AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 9.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 45.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 45.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-28, 01:52   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-04-29, 13:10   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Isumi and Sakuya are two of my favorites among the side characters. Sakuya's aspiring comedian nature and Isumi's naturally comedic nature (and deadpan style) make them a perfect fit for each other. Their roles kinda decreased as the seasons went on, but if it's only for this week, I'm glad to have them in the spotlight once again. Isumi's half of the episode was wonderful - though Fumi once again stole the show. Kana Asumi at her Nyarko-est, bouncing off Isumi and her mother's weird logic. This is the kind of stuff I love.

Sakuya's half was a little more heartfelt and subdued (and hey, a reference to OOO. It was a Rider reference in Hayate that got me watching it in the first place.), but still funny. I never understood all that much about Chiharu - she was one of those characters who came out of nowhere - but now that she has some context behind her (I'm an anime only watcher here, always have been), I like her a little more. And Nagi's manga continues to be weird. I'm enjoying this season pretty well. It's the closest to the first season I've seen yet, and coming from me, that's a compliment.

I don't know how much I'll have to talk about next week. I'm sure it'll still be entertaining, but not one of my favorite characters.
Old 2013-04-29, 13:40   Link #3
madmac

Quote:
I don't know how much I'll have to talk about next week. I'm sure it'll still be entertaining, but not one of my favorite characters.
I'm slightly reassured by the fact that they're going back 200 chapters to find a Hina story that's actually pretty good.

Cuties isn't going to set the world on fire, but after the too slow first episode I think Manglobe has found a good pace. They're doing a good job of ignoring continuity in favor of highlighting the best short stories for each character. If it wraps up strong I think I'll be happy with it overall.

Fumi really is getting a lot of spotlight time though, I'm surprised. She's technically appeared (by a matter of seconds) in every season so far but this is the first one where anime watchers get to really pick up on what she's about.
Old 2013-04-29, 17:36   Link #4
ChampDream
Alive

Isumi and Sakuya are really a good duo! I didn't realize that Fumi face was a emoticon, the ending was really good too.
so next week is going to be Hina turn, I can wait
Old 2013-04-29, 20:36   Link #5
Dr. Casey

I'm not sure, but I think this episode might be the most adorable thing in the history of ever. I loved the interval thing with Isumi's silly triumphant expressions over the most basic of cell phone skills, and the entire conversations Isumi held with her mother where they both covered their mouth with the cuff of their kimono.
Old 2013-05-01, 01:11   Link #6
Shadow5YA

Anyone have a screenshot of the part where Fumi says "Google it, idiot"?

I intend to make good use of it
Old 2013-05-01, 11:05   Link #7
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Yea Fumi was funny, wasn't expecting her to say that.

Sakuya's part was nice, I like how she got Chiharu to be her maid.
Old 2013-05-04, 21:41   Link #8
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

People have weaknesses that some can handle while others not.

Take people whom speak with a Kansai dialect, for example. They can and will never understand nonsensical manga.

Another example will be children coming from onmyouji families. Children from those families nowadays cannot understand how to use smartphones.

That's how there's a need and demand for maids, as long as the parent or legal guardian holds a meaningful selection criteria to hire them.
Old 2013-05-05, 15:36   Link #9
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Portions of this ep's ed reminded me of GTO ed 1.

Commentary for this episode though.... Nothing really out of the water on this one. Not a bad episode, but I guess this is roughly what's expected from Hayate for the most part.
Closed Thread