Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-10-10, 23:06   Link #861
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
But that's a thing that is very common in Japanese manga and animation. You don't tend to have a truly evil by nature villain. Most of them tend to have a back story that turned them in such a thing, some kind of ends justify the means, someone who wanted to do something good but lost his way in the middle, etc.

EDIT: although true, those 3 are the most near that kind of character.
Unfortunately, it also mean "villains" are so clitche now. Make me wish for the good old days of generic "I am a gangsta because I want to be one" a la Iago.
Old 2013-10-10, 23:26   Link #862
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
*Ahem Tsukuyomi- Aaaahem Quartum- Aaaaahemmmm Secundum, cough cough cough*

Regarding Evangeline, people can change a whole lot in more than sixty years and after losing their Morality Pets. Hell, not showing Eva a changed person beats the point of a long timeskip for her. We know she has changed, but we've seen too little of her to know exactly how. I wouldn't discard anything yet.
The class was never Morality Pets. The whole super evil vampire bit was an act to keep people away. It's pretty clear form her story in 109 she never wanted to hurt anyone but ended up haveing to to survive (and most were in complete self defense ) and due to that she felt she did not deserve everyday happiness. What the class was was the group that helped her come to terms with her past letting her move on from being a hermit. UQ Eva is the natural continuation of old Eva. She has become a rather social person that seems to cling to those everyday happinesses that at one time she state she shouldn't be allowed.

So Eva has changed but every thing points it to being in a positive direction
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 08:51   Link #863
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
What the class was was the group that helped her come to terms with her past letting her move on from being a hermit.
And now she's lost that support group, she might have reversed or even gone further back.

Quote:
So Eva has changed but every thing points it to being in a positive direction
There's a thing called author misdirection. Hell, Akamatsu pulled it before, with things like the Zazie-Poyo confusion or Kanako's existence contradicting Keitaro's prior statements of never having a girl who liked him at all. I'm not saying my theory MUST be true, but I suspect there are several twists coming up, and with so little solid info so far, we can't discard anything.
Old 2013-10-11, 09:45   Link #864
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
And now she's lost that support group, she might have reversed or even gone further back.

There's a thing called author misdirection. Hell, Akamatsu pulled it before, with things like the Zazie-Poyo confusion or Kanako's existence contradicting Keitaro's prior statements of never having a girl who liked him at all. I'm not saying my theory MUST be true, but I suspect there are several twists coming up, and with so little solid info so far, we can't discard anything.
First off precurse Eva didn't want to interact with people thats why she moved to an island to be alone. She only started to open up to people durring the mid point of Negma. The very idea of her createing UQ Holder runs counter to your suggestion that she had a backslide. The point you don't seem to get is Eva was never turely evil. She wasn't going around terroizing people and only killed in self defense and even then limited that to people she felt were unredeemablely evil. She used the big bad evil vampire act to try to scare people away. It is all a show to make it so she wouldn't have to hurt people and in a way punish herself.

Second the existence of UQ Holder and Eva's daily life show Eva has moved on from Negima she is a vasty more social person and put away her doll friends to go out and make real ones. If there was a misdirection it was with the opener as that bitter Eva fits more with the Negima Eva then the one thatIis presented in UQ.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 10:22   Link #865
ChronoReverse

Anyone who could say "We can grow watermelons here, and watermelons are great!" can't be truly evil.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 15:45   Link #866
APNki

Kodansha USA will publish the manga in english: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...dly-sins-manga
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 15:49   Link #867
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by APNki View Post
Kodansha USA will publish the manga in english: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...dly-sins-manga
That was fast. Not really surprising but still fast
Old 2013-10-11, 19:01   Link #868
chaosprophet

So with with this licensed it means we can't post any scans nor raws, talk about scans groups and the like, but we can still discuss the chapters as usual regardless of how we were able to read them?
Old 2013-10-11, 19:03   Link #869
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
So with with this licensed it means we can't post any scans nor raws, talk about scans groups and the like, but we can still discuss the chapters as usual regardless of how we were able to read them?
we can't post scans or talk about scan groups anyway.
Old 2013-10-11, 19:06   Link #870
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩

Quote:
Originally Posted by APNki View Post
Yes. Finally... Now to wait this in Bookstores... :3
Old 2013-10-11, 19:40   Link #871
chaosprophet

I plan to buy the Japanese volumes of UQH, but will also buy the local ones when it's get released here on Brazil (it will very likely be released here, although they may wait the manga actually have a few volumes out in japan).
Old 2013-10-12, 10:58   Link #872
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

only surprise is how quick they grabbed it really ... don't think there were any doubt that Kodansha would grab it at some point ... but that fast?
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 12:37   Link #873
Vahanar
Disabled By Request

There's no chapter this week?
Vahanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 12:37   Link #874
Breimoon

don't know situation in america but maybe he wanted to avoid rivals'??wanted to make sure he was to one to get the series? afterall the mangaka is wellknown
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 15:16   Link #875
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanar View Post
There's no chapter this week?
This week chapter was ch 7. 8 will be out in japan on Wednesday next week. At least some of the people working on it decided to stop releasing early and only releasing together with Japan's date, so we may get them only at the "right" time now.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:45   Link #876
AstroNerdBoy

The Chinese scan is out somewhere, not that I'm interested in that version.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 21:03   Link #877
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

So Ken A. is thinking about retirement once UQ Holder end...
Ancient Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 22:17   Link #878
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Death View Post
I'm hoping it's more of a long Hiatus. I'd really love it if he came back in 5-10 years and I could unexpectedly read a new work from him. It's nice they are publishing it in the U.S. now I can go to the store and buy it instead of ... what I do now.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 10:25   Link #879
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The point you don't seem to get is Eva was never turely evil.
People sometimes goes worse than they were over time, especially after losses, not to mention there's the Well Intentioned Extremist route. The Lifemaker, for instance, wasn't truly 'evil', but he still was a great in-universe threat (even if as a villainous figure, he flopped in the execution) and certainly a danger to those around him.

But we're running in circles here.

Quote:
Any new statement about it? I knew he had said that after announcing he'd do his next series with Kodansha but months before it was announced as UQ Holder, but has he expanded on it since?

It'd be pretty frustrating if he never finishes the Ala Alba story proper and leaves that huge gap unattended.
Old 2013-10-13, 15:29   Link #880
Aleister

So, I just found out this series was out today and wanted to ask if there is some semi official timeline for this. Earlier pages of this thread seem to suggest 2066 because of the graves, but tvtropes along with this
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu...uehpm_2497.jpg
make it out to be 2086. Unless it's a fake.

Akamatsu Ken, do not ruin the only thing you did well in that ending, the yuri wedding. Although I'm guessing that Negi isn't really Touta's grandfather. Negi's wife would be in her late 50's(?) by 2050 assuming it's one of the girls from the class. I'm guessing the mother was from Konoe's family, maybe adopted.
Aleister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love