Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-05, 14:29   Link #1
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Need recommendations on anime like Da Capo, Gift, sibling romancish

I'm not necessarily for incest and such, but anime's dealing with romance between siblings or cousins interests me. When I search incest animes they usually turn out to be hentai which I do NOT want...and from those searches, I kinda don't really like saying "I like incest animes" makes me sound eh, you know. I just like normal, PG rated romance animes dealing with love between siblings or cousins and what not.

But yeah, if you catch my drift, a few suggestions on what to watch would be nice. This is what I've seen so far:
Da Capo - all seasons
Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~
Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka
Kannon (really isn't much, but I see hints of it here and there)

~Thanks!~

Edit, more to be added to the list that I forgot to add:
Angel Sanctuary
Koi Kaze
Canvas 2
Kaze no Stigma
Aki-Sora
Boku Wa Imouto
W Wish
Shuffle

Last edited by barcode120x; 2010-05-10 at 15:56.
Old 2010-04-05, 16:41   Link #2
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

The first one that comes to my mind is Candy Boy. But it's yuri.
Another is Angel Sanctuary.
Old 2010-04-05, 17:34   Link #3
jedinat

Well, Koi Kaze is an obvious recommendation. It's a bit more serious and less... eroge/harem than those you've listed though.
Old 2010-04-05, 18:16   Link #4
Autumn Demon
~

canvas2

;;;;
Old 2010-04-05, 20:23   Link #5
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Thanks! Already saw Koi Kaze, though I haven't seen it in years so I'm re-downloading it now. I've also seen Canvas 2, a bit so-so IMO. I'll stay away from Candy Boy ._., Angel Sanctuary was a bit short (OVA =/), I'm kinda looking for series-long anime.

Kaze no Stigma was another one I already watched.

Sorry I only listed 4 even though I watched some of the stated animes, I just couldn't remember some of them, but keep the suggestions coming! ^_^
Old 2010-04-07, 03:06   Link #6
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

~Bump~

Any other suggestions? ._.
Old 2010-04-10, 00:18   Link #7
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Aki-Sora has incest but its pretty close to being a hentai since it has a sex scene in it. If you like it, then you should read the manga as well.

Boku wa Imouto wo Koi Suru is an OVA as well like Aki-Sora. Its about a pair of twins who falls in love with one another.

If you are looking for some manga that has incest-related contents, you might want to try:

Onii-chan control (Yandere imouto)
Ore no imouto ga konna ni kawaii wake ga nai (Perverted imouto)
Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki ja Nain dakara ne (Tsundere imouto)

I hope I helped out a bit. =D
Old 2010-04-10, 21:55   Link #8
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Ah, thanks Fate. Watched Aki-Sore, a bit too...well more on the ends of Hentai genre IMO xP. Boku wa Imouto was also another one I had watched long ago but didn't list. I'm more interested in Anime rather than Manga too.

Thanks for the suggestions! Need more! xD
Old 2010-04-14, 15:05   Link #9
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

~bump~

Hoping for more suggestions xP.
Old 2010-04-15, 09:26   Link #10
Ash Falls Town

http://myanimelist.net/anime/577/Kag...ice_Rinbukyoku
Kagihime. From the start it does just seem like normal bro-con but it's actually quite central to the plot.

EDIT:
I couldn't remember it last time but there's also
Myself;Yourself

Last edited by Ash Falls Town; 2010-04-17 at 01:21. Reason: Remembered new title
Old 2010-04-16, 18:19   Link #11
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Alright thanks! Downloading as we speak!

~any more suggestions?~
Old 2010-04-21, 21:27   Link #12
Ramsey33

Koi Kaze is best one .....
"Koi Kaze" is about a man named Koushirou, who has given up all hope of finding love or happiness after discovering that his partner has fallen out of love with him. Since then, he's been going through the motions of his life but hasn't actually been living it........
Old 2010-04-22, 15:44   Link #13
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey33 View Post
Koi Kaze is best one .....
"Koi Kaze" is about a man named Koushirou, who has given up all hope of finding love or happiness after discovering that his partner has fallen out of love with him. Since then, he's been going through the motions of his life but hasn't actually been living it........
Saw it, it's on the list in the thread if you didn't see, but thanks!

Need more suggestions!
Old 2010-04-24, 22:56   Link #14
Autumn Demon
~

w wish

;;;;;
Old 2010-05-10, 14:43   Link #15
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

~bumpin this old thread~
Hoping for other suggsetions!

Also saw W Wish, a bit too old IMO xP.
Old 2010-05-10, 15:15   Link #16
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

IIRC, Vampire Knight fits pretty well. I'm not really sure if I should say more as it could be seen as some pretty big spoilers if I do.

Code Geass maybe? There are some semi-romantic tones in it, and it's certainly of blood relationship status. No real romance though, more of like "i'd do anything for you" type thing.

The following kind of stretch the definition of what you're looking for some, but could work.

Odd as it may sound, from what I remember parts of Lucky Star may actually work. One father likes his daughter way too much. Again not so much dating and such like Da Capo and Gift and such though.

If you include not blood related but really close like a brother/sister (right down to calling each other bro and sis, and living together and all that) then check out Shuffle! Shuffle! shares some similarities to Da Capo/Gift, just the circumstances are different.

Gunslinger Girl may also work, but follows the "Shuffle!" line of really close but not actually related. All the girls are paired with a "Dad" who isn't related to them, but they get REALLY close to.

Towards the later seasons and end of the series there are also some romantic tones between very close friends in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

Finally, it's been way too long since I've seen the series to be sure, but I believe there are some cousin-love type thing in Love hina. For some reason I just can't shake one of the chars interested in the main char being a cousin or something. But I could be totally wrong.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2010-05-10, 15:56   Link #17
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

@ Cynor
Thanks for all the suggestions, I've actually seen all of those except for Lucky Star which I'll look into. Will update my list, there's so many I've seen I've lost track of a lot of them so I don't quite remember the ones that dealt with sibling romance.

For the sibling romance, I meant like, a LOT of romance. Vampire Knight doesn't have sibling romance from what I recall, neither does Code Geass. Maybe you thought I wanted romance in addition to sibling romance, but it's all good.

I haven't seen Shuffle in awhile so I may re-download that one, as for Gunslinger Girl too.

I just recently finished watching Love Hina for like the 5th time and it's awesome. There is the cousin-romance thing but only in I think it's the Summer OVA/movie-ish section, but not in the actual series itself.

Thanks again!

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Old 2010-05-10, 17:41   Link #18
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
@ Cynor
Thanks for all the suggestions, I've actually seen all of those except for Lucky Star which I'll look into. Will update my list, there's so many I've seen I've lost track of a lot of them so I don't quite remember the ones that dealt with sibling romance.

For the sibling romance, I meant like, a LOT of romance. Vampire Knight doesn't have sibling romance from what I recall, neither does Code Geass. Maybe you thought I wanted romance in addition to sibling romance, but it's all good.

I haven't seen Shuffle in awhile so I may re-download that one, as for Gunslinger Girl too.

I just recently finished watching Love Hina for like the 5th time and it's awesome. There is the cousin-romance thing but only in I think it's the Summer OVA/movie-ish section, but not in the actual series itself.

Thanks again!

Maybe it's just been awhile since I've seen it, but I coulda sworn that in Vampire Knight

Spoiler for Vampire Knight Spoilers:

Also, for Code Geass, I personally thought I sort of got a vibe between Lelouch and a couple chars he's related to, but again like I said it wasn't as much a romance as an I'd do anything for you type thing... I mean

Spoiler for Code Geass Spoilers:

Finally, with what you said about a lot of sibling romance I'd rule out Lucky Star. It follows closer to just mentioning things here and there than something like Da Capo. It's still a good series though and worth a watch anyways. You may want to watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya first though. Lucky Star is basically a parody series, and due to various things, Haruhi is ground zero for it if you will.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2010-05-11, 11:26   Link #19
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Vampire Knight definitely fits in 'blood-related couple' romance. You need to get into it pretty far (I think somewhere past the halfway mark of the 2nd season?) in order to find it out though.

If you have no qualms about quality, animation, etc..

Asagiri no Miko - cousin (first IIRC)

Elfen Lied - cousin (first IIRC). Lots of violence though

Mahoraba - second cousin

Tsubasa - errr... it getting a little complicated is a BIG understatement. You can skip this one, as it doesn't really get into it until later on in the second season IIRC

Honey and Clover - if you count him being her father's cousin and about 7 years or so her senior. The thing your looking for is rather small in the series, or it might not apply at all, but EXCELLENT show otherwise

Kamisama Kazoku - while technically not brother/sister, they were pretty much brought up in the same household. You can say she is the adopted sister in all but name, kinda like in Shuffle (where AFAIK, there's no cousins nor 'real' sibling relationships, but two people brought up like brother/sister)

Sola - white haired girl is big sister of protagonist

Tactical Roar - stepsiblings

True Tears - Again, like Shuffle, in that the two are brought up like brother and sister in all but name, even though they're not blood related... or are they?

KissXSis - stepsiblings. A bit TOO ecchi for my tastes though, like Aki Sora

Of the above, I recommend to try out True Tears first. It skirts the idea of incest rather pretty well, if you ask me. Anymore than that, and I'd be spoiling things. (related show: Kamisama Kazoku, which as I said before is like Shuffle as well)

Then, if you don't mind slice-of-life comedy, then Mahoraba: Heartful Days. I've always found that show charming, as it made me laugh and it touched my heart a few times along the series. (related show: Honey and Clover, in terms of it being more comedy/slice-of-life)

Finally, if you can get past the extreme violence, Elfen Lied. The story itself is pretty unique, and ended rather nicely and neatly even when its source was still going on at that time. (related show: Sola, which you might try as it isn't nearly as violent, but has a good number of action)

EDIT:
If you want even MORE examples....
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...KissingCousins
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...erIncest/Anime

Can't personally vouch if your preferred couple wins in those stories though...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2010-05-11 at 11:38.
Old 2010-05-11, 11:34   Link #20
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

@ Cynor
Well I guess you're kinda right about Vampire Knight, I just didn't really pay much attention to the "brother".

Spoiler for Code Geass:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya, I hated it, Lol, that's all I have to say :P.

Thanks!

@ DragoonKain3
oOo so many animes I haven't heard of in a long time/watched in awhile (except for Elfen Lied, KissxSis, and True Tears).

I'll go ahead and check out Asagiri no Miko, Tsubasa (never watched this), Sola, and Kamisama Kazoku.

I actually have Mahoraba,Tactical Roar, and True Tears already on my PC and watched, more animes which I have not listed down >_<.

Thanks again!

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Closed Thread