AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-29, 17:15   Link #921
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Their wedding will be ch.5 in Aoki's manga, and when she releases it they will take it for real, thus the marriage happens without them having to be present! Whack, I know, but this is manga.
Old 2010-01-30, 14:46   Link #922
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
*joins the EijixIwase flag raising
It's especially weird to think about when you remember the fact that he's actually the older one. Iwase is in Takagi's grade I believe and Eiji is a year above that. And yet she seems like the more mature one and he's still like a crazy kid.
Old 2010-02-05, 07:59   Link #923
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for 72:
Old 2010-02-05, 10:29   Link #924
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Spoiler for 72:
Spoiler for 72:

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-02-05, 11:28   Link #925
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 72:
Old 2010-02-05, 12:13   Link #926
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

anyone else notice Aoki's reaction on the bottom left panel on page 15
Old 2010-02-05, 12:34   Link #927
velvet nightmare

yeah i noticed that look of shock as well lol

as always, it's a pleasure to see niizuma's drastic hand motions, it really compliments his character well.
Old 2010-02-05, 15:21   Link #928
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Q: Does anyone know how to contact Tsugumi Ohba???
Old 2010-02-05, 15:27   Link #929
Kafriel
Senior Guest

There's three of them on Facebook, doubt there's a real one BUT if you're interested enough, you could try good old letters, although I have no idea as to how you can get his current address.
Old 2010-02-05, 19:02   Link #930
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for page 72:
Old 2010-02-06, 15:47   Link #931
Xagzan

Soo..did Eiji really just burst out of a bag of feathers to greet Iwase? So much awesome.

But what was up with the way she greeted him? She said pleased to meet you in English (why?) and then he fell on the floor (why?) I didn't get what those reactions there were about. And I thought she had been looking forward to meeting him.
Old 2010-02-06, 16:06   Link #932
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Dunno why she said it in english rly, but he came out of a sack and fell over because her reaction was less enthusiastic than he might have expected.
Old 2010-02-06, 16:44   Link #933
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

That's probably one of the few English phrases I'm sure most Japanese will undoubtedly understand. Kind of like how most American English speakers know what arigatou means. I think she was doing it to be formal, and to show off. Eiji is a big shot when it comes to manga and she's a newbie, so she probably just wanted to make a good impression. Speaking another language generally gets that feeling across, especially if you can deliver it fluently, which I assume she did. She's Iwase, afterall. xD
Old 2010-02-06, 19:26   Link #934
Xagzan

Meh. Seems kind of convoluted. But in any case, I hope at least 1 person of Team Fukuda, since they've all realized she's just like Aoki was, will try to break her shell like they were able to do with Aoki.
Old 2010-02-06, 20:16   Link #935
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Meh. Seems kind of convoluted. But in any case, I hope at least 1 person of Team Fukuda, since they've all realized she's just like Aoki was, will try to break her shell like they were able to do with Aoki.
she is working with eji that is more then enough to break her...shell i mean.
Old 2010-02-06, 23:40   Link #936
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
she is working with eji that is more then enough to break her...shell i mean.
That is, if they actually start working together in the same room like every other mangaka team. But as of now, that doesn't look like it will be happening any time soon.
Old 2010-02-07, 08:22   Link #937
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Soo..did Eiji really just burst out of a bag of feathers to greet Iwase? So much awesome.

But what was up with the way she greeted him? She said pleased to meet you in English (why?) and then he fell on the floor (why?) I didn't get what those reactions there were about. And I thought she had been looking forward to meeting him.
Wasn't that a trashbag?
Old 2010-02-07, 10:55   Link #938
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
That is, if they actually start working together in the same room like every other mangaka team. But as of now, that doesn't look like it will be happening any time soon.
Yes, I doubt they'll start working in the same room. It doesn't seem like they need to, plus Eiji has another series to worry about, and having Iwase around would only distract him. Ohba and Obata themselves don't work at the same place, they only meet with their editor. At least, that's how it was during Death Note, and I don't think they changed it.

Iwase will probably be a tough nut to crack, and I think Hattori will play a huge part in this. I hope they'll have meetings together with Eiji, it would be very fun to see.
Old 2010-02-07, 11:17   Link #939
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Yes, I doubt they'll start working in the same room. It doesn't seem like they need to, plus Eiji has another series to worry about, and having Iwase around would only distract him. Ohba and Obata themselves don't work at the same place, they only meet with their editor. At least, that's how it was during Death Note, and I don't think they changed it.

Iwase will probably be a tough nut to crack, and I think Hattori will play a huge part in this. I hope they'll have meetings together with Eiji, it would be very fun to see.
Yeah now that you mention Hattori, when Iwase told everyone she didn't need anyone's opinion on her story, I was thinking, well you sure liked having Hattori's help didn't you?
Old 2010-02-09, 09:29   Link #940
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
It's different. Hattori's work to help her. It's natural to hear him out. While other mangakas are actually rivals and Iwase sees them as enemies instead of friends. Especially regarding work.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen