Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
After watching eps 5... only 3 words to sum up the eps... IROHA IS <3

Spoiler for Ice Cream:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
While I wholeheartedly agree with you that Iroha is <3, I call shenanigans on that pic. Though I'm sure that you probably just found that somewhere, I'd like to say that there's too much "soft cream" on her, and the cone's missing lol.
I'm afraid I don't really know what you mean by "I call shenanigans on that pic." Does that mean that you'd like to hit the person who drew it, or is it a double entendre, as if saying "I'd hit that!"

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 03:30   Link #282
Green²
It's bacon!

Now, now. It's not as bad as it looks. Best we all settle for the rub-rub. Else it be the return of the puppies, cleaning off the white stuff. And one look on the setup being, and it was, yes yes, better to do the rub-rub, (shivers)...
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 06:53   Link #283
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

the cone is here

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/view/84175
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 09:47   Link #284
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I'm afraid I don't really know what you mean by "I call shenanigans on that pic." Does that mean that you'd like to hit the person who drew it, or is it a double entendre, as if saying "I'd hit that!"
"I call shenanigans on that pic" means that I'm calling the picture doctored or Photoshopped.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 12:21   Link #285
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Watched ep4 - now this was a lot better than the last ones. I gues i will not be dropping this show after all (yet :P). Atm i simply love Iroha :P Harem growth+1. Momoko does some brainwashing ... that was kinda funny, altho now i dislike her even more. Seriously, i can't stand her. The less she appears on screen the better.

Was it me or this ep was extra fanservice-heavy ? But the whole bedroom scene with Iroha was hilarious. (and her little run arround the town after that ). I gues she will keep me watching this for a while. I hope that this will end with Koushi x Iroha. (ya right, i can bet my behind that won't happen, but hey - i can dream, right ?)
Old 2006-11-13, 13:06   Link #286
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Just wait till you watch #5 Skyfall.....
More Iroha!

I wonder why you call Shenanigan's on that pic. It happens during the epsiode. Something about her bumping into someone and dropping her ice cream. And of course the scene right after that with the napkin......

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 13:12   Link #287
jpawelw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Surudoi ne, hehehe.

Another thing to look at: pay attention to the names of the characters, it reveals the same type of information.

The protagonists myouji is "Inuduka". The first part is the same as the word "Inu".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
hmm

momoko - Dragon
Iroha - Snake
Sanae - Horse
Koushi - dog?
random Assassin - Tiger

anyone other than me that just starts thinking Chinese Zodiac? question is though if they have a cat
It IS. (AFAIK the only feline there is the Tiger).

In the opening, the zodiac wheel is a recurring motive, while the main characters are being introduced. For each of them, their sign is briefly highlighted: for Momoko it is Dragon, in red; for Koushi --- Dog, in blue; for Iroha --- Snake, in red. For Sanae no sign is highlighted, instead she kicks the wheel (but isn't the way she does it typical from some animal). Aproppriate kanji in characters' names are highlighted, too: Kuzuryuu, Inuzuka, Miyamoto (and none for Sanae, as there seems to be no good for it character in her name --- or I'm wrong?). So, the information is given away very explicitly.
BTW. on the zodiac wheel Dragon and Dog are located opposite to each other --- so maybe it should be natural to Koushi and Momoko to be together?
jpawelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 13:45   Link #288
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpawelw View Post
It IS. (AFAIK the only feline there is the Tiger).

In the opening, the zodiac wheel is a recurring motive, while the main characters are being introduced. For each of them, their sign is briefly highlighted: for Momoko it is Dragon, in red; for Koushi --- Dog, in blue; for Iroha --- Snake, in red. For Sanae no sign is highlighted, instead she kicks the wheel (but isn't the way she does it typical from some animal). Aproppriate kanji in characters' names are highlighted, too: Kuzuryuu, Inuzuka, Miyamoto (and none for Sanae, as there seems to be no good for it character in her name --- or I'm wrong?). So, the information is given away very explicitly.
BTW. on the zodiac wheel Dragon and Dog are located opposite to each other --- so maybe it should be natural to Koushi and Momoko to be together?
We shall see about sanae. She doesn't have any animal kanji in her name, so perhaps she's not one of animal clans. (I'm not going to tell)

About dog+dragon: supposedly they are bad luck for each other (one of the worst possible matches). Dog is supposedly a good match for Tigers and Horses. (pig is also not bad) So according to the classical chinese zodiac, whoever the horse person is, they a natural match for Koushi-dono. (unless a hot tiger female appears, hehe )
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 16:41   Link #289
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Watched ep4 - now this was a lot better than the last ones. I gues i will not be dropping this show after all (yet :P). Atm i simply love Iroha :P Harem growth+1. Momoko does some brainwashing ... that was kinda funny, altho now i dislike her even more. Seriously, i can't stand her. The less she appears on screen the better.

Was it me or this ep was extra fanservice-heavy ? But the whole bedroom scene with Iroha was hilarious. (and her little run arround the town after that ). I gues she will keep me watching this for a while. I hope that this will end with Koushi x Iroha. (ya right, i can bet my behind that won't happen, but hey - i can dream, right ?)
im glad that you changed your mind about this
yep yep more iroha comming up in ep 5 and shes in hyper moe mode lol
and for koushi x iroha...why cant he have all the girls?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 17:02   Link #290
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
im glad that you changed your mind about this
yep yep more iroha comming up in ep 5 and shes in hyper moe mode lol
and for koushi x iroha...why cant he have all the girls?
Because he DOESN'T want Sumomo. Haha. This is the weirdest anime where I didn't want the Main Character to win. Reminds me a little of Final Approach.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 17:09   Link #291
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just caught up with the series... and yeah, Iroha FTW. <x>Momoko<x> wants him for "all the wrong reasons" and doesn't seem to be making character growth progress --- it is a wierd series in that "the gag" seems to be the central character Momoko. It is just hard to take her at all seriously.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-11-13 at 17:31.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 17:09   Link #292
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Because he DOESN'T want Sumomo. Haha. This is the weirdest anime where I didn't want the Main Character to win. Reminds me a little of Final Approach.
Her name is Momoko I wonder how many people will make the same mistake <edit>(*adds Vexx to the list* :P).</edit> And yea - he does not want her, and i do hope it stays that way. Seriously, she looks like a 10 year old.(and has an IQ of one)
Old 2006-11-13, 17:30   Link #293
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

whoops... just picked the first collection of "momomomomo" blargh I found...

editing now.
Old 2006-11-13, 17:36   Link #294
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I know what you mean - i have a huge temptation to write Sumomo every time i think of her instead of Momoko
Old 2006-11-13, 17:36   Link #295
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hahaha! soo many people has made that mistake nubs T_T j/k
anywayz...i hope momoko can get some serious charater developments but shes not all fun and games...when shes seriously fighting i find it cute that she tries so hard for koushi...ie jumping a whole school building *shock* and her serious mood from fighting is quite the change from her usual childish self...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 18:00   Link #296
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I wouldn't count on any character development at all for Momoko. By the look of how things are presented up untill this point i don't think she is going to change at all.
Old 2006-11-13, 20:51   Link #297
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I foresee some point where she goes too far with Koushi, she almost did it
with the sea-snakes abandonment. He's going to say something like "hit
the road, sister, I'm tired of almost dying when you're around" and we will
see the uber moe SAD MOMOKO. I can't wait.
Old 2006-11-13, 21:10   Link #298
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
hahaha! soo many people has made that mistake nubs T_T j/k
anywayz...i hope momoko can get some serious charater developments but shes not all fun and games...when shes seriously fighting i find it cute that she tries so hard for koushi...ie jumping a whole school building *shock* and her serious mood from fighting is quite the change from her usual childish self...
Indeed.. its nice to see her devotion and (almost) love for him demonstrated; I mean, if you delete off her crazy, fangirl reactions; it is pretty meaningful too. She jumped the school building because she wanted him to have his dream; even if his dream wasnt her dream. She didnt like getting naked-with-the-sushi, but she did. And in 4, we saw her mischievous side; which was something we hadn't seen before. I want more Sumo- () Momoko development; and in line with aliensporebomb here, seeing an uber sad Moemoko would be .
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 21:16   Link #299
Ptolemi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
I foresee some point where she goes too far with Koushi, she almost did it
with the sea-snakes abandonment. He's going to say something like "hit
the road, sister, I'm tired of almost dying when you're around" and we will
see the uber moe SAD MOMOKO. I can't wait.
I am waiting for that part too. I want him to tell her to f off, but then he will feel bad and get her back because that is the cliche followed everywhere.

I am also waiting for the part where he kicks ass. Basically if he doesn't kick ass somewhere i will be extremely disappointed.
Ptolemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 22:00   Link #300
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Oh, you just KNOW he's going to do something in the martial arts department..

He keeps holding his fist in a particular way but he's afraid to let loose.

When it happens I think everyone might be surprised.

Tags
action, comedy, romance, seinen