AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-10-01, 19:12   Link #821
chaosprophet

CanonRap posted his observations about chapter 6.
Among them I find this of particular interest:
Quote:
—– b.「吸血鬼に並ぶ不死性を有する神魔妖怪の類」 Divine, demonic and phantasmal ones that possess the same level of undeath as vampires Another easy one… other creatures as indestructible as vampires. Negima had several (shown and mentioned) that couldn’t be physically destroyed and needed soul-killing spells to off completely.
So his trans was more in line with MS. Which does make sense. Phantasmal ones here are Youkai (CR trans for youkai is Phantom), and some of them are likely to be immortal, like maybe Zect and Sukuna. Demons likely contain both mazoku and akuma. Hermann is a Greater Daemon (上位悪魔 joui akuma) of Court rank and seems to fit the description of indestructible, only being ale to be destroyed by specific things like certain High Ancient spells. Zazie and Poyo who are mazoku (and apparently royalty) are likely immortal too, as the Master of the Graveyard is described as very old and said Poyo is an old friend of hers. And divine, it can compromise a few things, like the many higher spirits called Kami from Japan. Here is the entry in Kami on Creatures:
Quote:
God かみ kami
A divine entity. Depending on the context, it can refer to the one true omnipotent God, a patheon of Gods, or natural forces.
The monotheist God would be kamisama (神様, “God”) whereas a polytheist God would be generally be simply kami (神, a “God” out of “Gods”). These are distinct from the Japanese spirits of kami.
The Creator of the Magic World has also been once referred to as kamisama (かみさま).
Kami 神
A vast blanket term for Japanese nature spirits, from ancient forces of nature to powerful anthropomorphisms and members of the Shinto pantheon to animistic spirits of trees and plants.
Also the entry on Negi's 9th combat spell is interesting:
Quote:
Negi’s Ninth Combat Spell
Once a being has reached a certain level of spiritual rank, it can survive even the destruction of its flesh and blood. Against these beings, the normal practice is to use spells like Lagena Signatoria to seal their existence, rendering them powerless. However, it is possible to completely annihilate them; the last combat spell Negi learned is one such spell. Most likely, this spell is one which greatly damages the spirit of its target – in other words, the basis of its existence, the soul.
Old 2013-10-02, 03:06   Link #822
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
CanonRap posted his observations about chapter 6.

If Negi appears in UQ later on in the story, I really hope it's for a very short time & at most he gets 1-3 high level battles, tops. At the ending of Negima he was already ridiculously strong but with that "9th combat spell" + his 50 or 60 something years? being "dead"(I don't buy it, he's probably MIA doing research or something) he'd be too powerful to be a part of the cast unless he was heavily nerfed.
Old 2013-10-02, 04:40   Link #823
chaosprophet

I'm okay wither way, dead, alive but don't be around, or alive and around. If alive and around thought I wouldn't be too worried about his power Afterall, Eva is potentially stronger than Negi, with all her experience she probably know of such spell too. But we have her in the story so Akamatsu already should have plenty of ideas on how to take her away from combat to not make thinbgs to easy, now you would just need to add in Negi to that.
Old 2013-10-02, 04:51   Link #824
Breimoon

umh..... i 'm wondering if the real reason they sent kuroumaru to kill evangeline is to have a mole in the group. They will leave her alone for a while and then ask her to betray the immortal family if she wants to go back to her clan.After all they expected her to fail but not to die("don't return home") so they knew Eve would not kill him/her.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 09:16   Link #825
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
If Negi appears in UQ later on in the story, I really hope it's for a very short time & at most he gets 1-3 high level battles, tops. At the ending of Negima he was already ridiculously strong but with that "9th combat spell" + his 50 or 60 something years? being "dead"(I don't buy it, he's probably MIA doing research or something) he'd be too powerful to be a part of the cast unless he was heavily nerfed.
Well, it seems like Eva (who was indisputably stronger than Negi even at the end) has been severely nerfed for some reason we aren't aware of, so it's possible that Negi will be afflicted with the same thing. Or he could just be dead, but screw that, I want lighting form!
Old 2013-10-02, 09:34   Link #826
Fwarlord

Quote:
It can be another way. They can just add some give him some powerful opponents. The theme is "immortal", so Titans, Elder Gods, Cosmic Horrors and the likes will be welcomed.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 09:37   Link #827
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Why would they? And if they did, then why didn't Chachamaru have one?
We know from word of god that getting artifacts are based on the power of the mage making the contract. It could just be that due to the curse she did not have the power to get one.
Quote:
I'm assuming that what you mean here is that the blade is simply a blade. I would point out that the big blade carried by Chachazero was labeled Ministra Magi Chachazero.
inconclusive It's not like it isn't easy to just inscribe that on a blade and Eva does call Chachamaru her Ministra Magi. It also would fit into her use of scare tactics if it is imposable for a doll contract to have an artifact, ie Eva is so big and bad she breaks the laws of magic.

Quote:
As for "powers", since we didn't see a lot of Chachazero in action, it is hard to say. However, when Chachazero battled and defeated Chigusa, she tossed blades into the fight as well as carrying her artifact blade and a secondary one. We never leaded for sure, but I figured Chachazero's artifact allowed her to summon blades at will, similar to Setsuna's artifact from Negi.

Chachazero was a simple doll that somehow has her own personality and fighting skills separate from Eva (as witnessed when Eva dispatched her to take care of Chigusa). The real question is, how does a simple doll turn into a massive fighting machine with attitude and personality? Eva's Doll Master ability doesn't account for that.
Hate to be nitpicky but what fighting? All it was was 2 thrown knives (source unknown(could be a spell, her artifact, Eva off screen)) and Zero walking up wielding the big knife while scaring the hell out of her there was no combat. and given Zero's strings could bee seen through out the whole encounter Eva likely had direct control at the time. The Data books also imply that her personality is Eva's old stage personality so again it points to Zero being a projection of Eva and not an ensdouled being.

Quote:
For Chachamaru, it is a different story. She is a complex creation of futuristic robotics (since we don't yet have android technology like that), advanced artificial intelligence (well advanced beyond what we have today), and magic. For Chachamaru, her question WELL after meeting Negi was, "is her existence and personality simply the results of her programming?" She was afraid that it was, thus she would not have a soul, a consideration that wasn't on her mind when she was activated and given to Eva.
I'm inclined to believe Chachamaru's soul has more to do with her science side the her magic side as it was stated that some of her AI was based off of the Numbra AIs
Quote:
I didn't notice that. I saw a Chachazero statuette thing in the teacher's room at the school though. I'll have to go back and look.

Regardless, it seems like Chachazero and Chachamaru could be among the undying that Eva speaks of in chapter 6.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 13:02   Link #828
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, it seems like Eva (who was indisputably stronger than Negi even at the end) has been severely nerfed for some reason we aren't aware of, so it's possible that Negi will be afflicted with the same thing. Or he could just be dead, but screw that, I want lighting form!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
It can be another way. They can just add some give him some powerful opponents. The theme is "immortal", so Titans, Elder Gods, Cosmic Horrors and the likes will be welcomed.
I agree with these two points but another reason I don't want Negi to be part of the cast, at least not for more than a few battles or as a way to grant the rest of the cast new powers and/or Info they might need is because..Negi was the protagonist of Negima. This is UQ holder;Touta's story, much as I love the guy it'd be annoying if he and any of the other Negima chars were just thrown in for no reason in particular aside from fan-service. Also I think this series needs to stand strong on its own merits and not rely on cameos. But after all, we're still only six chapters in so we'll just have to see how this series pans out.
Old 2013-10-02, 13:55   Link #829
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I agree with these two points but another reason I don't want Negi to be part of the cast, at least not for more than a few battles or as a way to grant the rest of the cast new powers and/or Info they might need is because..Negi was the protagonist of Negima. This is UQ holder;Touta's story, much as I love the guy it'd be annoying if he and any of the other Negima chars were just thrown in for no reason in particular aside from fan-service. Also I think this series needs to stand strong on its own merits and not rely on cameos. But after all, we're still only six chapters in so we'll just have to see how this series pans out.
I'm all for this, actually. I like this new kid, and it would suck if he got sidelined. I'm remembering the "Nanoha StrikerS" series where there were supposed to be new characters but it still ended up being focused on the old ones.

I would, however, like to see Negi come back at some point, if only for a short while. First, it'd be nice to see him again. Second, I want NegixEva scenes. Third, he could teach Touta Magia Ereba (or some other version suited for him). Fourth, I. WANT. LIGHTNING. FORM.
Old 2013-10-02, 14:05   Link #830
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I'm all for this, actually. I like this new kid, and it would suck if he got sidelined. I'm remembering the "Nanoha StrikerS" series where there were supposed to be new characters but it still ended up being focused on the old ones.

I would, however, like to see Negi come back at some point, if only for a short while. First, it'd be nice to see him again. Second, I want NegixEva scenes. Third, he could teach Touta Magia Ereba (or some other version suited for him). Fourth, I. WANT. LIGHTNING. FORM.
Five - to answer some questions.
Old 2013-10-02, 14:16   Link #831
Fwarlord

Quote:
What I like about Touta is his independent and original personality. Maybe his dream now is somehow "borrow" from his friend but that only because his lack of experience. I'm sure he will find out his own dream in the travel. Eva offered him a chance to be trained by one of the strongest being in the world but he refuse. I'd like him to keep his way and when the time come, he will find his own power without being taught or trained by anyone. I've had enough with Negi chasing after his father's shadow, learning power from various people and his responsibility as Nagi's son. This time I want a protagonist who choose his own path without being affected by others as well as create his own power without being teach by various masters.
If Touta were to meet Negi, I prefer them having a duel to find out who is stronger (of course later in the story when Touta become strong enough)
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 14:22   Link #832
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
in chapter 1 page 29 third panel down, Chachazero is siting on a shelf directly behind Evangeline. Its up on the wall and just kinda shows her so could be different but I think it's her. She may be unable to move because they are so far from the world tree and Evangeline hasn't had blood in a while but who knows.
For whatever reason, I never noticed that. Hmmm. The doll's eyes appear closed. If that is Chachazero, she may be "dead" or something. I'd love for Chachazero to make a return, but I doubt that happens since she'd steal the show.

As to the blood thing, that is something that has been absent from UQ Holder. I realize that Eva can eat normal food, but addressing the whole vampire and need for blood issue is something I'd like to see addressed.

Quote:
Well, no doubt there are some out there who know this spell, who could thus threaten the lives of the UQ Holder members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
umh..... i 'm wondering if the real reason they sent kuroumaru to kill evangeline is to have a mole in the group. They will leave her alone for a while and then ask her to betray the immortal family if she wants to go back to her clan.After all they expected her to fail but not to die("don't return home") so they knew Eve would not kill him/her.
There's certainly a possibility of this happening. However, I didn't get that feeling based on Kuroumaru's flashback. The feeling I got was that they sent Kuroumaru on a suicide mission because Eva is nearly impossible to defeat. If by luck Kuroumaru won, then the clan would take the credit for the kill. If not, then the clan is rid of a cursed member and gets to claim clean hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
We know from word of god that getting artifacts are based on the power of the mage making the contract. It could just be that due to the curse she did not have the power to get one.
I've no doubt that the curse and Mahora barrier prevented Eva from making any pactiones. That's why she had to make a doll contract with Chachamaru. However, I do note that Eva didn't take advantage of the barrier coming down to form a real pactio with Chachamaru as Chachazero was her true partner.

Quote:
inconclusive It's not like it isn't easy to just inscribe that on a blade and Eva does call Chachamaru her Ministra Magi. It also would fit into her use of scare tactics if it is imposable for a doll contract to have an artifact, ie Eva is so big and bad she breaks the laws of magic.
Well yeah, 'cause everyone wants to inscribe the text on a weapon to pretend they are a Ministra Magi. ^_~

I will grant you that Chachamaru being called a Ministra Magi threw me and others off the track for ages. However, as I've reread the manga multiple times while the story progressed, I came to realize that Eva was actually teaching Negi a lesson about the importance of having a partner rather than saying that Chachamaru was her true partner. I remember when I started expressing this, folks blasted me, saying that Chachazero was the former partner and that Chachamaru was the current partner. However, that stopped when it was revealed that Chachamaru only had a doll contract.

Quote:
Hate to be nitpicky but what fighting? All it was was 2 thrown knives (source unknown(could be a spell, her artifact, Eva off screen)) and Zero walking up wielding the big knife while scaring the hell out of her there was no combat.
You forgot Zero racing around Chigasu as well. ^_~

Quote:
The Data books also imply that her personality is Eva's old stage personality so again it points to Zero being a projection of Eva and not an ensdouled being.
I'm not sure what these data books are since I don't have them. ^_^;;;

Quote:
I'm inclined to believe Chachamaru's soul has more to do with her science side the her magic side as it was stated that some of her AI was based off of the Numbra AIs
I would agree there. Thanks to her encounters with Negi, her AI started to evolve to deal with something she hadn't experience before Negi's arrival.

Quote:
There were way too many characters in StrikerS to do anyone justice, so it ended up defaulting back to the core three. While a lot of characters are going to be introduced in UQ Holder, I don't think it will be like StrikerS unless there are a ton of villains coming.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:58   Link #833
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
For whatever reason, I never noticed that. Hmmm. The doll's eyes appear closed. If that is Chachazero, she may be "dead" or something. I'd love for Chachazero to make a return, but I doubt that happens since she'd steal the show.

As to the blood thing, that is something that has been absent from UQ Holder. I realize that Eva can eat normal food, but addressing the whole vampire and need for blood issue is something I'd like to see addressed.
Eva has never shown a need for blood just that by drinking it she can regain her mana quickly. Since the curse has been removed (or the headmaster has been wrighting excuse notes every 30 seconds for over 3 years) she no longer needs it te replenish it through blood.
Quote:

I've no doubt that the curse and Mahora barrier prevented Eva from making any pactiones. That's why she had to make a doll contract with Chachamaru. However, I do note that Eva didn't take advantage of the barrier coming down to form a real pactio with Chachamaru as Chachazero was her true partner.
Given pactios are the magic worlds answer to photo stickers it is highly unlikely Eva could not make one (remember she has her retreat where she isn't as bound) and that assumeing a doll contract requires less magic to make.
Quote:

Well yeah, 'cause everyone wants to inscribe the text on a weapon to pretend they are a Ministra Magi. ^_~

I will grant you that Chachamaru being called a Ministra Magi threw me and others off the track for ages. However, as I've reread the manga multiple times while the story progressed, I came to realize that Eva was actually teaching Negi a lesson about the importance of having a partner rather than saying that Chachamaru was her true partner. I remember when I started expressing this, folks blasted me, saying that Chachazero was the former partner and that Chachamaru was the current partner. However, that stopped when it was revealed that Chachamaru only had a doll contract.
Problem is everyone refers to Chachamaru as Eva's mininstra includeing the author.
Quote:
You forgot Zero racing around Chigasu as well. ^_~
That wasn't in the manga. Manga has Chigasu stop turn around looking for the voice. Then the 2 knives land in front of her and Zero floats down with huge knife and going on about how she will kill her causeing Chigasu to faint.
Quote:

I'm not sure what these data books are since I don't have them. ^_^;;;

I would agree there. Thanks to her encounters with Negi, her AI started to evolve to deal with something she hadn't experience before Negi's arrival.

There were way too many characters in StrikerS to do anyone justice, so it ended up defaulting back to the core three. While a lot of characters are going to be introduced in UQ Holder, I don't think it will be like StrikerS unless there are a ton of villains coming.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2013-10-02 at 16:46.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 12:23   Link #834
AstroNerdBoy

Some spoiler images for chapter 7.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 13:11   Link #835
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Nothing in Negima ever gave any impression of Chachazero being tired with life. She gleefully asked for chances to being active and move around. She enjoyed the thrill of what she did and if anything, complained about never doing enough.
No, but the opening color pages doe suggest that Eva got tired of Chachazero and shut her down.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 13:50   Link #836
chaosprophet

Wow at those spoilers images...
Spoiler for ch7:

EDIT: Oh hey actual chapter out too...
Spoiler for ch7:

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2013-10-04 at 15:28.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 15:41   Link #837
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Chapter 7 is a bit meh - kind of like 6. New characters and concepts are thrown at you but aren't explained enough to make them stick. The series started out on quite the high note but right now it feels like getting in the pool at the deep end.
Old 2013-10-04, 15:52   Link #838
chaosprophet

I actually don't mind that, as the story is just starting, throwing a lot of things to show the readers there is a lot to the story yet, different from the first few chapters where the story was more aimless (where most of the ideas regarding direction was from knowledge from Negima).

As New Tokyo is likely in where Mahora was, my guess they're in some part of the underground library. It was said it actually went very deeper and bigger, and that the library expedition group only really was able to map a short part of it.
Old 2013-10-04, 15:59   Link #839
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
As New Tokyo is likely in where Mahora was, my guess they're in some part of the underground library. It was said it actually went very deeper and bigger, and that the library expedition group only really was able to map a short part of it.
would the 2 run into a certain nemesis of Eva down below
Old 2013-10-04, 16:04   Link #840
Breimoon

So i suppose the boss is some kind of fire god/demon to want to eat fire?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love