AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-03-22, 11:10   Link #4561
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, I definitely don't see it going away entirely by any means. (If anything, the success of light novels shows that eroge writers and artists are still very much in demand, no matter how "derivative" some people think the stories have become.)

But, the old way of marketing it has probably had its day unless you're a powerhouse. When Sayori and team can raise a million dollars to self-produce an OVA based on their short quasi-self-published game series, the whole market is going to turn their heads. They generally haven't seen that sort of market demand in a decade or more. The fact they're also successfully tapping into an international audience (and thus growing beyond the shrinking Japanese market) is also going to be a huge appeal. Of course, it's not like all the inevitable copy-cats will be successful either -- I know Frontwing really had it in their heads that Corona;Blossom was following the same formula, but were hugely disappointed when it flopped. Probably Grisaia:PT will be more successful since it's in an existing popular franchise.

Anyway, the next years should be interesting. Hopefully they don't flood the market so badly that the bubble bursts completely, but it almost seems inevitable. We'll see.
Fixed it for you there, the bolded parts.

Other than that I don't mind the multiple volume releases so long it remains on PC and not cut too short like <2 hours or only 2-10 hours of duration per length :| If splitting volumes means each volume is only gonna contain so little content, makes me wonder would it still be as appealing or not.

LNs and manga being that short is okay for that particular medium but I don't see something multi-part being that short as attractive to get.
Old 2017-03-22, 21:25   Link #4562
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, I definitely don't see it going away entirely by any means. (If anything, the success of light novels shows that eroge writers and artists are still very much in demand, no matter how "derivative" some people think the stories have become.)

But, the old way of marketing it has probably had its day unless you're a powerhouse. When Sayori and team can raise a million dollars to self-produce an OVA based on their short quasi-self-published game series, the whole market is going to turn their heads. They generally haven't seen that sort of market demand in a decade or more. The fact they're also successfully tapping into an international audience (and thus growing beyond the shrinking Japanese market) is also going to be a huge appeal. Of course, it's not like all the inevitable copy-cats will be successful either -- I know Frontwing really had it in their heads that Corona;Blossom was following the same formula, but were hugely disappointed when it flopped. Probably Grisaia:PB will be more successful since it's in an existing popular franchise.

Anyway, the next years should be interesting. Hopefully they don't flood the market so badly that the bubble bursts completely, but it almost seems inevitable. We'll see.

Dies's anime and KS is done this year....will be the prime example for this period for a major eroge maker going in a different direction. Fanaticism for them aside I'll be following closely also since success or failure will definitely impact how Light does their future overseas investments and set an example for others.

As for flood to bursting...well I think LNs have already gone that direction but there's simply no coherent alternative (short of Kadokawa deciding to dissolve all the bunkos under them to establish some monolith publisher) to remerge the pieces so everyone kind of just deals with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post

Other than that I don't mind the multiple volume releases so long it remains on PC and not cut too short like <2 hours or only 2-10 hours of duration per length :| If splitting volumes means each volume is only gonna contain so little content, makes me wonder would it still be as appealing or not.

LNs and manga being that short is okay for that particular medium but I don't see something multi-part being that short as attractive to get.
PC is really dead as a gaming platform in JP though and well consoles do have their benefit. For one, it's easier to deal with a damaged console than a damaged PC and if your PC dies, your games still remain safe.
Old 2017-03-23, 12:21   Link #4563
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:

That depends on the audiences.

Looking at other games, that telling stories in VN-like format, Japanese audiences still favor full releases above multiple volume releases because better experience and 'complete' feeling. If the target is Japanese audiences, I don't see a multiple volume releases will triumph good enough to stand above complete releases.

I don't know what about international audiences. Nekopara may succeed but what happened to Corona Blossoms tell something else.
I can only say Frontwing kinda underestimating international market, or maybe not doing proper research before jumping into, given how the amount of VN (mainly that's not made-in-Japan) in international market dramatically increases since Nekopara succeed catering their audiences-- and they did what Nekopara did not, a complete, single releases.

IMO. Nekopara can stay scoring high on international market with that multiple volumes releases is simply because privilege being the first. Frontwing should stop using their success as example.

Regarding Phantom Trigger, I heard the reception is kinda mixed; I won't put myself on high hopes after Meikyuu and Rakuen leave bitter taste for me.
Old 2017-04-12, 01:09   Link #4564
n0m@n
C-Z

So we will be getting more info and official site for the Beat's 3rd series (after Escalayer and Haruka) from alicesoft on the 20th of this month. The name of the 3rd series which had been rumored for so long is Choukoushinki Exseal (超昂神騎エクシール). Hopefully we get them by Q3 this year.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2017-04-12 at 01:30.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 09:12   Link #4565
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW, is Yuzusoft still surviving?
Old 2017-04-12, 09:35   Link #4566
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

They are still alive and kicking
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 21:50   Link #4567
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
BTW, is Yuzusoft still surviving?
No news on them so I guess they are good.

Hopefully we won't see any of such news as long as possible.
Old 2017-04-19, 23:32   Link #4568
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

http://palette.clearrave.co.jp/product/kokoiro/

Anyone going to play this?
Old 2017-04-22, 11:08   Link #4569
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Yes, I will. Why? I see an imouto.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 11:27   Link #4570
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Art is good...more importantly, it seems like a major work on their part.
Old 2017-04-23, 16:21   Link #4571
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Yes, I will. Why? I see an imouto.
Pre-ordered already.

Quote:
Art is good...more importantly, it seems like a major work on their part.
Nope it isn't. Judging by the price, it's only a single heroine route.

Some weird thing I just noticed. Eufonie hasn't been producing many VNs but they are hiring. I wonder where they get the money from.
Old 2017-04-23, 18:38   Link #4572
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Pre-ordered already.

Some weird thing I just noticed. Eufonie hasn't been producing many VNs but they are hiring. I wonder where they get the money from.
THerefore, I need to wait for the imouto route then....

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 21:05   Link #4573
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Pre-ordered already.

I mean they do intend to make continuations so....You still have to put in some proper effort if you want to make a long story
Old 2017-06-06, 15:13   Link #4574
zeross87

sorry if it's not the correct thread for this, but humble bundle is having a sekai project bundle for those interested.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 12:03   Link #4575
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

http://blog.livedoor.jp/twode_perf/a.../70970955.html

Okay I don't know how true is this but

Applique and 暁Works might die this year due to some financial problems.

If this article is true. It looks like the industry isn't doing too well and we might get more companies dying.
Old 2017-07-02, 15:26   Link #4576
InfinityDragonGod

Yuzusoft games Dracu Riot and Senren Banka are officially licensed by Sekai Project.
I'm so happy that YuzuSoft is getting more attention. Hoping for more of their games to be localized as well.
Old 2017-07-02, 18:38   Link #4577
IceHism

damekoi licensed by mg
evenicle licensed by mg
subahibi licensed by frontwing with announcement tomorrow
baldr sky dive1+ dive2 mid 2018 release.

Seems good.

hopefully mg finishes up sona-nyl though...
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-05, 19:21   Link #4578
kanoguti

Just finished ニュートンと林檎の樹 and it was fantastic. First visual novel that wasn't a total slog. Feels like the developers were trying their hardest to make a fun game, instead of a "deep" one.

Last edited by kanoguti; 2017-07-08 at 18:16.
kanoguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 10:50   Link #4579
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanoguti View Post
Just finished ニュートンと林檎の樹 and it was fantastic. First visual novel that wasn't a total slog. Feels like the developers were trying their hardest to make a fun game, instead of a "deep" one.
Yea I like that too. ナイチチ was a pretty interesting character.
Old 2017-07-17, 16:15   Link #4580
kanoguti

Quote:
Yea I like that too. ナイチチ was a pretty interesting character.
All the characters we're great, in my opinion. The route that caught me off guard the most was Haru's. It was actually charming and funny.

So I started playing this game called サツコイ~悠久なる恋の歌~. It's so fucking shitty. I think it's by the same people who made Flyable heart but I'm not really sure. Similar to flyable heart it has garbo characters. I'm like an hour or two into the game and he's kissing this one girl who is a hikkikomori and it's so fucking awkward.
These VNs need to stop going from lighthearted fun to """""""""sexy"""""""""" kissing scenes where you're macking on some girl and it sounds like she's choking on the microphone.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel