AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2008-02-27, 18:44   Link #61
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
Another Holocaust, Rape of Nanking, or Unit 731 situation happening again. Very scary and sad stuff what happened in these three situations. Though, the Rape of Nanking and Unit 731 are related.
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 22:29   Link #62
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
Sometimes, I see a person I find so despicable that I can envision easily killing that person, either by a sudden elbow to the back of the head, stabbing through th eye with a pencil, etc. I suddenly realize how easy it is, how within grasp it is, to take someone else's life. And then I think that the only thing preventing me from doing so is the thin barrier called "common sense." And when I observe myself thinking thusly, THAT scares me.
mm, i fear the same thing as you do, in a way. the only difference is that sometimes those thoughts are sometimes directed at normal people, as if some part deep down inside me wants to do something for the sake of seeing what happens next. thankfully i also have a wall of common sense which keeps me in check all the time. it is, without a doubt, unbelievably scary.

as for the other scary thoughts -- being surrounded by frogs, burning alive, black holes, frogs, being poked by needles, disembowelment, and frogs.

Last edited by aka Providence; 2008-02-27 at 22:40.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 22:38   Link #63
Tran225

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
mm, i fear the same thing as you do, in a way. the only difference is that sometimes those thoughts are sometimes directed at normal people, as if some part deep down inside me wants to do something for the sake of seeing what happens next. thankfully i also have a wall of common sense which keeps me in check all the time. it is, without a doubt, unbelievably scary.

as for the other scary thoughts -- being surrounded by frogs, burning alive, black holes, frogs, being poke by needles, disembowelment, and frogs.
black holes eh? interesting.... i always had imagination about being sucked into a black hole, i wouldnt mind being sucked up to one if i was about to die... i might go to a new universe or some new earth or something haha... a fear that i have is.... ghost... although some people might say that stuff is not real i truely believe in it because believe or not theres taoist or whatnot in china that can actaully talk to them and i believe it because i was there myself with my family when my family paid a taoist some $$ to speak with our great grand parents.
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 22:41   Link #64
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran225 View Post
black holes eh? interesting.... i always had imagination about being sucked into a black hole, i wouldnt mind being sucked up to one if i was about to die... i might go to a new universe or some new earth or something haha... a fear that i have is.... ghost... although some people might say that stuff is not real i truely believe in it because believe or not theres taoist or whatnot in china that can actaully talk to them and i believe it because i was there myself with my family when my family paid a taoist some $$ to speak with our great grand parents.
Black holes always seem so absolute in my mind. I can imagine how terrifying one of those would be.
Old 2008-02-27, 22:45   Link #65
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Meh, my fears of a black hole or such went away when I studied Astronomy. In short, black holes don't "suck" anything in. The only truth is that nothing escapes from a black hole. Most people don't realize that you just orbit around the black hole...but just can't escape (unless for some reason you TRY to go towards it). There's nothing about being sucked in or anything like that.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 22:53   Link #66
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Meh, my fears of a black hole or such went away when I studied Astronomy. In short, black holes don't "suck" anything in. The only truth is that nothing escapes from a black hole. Most people don't realize that you just orbit around the black hole...but just can't escape (unless for some reason you TRY to go towards it). There's nothing about being sucked in or anything like that.
Don't you start going towards it once your orbital speed is not enough to keep you from "falling" into it?
Old 2008-02-27, 23:18   Link #67
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post

as for the other scary thoughts -- being surrounded by frogs, burning alive, black holes, frogs, being poked by needles, disembowelment, and frogs.
I know what you mean by doing something just to see what happens. I mean, the common sense is always there, but just envisioning myself doing something horrible, like killing someone or hurting somehow, really scares the hell out of me.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 23:31   Link #68
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
$cientology taking over the world.
Old 2008-02-27, 23:41   Link #69
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Err, zombies.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 00:46   Link #70
Riktasi
The Chrome Python

Send a message via AIM to Riktasi
Here's my scary thought: living forever, especially in one crappy stage of life (like being an elementary school kid forever).

Strike fast. Strike hard. Never stop until victory is yours.
Riktasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 04:07   Link #71
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
The thought that scares me the most, and which annoys the hell out of me for thinking, is death.

Not being religious, (and not wanting to start a religious debate, so please don't being it up) I really can't come to believe in heaven as most believe. I hate knowing the thought that once I die, I'll never wake up. I'll never see, hear, talk, or move ever again, and I'll end up causing so much grief to my loved ones with my passing. I'm also bothered that I might die before I'm ready to. To be denied all the experiences, opportunities, and dreams I had planned. Those thoughts truly disturb me, and on some occaisional nights, I didn't sleep because of it.

Of course, I suppose it's a natural fear, since all beings want to preserve their lives, but it's one of the few things that truly scare me these days.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 04:15   Link #72
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
Err, zombies.
Its Freddy Kruger for me. I know the series is a bit lame now, but the thought of someone invading my dreams is just too weird. Well I wouldn't mind Sui and Sou, but not the blade handed one
Old 2008-02-28, 05:53   Link #73
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
one other thought i'm scared of is prophecies, especially ones that deal with the end of the world. it's not really fear, but more like frustation when things are going exactly right after some writing on the wall (metaphorically) and we're all just caught up with it.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 07:15   Link #74
Amray

The Sun Exploding. As we all know the Sun is a star and stars are exploding all the time. I know scientist say that it could last about 1Million years longer, but still..

Also Meteors are hitting the Moon all the time (Hence the craters) and our planet is very close. I'm always afraid that one might hit here one day.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 08:16   Link #75
Sodagod
Nightcrawler
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post

Also Meteors are hitting the Moon all the time (Hence the craters) and our planet is very close. I'm always afraid that one might hit here one day.
Google for Apophis.
Old 2008-02-28, 08:27   Link #76
Amray

Thanks for that.....I feel a lot better now..

Great, it supposed to come 4 days before my 36th Birthday too. XD
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 10:14   Link #77
Irkalla
I asked for this

I'm scared of dying, or is that I just don't want to?
Old 2008-02-28, 10:24   Link #78
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
my friends made me watch a beheading on snuff yersterday so I'm afraid that might happen to me one day. it was really disguting, they didn't even give the guy a quick beheading.. poor guy and it took them a long time to get the head of the body. Now I totally support the war in Iraq, kill all them all !

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 10:33   Link #79
Dxon
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
my friends made me watch a beheading on snuff yersterday so I'm afraid that might happen to me one day. it was really disguting, they didn't even give the guy a quick beheading.. poor guy and it took them a long time to get the head of the body. Now I totally support the war in Iraq, kill all them all !
Finally another one thinks the same as I do.

I say just drop a 100 or more carpet bombs (Or some big ass bombs. Just enough to wipe them all out ) on freaking whole:
- Iraq
- Iran
- Afghanistan
- Pakistan
- Israel
- and whole Africa.

Solves one hell of a problem. Well.. One.. A lot!
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 11:47   Link #80
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
Finally another one thinks the same as I do.

I say just drop a 100 or more carpet bombs (Or some big ass bombs. Just enough to wipe them all out ) on freaking whole:
- Iraq
- Iran
- Afghanistan
- Pakistan
- Israel
- and whole Africa.

Solves one hell of a problem. Well.. One.. A lot!
Why not just whipe out humanity ? might go faster
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote