AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-04-12, 01:22   Link #381
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find book two of Kino no Tabi? I'm looking for the translated American version:
Kino No Tabi Volume 2: Where Nothing is Written

I bought the first book from a local Chapters when it came out... but I've never had any luck finding this second book. I placed an order on Amazon, but that was a month ago, and I don't think it would be coming any time soon... especially since I've been checking on its availability for half a year now...
rcxAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 01:46   Link #382
bayoab

Tokyopop said at sakuracon that due to licensing issues, the entire Kino novel series is to be considered on permanent hiatus and all past releases are OOP.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 11:04   Link #383
AkinaGod

Macross and Robetech Collections... And Tenchi too...

I have the Protoculture Collection for Robotech and I want to know where I can find a complete one buy set of all the macross series that takes place after Robotech. Anyone know where I can find them? And all the movies?

Also wondering where I can find each and every Tenchi ever made in a complete set. I am getting mixed search results in google and can't seem to find a complete set for either of the anime listed.

Please help, thanks.
AkinaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 11:22   Link #384
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

There's a thread in the licensed forum for request like this, you'll probably have more luck there

Thread

I imagine this will be moved there when a mod sees it, so you'll know where it vanished to.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 08:21   Link #385
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Most of Tenchi was licensed by Geneon USA, which is a company that no longer exists. So finding the first two OVA series, Tenchi Universe TV series, Tenchi in Tokyo TV series, the Tenchi movies and any spin-offs (such as the Pretty Sammy/Mihoshi special) might be a bit tricky.

One place that might have them still in stock is www.rightstuf.com, but they recently had a Geneon sale which cleared out a lot of their inventory. The third OVA series as well as the GXP TV series are licensed by Funimation and still widely available.

As for Macross, afaik only the first TV series was licensed. Maybe some of the movies were also licensed, but those don't appear to be easy to get. Series like Macross 7, Macross Zero or Macross Frontier are not available in the US.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 13:08   Link #386
4Tran

Macross II and the OVA and movie versions of Macross Plus are still licensed by Manga Entertainment, so they should still be available at www.amazon.com and other outlets. Please note that Macross II is an alternate universe story, so it's not required viewing for any subsequent Macross works.

The license for the Do You Remember Love movie lapsed a long time ago, and none of the other Macross shows have been licensed for R1.
Old 2008-07-10, 13:25   Link #387
deeplove

your experience with Akibado orr ShoppingMallJapan?

I want to buy some japanese items through yahoo auctions Japan so I've narrowed my choices to those two. Basically I would like to know which site is cheaper to use? For example, an idol calendar ending auction price of 900yen, weighing (i'm guessing) 600grams. I'm located in Canada.
The thing is on shoppingmalljapan they don't list the shipping prices (From jpn to canada) so i can't really estimate.

for those who have used both, which one is cheaper or better in your opinion?
I've used crescent-trading before and shipping fees they charge cost an arm and a leg. maybe cuz they used ems and that one is rather expensive,.. i didn't know i had an option to pick other cheaper shipping methods)
deeplove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 14:14   Link #388
Solafighter
Hige

I want to buy the whole first season of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni with english subs(I dont need english dubs). If its in a box or ~ 12 dvd´s doesnt matter(but i would prefer a box or the less amount of dvds, the better). I live in Germany, so perhaps could give me some tips where i can order it.

Thanks a lot.
Old 2008-08-16, 14:56   Link #389
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
I want to buy the whole first season of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni with english subs(I dont need english dubs). If its in a box or ~ 12 dvd´s doesnt matter(but i would prefer a box or the less amount of dvds, the better). I live in Germany, so perhaps could give me some tips where i can order it.
Currently there is no legal release of the entire first season (no doubt you can find bootlegs but no official release).

It was due to be released by Geneon but now Funimation have the license and they are planning a release of the first four DVD (which contain episodes 1 to 18) on the 30th September 2008. The remaining two DVDs (which will contain the remaining 8 episodes) will be released at a later date, currently unknown.

Typical on-line prices for these DVDs should be under $18 each, e.g.
When They Cry, Vol. 1
When They Cry, Vol. 2
When They Cry, Vol. 3
When They Cry, Vol. 4
I've been using DVDPacific for years now and they ship overseas (I live in the U.K.), reasonable postage as well.

There were plans to release Vol 1 with a box but I'm not sure if that is still the case.

For more info please read the following, ANN Funimation Agrees to Distribute Select Geneon Titles, Funimation's First Releases from Geneon Deal Scheduled, When They Cry - Higurashi (TV), AnimeSuki Higurashi licensed by Geneon
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 15:02   Link #390
Solafighter
Hige

Ah thanks a lot for your reply, xris.
Old 2008-08-17, 17:08   Link #391
KoiNoDensetsu
今日、海をみた。もう恐くない。

R2 DVDs?

Anyone know a place to get good deals on R2 DVDs? I'm surprised there isn't anything on the first page about this. I'm thinking about buying from amazon.co.jp, since they seem to have good prices for a lot of their DVDs. Anyone know anywhere that has even better deals (like a Japanese rightstuf)?

Oh, and rightstuf.com MUST be editted on to the first post! They have much better deals than anywhere else you'll find. That's where I got my hundreds and hundreds of DVDs (some for like $3.99!).
KoiNoDensetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 11:20   Link #392
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Need help finding Utawarerumono Box Set

I have recently previewed some of the Utawarerumono show. I was wondering if anyone thinks its worth buying and if so do you know where I can get the box set at a resonable price I will look for it at amazon but thats the only place i can think of where i can get it used for a good price i was hoping some of you might know a better place to get anime from a well respected and trusted site.

So when i buy the anime i will recive it in a decent amount of time and I'm not going to get taken to the bank..
NervZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 11:26   Link #393
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

How about RightStuf?

I didn't see it on DVDPacific using the main search box.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 11:53   Link #394
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Anyone here try out AxelMusic? Pretty spiffy website, and what attracted me were the (alleged) delivery times (4-7 days in Canada? I don't habeeb it). Shipping cost is so-so, and thankfully is no kick in the balls.

But after reading this I was kinda put off by this little detail:
Quote:
Note that your card is debited on order - worth noting if you're planning to pre-order something.
Debit on order? Other sites I've shopped usually only have me pay once the item is ready for shipping/has been shipped. Ya know, the ol' "honoring my end of the bargain" deal.
Well, I placed the order anyways - we'll see how this goes down. :V
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 02:46   Link #395
LeoNBooM

AnimeDiscountDVD - Lucky Star

I was about to order these lucky star DVDs when I found this thread. I found a post in here that says the following website has some bootlegged stuff. Can anyone help me confirm whether or not these are bootlegged?

I was going to buy the Limited Editions ones. They are pretty cheap now, but I have seen them sold for around $50 on that website before, which is why I'm not entirely sure it's bootlegged

SITE:
<site link removed by Mod since they do sell bootlegs>

THANKS for the help

Last edited by xris; 2008-10-12 at 03:15. Reason: Link removed as known bootleg site
LeoNBooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 03:26   Link #396
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoNBooM View Post
I was about to order these lucky star DVDs when I found this thread. I found a post in here that says the following website has some bootlegged stuff. Can anyone help me confirm whether or not these are bootlegged?

I was going to buy the Limited Editions ones. They are pretty cheap now, but I have seen them sold for around $50 on that website before, which is why I'm not entirely sure it's bootlegged

SITE:
<site link removed by Mod since they do sell bootlegs>

THANKS for the help
Sorry but link of site removed because they are known for selling bootleg DVDs (basically anything in their "Import DVD" section = bootleg.

The Lucky Star DVDs are listed under their "Domestic DVD" section and they appear to be the legal Bandai releases. Don't forget that there are two versions of the Lucky Star DVDs, the regular and limited edition.

The prices listed are good, 45% discount is as good as you get from a number of on-line shops. It appears they are on sale at the moment which explains the lower than usual price. You want want to factor in the shipping costs ($4-$7) because it may up the price.

I would still recommend DVDPacific mind, they at least don't rip off customers by selling bootlegs.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:08   Link #397
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Buying Anime DVDs from UK

I'm trying to find a good site to buy Volumes 2-5 of the Kanon 2006 anime, a lot of the sites i found were out of stock or only had the first couple of volumes. The closest i came was bootlegs.r.us.com, but after i made my order 3 of the 6 items i ordered were out of stock so had to cancel it.

Does anyone know where i can pick them up at a good price? Been wanting them for ages and there a pain to find :/

Last edited by xris; 2008-10-18 at 14:56. Reason: Sorry but removed name since they are know sellers of bootleg DVDs
Takuto19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:35   Link #398
Amray

Try Play.com

That is where I get a majority of my Anime merchandise from, and it is a UK-based store. It does sell practically everything and anime and manga happens to be two of the things they are great at selling. I get the brand new Death Note DVD's there for 12.99 when their RRP is 20.00 GBP's. If that is not amazing then please tell me what is.

Also, might I recommend Anime-On-line .com. Again they are stationed in the UK and sell practically anything to do with anime. Wallscrolls, manga's, models, DVD's, et cetera. I have bought some OST's (Original Soundtracks) from there and they came within the next day of purchasing. Amazing.

Those are what I would recommend anyway, I am just trying to help share some decent web-addresses.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:40   Link #399
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
Try Play.com

That is where I get a majority of my Anime merchandise from, and it is a UK-based store. It does sell practically everything and anime and manga happens to be two of the things they are great at selling. I get the brand new Death Note DVD's there for 12.99 when their RRP is 20.00 GBP's. If that is not amazing then please tell me what is.

Also, might I recommend Anime-On-line .com. Again they are stationed in the UK and sell practically anything to do with anime. Wallscrolls, manga's, models, DVD's, et cetera. I have bought some OST's (Original Soundtracks) from there and they came within the next day of purchasing. Amazing.

Those are what I would recommend anyway, I am just trying to help share some decent web-addresses.
Heh yeah i use them as well but they've only got Volume 3 and 1 of Kanon, and i already have Volume 1 :/
Old 2008-10-18, 13:50   Link #400
Amray

I see. Are all of the kanon volumes released here yet, or are they just dealing in region 1 DVD's at the moment? If they are out I would have thought those two stores would be selling them.

If not, then my last recommendation would be Ebay, but that is an obvious one. That is all I have for you I am afraid.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime