Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-09-13, 16:25   Link #25481
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Moka is rather lucky in that she has siblings, even if only half/adopted siblings. However, even though Kokoa "killed" Kahlua, there is still a possibility of Kahlua being alive, but it's a matter of speculation how she will react to losing her only pillar in life with her mother dead now. But more so how Moka, Kokoa, and Akua will react. I won't go into the situation with Ruby or Yukari, as it seems witches don't have issues procreating, but it does seem inborn for them to be kind of kinky.
...about this, I also wonder how she will react given the fact that she was captured unconscious by Moka's enemies, rather that Moka's friends. I always thought they should have picked her up as a trophy of war, at the very least, but...

Quote:
About Yukari and her possible changes when she reaches puberty. I got two words for that: SEXUAL PREDATOR! And I'm not talking about a blatantly sexualized version of Hollywood's Predator with Arny, though funny as that could look, complete with S&M garb, dildos, and masturbaters to milk it's prey with. I'm talking about that if she should ever lose what little control she has over her inhibitions, she could make the others cringe or try to restrain her themselves to prevent her from assaulting Tsukune before she's actually prepared to deal with the consequences of such actions. What I see is her having to match wits with Moka (and losing sometimes) to try and convince her to let her spend some "quality time" alone with Tsukune. Should such a thing come to pass, then let the battle begin. That is all I'll say about that.
Here's hoping they can get Ruby to alchemify some solutions to that potential problem It's either that, or they room her with Mizore
Old 2014-09-14, 12:59   Link #25482
Diggy DaCosta

Quote:
There is a little thing in Japan that many of us westerners don't seen to take into consideration much, that is that in Japan there is a declining, aging population. This brings to the fore that an astounding number of parents and grandparents hound their "of age" kids to procreate. This mindset translates to the macguffins used by the author with both Mizore with her limited window of fertility, and Kurumu with her needing/wanting to find her "mate-of-fate.
This exactly!
I believe you also have to account for the fact that 16 is the legal age of consent in Japan. Additionally, it appears from everything I've seen and read that they're not quite as protective of their children as we are here in the States (which given their low crime rate makes this plausible for me). It explains to me why I've seen more permissive attitudes on teen dating displayed anime/manga, versus here in the U.S. where many parents are cautious or worried about their teen kids dating. If you want an extreme example of what I'm saying, check out KissxSis (dances around a lot of taboo, but peep how Keita's parents - and later, Mikumi's mom - are like totally OK with everything that's going on).

Quote:
Also in Mizore's case, it's like the case of Japanese Christmas cake, in that nobody buys Christmas cake after Christmas. Basically in real world terms, that after 25, women become less and less likely to marry because many men want young women. Which is why anime/manga make spoofs about older women always insisting they're 17, even if they are actually in their 30s. So this whole mindset is how Mizore's problem translates into the real world.
You ripped that explanation straight from TVtropes, didn't you? lol

Quote:
Kurumu's situation is not quite as bad, but seems to me to be close in some ways, if one considers that there could be limitations on her for breeding. That limitation could mean that if she doesn't accept someone as her mate-of-fate, she may not be able to bear any children at all. Once one considers the heavily implied promiscuity of Succubi, why aren't there succubi all over the place? You would think that if they have sex so much, they must be having children like crazy or almost always be pregnant with any one of their sexual partners' kids, no? It seems that is not the case here.
True. Didn't Kurumu give a hurried/brief explanation during the very 2nd episode while she was attacking Moka and Tsukune? That her race was low in number or something like that?

Quote:
I won't go into the situation with Ruby or Yukari, as it seems witches don't have issues procreating, but it does seem inborn for them to be kind of kinky.
Yeeeah I'd love to see Rubi's "toy" chest/closet. That's something that should be utilized in any continuity, if for no other reason than a high yuk-yuk factor. Can you imagine if Yukari broke into said chest/closet, with all he perverted curiosity???

Speaking of said witch...

Quote:
About Yukari and her possible changes when she reaches puberty. I got two words for that: SEXUAL PREDATOR! And I'm not talking about a blatantly sexualized version of Hollywood's Predator with Arny, though funny as that could look, complete with S&M garb, dildos, and masturbaters to milk it's prey with. I'm talking about that if she should ever lose what little control she has over her inhibitions, she could make the others cringe or try to restrain her themselves to prevent her from assaulting Tsukune before she's actually prepared to deal with the consequences of such actions. What I see is her having to match wits with Moka (and losing sometimes) to try and convince her to let her spend some "quality time" alone with Tsukune. Should such a thing come to pass, then let the battle begin. That is all I'll say about that.
See, THAT'S what I'm talking 'bout!
To be fair though, Yukari wants "quality time" with Moka too. She'll continue to "help" Moka and Tsukune down their romantic path because it'll assure her goal of her treasured threesome. But yeah, her conniving to get time solo with Tsukune would be pretty funny because you know Tsukune will try to keep things PG while Yukari's brain and hormones will be thinking at least NC-17. I can easily see Yukari stealing a French kiss from him.

Wrinkle: because Yukari would be 13, it's fair to assume she will have started to physically develop. If her grown-up form from the anime is any indication, she should at least start to grow her "lady lumps". Which means Tsukune might notice such at an "inopportune" or "accidental" moment. Or when Kurumu goes to grope her to make fun of her washboard chest, only to be like "Wait, what the hell? There are lumps here now? Since when???"
Diggy DaCosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 22:43   Link #25483
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I have finally managed to read the last few chapters after almost a year that this manga ended...

I'm pretty happy with the way the author decided to finish it. The flashback between Alucard and Akasha was really good, but I did think that Alucard gave up a little too easy when Moka's mother showed up.

I think the author left it a little bit open regarding Tsukuna and Moka's relationship. I mean, we all know Tsukune loved outer Moka which turned out to be a clone of Akasha's personality, but does Tsukune love the current Moka? The way Moka was acting in the final chapter seems like a fusion of personalities between Inner and Outer Moka, but at the end we notice that even her hair is starting to change Pink, which could possibly mean she'll develop to be the same as Outer Moka....maybe?

Good ending anyway, and maybe we'll get a sequel in the near future with Moka's father showing up to train Tsukune against Fairy Tail and all...

One of the best things I'm gonna miss about this manga was how much the art has improved through out the story. I hope we'll get to see more works from the author/artist.
Old 2014-09-19, 21:06   Link #25484
Diggy DaCosta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I'm pretty happy with the way the author decided to finish it. The flashback between Alucard and Akasha was really good, but I did think that Alucard gave up a little too easy when Moka's mother showed up.
Well, given what had transpired up to that point in the fight, I believe Akasha convincing Alucard to stand down was the best way to end things without further bloodshed.

Quote:
I think the author left it a little bit open regarding Tsukuna and Moka's relationship. I mean, we all know Tsukune loved outer Moka which turned out to be a clone of Akasha's personality, but does Tsukune love the current Moka? The way Moka was acting in the final chapter seems like a fusion of personalities between Inner and Outer Moka, but at the end we notice that even her hair is starting to change Pink, which could possibly mean she'll develop to be the same as Outer Moka....maybe?
Remember what Tsukune said on the plane to China: his wish was for the two Mokas to become one. That's what begun to happen, and the tips of her hair tinging pink (to me) signifies that.

A small thing for me in that epilogue: while Tsukune clearly loved Outer Moka 1st, he had begun to feel the same for Inner. Although the way the finale was written, I could see maybe someone question that. In a sense, maybe he has to re-learn to love Moka as the two personalities blend(?)

Quote:
Good ending anyway, and maybe we'll get a sequel in the near future with Moka's father showing up to train Tsukune against Fairy Tail and all...
That's something I'd be very interested to see. I think that should be the 2nd focus of any future sequel after deciding the route of romantic progression (either Tsukune x Moka, or polygamy).
Old 2014-09-20, 00:03   Link #25485
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy DaCosta View Post
Remember what Tsukune said on the plane to China: his wish was for the two Mokas to become one. That's what begun to happen, and the tips of her hair tinging pink (to me) signifies that.

A small thing for me in that epilogue: while Tsukune clearly loved Outer Moka 1st, he had begun to feel the same for Inner. Although the way the finale was written, I could see maybe someone question that. In a sense, maybe he has to re-learn to love Moka as the two personalities blend(?)
The thing that bugs me and others though, is that Tsukune said that before he found out Outer was essentially a different person instead of a filtered version of Moka's personality. Outer was basically a copy of Akasha raised differently, and it was really super unfair to fuse them at that point. I felt it would've been fine with Moka just inheriting some of Outer's personality through character development(which was already happening). Either that or let Outer get a body of her own somehow.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 09:40   Link #25486
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
You ripped that explanation straight from TVtropes, didn't you? lol
Not directly, no. Though it may have influenced the way I wrote that. But I think I was recalling another explanation on that I think from the Sankaku Complex site or some other source when one of the 2chan translations mentioned it.
Old 2014-09-20, 11:17   Link #25487
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The thing that bugs me and others though, is that Tsukune said that before he found out Outer was essentially a different person instead of a filtered version of Moka's personality. Outer was basically a copy of Akasha raised differently, and it was really super unfair to fuse them at that point. I felt it would've been fine with Moka just inheriting some of Outer's personality through character development(which was already happening). Either that or let Outer get a body of her own somehow.
I'm able to view it in a brighter light since Issa made it clear that Omote was growing as a part of Moka, meaning that they were always the same person after a period of time. It makes the whole change more of a completion of Ura rather than "Akasha's clone is taking over Moka".
Old 2014-09-25, 11:54   Link #25488
Diggy DaCosta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Quote:
I'm able to view it in a brighter light since Issa made it clear that Omote was growing as a part of Moka, meaning that they were always the same person after a period of time. It makes the whole change more of a completion of Ura rather than "Akasha's clone is taking over Moka".
No, Tsukune didn't know all that when he said it. But it's still come to pass, and yeah we found out in the end it was all Akasha's "master plan" to protect Moka and gradually balance out her daughter's personality.

I started building a comprehensive plan on how this "completed Ura" Moka should be manifested, but I'd like to hear your guys' views on what a "whole" Moka would be like.
Old 2014-09-30, 23:36   Link #25489
Diggy DaCosta

Question for you all:

Besides Fairy Tale, what other new villains/threats would you introduce the group to? How do you envision the world of the group to open up after they graduate? Since Tsukune's got his post-graduate job lined up for him, I know me and a couple of others envisioned the ladies taking on faculty/advisory positions within the academy so they stay together. But they all have other skills (not talking fighting) that can pay the bills in the real world:

Kurumu loves to bake - she could improve to the point she bakes professionally and/or starts her own line of dessert treats. Mizore could pretty much pick any Winter Olympic sport and learn to beast at it - I envision her as ice-skater (or maybe skier). Yukari can easily be an inventor - though I dunno how well should can work w/out use of magic. Probably more a chemist. Rubi has her job as head assistant to the Headmaster; I see no reason why that would change once Tsukune is ready to assume the role (personally it could easily lead to some perverse and sexual moments). With her knowledge of the arcane, she could learn to be a historian or even an archeologist. Kokoa, given her rough/scrappy nature, I can see as a motorcycle or drag racer. Moka... well personally, I think she's supermodel material in terms of looks, presence and overall swag. But I think having such a lifestyle would pull her away too much from Tsukune, so I just don't see it. It's been shown she has interests in fashion, and being an aristocratic vampire would lend her to having hi-brow tastes. So I'm thinking she could start her own clothing line, or even be a fashion critic.

Another thing: it's said in the manga that monsters have a tough time with intercontinental travel. Why? Specifically, I don't think that should be a problem for the group. You mean Daddy Starbucks can't pull some string to get his daughters passports? Tsukune should have his own normal ID or be able to get one easily. Rubi lived in the real world before coming to the Academy, so she should be able to get a passport too (ditto for Yukari?). Now, they'd have to travel first class so that whatever special accommodations needed can be provided. But it's doable...
Old 2014-10-01, 00:18   Link #25490
casgoldsmith

Inner moka >>>>>>

tsukune baka
Old 2014-10-01, 21:12   Link #25491
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Question for you all:

Spoiler for Long text:
Sigh.... It's times like these I wish the Franky House forums were still around. Back in 08 and before that, we used to discuss what their future jobs could be, and what we thought they were suitable for.

Jobs wise, you've got some good ideas, and there are more of them if you think long enough about the possibilities.

And you are right about the traveling thing, as airports and customs don't particularly care for "illegal" youkai, since they don't bother to register in any human family registry. So it goes back to just simply being a non-person/undocumented person, and that makes travel in the human world, by human means difficult. But they could always fake identities, or at least have some kind of in-government human collaborators to help give then fake, or even authentic identities, if the individual is young enough to be considered adopted into a human family. San Otonashi could do it if Marin were to adopt her officially as an orphan child. But then comes the issue of getting things like vaccination shots, blood work to test for disease, which could reveal San as not being human, and the full physical examination. But the thoroughness of this may vary from country to country.

So the problem just boils down to not having an identity recognized by human governments, even if they do have a family name. If the parents or grandparents felt no need to identify themselves to whatever government where they live, then naturally doing things requiring such documentation would be nearly impossible by legal means. Which is why Moka and the other girls would need to use Wong and his Triad's resources to get around, due to being able to acquire transport by illegal means.
Old 2014-10-02, 20:54   Link #25492
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Travel Issue - The Wong/Huang Family, being a Triad family, certainly has enough clout to get forged documents enough to allow for a youkai to travel by intercontinental means and other big youkai groups of a similar networking potential. It's either that or for an even higher-tier method - own a private jet.

Potential Jobs as follows -

Kurumu: definitely a Baker (televised with the right strings pulled). Hopefully not a love advice person though, but she can offer tips to 'spice' things up, especially if it involves her baking. Secretary/bodyguard would be another one but that has 'obvious' connotations attached with it. Ah, here's one, a psychiatrist. She can dive into people's dreams and she's a master illusionist, right? Those two things would make psychology a breeze for her.

Mizore: Ice sculpting...no, really - she'd be a hit and be able to pull off crazy stuff with it. Or something related to art - as long as she doesn't pull an Ishigami-sensei, she should be fine. A private investigator - the woman can stalk like no other. If her mother is any indication, running a gun shop/shooting range/assassination run would be in their ballpark. Frozen bullets = impossible to track.

Yukari: ... she's a genius so she could do whatever. Making love potions or learning how to make something similar to youkai carapaces for human mooks/bodyguards.
Old 2014-10-13, 15:02   Link #25493
Diggy DaCosta

Yukari: ... she's a genius so she could do whatever. Making love potions or learning how to make something similar to youkai carapaces for human mooks/bodyguards.[/QUOTE]

I think a fair way in moving Yukari forward in her genius/inventor path is to have her inventions gradually "mature" as she does. That is, her inventions evolve from sources of "hilarity ensuing" to having more practical, even non-romantic purposes. Have her genius cross over to the mechanical or electronica realm - let her learn how to build a "magical computer". Or, have Kokoa veer towards being a gearhead (I really think it's within her personality) and have Yukari help trick out her motorcycle/bike/racecar/etc.

Or Yukari is maybe just too perverted? lol
Old 2014-10-13, 15:25   Link #25494
Diggy DaCosta

Quote:
And you are right about the traveling thing, as airports and customs don't particularly care for "illegal" youkai, since they don't bother to register in any human family registry. So it goes back to just simply being a non-person/undocumented person, and that makes travel in the human world, by human means difficult. But they could always fake identities, or at least have some kind of in-government human collaborators to help give then fake, or even authentic identities, if the individual is young enough to be considered adopted into a human family. San Otonashi could do it if Marin were to adopt her officially as an orphan child. But then comes the issue of getting things like vaccination shots, blood work to test for disease, which could reveal San as not being human, and the full physical examination. But the thoroughness of this may vary from country to country.

So the problem just boils down to not having an identity recognized by human governments, even if they do have a family name. If the parents or grandparents felt no need to identify themselves to whatever government where they live, then naturally doing things requiring such documentation would be nearly impossible by legal means. Which is why Moka and the other girls would need to use Wong and his Triad's resources to get around, due to being able to acquire transport by illegal means.
I was thinking whomever was born in the human realm should have a national ID. I see what you're saying though: even if that were the case (like with Rubi and maybe Yukari) maybe their parents/grandparents saw no need for legal identity. So with the exception of Tsukune, fake IDs for everyone! (if the guys on the show Leverage can churn out fake IDs every episode, then either the Wongs or Papa Shuzen should be able to get it done).

Question: in the anime, Moka explains that she was ostracized in middle school, which she attended in the human world. I didn't pick up the manga in the beginning chapters - does the manga provide this explanation as well or nah?
Old 2014-10-13, 15:36   Link #25495
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

well the manga doesn`t say anything either about this , it says only that she was persecuted because she was different so all her days were empty
Old 2014-10-13, 16:35   Link #25496
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

She was a pink-haired girl who was also anemic and probably didn't like being outside either. Kids can be the most honest and most cruel creatures on the face of the earth.
Old 2014-10-13, 20:00   Link #25497
Diggy DaCosta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
She was a pink-haired girl who was also anemic and probably didn't like being outside either...
With any ingenuity, they could've explained that as a rare form of vitiligo... lol
Old 2014-10-21, 14:14   Link #25498
Diggy DaCosta

Been real quiet here lately. Anyone still around?

Been kinda perusing the Net while slowly working on my own story idea (not R+V) that's been in my head for 10 years. There's quite a bit of R+V pics/fan paraphernalia/etc that's amassed over the years. Personally, I'm wondering if it'll take an American to jumpstart a reboot movement/process - I wish I had the money to buy the animation rights. What I would do is basically port R+V over: I'd go the Aaron McGruder (The Boondocks) route and hire Madhouse (or even MOI even though they're in S. Korea) to do the animation. Then I'd reach out to Funimation to strike a deal to use their voice talent; the dub voice cast from the anime are all seasoned pros (Todd Haberkorn and Colleen Clinkerbeard are VERY talented). With the Funimation deal, I'd require ALL of the scriptwriters to have read the entire manga so that they understand not just the direction of the story but all the nuances: I've said that a reboot should stick 90% to the story - the other 10% should be situational expansion to fill gaps in character development and maybe add extra humor or story depth. For example:

The episode where the girls follow (stalk?) Tsukune back home to his parents' crib. Yes, the anime was out of order with the manga in terms of what led them there beforehand, but I was pleased that the episode pretty much followed the manga chapter. Where anime expanded/took slight liberty was Tsukune's cousin coming by to try to "sort things out" between the girls, and Mizore beginning to strip to make babies w/T-mac IN FRONT OF EVERYONE INCLUDING HIS MOM!!! (how is that not a classic moment???).

That's the kind of liberty-within-the-general-storyline I'd like a reboot to use.

I'll add more thoughts in another post so this one wont run too long, lol.
Old 2014-10-21, 14:54   Link #25499
ellifeedn
Thinker

Any fanfics to recommend? I heard a fanfic crossover with Elfen Lied was good.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 14:56   Link #25500
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

^^

...yeah, some of us still haunt the board. There might be a little more action when the last volume comes out (MAY?!?! I gotta wait that LONG ). I don't know about the others, but I am currently re-reading the series - am currently on the 3rd read-thru, what with all my obligations. A couple of more imes, and I might unlock some creative potential and actually write. Might actually be worth it

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire