AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-11, 05:26   Link #61
Kazu-kun

This episode was nice. We got some world-building by introducing other spirits, including benign ones. We're shown that Miko's very perceptive and protective of her friend. And we got a nice (if somewhat obvious) message to cap it all up.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2021-10-11 at 07:48.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-11, 10:39   Link #62
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Where is the comedy? I mostly just feel bad for the main character.
I had a good kek with Miko-chan responding to Hana's "It's so cute, my heart can't take it!" "...same here." when it was about the scary thing attached to said cute kitty. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
One good thing I can say about episode 2 is that I'm glad to see the two nekomatas clinging to the yakuza-guy's back. Aside from being nice from the story standpoint, it's also nice in a meta-way coz we finally see variety of spirits & apparition aside from the dark & gloomy humanoids.
The two nekomatas and the wife spirit show that there are "good" or at least normal looking spirits but those seem pretty rare compared to all the creepy and scary ones who seem to be looking for people who can see them. After all why else ask Miko all the time if she can see them?
That also raises the question where all the good spirits are? Like do they just leave and only some chose to stay behind as some sort of protective spirit guardian?

And what was up with the creepy ghost from the kitty? It clearly was attached to it and the kitty was able of seeing it given it looked at it and hold a paw against it. Yet when the handsome guy with his creepy animal spirits showed up it went into a frenzy and its so far stable body suddenly started to warp and flicker. There seem to be forces at work here which we don't know about yet.

Same with why all those spirits stood in line to get eaten by a giant monster spirit in the alley-way. Like why let yourself be eaten at all? What's in there for you? Is this some sort of suicide hotline for scary ghosts who rather merge with a bigger ghost than remain on their own? And why is it eating all those spirits? Just to grow bigger/stronger or something else?

I like how the episode keeps us guessing and knowing as much as Miko-chan does. Poor girl does her best to ignore all those creepy, staring intensely at her best friend giving her the yuri feels, lol, getting her her phone and not flinching when the head started screaming (I would have flinched), trying to save Hana from groping Mcgrope ghost who goes after the sexy nurse in the end (we don't see it here but in an extra page of the manga it is shown that she uses her own perfume which exorcises the groping ghost) and then trying to keep her heart beating when the cute kitty is paired up with another creepy spirit.
Miko standing up to handsome nice smiling guy to not give him the kitty and handing it over to the hardcore looking Yakuza type of guy was a nice bonus from the freshly gained spirit eye Miko now owns. At least she got Nyansuke a good and caring home. <3

It is interesting that alcohol seemed to have done something to the spirit. So real things can influence them which also means spirit should be able to influence real things as well. Seems bacteria killing alcohol alone ain't quite cutting it yet though. Miko needs to up her exorcist levels.^^
Old 2021-10-11, 11:23   Link #63
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
It is interesting that alcohol seemed to have done something to the spirit.
It might be that the spirit simply reacted to the shirt becoming see-through considering its apparent proclivities.

At any rate neither that nor the salt were effective which suggests that the traditional Japanese systems to get rid of evil spirits don't really work in this story's universe.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-11, 12:34   Link #64
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It might be that the spirit simply reacted to the shirt becoming see-through considering its apparent proclivities.

At any rate neither that nor the salt were effective which suggests that the traditional Japanese systems to get rid of evil spirits don't really work in this story's universe.
Hm, maybe.

As for the salt, maybe it wasn't "pure" or purified enough? Last episode we could see that the salt was "dropping" or "kicked" away from the perfect mountain Miko-chan had put down. Would be funny if the donut bracelet have more of an effect than the alcohol and salt so far.
Old 2021-10-11, 14:59   Link #65
James Rye

Spoiler for Found the Author's comic strip about the origins of Mieruko-chan:

So the Wife had the eye for the golden opportunity.^^

Spoiler for I (best friend) ship those two cuties <3:

Hana saying her line about Miko-chan confessing to her is just adding fuel to the yuri fire. xD
Old 2021-10-14, 10:57   Link #66
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Post Credits scene gave me feels.
Old 2021-10-14, 12:19   Link #67
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Spoiler for Found the Author's comic strip about the origins of Mieruko-chan:

So the Wife had the eye for the golden opportunity.^^
Same thing happened to Stephen King btw. His wife saved some of King's best stories from the trash-can and encouraged him to continue writing them. One of them is Carrie that launched his career.
Old 2021-10-17, 09:51   Link #68
EroKing

Episode 3

That was another solid ep this week. A yandere ghost and another one who was too OP for prayer beads. Loving how it is slowly progressing with the plot.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 08:29.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-17, 15:05   Link #69
James Rye

Macho bald guys for the rescue! And this is how Miko-chan became a huge fan of THE ANACONDA!!! XD
The change from normal looking humans to scary ghosts for Miko is interesting. Like she seems to see them as normal humans if she ain't looking too closely/not wasting too much thought on them but once she does they seem to transform into their real selfs before her eyes.

Oh boy, that handsome guy has a fearsome fangirl following him and lol, his girlfriend is on a whole other level than him, look at that crowd! Makes me wonder if those spirits were their former lovers, if so wow girl, or people who died with one-sided feelings for those two. Or perhaps those spirits aren't even connected to those two at all and follow them only because they are hot. Or maybe it is some sort of karma thing like with the other hot guy who wanted the kitty but Miko didn't handed it over and the other spirit decided to follow that guy than the kitty? If so then that woman must be rotten to the core compared to that guy who hit on a high school girl while potentially already cheating on his girlfriend (since we have no idea if the one he talked to on the phone is the same he meet today).

Awww, poor Miko getting her hopes up when the beads seem to work just to see them shattered into well marbles on the floor. That stinks. That itchy one was real creepy...

Godmother is a con! A con! But she does seem to be able to sort of sense/see ghosts as well though not as clearly as Miko does. We also get to see Hana's aura and dayum, that is oozing all over the place like some flame or something. So given Godmother's explanation, that means Hana is drawing a lot of spirits to her, which would explain all the stuff happening at her home, but the spirits cannot touch her due her aura like some force shield. Poor Miko ain't got such a convenient aura. And even the strongest beads from Godmother are useless against so much creepiness, so much for your "prime", grandma. Good thing she went back to her son's house before her back gives out on her.

Okay, salt is gone, alcohol ain't really working and prayer beads are useless. What's left for Miko to up her defense?
Old 2021-10-17, 18:08   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The French translation for the oshiri daifuku was pretty witty (Daifukucul, with cul being pronounced the same as ku and meaning ass). The whole exchange between Hana and Miko over that was hilarious.

Miko's situation is looking pretty hopeless. Not only did the actual juzu of a spirit medium not work, her best friend is a spirit magnet and she has no idea. Maybe that twintail girl will tell her so the ED shows us she can faintly see spirits. I guess a possible solution would be to find a good and strong spirit to act as a bodyguard. Right now she isn't even safe in her own house.
Old 2021-10-17, 19:15   Link #71
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Imagine the torture she must endure living with (former) lovers she must not see because they'll go crazy out of jealousy.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2021-10-17 at 19:33.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-17, 21:18   Link #72
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Miko maybe she should of listen to Hana and got her money from those prayer beads she bought
Old 2021-10-17, 22:27   Link #73
Gerard07

Seen the anime chapters, I like the story, as well as the protagonist, it is somewhat funny and I am interested to know what will happen later, to wait for the next chapters.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-17, 22:49   Link #74
Kazu-kun

Miko needs to learn how to exorcise spirits. Heck, maybe she already has the ability but doesn't know how to use it. We'll see.
Old 2021-10-18, 17:24   Link #75
Wandering Soul

Miko is running out of options here. Salt, prayer beads, and even a medium could not help. I'm not seeing too many options left for her.
Old 2021-10-19, 08:13   Link #76
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It could have been at least something if the prayer beads simply didn't work with the strongest spirits, as it was shown that they were effective with the minor ones.

But no... the strongest spirits destroy the beads so they can no longer help with minor spirits either.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-22, 04:03   Link #77
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Miko is running out of options here. Salt, prayer beads, and even a medium could not help. I'm not seeing too many options left for her.
Old 2021-10-24, 13:01   Link #78
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 08:27.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 13:05   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ah, they pull The Sixth Sense twist. Alright, that's neat. Shyamalan would be proud.
Old 2021-10-24, 13:52   Link #80
James Rye

Damn, that pudding scene was a tearjerker. Especially with the dad apologizing, not knowing that his daughter can see and hear him. The bed scene at the start was lewder in the manga and the running down the stairs thinking of the pudding waaaaaaaaaaaay cuter as well. But they really upped the bathroom scene and made the whole dad thing double sad. Just missing Miko-chan's thoughts that she doesn't what to think of being able to see her dad again...

Hana sure is cheating getting all those calories into her boobs instead onto her waist. xD
Little brother is worried about his big sis (I totally bet that twintail girl at school likes him^^) having a bad boyfriend and even trying to confirm if she got any hickeys, lol. And thank god he did because that bad dream and that creepy ghost in the bathroom were really too much for poor Miko. Same for the tiny old men ending up at a huge old man with an extra face for his genitals. Also the whole bad breath thing is evil! Not only being forced to hear and see ghosts but also smell them? Damn, poor girl. At least the gods are on her side sending her a thieving crow to save her butt, cost: A single 500 yen coin.

The TV show shown normally and then from Miko-chan's view was excellent, it explains why Kyousuke thinks his sis is acting weird while also showing us how much those spirits are messing with her daily life, even on TV. That one actress with all those hands over her hair, body and throat probably won't live for long...

So I get why the dad is still with the family, I wouldn't want to leave such a hot wife alone either, but what the heck is that weird hairy ghost thingie licking Miko-chan's food!?! Like seriously, the dad even talks normally to it like it is some sort of person or pet or whatever. I wonder if Miko will ever be able to talk to her dad sometimes in the future...

Tags
comedy, horror