AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-27, 20:30   Link #101
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Actually, the 2nd demo that was released in japan was english too which was weird...
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 20:31   Link #102
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
Actually, the 2nd demo that was released in japan was english too which was weird...
Well thats odd it released in Japan. But had english to?
Old 2010-09-27, 20:33   Link #103
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

believe me or not... it's true even the voices are in english. of course, you can change the voice and text at the option menu.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 06:17   Link #104
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well thats odd it released in Japan. But had english to?
Remember Platinum is made up of old Capcom greats. Remember how many Capcom games didn't even have a Japanese option? This was more common with Kamiya than Mikami though. Regardless, these developers seem to like their corny English
Old 2010-09-28, 07:43   Link #105
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well Japan are moving more on West game than East game so i'm not surprised ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:41   Link #106
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Here new trailer which introduce "Weapons , Speed and Style" :

Awesome trailer with a nice music .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:51   Link #107
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Remember Platinum is made up of old Capcom greats. Remember how many Capcom games didn't even have a Japanese option? This was more common with Kamiya than Mikami though. Regardless, these developers seem to like their corny English.

Spoiler for And who doesn't?:

Oh, and the trailer? all I have to say is DEM GUNS.

Now if only I had some money.....

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-06 at 21:16.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 20:32   Link #108
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Here new trailer which introduce "Weapons , Speed and Style" :

Spoiler for Video:

Awesome trailer with a nice music .
That was..... I cant think of any words.... Just... Tempts me even more to buy this!!
Old 2010-10-18, 15:28   Link #109
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

The game has been "out" for a few people who already complained about the short campaign, even though Mikami said it would be around 10 hours (which is still too short my tastes without any kind of replay value), but now IGN's review is out, giving the game an 8.5.

The campaign is anywhere from four to seven hours long, depending on the person, and with the replay value consisting of nothing but score and time hunting without any kind of unlockables à la Bayonetta I decided to pass on this one, or at least to wait until it is priced appropriately.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 23:53   Link #110
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I can't see this game being as short as some people on Gamefaqs are bitching about. I picked it up today at EB and have been playing for about an hour and a half since I got home and am only about halfway through the first of what I hear are five acts. Game is manly as hell too! Probably the funnest game I've seen come out of Japan in a long long time that isn't by Nintendo. Vanquish is definite shoe-in for X-Plays "Best Game Nobody Played" award for 2010.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 07:42   Link #111
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

^agreed. as yes i do have the game

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 16:32   Link #112
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I can't see this game being as short as some people on Gamefaqs are bitching about. I picked it up today at EB and have been playing for about an hour and a half since I got home and am only about halfway through the first of what I hear are five acts. Game is manly as hell too! Probably the funnest game I've seen come out of Japan in a long long time that isn't by Nintendo. Vanquish is definite shoe-in for X-Plays "Best Game Nobody Played" award for 2010.
What difficulty are you playing on? I've heard you can stretch the game quite a bit further if you go "God Hard".

Personally though, I don't have a problem with short games. In fact, 6 or so hours seems like a good length for an third-person shooter this frenetic and action-packed. My issue is more with the pricing...$60 is a lot to pay for something that's about as long as 2 DLC games. I know that's not a 1:1 comparison, obviously, but that's my flawed rationalization behind it.

I mean, I'm definitely getting this game...it's just a matter of "when" for me. With the holidays coming around, I'm banking on a "Buy 2, get 1 free" deal springing up somewhere. There's plenty of titles on my "to play" list.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 20:17   Link #113
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

For people that complain if a game is ever short... Play it at the hardest difficulty and see how long it takes you to get to the ending, thats the general law for me if I ever do play games that "ever" do have short campaigns
Old 2010-10-23, 07:03   Link #114
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Spoiler:

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 11:26   Link #115
TrueKnight

Just beat it on normal diffilcuty. Took me around 7-8 hours I think. Really great game with fast paced addictive gameplay and eyecandy visuals.

But man no NG+ really pisses me off, instead they give you mission selection with default weapon setups on each difficulty and none all of your upgrades from your first play through carried out. Eh....I wanted to replay it due to the over the top gameplay, but fighting the last boss in God Hard using default setups seems impossible.

Damn, Platinum, you should've made this like Bayonetta with lots of stuffs to do, tons of upgrades and customizations after completing the game.

Nevertheless, great game, definitely worth my purchase. But it could've been much much better with the replay value.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 12:50   Link #116
Dobby

Man, I don't know about you guys, but upon witnessing Sam's intense and incredible uppercut from hell when the Rocket Launcher is equipped, I burst into laughter with its incredibleness.

I then proceeded to kill the next 10 or so enemies with the melee, just to witness it some more. Holy.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 03:38   Link #117
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Just beat it on normal diffilcuty. Took me around 7-8 hours I think. Really great game with fast paced addictive gameplay and eyecandy visuals.

But man no NG+ really pisses me off, instead they give you mission selection with default weapon setups on each difficulty and none all of your upgrades from your first play through carried out. Eh....I wanted to replay it due to the over the top gameplay, but fighting the last boss in God Hard using default setups seems impossible.

Damn, Platinum, you should've made this like Bayonetta with lots of stuffs to do, tons of upgrades and customizations after completing the game.

Nevertheless, great game, definitely worth my purchase. But it could've been much much better with the replay value.
Sounds a lot like Dark Sector.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 00:01   Link #118
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

So for anyone who had played the game, who are the seiyuus for this one?
Old 2010-11-22, 03:57   Link #119
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So I've been playing the game for a day now. I won't lie, it's a total blast. But the lack of any cool cheats or unlockables is pretty lame.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-24, 12:10   Link #120
Sides

Vanquish PC teaser (source: gematsu.com)

It is happening !
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
platinumgames, science fiction, third person shooter