AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 02:40   Link #21401
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Another great color by AR-UA...
Spoiler:
The Queen of Evil in full color, nice.

I also concur that the group won't be able to defeat Gyokuro by themselves. She's a master vampire who makes Akuha look like nothing. And as Chris38 already said, she wasn't serious with her first attack. Notice she still has her limiter on (the cross in her hair). Should that ever come off, the group would be dead, let alone defeated. That's why I believe it'll be either Mikogami or Fuhai who defeats her, because only the two of them could face her on equal terms. The others, forget about it, they'll be trolled like nobody's business. Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 03:41   Link #21402
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
The Queen of Evil in full color, nice.

I also concur that the group won't be able to defeat Gyokuro by themselves. She's a master vampire who makes Akuha look like nothing. And as Chris38 already said, she wasn't serious with her first attack. Notice she still has her limiter on (the cross in her hair). Should that ever come off, the group would be dead, let alone defeated. That's why I believe it'll be either Mikogami or Fuhai who defeats her, because only the two of them could face her on equal terms. The others, forget about it, they'll be trolled like nobody's business. Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter.
Yep, and since Alucard is even stronger then Gyokuro - after all, she wouldn't try to awaken him, if she was capable of destroying the human world on her own - it means that Tsukune and the rest of the group would be killed by him as well (most likely in even less time then it would take a serious Gyokuro to defeat them.)

Which is the reason why I don't believe that Alucard won't fully awaken in the current arc, since unlike in the flashback to Moka's childhood, Akasha isn't around anymore, and even if she manages to separate herself from Alucard, I believe that she would be too weak to deal with Alucard, after spending six years inside his body.

In other words, while Tsukune has gotten a little stronger, he is generally still a small fry compared to Gyokuro, Alucard and maybe even Miyabi - after all we can't forget that he is plotting something in the shadows, along with Hokuto and Kiria, and I'm even suspecting that those three might become the final antagonists of the R+V manga.

Simply saying that, it might be possible that Gyokuro isn't going to be taken down by Tohou Fuhai and Mikogami, but rather Miyabi when he reveals his true colors.

Speaking about Mikogami, I think he might have some future telling ability, which activates under some specific conditions, since do remember his talk with Ruby, when he said that the time has finally come, and how frightening Fate is, along with the fact that he seemed to know that Fairy Take is one the move.

In other words, I believe that the Headmaster might have already known about what happened in the Wong family mansion, as well as the events of the current arc, and most likely couldn't do anything to prevent it, (in other words, t6hat Moka's and Akua's reunion was bound to happen sooner or later, along with Moka learning about what has actually happened to her mother) because, it will set Moka's and Tsukune's destiny (that Jack Frost's prophecy talks about) into motion.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 09:44   Link #21403
Tachibana
タチバナ

Let's not jump to conclusions yet on how truly strong the antagonists are. Tsukune's power is definitely but slightly above Akua's since Touhou already knew how strong he would have to make him to defeat Akua, but i won't be surprised if she has a trump card in the event that her Jigen-Tou is countered, which it will happen. Right now i will definitely say that Tsukune's power is slightly above Akua's and as for Gyokuro, Alucard and Miyabi we will get to that later.
Old 2011-12-11, 10:32   Link #21404
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I don't think Akuha has a 'trump card' persay, in the event that she can't use the Jigentou. What she does have over Tsukune is a genuine willingness to kill him and a wealth of combat experience to back it up. She did manage to infiltrate the lair of a known Dark Lord, walk away relatively unscathed AND she also got what she wanted - all while pissing Todou Fuhai off too.

I really don't see Tsukune lvling up so fast as to have reached or even surpassed Akuha in terms of power - I'll have to see it to believe it. Maybe Toudou Fuhai pulled it off and Tsukune really did reach that lvl - I dunno...
Old 2011-12-11, 11:46   Link #21405
Chris38

Naturally, you are entitled to you're own opinion, but to me it would be pretty disappointing, after all the focus on Tsukune's training, to be able to have a chance of fighting against Akua (after all, it has been the primary reason why Tsukune underwent the human modification ritual in the first place).

The reason why I think that Tsukune is going to have a slight advantage in terms of power against Akua is precisely because she has an advantage in terms of experience compared to Tsukune, and like you said Tempest, will most likely try to seriously kill Tsukune.

As for you're comment about Tsukune leveling up too fast Tempest, I think that should be expected after Tsukune underwent the human modification ritual, which to me has been a shortcut, which accelerated Tsukune's natural development (I mean the changes that Tsukune started undergoing after he obtained Moka's vampire blood)

In other words, I think that Tsukune could still reach that level (in terms of both his vampire abilities as well as learning youjutsu techniques) , provided he was given enough time (in my opinion, about 5 to 6 years), but since he obviously didn't have such a huge amount of time, Tsukune has taken a shorter more dangerous route, in the form of undergoing the human modification ritual, that is most likely, going to have some negative side effects which are going to be revealed in the future arcs (at least that's the usual pattern in shounen manga's)
Old 2011-12-11, 12:54   Link #21406
Tachibana
タチバナ

I guess we will have to wait and see. Seeing would be best to give us more insight on the characters and their strength's, but i will say this, Tsukune should not be underestimated.
Old 2011-12-11, 13:00   Link #21407
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
In other words, I think that Tsukune could still reach that level (in terms of both his vampire abilities as well as learning youjutsu techniques) , provided he was given enough time (in my opinion, about 5 to 6 years), but since he obviously didn't have such a huge amount of time, Tsukune has taken a shorter more dangerous route, in the form of undergoing the human modification ritual, that is most likely, going to have some negative side effects which are going to be revealed in the future arcs (at least that's the usual pattern in shounen manga's)
I don't think so. Tsukune's body was hardly accustomed to the Shinso blood in his body and it was slowly corrupting him and would've eventually turned into a Ghoul. He nearly transformed into one during the ritual itself, so I can only imagine that he would've turned into one without a way to turn him back if it wasn't for the ritual. The whole reason why the modification took place was to make Tsukune's body better used to the Shinso blood and able to use its powers adequately. It's not something he could've learned, no matter how much time it took him to try.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 13:41   Link #21408
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
I don't think so. Tsukune's body was hardly accustomed to the Shinso blood in his body and it was slowly corrupting him and would've eventually turned into a Ghoul. He nearly transformed into one during the ritual itself, so I can only imagine that he would've turned into one without a way to turn him back if it wasn't for the ritual. The whole reason why the modification took place was to make Tsukune's body better used to the Shinso blood and able to use its powers adequately. It's not something he could've learned, no matter how much time it took him to try.
Yeah, I guess I went a little overboard there, but my previous speculation on the ritual having some negative effects still stands, since we still don't know what kind of effects the ritual had on Tsukune's body, besides making his body more compatible with his Shinso blood and allowing Tsukune to use youjutsu techniques, since obviously the ritual didn't go as Tohou Fuhai intended.

After all, I doubt this is the end of the developments related to Tsukune's transformation.
Old 2011-12-11, 13:51   Link #21409
EvI

Quote:
Yeah, I guess I went a little overboard there, but my previous speculation on the ritual having some negative effects still stands, since we still don't know what kind of effects the ritual had on Tsukune's body, besides making his body more compatible with his Shinso blood and allowing Tsukune to use youjutsu techniques, since obviously the ritual didn't go as Tohou Fuhai intended.

After all, I doubt this is the end of the developments related to Tsukune's transformation.
yeah but i think that in future arcs he will be able to use his shinso blood without worries
i think this manga will not end until tsukune become a vampire,
he is not even a human anymore(technically) i think?
, wow just imagine, 200 years from now on moka will be a beautiful adult vampire while tsukune is dead UAUHAHUUHAHUA
i would laugh at this kind of ending so to prevent this kind of thing to happen tsukune will have to learn lot of things,so let's enjoy his growth to the fullest
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 14:35   Link #21410
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
yeah but i think that in future arcs he will be able to use his shinso blood without worries
i think this manga will not end until tsukune become a vampire,
he is not even a human anymore(technically) i think?
, wow just imagine, 200 years from now on moka will be a beautiful adult vampire while tsukune is dead UAUHAHUUHAHUA
i would laugh at this kind of ending so to prevent this kind of thing to happen tsukune will have to learn lot of things,so let's enjoy his growth to the fullest
I don't think that Tsukune is going to become an actual vampire, since if that would happen he would lose all the uniqueness he currently has...

After all, he's the only human (since, in my opinion he is still partially human, due to the fact that Tsukune still is immune to most vampire weaknesses).

Basically, if Tsukune would become a vampire (in other words, a complete monster), he wouldn't be any different then the other ayashi, and wouldn't be someone who can become a symbol that coexistence between ayashi and humans is possible (which is one of the major plot points in this series)

Simply saying I believe that Tsukune is going to keep the ambiguity of belonging to the human or ayashi world that he currently has, which would most likely become a symbol that coexistence between ayashi and humans is a possibility.

Naturally that doesn't mean he won't obtain most of the traits that vampires have, including their lifespan (if he hasn't already obtained them), but even at the end of his transformation, I think that there will be still differences between Tsukune and an actual naturally born vampire like Moka, that will prevent Tsukune from being considered the same being as an naturally born vampire, even if there will be a lot of similarities between them.
Old 2011-12-11, 17:06   Link #21411
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Why didn't it go as he intended? There was trouble at first because he thought Tsukune was having trouble and couldn't take the full transformation. As a result, he almost turned into a Ghoul. But once the 109th needle was inserted, the ritual was complete and Tsukune, so far, has been able to use Youjutsu quite well. We haven't seen him in action long enough to see if there are any ill effects of the complete ritual yet. We saw the effects of the incomplete ones instead.

Also, I think the story will be just as interesting if not more interesting if Tsukune fully turns into a Vampire, and I honestly see that happening considering Tsukune clearly stated that he would turn into a Vampire for Moka. I say this because Tsukune would still remain unique among the ayashi because he was originally human and raised by human parents. I'm also pretty sure that a lot of Vampires and Ayashi will find Tsukune quite the controversial figure because of it, and the Vampires' pride will make them somewhat uncomfortable with such a powerful Vampire, who carries the blood of the original Vampire, who was born a human running around.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:46   Link #21412
Tachibana
タチバナ

Tsukune will probably break boundaries between humans and ayashi that would have never thought possible to allow for a better coexistence between both species, even if Tsukune becomes a vampire, though not pure blooded, thats just fine, because in the end it won't be "what" you are that matters, but it will be "who" you are that counts.

Humans and ayashi don't look at eachothers hearts, but will only judge eachother because of their physical appearance, thats not right, and thats why there needs to be someone who and break those boundaries which is Tsukune's role, he has proved from time to time that both species has the potential to live beside one another. Tsukune's evolution from human to demon will break those boundaries.
Old 2011-12-11, 22:03   Link #21413
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It will be something similar to what Sensui said to Yusuke in Yu Yu Hakushou: He became a demon while wearing his human form and then after his body shifted to his demon form, he still retained his humanity. It fits Tsukune to a 'T': Becoming a vampire/ghoul while a human and now, he'll have to work on retaining his humanity while in the throes of his power.
Old 2011-12-12, 00:29   Link #21414
Chris38

I'm just saying that, if there wouldn't be any evidence pointing out the fact that Tsukune wasn't born as a vampire, he wouldn't be capable of changing how the ayashi look on humans. I mean there is still the testimonies of the girls that are in Tsukune's harem, but after seeing what the general populace of ayashi is like, do you really think that they would be able to convince anyone if there wouldn't be any evidence to back them up and in my opinion all of that evidence would be lost if Tsukune completely changes into a Shinso vampire.

Fortunately, I don't believe that the option of Tsukune becoming an ordinary Shinso vampire is valid anymore.

The reason why I think that, is due to Tohou Fuhai's comparing Tsukune to Alucard, during Tsukune's latest rampage incident - after all, while Alucard has been initially an ordinary Shinso vampire, I doubt that you can consider him as something like that anymore - basically, due to absorbing so many different ayashi, something has changed within Alucard and he can't be considered as an Shinso vampire anymore.

I think the same can be said about Tsukune, after all Moka and Akasha aren't compared to Alucard, even though they also posses the blood of a Shinso vampire, so something within Tsukune has changed compared to them, which caused Tohou Fuhai to compare Tsukune with Alucard, and even though the ritual has been completed those changes are still present within Tsukune's body, meaning that, in my opinion, Tsukune's development has taken a different path compared to Moka or Akasha who became "ordinary" Shinso vampires after they have obtained the blood of a Shinso vampire.
Old 2011-12-12, 02:18   Link #21415
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Or a better way to put Alucard- no matter what species he started out as, the yoki of other youkai present within his body caused him to go into a berserker state, and thus we have our alien-snake-dragon thingy... Tsukune goes berserk due to the vampire blood within him overpowering his own human blood (though this should hopefully no longer be the case...), and thus why Fuhai makes the similarity

Keep in mind that with Moka and Akasha, even if it is Shinso blood, it's still the blood of a vampire, not some foreign youkai.

And on a side note, I'm severely missing Inner right about now... (and it's still well over half a month till the next chapter. Makes me wonder how Ikeda's wrapping up Fong Fong and Yukari's current situation)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 07:14   Link #21416
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Or a better way to put Alucard- no matter what species he started out as, the yoki of other youkai present within his body caused him to go into a berserker state, and thus we have our alien-snake-dragon thingy... Tsukune goes berserk due to the vampire blood within him overpowering his own human blood (though this should hopefully no longer be the case...), and thus why Fuhai makes the similarity

Keep in mind that with Moka and Akasha, even if it is Shinso blood, it's still the blood of a vampire, not some foreign youkai.

And on a side note, I'm severely missing Inner right about now... (and it's still well over half a month till the next chapter. Makes me wonder how Ikeda's wrapping up Fong Fong and Yukari's current situation)
True that's one of the possible interpretations on why Tsukune has been compared to Alucard , but you seemed to forget that in Tsukune's case, before Tohou Fuhai compared him to Alucard, he mentioned that abnormal changes are occurring inside Tsukune's body.

Simply put, unlike Moka and Akasha, the Shinso blood in Tsukune's body is a foreign substance for his body (or rather has been), which in my opinion is the reason why Tsukune's development is going to take a different route then Moka or Akasha, who's bodies have already been compatible with their Shinso blood, since they where born as vampires, while in Tsukune's case he was born as a human, and is most likely the first human who managed to survive through multiple injections of the blood of a Shinso vampire and we simply don't have enough info to know what kind of changes Tsukune's body underwent as a result of that.

Basically, what I mean is, that Tsukune won't become the same kind of being as Moka or Akasha, due to not having received enough genetic information to go through all of the changes that vampires went through, during their evolution - after all Moka or Akasha aren't the first generation of vampires.

Naturally the blood that was injected into Tsukune still contains some genetic information to cause Tsukune's body to change, but I think it will make Tsukune similar to Alucard (probably before he lost his mind), due to the fact that based upon the information we have Alucard is the oldest vampire, and most likely the "origin" of the vampire race in the R+V world. In other words, like Tsukune, Alucard was probably some other kind of being, before he became a vampire, and the blood of a Shinso vampire is the blood of the " vampire ancestor", so it's pretty logical to think that there will be a lot similarities between Tsukune and Alucard, since both of them, most likely, went though a similar transformation.

As for Tsukune still having the blood of a human in his veins, I believe the remnants of that blood have already mixed with Moka's Shinso blood a long time ago - if I have to put any guesses I would say that it already happened before chapter 28 of the first season when Moka has mentioned that Tsukune's blood taste has changed - meaning that the blood Tsukune currently has, can't be considered "human" anymore.

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-12-13 at 01:40.
Old 2011-12-17, 07:06   Link #21417
Alhazad2003

Quote:
True that's one of the possible interpretations on why Tsukune has been compared to Alucard , but you seemed to forget that in Tsukune's case, before Tohou Fuhai compared him to Alucard, he mentioned that abnormal changes are occurring inside Tsukune's body.

Simply put, unlike Moka and Akasha, the Shinso blood in Tsukune's body is a foreign substance for his body (or rather has been), which in my opinion is the reason why Tsukune's development is going to take a different route then Moka or Akasha, who's bodies have already been compatible with their Shinso blood, since they where born as vampires, while in Tsukune's case he was born as a human, and is most likely the first human who managed to survive through multiple injections of the blood of a Shinso vampire and we simply don't have enough info to know what kind of changes Tsukune's body underwent as a result of that.

Basically, what I mean is, that Tsukune won't become the same kind of being as Moka or Akasha, due to not having received enough genetic information to go through all of the changes that vampires went through, during their evolution - after all Moka or Akasha aren't the first generation of vampires.

Naturally the blood that was injected into Tsukune still contains some genetic information to cause Tsukune's body to change, but I think it will make Tsukune similar to Alucard (probably before he lost his mind), due to the fact that based upon the information we have Alucard is the oldest vampire, and most likely the "origin" of the vampire race in the R+V world. In other words, like Tsukune, Alucard was probably some other kind of being, before he became a vampire, and the blood of a Shinso vampire is the blood of the " vampire ancestor", so it's pretty logical to think that there will be a lot similarities between Tsukune and Alucard, since both of them, most likely, went though a similar transformation.

As for Tsukune still having the blood of a human in his veins, I believe the remnants of that blood have already mixed with Moka's Shinso blood a long time ago - if I have to put any guesses I would say that it already happened before chapter 28 of the first season when Moka has mentioned that Tsukune's blood taste has changed - meaning that the blood Tsukune currently has, can't be considered "human" anymore.
Wow, interesting theory on Alucard's origins, and considering what we learned during Tsukune's latest rampage, it seems to make perfect sense. So if that's the case, then the notion of "pure blood vampires" is a load of crock, since if the progenitor wasn't pure blooded per se, how are any of the others? Won't that be a big slap in the face to people like Issa and Gyokuro. Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 11:04   Link #21418
Tachibana
タチバナ

I find it odd that Alucard is considered the oldest vampire, looking back at what Akua said about him she said that he was said to have been the oldest, she didn't actually say that he was and if you remember what Kahlua said during his rampage of the Shuzen house is that he was once a servent of the Shuzen family, which this is kind of funny considering in vampire tradition he would be considered an elder and with his Shinso title he definitely would not be a servent, but he probably wasn't the oldest, but was probably one of the oldest progenitors to exist, there were no doubt others besides Alucard himself.

This is just something that struck me.
Old 2011-12-17, 12:14   Link #21419
Chris38

Well, there is definitely a few holes in my theory, but it depends on where the blood of a Shinso vampire comes from (since it has have a source, considering the fact that I doubt that Shinso vampires just appeared out of nowhere, and they wouldn't be considered as the ancestor's of vampires if they haven't been the source of the vampire race in the R+V world)

Considering Alucard's name (which is Dracula spelled backwards, and I'm quite sure that in some vampire stories, Dracula is considered as the "source" of the vampire race, so Ikeda might have been a little influenced by those stories... )

And Alucard being the servant of the Shuzen family, might not actually prevent him, from being the oldest vampire, since he might have been their servant, before he became a vampire and before the Shuzen family became a house where vampires live.

After all, there hasn't been anything mentioned on how old the Shuzen family actually is, but there has to be a reason why the Shuzen family is so important.

Anyway, I believe this matter is going to be clarified in the future arcs, what I want to bring up is the similarities between the current arc and Hokuto's arc in the first season, which I have noticed recently.

In both of those arcs Moka has been kidnapped and haven't managed to initially participate in the fights that where taking place in those arcs, while I doubt that Moka's seal is going to be broken in this arc, since the consequences of that would be much more severe compared to when the seal was nearly broken in Hokuto's arc, since the seal is currently in a much more weaker state, but I believe that like in Hokuto's arc, Inner Moka will have some role to play near the currents arc conclusion.

In both of those arcs, the main antagonist had claimed to win, in Hokuto's case this happened when he managed to initiate the procedure that would break the Great Barrier, while in Gyokuro's case this occurred when Alucard has started to awaken.

As we know, Hokuto claiming victory has been a little premature, since the gang managed to restore the Grand Barrier before it was fully broken, and while I doubt that the gang would be able to do anything to prevent the awakening of Alucard, since this is probably something only those who have Akasha's Shinso blood in their veins are capable of preventing from occurring.

So, unlike what happened during Hokuto's arc, I don't see the current arcs antagonists being slightly redeemed, so that they would abandon their objectives (Of course, it could be that this role is going to be taken by Akua, but personally I'm against such development - more likely I see Akasha being able to do something from within Alucard, to stop Alucard from fully awakening, naturally with the help of Tsukune - after all, we still need to get a meeting between Akasha and Tsukune, right... )

At least those are the similarities that come to my mind at this moment, and how they might influence the events of the current arc, although I probably will still look at both of those arcs to see if there might be more similarities between them.
Old 2011-12-17, 14:15   Link #21420
Tachibana
タチバナ

Indeed the meeting between Tsukune and Akasha is definitely something to hopefully look forward to

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire