Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-13, 03:40   Link #641
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Yukihime stepping on Touta look interesting. I guess Touta is a M for some reason.
Who doesn't want to get stepped on by Evangeline?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 03:49   Link #642
ReddyRedWolf

Given Mana comes from living things and normals can use magic now I suppose Eva is only restraining herself so not to exhaust the Mana pool.

Similar to the reason in Nasuverse why mages do not make themselves public as they would lose power.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 04:10   Link #643
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Given Mana comes from living things and normals can use magic now I suppose Eva is only restraining herself so not to exhaust the Mana pool.

Similar to the reason in Nasuverse why mages do not make themselves public as they would lose power.
Doubtful. Most likely since her time at Mahora, Eva hasn't been doing the things that earned her the nickname "Dark Evangel" in the first place. So since she hasn't been wandering around making a terror of herself, or massively overkilling those that harass her, some people think she's weakend or gone completely soft.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 05:11   Link #644
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Who doesn't want to get stepped on by Evangeline?
Ah ah ah :nono this isn't just being stepped on by her, it's about having her heels grinded into me AAAHHHHH
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 06:03   Link #645
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Ni no Tachi wasn't about raw power though. It's simply such a pure technique that it's absolute against demonic entities to the point where it can damage even RT2 Negi. Swordsmanship is something else of course, but in terms of powerful techniques, Zanmaken Ninotachi is one of the most effective techniques (when it hits).

I particularly like that you can't even use a hostage to hide against it =)
I forgot about the hostage thing, yeah it can select who it attacks. Then it also completely ignore barriers, even very strong ones like the Mage of the Beginning disciples.

Which makes it a fearsome technique, you can only either avoid, or parry. But then if you have someone like Godel that could attack with multiple ones at the same time, that would make it very hard to parry and avoid all.
Old 2013-09-13, 06:58   Link #646
ReddyRedWolf

I think the darker plot lines that Ken wanted to do like Setsuna being ostracized is probably gonna be used here.

Only here Kuromaru is taking Setsuna's place. Another dark plotline I can think of is how Sayo died. Sayo was supposedly murdered by a serial killer around the time Mahora was founded.

Touta may be forced to sire somebody to save them.
Old 2013-09-13, 09:03   Link #647
Pacify

Think I'll pass on this one, Negimas train wreck of an ending left too much of a bad taste, plus its looking pretty mediocre so far
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 09:44   Link #648
kagato3

Quote:
Touta isn't even a teen he is 12.

I have a feeling that Kuromaru is girl as the last two girls are tomboys that went dere for the protagonist as time goes on.
He is around 14. First chapter said he wanted to go to the zoo 2 years ago when he was around 12.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 10:03   Link #649
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
He is around 14. First chapter said he wanted to go to the zoo 2 years ago when he was around 12.
He is 14 but Eva said he's stuck being a twelve year old. Notice he is the shrimp of his gang.

So the implication is that Touta died and Eva resurrected him giving in to the dying Konoe family wish.

But drinking Eva's blood sealed the deal making him permanently immortal.
Old 2013-09-13, 14:00   Link #650
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Spoiler for WOW:
Old 2013-09-13, 18:52   Link #651
mechdra

There seems to be a difference between the way Eva convert Touta and the way she did it with the sports gang back in Negima.Touta did not thirst for bloodso far, he is not under Eva's control and he will not age. On the other hand, Makie is a typical vampire who thirst for blood and Eva got contorl over her. Any explaination?

If the sports gang can be cured from being a vampire, I guess Touta can lose his immortality if he wanted to.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 19:10   Link #652
bludvein

My memory is a little sketchy and I barely remember the Makie vampire incident, but im pretty sure she wasn't even really turned into a vampire. She was just controlled by Eva. Afterwards it was never brought up again.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 20:01   Link #653
chaosprophet

There was a slight mention later where Makie unconsciously makes a comment as if she remembered what happened, although she then she ends up not knowing why she mentioned that. And yeah I don't really remember the sports 4 having a thirst for blood, but just being controlled by Eva.

It does say that by biting she can make people, at least weak people, half vampires and control them, but that can be cured. We don't really know what exactly Eva did with Touta, as for instance Touta may already been dead by that point. We also don't know if it is and how it is different from Eva's own transformation. Also she may be able to exert control on Touta (a common feature on Japanese vampire stories where a vampire can control a vampire they turned) but just wouldn't want to do such a thing to him.

tl;dr - we still know too little about vampires on Akamatsu-verse. We will probably get that info slowly through UQ, as it takes a more important spot on it than Negima.

EDIT: The related info I was able to find on Vetus:
Quote:
Vampire (吸血鬼 kyuuketsuki)
Your classic blood-suckers.

High Daylight Walker (真祖 shinso)
True ancestors. One of the most powerful forms of existence. Humans who became vampires through secret esoterica now lost to time. As their name implies, they are not susceptible to the Sun as traditional vampires are.
By sucking blood, they can turn their victims into puppets, half-vampires with increased physical abilities.
Quote:
Mist of Sleep. A spell which creates a mist capable of making all opponents caught inside it to fall asleep. The hypnotic effect of the mist is quite strong seeing as even Ako and Akira (half-vampirised and thus highly resilient to magic and status effects) were instantly knocked out. As the mist spreads relatively slowly, it can be easily avoided in outdoor areas, but the spell is fearsome in enclosed spaces.
Old 2013-09-14, 07:31   Link #654
Breimoon

well, MC may have drinked only a little bit of blood, the necessary to regenerate but not enough to completly turn into a vampire(more like half??) and when she drunk blood again it reacted with the blood arleady inside and made him into a full vampire
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:26   Link #655
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
More chapters I read, I getting more conviced Kuromaru is girly guy.

In other hands I don't think Eva would be binded by that anti-magic from chapter one if she was in full power. So I do belive she is weaker.
Simple binding spells can affect even the most powerful mages. A full powered Eva did get trapped by one in volume 3, but had Chachamaru "cut" her out immediately. A full powered Fate was also caught in one, but got out in a couple of minutes. Basically, the binding spell is just to tie up the other party long enough to frack them up good.

In the case of Tachibana, he feared Eva enough to not only take six months to find his window of opportunity, but he also had Touta put a bracelet on her that would seal her power and he also got the other boys to bind her to cut off her other abilities. Even then, he still underestimated her.

Quote:
I think the darker plot lines that Ken wanted to do like Setsuna being ostracized is probably gonna be used here.
I totally agree with that. I'm also hoping that in addition to that, the dark side of being a vampire comes into play as well.

Quote:
Another dark plotline I can think of is how Sayo died. Sayo was supposedly murdered by a serial killer around the time Mahora was founded.
That would be another interesting storyline to pursue.

As to vampires, shinso, and the like, as Chaosprophet cited, the Negima manga states that Makie and the others were half-vampire creations of Eva's. I'm not discounting that at all, but I think the best way to look at them is that they were thralls of Eva. They were given some enhanced abilities, are controlled by Eva (more by accepting her commands than pure puppetry, as she does with her dolls), but retain no memories of when they were controlled (though some time after being cured, Makie did call Eva "Eva-sama" briefly, then wondered why she did that and emphatically changed it to "Eva-chan").

Touta became a willing vampire. I'm not sure that he's shinso or not, but he may be. I suspect Eva is powerful enough to make him such, and he isn't displaying any vampire weaknesses so far, unlike Eva after she first became a vampire. I really hope Akamatsu-sensei explores his vampires in greater detail here, including Eva's past.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 22:17   Link #656
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
As to vampires, shinso, and the like, as Chaosprophet cited, the Negima manga states that Makie and the others were half-vampire creations of Eva's. I'm not discounting that at all, but I think the best way to look at them is that they were thralls of Eva. They were given some enhanced abilities, are controlled by Eva (more by accepting her commands than pure puppetry, as she does with her dolls), but retain no memories of when they were controlled (though some time after being cured, Makie did call Eva "Eva-sama" briefly, then wondered why she did that and emphatically changed it to "Eva-chan").

Touta became a willing vampire. I'm not sure that he's shinso or not, but he may be. I suspect Eva is powerful enough to make him such, and he isn't displaying any vampire weaknesses so far, unlike Eva after she first became a vampire. I really hope Akamatsu-sensei explores his vampires in greater detail here, including Eva's past.
one was bitten while the other was given blood. pretty sure having them come out differently is not far fetched.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 06:25   Link #657
chaosprophet

A theory some people have is that the girls who are saying goodbye to Eva on ch1 page 2 second panel are already dead on the current point of the manga. If that was the case then:

Dead:
Makie, Ako, Akira, Yuuna, Konoka, Setsuna, Kaede, Fuuko, Fumika, Asakura, Chisame, Nodoka, Yue, Misora, Natsumi

Alive:
Evangeline, Mana, Zazie, Chachamaru, Asuna, Sayo, Chao, Negi(?)

Alive (but very old?):
Ayaka, Chizuru, Yotsuba, Hakase, Ku Fei, Haruna, Madoka, Misa, Sakurako

This could kinda work. From the ones alive, Asuna could be sealed, so still alive, Chao the time traveler is alive on her own timeline. From the humans, the only ones that would really surprise me to still be alive from that list is the cheerleaders.
Old 2013-09-15, 09:49   Link #658
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
A theory some people have is that the girls who are saying goodbye to Eva on ch1 page 2 second panel are already dead on the current point of the manga. If that was the case then:

Dead:
Makie, Ako, Akira, Yuuna, Konoka, Setsuna, Kaede, Fuuko, Fumika, Asakura, Chisame, Nodoka, Yue, Misora, Natsumi

Alive:
Evangeline, Mana, Zazie, Chachamaru, Asuna, Sayo, Chao, Negi(?)

Alive (but very old?):
Ayaka, Chizuru, Yotsuba, Hakase, Ku Fei, Haruna, Madoka, Misa, Sakurako

This could kinda work. From the ones alive, Asuna could be sealed, so still alive, Chao the time traveler is alive on her own timeline. From the humans, the only ones that would really surprise me to still be alive from that list is the cheerleaders.
2 of the three cheerleaders work and maybe even live in low gravity at the top of the space elevator so there are likely health benefits to that. Sakurako is a living god of luck to the point she interested Fate so no surprise that she would make it past 90. Chizuru is as rich as Ayaka and just as strong willed. For some reason I can see Hakase going all mad scientist and going for a cyborg conversion. Kung Fu masters always live to be some ridiculous age calling it right now she not only around but can give Eva a run for her money in a purely MA fight. Really the ones that surprise me are Yotsuba and Haruna. Yotsuba mainly cause there isn't anything too special about her. Haruna because it is implied she moved to the magical world and even if they did get it stabilized it still seems as if time move a bit faster there.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 21:50   Link #659
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

While Haruna's desire for power was always played for laughs, it still was there. It wouldn't shock me if it included a desire to make herself immortal or long lived, and she has a history of getting what she wants, so I wouldn't put it past her to find herself some means to keep herself alive until now.

As for Yotsuba, she always was portrayed as such a pure and 'healthy' person, it wouldn't surprise me if she has kept herself a very long lived matron. Not to mention perhaps even the Grim Reaper has been intimidated by the only person in the manga who has ever been able to talk down to Evangeline...

Sucks about all the 'dead' girls though, especially since most of my favorites are in that group.
Old 2013-09-16, 08:04   Link #660
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
While Haruna's desire for power was always played for laughs, it still was there. It wouldn't shock me if it included a desire to make herself immortal or long lived, and she has a history of getting what she wants, so I wouldn't put it past her to find herself some means to keep herself alive until now.

As for Yotsuba, she always was portrayed as such a pure and 'healthy' person, it wouldn't surprise me if she has kept herself a very long lived matron. Not to mention perhaps even the Grim Reaper has been intimidated by the only person in the manga who has ever been able to talk down to Evangeline...

Sucks about all the 'dead' girls though, especially since most of my favorites are in that group.
well this is just theory, albeit high percentage of happened, but again i agree, most of character i like is in that group, especially Chisame.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love