AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-04, 06:38   Link #201
Wrath88
Kissing...

The hopes of everyone here are riding on you heklin. Once you complete it, the reps you will receive will go up by a LOT.
Old 2006-03-04, 10:26   Link #202
Xebek
Crazed cyborg squirrel

I don't suppose there is a way to find a downloadable version of the game out there and use that along with your translation is there?
Old 2006-03-04, 11:04   Link #203
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebek
I don't suppose there is a way to find a downloadable version of the game out there and use that along with your translation is there?
Being optimistic, i'll assume you mean legally, as in the pay so much to download it directly, like some of the Peach Princess H-games do.

In that case, I doubt it would be available like that. You'd proberly have to buy a hard copy of it, on CD/DVD.

If illegally, then proberly. Proberly most games could be found somewhere but it should be brought really.
Old 2006-03-04, 14:26   Link #204
Enigami

I know this had been posted earlier, but what is the link for the official patch for Shuffle? Im having problems finding it.
Old 2006-03-04, 15:04   Link #205
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigami
I know this had been posted earlier, but what is the link for the official patch for Shuffle? Im having problems finding it.
If you're talking about the official Japanese game patch, you can find it here. Keep in mind, though, that you only need to apply that official patch if you have the Limited Edition version of the game. If you bought a copy of the game recently, you probably don't have the Limited Edition, and so don't need the patch...
Old 2006-03-04, 15:36   Link #206
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
If you're talking about the official Japanese game patch, you can find it here. Keep in mind, though, that you only need to apply that official patch if you have the Limited Edition version of the game. If you bought a copy of the game recently, you probably don't have the Limited Edition, and so don't need the patch...
Any instructions on how to use it? Unzipped it in the install directory and clicked the only button that seems to do anything and it seems pretty quick for it to have worked.
Old 2006-03-04, 15:50   Link #207
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
No, the only legal sources are places like Himeyashop.com and such who sell the CD pack.

In other news:
Yay! Heklin lives! When people our age vanish, everyone thinks the worst

Many thanks to the post with the patch link... I wasn't even aware a patch was out there. But then, I've only messed with the game (I have the LE version) a few hours, mostly to play the "how much of this can *I* read" game.
Old 2006-03-04, 16:23   Link #208
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB
Any instructions on how to use it? Unzipped it in the install directory and clicked the only button that seems to do anything and it seems pretty quick for it to have worked.
Well, it's pretty much the world's most straightforward update procedure. The only thing the 1.1 update does is copy the files in the zip's Data folder to your Shuffle install folder, overwriting the existing files. In fact, you can do this manually yourself, if you want to make sure it worked. That being said, again, it's only designed for the 3-CD Limited Edition version of the game.

Edit: Oh yeah - when you launch the updater program, you're right that only the first button does something. That's "Update", second button is "Exit". Once the update's complete, you can try launching the program, going to the Help menu (the last menu), and choosing "About" (the last option). It should now list the version as 1.1.
Old 2006-03-05, 09:12   Link #209
Xebek
Crazed cyborg squirrel

On the Japanese site, which of the three download links for Shuffle is the right patch? Looking at the site there are three links on the same page for Shuffle and its zip download speical edition version.
Old 2006-03-05, 09:28   Link #210
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
On the Japanese site, which of the three download links for Shuffle is the right patch? Looking at the site there are three links on the same page for Shuffle and its zip download speical edition version.
The one that says Ver1.01.
Old 2006-03-05, 14:17   Link #211
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually... if I"m reading right... the 1.01 version is for TickTack.

The 3 links for shuffle! LE are a
1) 1.1 version patch (what you want)
2) some sort of routine to add when installation problems occur (if it doesn't work they want a call). They call it an extended installer
3) The uninstall routine you have to use if you have to use the extended installer.
Old 2006-03-05, 19:45   Link #212
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Actually... if I"m reading right... the 1.01 version is for TickTack.
I messed up a lil' there.. thats what i get for rushing. >.<;;
Old 2006-03-06, 01:51   Link #213
jiraiya001

So we still have a few moths till the patch comes out? Did I hear that right? Well I'm still awaiting the chance to play it all patched up. Keep up the hard work!
Old 2006-03-06, 01:58   Link #214
phoenixdown110
The Gunslinger Senshi

Send a message via AIM to phoenixdown110 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenixdown110
*waiting patiently* Well either way its great that you're doing this for us and I can't wait for the Tick Tack patch either.
Old 2006-03-06, 12:46   Link #215
Cloud_StrifeAC
Asa-Sempai Lover!! xD

Send a message via AIM to Cloud_StrifeAC Send a message via MSN to Cloud_StrifeAC
Unhappy

Hey my zip file for the update wont work when i try to extract it.
It says error while trying to extract and stuff and won t work. I have the LE aswell. Why wont it work can anyone help me here??
Its a shame cause if i dont get this update, the patch wont work right??
Old 2006-03-06, 13:06   Link #216
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

*Waits for translation*

Now all I need is a KgNE translation patch
Old 2006-03-06, 13:13   Link #217
EdenB
Overlord

@ Cloud_StrifeAC: Try redownloading the update? It may be corrupt. Otherwise try opening it with another program, for instance Winzip, rather than Winrar.

@Circular_Logic: Wait five or so years, then visit this website: http://www.geocities.com/kgnetranslation/main.html

@Jiraiya: Where did you get the figure of a few months from? Though if other editing projects are examples, it may be about right. It seems to take a lot of work.
Old 2006-03-06, 13:38   Link #218
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB
@Circular_Logic: Wait five or so years, then visit this website: http://www.geocities.com/kgnetranslation/main.html
Hmmm...thanks for the link. Interesting. On another note, if this stalls, I'd love to try and patch the game myself. Assuming I could get a Japanese-English translator, of course <_<
Old 2006-03-06, 15:56   Link #219
Cloud_StrifeAC
Asa-Sempai Lover!! xD

Send a message via AIM to Cloud_StrifeAC Send a message via MSN to Cloud_StrifeAC
Well i got it to work thanks to EdenB, Now when i click on the navel update a japanese box comes up and disables the firstbox that i could have clicked on so i could on click on Readme, or a vox of japanese with ?? written on it. Now was the box supposed to disable and the ?? was the update to work?
Old 2006-03-06, 16:04   Link #220
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_StrifeAC
Well i got it to work thanks to EdenB, Now when i click on the navel update a japanese box comes up and disables the firstbox that i could have clicked on so i could on click on Readme, or a vox of japanese with ?? written on it. Now was the box supposed to disable and the ?? was the update to work?
The fact that the button's disabled should mean that the update's installed. See what I posted earlier... the first button is update, the second is exit. To check if the update's installed, load the game, select the last menu, last menu item. The version should say 1.10 now.
Closed Thread