That's why there's an entire industry based on reviewing games, movies, books and TV shows on websites, magazines and in the newspaper.
Old 2014-07-05, 15:34   Link #78
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Overall, the first episode is okay. The animation isn't terrible as some make it to be; it's not among the better ones out there but I don't mind it enough to not continue watching.

The male voice casts are decent but I just can't stand the female voice casts. I'm not saying the female voice casts are bad but I guess my personal preferences have changed. I don't remember those high-pitched female voices to be as annoying as they are now to me. I guess maybe because I'm older now and my preference has changed (or after having heard voices like Nike from "The World is Still Beautiful", I can't stand these other trilly voices). However, I have to agree that Usagi's voice is the worse of all - she sounds too strained and forced. They should have chosen a younger seiyuu to play Usagi, since it's very difficult for a 40-year adult to voice such a young character. I would have preferred Luna's seiyuu to play Usagi's voice.

In all honesty, I can't really say whether I truly like or dislike this new version of SM, since I'm watching this same story through different, older eyes. So maybe if I see this new version at the age I was 20 years ago, I may fall in love with it again, but as it is now (and me 20-years older), I am not loving it as much as I remember loving it as a child. However, having said that I'll continue to watch just for nostalgia's sake. Although, I have to admit that I am still drawn in by the scenes of their past on the Moon Kingdom - always liked that part the most.

But, wow, has it really been 20 years already? I remember first seeing the same scenes when I was just a wee little kid...and now I'm watching it again...20 years later. Yeah, how time flies.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 15:37   Link #79
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
If only that was the truth. Some blogger aren't this kind... and some of them are influential thanks to their handling of social networks. ( In fact I passed the non-return point of being annoyed by people not thinking by themselves to only say : Isn't this series shitty ? I saw a picture and a bad review on this blog ).

I know it's only a minority. No need to take the case to a whole page of the topic.
I hope you're not refereeing to me with any of your accusations, opinions are opinions and I only commented on that, that particular frame looked like someone disliked her when that was animated....

Anyway the episode was ok nothing special but a two week wait for the next episode I hope they improve the animations drastically.
Old 2014-07-05, 15:40   Link #80
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldurkai View Post
I hope you're not refereeing to me with any of your accusations, opinions are opinions and I only commented on that, that particular frame looked like someone disliked her when that was animated....

Anyway the episode was ok nothing special but a two week wait for the next episode I hope they improve the animations drastically.
One can hope because otherwise there is absolutely no justification for taking two weeks to churn out such mediocre, or at best below average, quality, when other animes produce much better quality within the span of a week.

I've seen fan-animes produced on no budget and in spare time with better overall quality, and that's kind of sad.

Tags
mahou shoujo, remake, sailor moon