Originally Posted by Arvollen View Post
Spoiler for Well:
Waw... that's amazing!

What did you mean "after the fact" btw?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 08:54   Link #22
Arvollen
orz

No vivid play-by-play depictions of the acts themselves, just descriptions that it was committed (eg: characters talking about the state of the corpses/people).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
ok thanks for the info. Insta dropped
To be fair, most of the WN isn't full of that, but I can see how it can be a deal breaker.
Arvollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 10:30   Link #23
Wurstorff

Even if the whole thing isn't full of one thing, it's always full of some thing. There's the rape, there's the racism/"social commentary", there's the general sexism. Women in general are only good for making babies and maybe looking pretty; they're too afraid too fight and too weak to work. Children can't work either, only eat.
Wurstorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 11:09   Link #24
Yoburi

Now on racism pretty much everybody is racist to everybody like Vietnamits hate americas and chineses or Germans hate everybody not white and so on.

But woman in the zombie apocalypse unless they are strong or have support it will be hard to live even more if they are beautiful but that makes sense since there is no law.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 11:16   Link #25
Wurstorff

That's the thing: history has proven that women are strong against disaster, maybe even stronger and more productive than men.

Oh, one detail I forgot: Women are trade goods here, especially beautiful virgins.
Old 2016-02-05, 11:28   Link #26
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Return to slave era..... And racism era... Well, I still like this one even though the author is racist toward my country...
Old 2016-02-05, 11:56   Link #27
ndiezel

People that care too much about racism never thought about it and just go with trend that media gives them. I'm living in Russia and grew up on American/European films of 70'/90' that very often placed our country as bad guys, I felt hurt about it a little, but still was clever enough to understand that it all just a part of propaganda and it was never the centre of the story. My great grandpa had 6 brothers and they all died in WW2 in 1942. But I don't have bias against Germany, because they were punished for what they've done (and, what's important, by our hands) and truly changed (biggest hatters of nacism nowadays). On the other hand we have China and Japan, where Japan was defeated not by Chinese people, but by our country and Americans, while Japan never paid for genocide that they've done in China (not only in China, of course, but that's another topic). I mean during WW2 our country lost over 26 millions people, but China lost even more and they never got it back at them, of course they will become racist and you're not in the place to judge them.
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 12:22   Link #28
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
People that care too much about racism never thought about it and just go with trend that media gives them. I'm living in Russia and grew up on American/European films of 70'/90' that very often placed our country as bad guys, I felt hurt about it a little, but still was clever enough to understand that it all just a part of propaganda and it was never the centre of the story. My great grandpa had 6 brothers and they all died in WW2 in 1942. But I don't have bias against Germany, because they were punished for what they've done (and, what's important, by our hands) and truly changed (biggest hatters of nacism nowadays). On the other hand we have China and Japan, where Japan was defeated not by Chinese people, but by our country and Americans, while Japan never paid for genocide that they've done in China (not only in China, of course, but that's another topic). I mean during WW2 our country lost over 26 millions people, but China lost even more and they never got it back at them, of course they will become racist and you're not in the place to judge them.
The thing is, you might not like a particular country or might be even racist towards them, no one would probably care, but if you are writing racism into a work where you intend to post it for a few hundreds of thousands to read, it make a lot of differences, conflict or antagonism is normal in novels, but most authors, almost never blatantly talking down or insult another country.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 12:44   Link #29
ndiezel

Quote:
The thing is, you might not like a particular country or might be even racist towards them, no one would probably care, but if you are writing racism into a work where you intend to post it for a few hundreds of thousands to read, it make a lot of differences, conflict or antagonism is normal in novels, but most authors, almost never blatantly talking down or insult another country.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, are you serious?
Old 2016-02-05, 12:48   Link #30
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, are you serious?
yeah i'm pretty serious, among my log of novels, while there are works that show antagonism towards another country, rarely i actually found one that would actually doing it blatantly like this according to the spoilers
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 14:17   Link #31
ndiezel

Quote:
yeah i'm pretty serious, among my log of novels, while there are works that show antagonism towards another country, rarely i actually found one that would actually doing it blatantly like this according to the spoilers
You can only blame yourself for such poor variety of novels that you read. No, I won't give you any example, you'll never find them in english anyway.
Old 2016-02-05, 18:54   Link #32
Urbano

I read a bit and I have to say. I can put up with sexism (or i wouldn't read, watch ou listen almost anything) so I tried to keep reading, but sexism + racism is way out of my alley. I know what Japan did to China. It was horrible and brutal. No question about it. But, you see, Japan did that shit motivated by a racist ideology plus a fuck up nacionalism. I don't think that, even if it's understandable, more racism is not the answer. If we just think is okay to use such thing as a excuse for racism, we are lead to find normal if Israel nukes Germany, or Obama nukes US' south, or the rest of the world destroy Europe. I understand the rage, I can't condone the answer.
Old 2016-02-05, 19:13   Link #33
Wurstorff

Israel wouldn't nuke Germany. Germany is influential and Israel can guilt-trip them into a lot. Germany doesn't jump? Damn nazis!
Old 2016-02-05, 21:43   Link #34
Yoburi

You guys are focusing too much on the bad parts of the novel now what really makes this good is the zombies, the wars against elite zombies, super high level mutant animals, loot that is 100 years more advance than our tech and how a common guy can conquer the world, plus the game elements that makes this more unique.

The worst part of the novel is not this BS you guys keep talking about but the repetive plot points like talking over a city from militar hands that happend like 10 times first time it's fun but the next 9 times its the same shit.

The novel is best when the MC is with his harem or solo monsters (alone or with his army on the backround).
Old 2016-02-05, 22:07   Link #35
Urbano

i only read 50 translated chapters, and yes there's a lot of good things here:
- For wuxia, the MC is somewhat likeable;
- For wuxia, the power scale is not over the top;
- Although things start randomly, but once you accept that the shit god just wanna have fun, the plot is good;
- The plot is somewhat original.

The bad things:
- The sexism. Not that mild sexism (all the girls in the harem are miraculous virgin or no woman is ever stronger than the MC), here is the rage inducing sexism: "look at all those capable women who could fight perfectly fine in this post-apocalyptic world! na, let's make them cook."
- The racism (i did't read any 'til chap 50), see the comments above.
Old 2016-02-05, 22:51   Link #36
itisjustme

Quote:
The bad things:
- The sexism. Not that mild sexism (all the girls in the harem are miraculous virgin or no woman is ever stronger than the MC), here is the rage inducing sexism: "look at all those capable women who could fight perfectly fine in this post-apocalyptic world! na, let's make them cook."
- The racism (i did't read any 'til chap 50), see the comments above.
90% of CN WNs will have those problems. Racism just isn't obvious in xianxia with no relationship to RL world at all. (Although some extreme cases do bring it up nonetheless :P)

Omg I hate it when the only thing women end up doing is crying, be damsels in distress and harem members. Esp in those cultivation novels where they tell you, this chick is amazingly level 98!!! but then a problem arises and she cries and MC has to save her. Grrrrr
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 04:32   Link #37
Yoburi

^Do notice the MC have a huge army and with that many treasures think like a leader of a huge guild in a game a normal chick even 98 can't beat the MC on level 50 since he got the resorses of milions of people giving him the best gear, info, upgrades and modern weapons. Hell the MC even have his own laboratory of scientis making drugs to evolve his army a normal person have no chance against him.

Funny thing on this novel is how beautiful woman and even more virgins became a object of value like weapons, drugs or food, the MC does ask in negociations with hostile forces to hand him over 300 beauties and 100 must be virgins or some militar guy saying he is going to reward a solider if he perform well with promocions, food and woman lol.

With so many wars and zombies pushing only males to the front battles the ratio is already 8 females for 1 male in chapter 450.
Old 2016-02-06, 06:03   Link #38
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

So, how many girl he have sex with?
Old 2016-02-06, 06:41   Link #39
Yoburi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
So, how many girl he have sex with?
So far his first was his prist girl he tutor, later he have a booty call with a sexy punk girl, then Zhuo Yatong show up gave him the best sex of the novel many times, Tong Xiaoyun later help Zhuo, later the MC eat some blood core of animals and just nail 3 maids, another maid show up later helping the MC vent because he kill the murder of her parents , a movie star gave to the MC after some blood core ingestion with a loli watching and the mother of this loli help the MC in his bath after the deed... thats the sex that happend in 500 chapter i still didn't finish reading this lol.
Old 2016-02-06, 09:37   Link #40
itisjustme

What about Ji Qing Wu?

Edit: Urgh I read a bit more of this and MC is just herding all the xp too himself or his skeleton, when they fight bosses he's always the one getting the last hit and all the xp, it's worse than Zhan Long or something -_- And of course all the good loot ends up in his hands.

Last edited by itisjustme; 2016-02-06 at 11:21.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote