AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-22, 12:39   Link #1841
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui from Okinawa

Who are you?
Spoiler:

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 13:26   Link #1842
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sei
apparently there's a new song for the PS2 game. Any idea on who's the singer & the song's title?...
The OP and ED are both by Savage Genius, and they are both from their first album Kaze no Kesshou 風の結晶 ("Crystals of Wind," standard edition VICL-61990, premium edition w/DVD VIZL-190, Victor). There are samples of the songs on the album at that link.

The OP is called Atashi no Subete ~Die for You~ (あたしのすべて~Die for you~, "All of Me~Die for You~"), and the ED is called Yume no Atosaki 夢のあとさき ("Consequences of a Dream"). The album was released in early July. I got this info from a big ad poster (click to enlarge):

I've liked this group since I heard them do the OP and ED for Uta~Kata (another unjustly neglected show, in my opinion). The group is two people: a guy, Takumi, who writes the music and does the arrangements (they recorded at least some of this album in Nashville), and a girl, Aa, who writes the words and does the vocals. There are pictures on the album site.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-09-22 at 15:10.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 13:36   Link #1843
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Remaining unanswered questions

Spoiler for various episodes up to 25:
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 14:59   Link #1844
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay, I'll have a go:
Spoiler for unanswered questions from all episodes:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-09-22, 15:38   Link #1845
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Spoiler for minor things in 26:

Spoiler for my personal unanswered questions:

Last edited by warainagara; 2006-09-22 at 19:16.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 17:24   Link #1846
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by warainagara
Spoiler for minor things in 26:
Spoiler for episode 26 speculation:
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 17:30   Link #1847
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme
Spoiler for episode 26:
Old 2006-09-22, 18:47   Link #1848
JiCi

Oh boy...

I better stop reading before my head's explodes. Those time theories "past-future-present-change" really mess my mind.

I think we better wait for Monday to get all our answers.

Last edited by JiCi; 2006-09-23 at 06:43.
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 19:47   Link #1849
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
Kaoru-Chujo's reply "Some unanswered questions"

Kaoru-Chujo's "reply"

I upload Futaba-chan's new useful question and Kaoru chujo's reply add to below mini-page.

http://www.geocities.jp/emiri_0623/K...d_question.htm

Simoun anime is contains "Female to Male trans-gender (trans-sexal) " theme , but more described girl's decision to adult woman or man.... gender re-assignment is their Rite of passage......

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-09-22 at 21:10.
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 20:55   Link #1850
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Kaoru-Chujo's "Some unanswered questions" I upload Kaoru's useful question and her (his?) answer to below mini-page.
http://www.geocities.jp/emiri_0623/K...d_question.htm...
Actually, those are Futaba-chan's questions. I just attempted some answers. But thanks for all your work on Simoun, and for helping us feel closer to the Japanese fans.

Meanwhile, I'll just go and look after my exploding head.
Spoiler for speculations:
Old 2006-09-22, 21:01   Link #1851
Yui from Okinawa

Character designer "AS" said her blog ""

http://ecole-movie.jp/

I knew such a movie is released from my friend -- ! " Ecole " An image and a setup are cool. It was pleased. I fell in love at first sight. There is a so-called pile also in the theme of Simoun considerably.

Note: Orijinal title is directer Lucile Hadzihalilovic 's film "Innocence" released France and Canada in 2005
IMDB article is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375233/

Quote:
Actually, those are Futaba-chan's questions. I just attempted some answers. But thanks for all your work on Simoun, and for helping us feel closer to the Japanese fans.
Yes, all of question is Futaba-chan's. but your answer is worth to independent article.
Thus. I retitled ....

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-09-22 at 21:26.
Old 2006-09-22, 21:21   Link #1852
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Simoun anime is contains "Female to Male trans-gender (trans-sexal) " theme , but more described girl's decision to adult woman or man.... gender re-assignment is their Rite of passage......
That's one of the really interesting things about Simoun -- Daikuurikan men seem very different from the real female-to-male transsexual men that I know. The whole idea that transition happens slowly with breasts being reabsorbed over time, and young men looking very androgynous (and dressing very androgynously) is totally different from the way actual FTMs go through transition. Testosterone kicks in very quickly in a female-to-male transition, bringing facial hair and a deep male voice, and "top surgery" to get rid of breast tissue (which isn't reabsorbed) is a major rite of passage. Someone like Wapourif, with long hair in an androgynous-to-feminine style, no facial hair, large unbound breasts, and clothing that continues to emphasize them, is about as far from the image of the typical present-day transman (dressed totally in stereotypical "guy" clothes, with a beard and a deep voice) as you can get.

At the same time, most of the Daikuurikan men manage to be masculine without being jerks about it in the same way that most of the transmen I know do. (Even Shihein-sama, to an extent.) And Guragief x Anubituf reminds me of one specific pair of friends, with the way they interact....
Old 2006-09-22, 21:41   Link #1853
Yui from Okinawa

Erif's misfortune to gender trouble?

I heard "Erif" a bit appeared at last epiode.

Quote:
John Money's failure gender reassigned program written by author "John Colapinto" 's book As Nature Made Him: The Boy Who Was Raised as a Girl
I want to look at how he who was her accepted "the sex determination to a male" contrary to her(his) intention. Erif has any kind of Gender Identity Disorder as her nature, but when she changed male , he has to accepted male gender style and his physics...

Trasgender care superstore" As Nature Made Him" : The Boy Who Was Raised as a Girl

I

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-09-23 at 01:53.
Old 2006-09-22, 21:55   Link #1854
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
The OP is called Atashi no Subete ~Die for You~ (あたしのすべて~Die for you~, "All of Me~Die for You~"), and the ED is called Yume no Atosaki 夢のあとさき ("Consequences of a Dream").
Thanks for the info! I've been listening to the album all this time with no idea that those two songs were Simoun-related

For anyone buying it, it's worth paying the bit extra for the LE - most of the DVD is a documentary about the Nashville recording sessions, but it also has a rather pretty video for Inori no Uta (so all we need now is for the Utsukushikereba Sore de Ii promo video to come out in DVD quality).

Quote:
Hmm, the reviews look interesting. Based on a German novel from 1903, and the comments on Amazon UK are a Simoun-like mixture of "wow, this is really something" and "yeah, but wtf is it about?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
Which why Aer and Nevril's journey is important to them. They have surrendered to society and become adults. Aer and Nevrill will live on and inherit the youth.. the various emotions.. of chor tempest. The will become a time capsule.. a mark that says "never forget what happened"
You know, replace the words "Chor Tempest" with "the fans", and you've just captured the very heart of what Simoun means to me and where it fits in my life. Thank you for expressing what I was unable to put into words.

Spoiler for ep1/25 parallels:

Spoiler for eps25-26:

Last edited by Simon; 2006-09-23 at 06:21. Reason: Correct date for novel
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 22:38   Link #1855
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
John Money's failure gender reassigned program written by author "John Colapinto" 's book As Nature Made Him
Even more than Erif, the "John/Joan" case and the whole practice of intersex genital mutilation is strongly reminiscent of what the Archipelago does to their children, and it's neat that Simoun had enough of a clue to understand non-consensual gender identity as a problem and represent it as a Bad Thing. I highly recommend the book, but prepare to be outraged if you're not familiar with the case. The really tragic ending, not contained in the book, is that David committed suicide a couple of years ago. (Money died of natural causes this summer.)

Along those lines, there's an interesting article in this Sunday's New York Times on the subject: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/ma...l?pagewanted=1
Old 2006-09-22, 22:43   Link #1856
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
That's one of the really interesting things about Simoun -- Daikuurikan men seem very different from the real female-to-male transsexual men that I know. The whole idea that transition happens slowly with breasts being reabsorbed over time, and young men looking very androgynous (and dressing very androgynously) is totally different from the way actual FTMs go through transition.
Seeing how it requires a visit to the Spring, I wonder if transition is ever a "natural phenomenon" in Daikūriku? It seems that physically and socially the process is a lot more gentle than in RL, even though the act of choosing still has massive significance.

I wonder, do those who choose female avoid all that bursting into tears at inconvenient moments as their bodies go through Estrogen Hell? Although given the signs of, um, development we see in the older girls, perhaps they've already been through that at puberty...

(Sorry, just rambling.)

Last edited by Simon; 2006-09-22 at 23:54. Reason: Clumsy wording and sensitive topics don't mix
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 22:56   Link #1857
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
The OP is called Atashi no Subete ~Die for You~ (あたしのすべて~Die for you~, "All of Me~Die for You~"), and the ED is called Yume no Atosaki 夢のあとさき ("Consequences of a Dream").
I think I just imploded. I love this song! So glad it's the OP for the game! The album is on my to-buy list. It's really, really good. Basically a collection of everything great savage genius has released over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
For anyone buying it, it's worth paying the bit extra for the LE - most of the DVD is a documentary about the Nashville recording sessions, but it also has a rather pretty video for Inori no Uta
That's good to know.

Great line from Key Board, too (how could I have missed it? skipping spoilers is indeed a bad idea). That's precisely what I think the "eien no miko" means to them.

And for the earlier topic about an all-female cast having camaraderie, besides gaping at eggplant's comments, I remembered that the same thing has been mentioned in the Mai-HiME seiyuu commentaries, and maybe for others as well. From that, I suppose the atmosphere in studios is indeed different, although I was skeptical before.

*edits self yet again* Actually those spoilers are what I accidentally saw in the interview....
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 00:04   Link #1858
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
I wonder, do those who choose female avoid all that bursting into tears at inconvenient moments as their bodies go through Estrogen Hell? Although given the signs of, um, development we see in the older girls, perhaps they've already been through that at puberty...
Which reminds me of something I've been wondering for a long time: can a pre-choice (someone think of a better term, please) girl become pregnant?
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 06:22   Link #1859
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Which reminds me of something I've been wondering for a long time: can a pre-choice (someone think of a better term, please) girl become pregnant?

Doh!!!

My Head spinns crazy.. Dont bring RL truth in a Anime fiction World *Head clear again*

Like some kind of RL History.... You get my point?

Here for Simoun:

The Church faction works against the Military faction in Simulacurm...

They send the other Choirs to the springs, where the Military faction was not happy about. (Some sidenotice when they where at the Meeting)
The Highpristers (Temple One) forced the "Peace". They was surprised for the sideeffects that the Peace contract brings with it,
so the Military faction has his revenge now (Disband the last and best Choir. Girls going to spring etc. etc..) I hope you relaized it, too.

So, Simoun Politics to compere it with some RL old history... Is impossible...
so, RL Biologie to compere with Simoun biologie is the same

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 07:10   Link #1860
m000m000

Spoiler for warainagara/minor(???!!) things in 26:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme
You know, that is such an almost stupidly convinient way to wrap all those things up in one big smash (why didn't anyone think of this before? ) that it's just too good to pass totally over, so I'd be surprised if it didn't play out like that or at least a similar manner.

Spoiler for moar explict detail stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
Great line from Key Board, too (how could I have missed it? skipping spoilers is indeed a bad idea). That's precisely what I think the "eien no miko" means to them.
/me curses the over-bloated spoilertag-usage of this thread

No one reads your posts if you spoilerify them

Spoiler for Essentially the same thing, but a bit more explict:

That being said, I think people here mark the subject of their spoilers pretty well, so you shouldn't be too afraid when treading around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
The way I see it is that they're just that - girls before going to the spring, and women afterwards, if they chose to be female.
Evidently it's not just a 'rite of passage' even for those who decide to remain female (See: The Onashia case), so I've always taken it that while they technically may be female before their visit to the spring too, they wouldn't actually be fertile or capable of reproduction until after it.

Last edited by m000m000; 2006-09-23 at 09:39.
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri