AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-07, 00:13   Link #9541
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
If it seems like that to you, then it's probably because many of us are Index novel readers and Railgun simply doesn't fit. We have some serious things going on in Index with people who would have died had Touma not been there, tensions rising between factions, blood being shed on the dark side of Academy City, threat of a worldwide war on the horizon - and here comes this slice-of-life series bent on advertising as much Mikoto as possible for her fanbase. It's simply jarring, and I think Chaos2Frozen's comparison is spot-on.
Woah woah woah! That's wasn't the point of my comparison

What I'm saying is that everything that has happened in Railgun, is a prelude to something in Index. And watching them dance around the topic can be frustrating for people who knows what's going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
I also do not like the aformentioned Mikoto fanbase. It particularly irritates me when Mikoto fans ask for more screentime of her in Index when she already got her own freaking series.
TO be completely fair, when Railgun starts to air, you're going to have tons of people asking for more Touma screen time as well.
Old 2011-04-07, 00:31   Link #9542
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I like both Index and Railgun I am a fan of magic in general but I loved both modes and both sides of the coin (the dark and the light side), yet I do admit extreme railgun fan tend to get on my nerves.
Old 2011-04-07, 00:43   Link #9543
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
I like both Index and Railgun I am a fan of magic in general but I loved both modes and both sides of the coin (the dark and the light side), yet I do admit extreme railgun fan tend to get on my nerves.
My sentiments exact; though I tend to prefer Index but still acknowledge the good points of Railgun.

And yes, that thing with extreme Railgun fans as well... One argument with them can sour my entire day.
Old 2011-04-07, 01:03   Link #9544
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

My thoughts on Railgun:

Bring the second season on. It has to come, then fans demand it, and I want it to come too, as the Sister Arc was beautifully done.

They way to do it is to make the second season only 12 episodes, and devote it ENTIRELY to the Sister Arc. Work it out well to the very last detail and properly expose Mikoto's character instead of moe contents.
Old 2011-04-07, 01:41   Link #9545
Karna
just some guy

Lately Ive been thinking about who is part of the Kamijou faction. IMO, it seems as if a ton of Major groups and powers are now following Touma...

Lets see...

1.) Accelerator (likely to start working with him now)
2.) Hamazura Shiage (Likely to start working with him now)
3.) Misaka Mikoto
4.) Index
5.) Kanzaki Kaori (she pretty much worships the dude)
6.) Bardway and the dawn colored sunlight (they seemed to have teamed up)
7.) The Amakusa Catholics
8.) The Agnese Forces
9.) Tsuchimikado (he's always been a bro)
10.) Fiamma (Seems to wordship Touma now judging from his conversation with Crowley.)
11.) Misaka sisters
12.) Possibly Styil

Am I missing anyone?

Touma's group seems to have grown a lot since volume 5.
Old 2011-04-07, 01:48   Link #9546
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Why do people really feel the need to compare Railgun and Index?

They were both aiming to do different things from the start. While I prefer Index, that doesn't mean I disliked Railgun.

Though, it's annoying when people bring up stupid character comparisons, especially when used to bash another character...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-04-07, 03:00   Link #9547
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Lately Ive been thinking about who is part of the Kamijou faction. IMO, it seems as if a ton of Major groups and powers are now following Touma...

Lets see...

3.) Misaka Mikoto
4.) Index
8.) The Agnese Forces
10.) Fiamma (Seems to wordship Touma now judging from his conversation with Crowley.)
11.) Misaka sisters
12.) Possibly Styil

Am I missing anyone?

Isn't that the point of Touma getting a hit ordered on him? XD you forgot Ursula and Sherry- might as well put down the Necessarius. And then the wind bow guy(personally I'd love to see him come back)
Old 2011-04-07, 04:31   Link #9548
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

How about something like this.....

The Church of Kamijou

The Deity: Kamijou Touma
The Ruling Angel: FUZE=Kazakiri
Touma's Right Seat: The Delta Force+Kumokawa Seria

Supreme Pontiff: Index Librorum Prohibitorum
High Priestess: Kanzaki Kaori
Cardinals: Misaka Mikoto, Tsukuyomi Komoe

Arch Bishops: Orsola Aquinas, Levinia Bardway
Priests and Priestesses: Stiyl, The New Light, Agnese and co., Itsuwa and the Amakusa
The believers: Last Order, Sisters, Himegami Aisa, Yamisaka Ouma, Etzali, Oyafune Monaka

Zealots: Accelerator, Fiamma of the Right
Old 2011-04-07, 05:22   Link #9549
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Lets see...

3.) Misaka Mikoto
4.) Index
8.) The Agnese Forces
11.) Misaka sisters
12.) Possibly Styil

Am I missing anyone?

Lessar, you forgot Lessar.

It's funny though, even when we say that the Kamijou faction is THISSSSS big, I find it weird that we can never really pin Touma himself to specific organization or team.

Accelerator has [Group].
Hamazura Shiage has [ITEM] or [Skill-Out].

Touma just works with anyone that happens to be there. You can't quite say that he's a part of Necessarius or Amakusa either.

Unless you count the three idiots as a 'team'...
Old 2011-04-07, 05:50   Link #9550
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
One problem I have when people compare Index/Railgun against each other is how they're so absorbed in one that they tend to miss the point of what the other part of the series is for. Or possibly, they tend to be so absorbed in one that they forgot what the point of that itself is for. I don't take Railgun for its "cute quartet" reasoning much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Unless you count the three idiots as a 'team'...
Okay, "Touma is of the Delta Force" it is then.

Or, actually, he belongs to That Certain High School. Yes, his school.

... Please don't give me "But that doesn't count" crap. IT COUNTS I TELL YOU!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-04-07, 07:30   Link #9551
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
How about something like this.....

The Church of Kamijou

The Deity: Kamijou Touma
The Ruling Angel: FUZE=Kazakiri
Touma's Right Seat: The Delta Force+Kumokawa Seria

Supreme Pontiff: Index Librorum Prohibitorum
High Priestess: Kanzaki Kaori
Cardinals: Misaka Mikoto, Tsukuyomi Komoe

Arch Bishops: Orsola Aquinas, Levinia Bardway
Priests and Priestesses: Stiyl, The New Light, Agnese and co., Itsuwa and the Amakusa
The believers: Last Order, Sisters, Himegami Aisa, Yamisaka Ouma, Etzali, Oyafune Monaka

Zealots: Accelerator, Fiamma of the Right
One problem with the Right Seat- Kumokawa Seria is kinda... well... She doesn't belong in his church I don't think. Not from what I've heard about her.

I'm thinking that Hamazura would also go into Belivers, 'cause he isn't quite a zealot like Accelerator. (Where would Lessar go though? Priest and Prestesses like all the other Necessarius members?)
Old 2011-04-07, 08:02   Link #9552
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Right seat should include Seiri instead.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-04-07, 09:41   Link #9553
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
My thoughts on Railgun:

Bring the second season on. It has to come, then fans demand it, and I want it to come too, as the Sister Arc was beautifully done.

They way to do it is to make the second season only 12 episodes, and devote it ENTIRELY to the Sister Arc. Work it out well to the very last detail and properly expose Mikoto's character instead of moe contents.
With the manga artwork preferably....Mikoto is actually lovely there....
Old 2011-04-07, 09:47   Link #9554
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Lets see...

3.) Misaka Mikoto
4.) Index
8.) The Agnese Forces
11.) Misaka sisters
12.) Possibly Styil

Am I missing anyone?

Kazakiri Hyouka

Princess Villian

by extension and also because of previous encounters Acqua to a certain extent

Lessar

Elizarina to a certain extent.

Because of this, possibly Maiden of Versailles as well.

Sasha and possibly Vasilissa....

Frog faced doctor

Laura?

Queen Elizard?

Hell that would bring the UK in its entirety to his side....

Really the number of potential allies who are really heavy hitters this guy has is astounding.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-04-07 at 11:04.
Old 2011-04-07, 10:53   Link #9555
tsunade666

My thoughts on railgun....

bring railgun II on! I want more SATEN!!!!!

To be more precise. I like the manga and how they did it. And from the start. And even if you trace back from the beginning of toaru threads here in index sub forum of animesuki. I'm a fan of Mikoto. I was like kyaaaaaa is misaka while I saw her in Index S 1. I totally like her when she shows up in the first season of Index and like her to in her own series.

But when Railgun anime starts.

Okay first episode Misaka kick ass! she fires her railgun to blow up the car. Poor guy she picks a fight with the lightning princess. But then after that episode introduction of judgement. Then Kuroko is also a likable character and also more uiharu is also fun.

We are also having fun on guessing what her power is. We or mostly thought it's about plants because of the running joke about it. But as the anime goes on and shows. More like the thick brows girl with invisible power. I was who was she? then after that the introduction of the swimming club. I was oh I saw those 2 kohai in the manga. I was also a bit happy on it. But what happen to the original time on the manga? because I think it got jumbled up. But people said that it's alright. Then the anime shows the episode about a bunch of thugs in the cafe restaurant. It should be an episode where Touma shows up to save those thugs. Its the beginning of the index series to begin with. Its the prologue of vol 1 of the novel. But where is Touma? I only saw Mikoto pawning a level 4 girl. And I know already how strong Mikoto is.

I'm starting to get irritated there. I can say that it's the beginning of more Mikoto. Then the timeline got messed up that I don't know anymore what's happening. the level upper arc that should be done with a episode 1 or 2 got extend by lot. It mostly consumes the first part of the series. Then episode 13 is a fan service episode that's pleasing for the fans. I also watch that episode. I like it when Uiharu likes snakes. But ... what I ....... just ..... hate or irritated on railgun that I'm not expecting more on it. I will just watch it on spare time and unlike before when it starts that I totally love it.

Then after that arc. Saten's emo mode starts. I totally like the development of Saten a level 0. It shows the feelings of a level 0. They also show the skill-out background though I don't care anymore what will they show up. I just want more Saten.

Mikoto's character is........ well she likes to help. But when she gets in trouble she doesn't ask for help. Like in the end of the series with the... I forgot the name of the arc. But I like the girl introduce in the end of the series. The one with weak telepathy? Not sure because I only watch it one time. But she is also interesting. And also Saten and more of Saten.

Then in the last episode. They show a nightmare frame which I saw in code geass. Nice they also do a divine buster of nanoha. Firing a big chunk of metal to blow up the nightmare frame.

Overall for Railgun manga = nice. And for the anime of railgun. . . .............. I don't hate it but I don't like it. I'm neutral on it.

As for Mikoto.............. bring on more SATEN!!!!!!

you know the lack of Saten in Index S 2 kinda disappoints me. Even a cameo in the op would be nice. Like what they did in S1 op.

EDIT:

And also I hate it most when they ask for more Mikoto even though it's index. I also got into fight with Chaoz in the Q and A thread about it. And it all started in a question of about more mikoto in index.
Old 2011-04-07, 12:12   Link #9556
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Am I the only neutral here? We can practically hold a saimoe among all the harems in this series. I'm voting for Uiharu.

B-T's down again, guys, so you know the drill. (At least some anyway, either Wifri or Suzuku or someone else)

Spoiler for Well:
Old 2011-04-07, 12:24   Link #9557
ellifeedn
Thinker

And so the first volume of NT was finished. If the number of books in Toaru corresponds to the number of books in the actual bible, then we're in for another 20 or so books.
Old 2011-04-07, 12:44   Link #9558
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Haha, talk about another major blow to Hamazura and Accelerator's confidence they really are the type to beat themselves up.

(…So in the end, a supporting character like me is unable to finish everything like a hero!!)
Old 2011-04-07, 12:44   Link #9559
WiliamZ0

So the rumor that spread when Vol 20 LN released about

that the LN not even half than finished is correct huh~
Old 2011-04-07, 12:52   Link #9560
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
So the rumor that spread when Vol 20 LN released about

that the LN not even half than finished is correct huh~
It's neither confirmed nor denied, but it wouldn't be hard to imagine.

Anyway, now that NTV1 is completed, I guess we'll all just quietly sink into the shadows for the next four months or so... Either when the next volume comes out, or when another toaru anime is announced for Fall.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen