AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2018-02-07, 09:58   Link #2501
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The Uryuu questions were not confirmed, but it was heavily implied that Antithesis somehow made him immune to the All Mighty abilities, including Auswahlen and future sight.

A lot of of the other questions have been answered in the post-series novels:

--The Soul King is actually a prisoner of Soul Society's "Nobel Families" and it's them that the Royal Guard actually answers to.
--The Soul King's limbs are removed as part of the ritual to make him the linchpin.
--Aizen's anger towards Soul Society stems from him knowing the truth about the Soul King and the Nobel Families.
--Halibel was rescue after Yhwach defeat and she's still the leader of the remaining Arrancar who currently have a truce with the Shinigami.
--Lille is still technically alive, as the bunch of birds he turned into. Some where killed, but a some managed to get away.
--The Royal Guard were actually killed after Yhwach revived the Schutzstaffel, but as long as the Royal Palace continues to exist the RG can be brought back to life, so Ichibee revived them after the battle.
--The soul tickets, and by extension the whole "Ichigo probably won't be able to come back" plotline, was Kyoraku's and Ichibee's "contingency plan" in case the Soul King was killed. They were going to force Ichigo into becoming the new Soul King (limp amputation ritual and all), but after the battle they realized that they could just use Yhwach remains as the new linchpin so there was no need to kidnap Ichigo.

As for Hisagi's training and Ginjo's backstory, it still being addressed in the in the Can't Fear Your Own World novel, which is about half way through.
Fucking shit, Aizen was right. Oh, thank for the answers, I wait for someone with knowledge of the novels to answer.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 21:16   Link #2502
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Those answers make Soul Society sound even more shady and sinister than it did the series. It was always implied that there were seedier things going on there, but I wasn't expecting that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Fucking shit, Aizen was right. Oh, thank for the answers, I wait for someone with knowledge of the novels to answer.
Before returning to Hueco Mundo, Halibel saw some of preparation to turn Yhwach's body into the new Soul King. She describe it as "disgusting" and comments that she now understands why Aizen (whom she hates for betraying them) hated Soul Society so much.

Also, the Royal Guard, probably under order from the Nobel Families, has covered most of what happened during the last portion of the war. According to official records, edited by them, Yhwach and his forces were stopped and defeated before they could reach the Soul King.

In the novel "We Do Knot Always Love You" it is revealed that, after being attack first by Aizen and then by Yhwach throughout he series, the few survivors in Central 46 have pretty much all retired, leaving younger and more progressive people to takeover, and they are working with Kyoraku to make things better for everyone.

However, we don't know how much influence the Nobel Families still have because "Can't Fear Your Own World", which the novel that focuses more of the families and is set before the other one, is still ongoing.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 22:55   Link #2503
Robotech Master

Its frustrating trying to track down all of the character endings because none of the novel stuff gets added to the wiki.

I think it was explained regarding the living Fullbringers that they all got jobs, and the video game kid got work at his dad's company or something.

And I think Komamura was still alive as a dog wandering the outskirts IIRC.

There were also vague fates for two of the Stern Ritter, I think Meninas and Candace, who were both knocked out but never killed off, and I don't think got any follow up on.

I saw a picture of one of the Nobel Family guys from artwork that was supposed to be from the Hisagi novel and the dude looked like evil incarnate.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 23:49   Link #2504
Galaxian

About the Fullbringers, Yukio took over his parents company and, true to his word, gave jobs to Riruka and Jackie. Riruka becomes a fashion designer while Jackie does charity work with Yukio's company in Africa.

Komamura is officially listed as Killed In Action during the war, but in actuality lives as a wolf in the mountains. During WDKAL, Komamura seeks Iba out and puts him charge of a pair of cubs from his clan that want to become shinigami. In a nice bit, it turns out that the cubs can understand both humans and animals, so they serve as translators so that Komamura and Iba can have one last conversation.

Spoiler for Illustration:

Because the Gotei 13 lost so many people in the war, Kyoraku makes Yoruichi chose either become a Captain again or help out at the academy, she choses the latter.

Urahara survived, but for some unexplained reason he stays away from Soul Society.

A lot of the Quincy actually survived and Mayuri even revived some of the ones who died.

The bad guy in CFYOW, and one of the members from the Nobel Families, is Tokinada Tsunayashiro and he was husband of Tousen's friend who killed his wife and was never punished for it due to his noble status.

Spoiler for Tokinada Tsunayashiro:
Old 2018-02-08, 05:41   Link #2505
alex_drian

Quote:

A lot of the Quincy actually survived and Mayuri even revived some of the ones who died.
Who and why?
Old 2018-02-08, 17:53   Link #2506
Galaxian

Quote:
Who and why?
A lot of the girls like Liltotto and some of the Quincy left in Hueco Mundo survived. Apparently, before going to fight Uryuu, Haschwalth ordered his servants to rescue any Quincy that may still be alive. Though it's never explained how they could have survived the final Auswählen.

Candice was revived by Mayuri and was force to go try to capture Ginjo for some unknown reason.
Old 2018-02-08, 23:34   Link #2507
alex_drian

Quote:
A lot of the girls like Liltotto and some of the Quincy left in Hueco Mundo survived. Apparently, before going to fight Uryuu, Haschwalth ordered his servants to rescue any Quincy that may still be alive. Though it's never explained how they could have survived the final Auswählen.

Candice was revived by Mayuri and was force to go try to capture Ginjo for some unknown reason.
Well, I glad that Lilotto is fine. Ginjo is alive?
Old 2018-02-09, 02:49   Link #2508
Robotech Master

Quote:
Well, I glad that Lilotto is fine. Ginjo is alive?
Well, he's dead, but he's a spirit being in Soul Society like the Shinigami, just like Tsukishima, as we saw near the very end of the manga. I guess maybe Ginjo is still wanted for his old crimes against SS and he is on the run? Or maybe its just Mayuri being a dick.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-09, 23:00   Link #2509
Galaxian

So the latest section of the novel released confirms that Orihime is a Fullbringer.

Earlier in the novel it was confirm that she can in fact bring people back from the death, but there are some limitations. She can't do it if the person has been dead for too long, the soul has been destroyed, or there is trace of the physical body left.
Old 2018-09-14, 20:56   Link #2510
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

are episode 64-109 necessary to watch as those are filler arcs?
Old 2018-09-15, 19:25   Link #2511
RDNexus

Has anyone here watched the live-action movie? I just did.
If yes, what are your opinions on the matter?

Of course, if I can't talk about it here, then I'm sorry.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 19:42   Link #2512
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think the liveaction should be given its own section. Guess I'll wait and watch it since it's on Netflix
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 10:01   Link #2513
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
are episode 64-109 necessary to watch as those are filler arcs?
I deeply enjoyed those filler episodes.. I was upset when I found out they weren't cannon. It is one of those arcs when the animation crew has enough time to make a polished product; reminds me of the early days of Shippūden fillers with Sora and Chiriku or later with Guren and her backstory.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 19:58   Link #2514
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

so I have finally finished the anime (minus the filler arcs) and read the remaining chapters in the manga. Question regarding the ending of the manga.

Was Kubo under like strict guidelines to finish the manga, because the ending felt a little rushed. Never followed up on this series in real time so not sure if something happened.
Old 2018-11-26, 12:39   Link #2515
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

I think is was a combination of plain burnout on Kubo's part and unrealistic expectations from the serialization bigwigs. That's my take.
Officially, there are no reasons, just speculation. And, yes, it's a near unanimous consensus that the manga's final arc was rushed.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-26, 17:01   Link #2516
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Ok thank you, just wanted to make sure that was the consensus and that I didn't miss reading something important.

Tags
q&a