Notices

Old 2016-10-09, 12:04   Link #6581
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
As it stands, EU has a team in quarters whereas other regions don't
What do you mean by one team?
I thought EU had two, the 2nd seed H2K and the 1st seed G2 ANX.

Jokes aside, C9 is probably going to finish 2nd in group B.
Then again, anything can happen this year...
Old 2016-10-10, 16:46   Link #6582
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The support of Albus Nox has chicken pox. -_-

That really blows....

As for the quarters:

Spoiler for Quarters matchups:
Old 2016-10-10, 21:16   Link #6583
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

H2K went 4-0 in their last games including two wins over EDG. They are looking highly competitive which can't be said about NOX. If anything the LCS team is the favourite to win.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-11, 01:30   Link #6584
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
H2K went 4-0 in their last games including two wins over EDG. They are looking highly competitive which can't be said about NOX. If anything the LCS team is the favourite to win.
H2K had the weakest group in the tournament , meanwhile ANX beat CLG & ROX in the same day that's no small feat.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-11, 06:57   Link #6585
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

EDG was one of the favourites to win the tournament. Not as much as ROX but still up there. AHQ is at least on CLG levels if not more given how bad CLG played. CLG crashed and burned throughout the whole tournament. I'm not saying that they were a pushover but they certainly didn't play their best. G2's only win came against NOX and ROX decimated NOX in their final game it wasn't even funny.

H2K has shown a consistent performance on a high level in the second week while NOX had the spectacular game against ROX but then lost steam against G2 and especially ROX. Also quarters are a best of 5 and H2K have shown to be one of the better teams at adapting in the past. If H2K can take their level from week 2 into quarters then unless NOX shows up big time the LCS squad will advance.
Old 2016-10-11, 15:12   Link #6586
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

H2K has crazy superior lanes - I doubt ANX will show as much wildcard unpredictability to be able to overcome the control of H2K - which has been shown to work against AHQ, INTZ, and EDG. Let's not underestimate AHQ and Flash Wolves, shall we?

I predict a 3-1 in favor of H2K. ANX started off strong but then puttered against ROX in week 2: They're losing the magic and the X-factor that tilts and catches teams off-guard. ROX, and more importantly, G2, beat them soundly in the second week. H2K will do their homework, win in lane, and then focus Likrit in teamfights .

Just because EDG lost to H2K should not make them look bad either. The games were still very competitive and it will be hard to replicate H2K's sheer early-game dominance against them. I don't expect them to beat ROX, but they'll probably take a game. If, IF they get up 2-0 through some superior laning and late-game teamfighting - then it should be a 3-0.

Problem is that ROX is too strong mid-game: they should be able to figure EDG out and lock them out, only losing 1 game to chaos.
Old 2016-10-13, 20:01   Link #6587
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Reality is, whoever gets out of that match is going to get pounded by Korea anyway. All three of those Korean teams are on the up.

Certainly the rest of the world showed some more fight/spirit in group stages. But as things stand now, all 3 Korean teams are likely to be in the semis. That's even more emphatic than last year since KT Rolster were out in the quarters. Korea 1-2-3 - not a good state for the global state of the game three years after Korea started being on top.

Today's set being a prime example.
Old 2016-10-13, 20:36   Link #6588
IceHism

I just love the memes from this match.

Inven and montecristo_ego got the spiciest ones.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 18:39   Link #6589
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

RNG won game 1 after SKT went on tilt as a result of RNG's successful sneak of baron. Game 2 coming up.

Edit: SKT turned it up in the next 3 games to stomp their way into the semis. Another KR vs CN matchup tomorrow.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Last edited by frivolity; 2016-10-14 at 21:20.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 19:32   Link #6590
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

ROX vs EDG. First 2 games were stomps. Very surprised that ROX went for the Fiora in game 3.

Old 2016-10-15, 22:28   Link #6591
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

What's there to be surprised about? They were semi trolling that game / showing off.
Old 2016-10-15, 23:05   Link #6592
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

It's just not really something I'd expect out of them. Korean teams have usually been very disciplined in their games and seldom do things that run the risk of throwing.

Old 2016-10-15, 23:49   Link #6593
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
It's just not really something I'd expect out of them. Korean teams have usually been very disciplined in their games and seldom do things that run the risk of throwing.
Samsung White dropped 1 game to TSM by getting cocky in 2014. That was their only loss of that tournament.

And as expected, Korea are set to be 1-2-3. They crush in Bo5. This is getting really old.
Old 2016-10-16, 08:21   Link #6594
Eragon
Still Alive

Maybe if other regions weren't such trash-cans this could have been entertaining. China was shit when lane-swapping was alive so, I thought they would be pretty good now that standard lanes are back but nope, they are just trash at the game it seems. EDG only got out of groups cause they had the easiest one and RNG got out cause TSM's bot lane just shat the bed.
Old 2016-10-16, 08:33   Link #6595
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

You just hate China.

2014 - all three Chinese teams make top8
2015 - one of two Chinese teams makes top8
2016 - two of three Chinese teams make top8
Old 2016-10-17, 15:06   Link #6596
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

On stuff besides worlds I am the only one that feels Jayce is absurdly overtuned in soloq and competitive level? I played him a few times for the first time in a long time and each times I just ran over my lane opponents getting 15+ kills each match, the damage on his melee combo makes it feel like landing ranged Q/E combo is unnecessary (not that it doesn't hit like a truck if you do hit it), and his mana costs are at a point where tear feels completely unneeded on him and watching him at worlds he certainly looks like an S tier pick.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 18:54   Link #6597
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotohono View Post
On stuff besides worlds I am the only one that feels Jayce is absurdly overtuned in soloq and competitive level? I played him a few times for the first time in a long time and each times I just ran over my lane opponents getting 15+ kills each match, the damage on his melee combo makes it feel like landing ranged Q/E combo is unnecessary (not that it doesn't hit like a truck if you do hit it), and his mana costs are at a point where tear feels completely unneeded on him and watching him at worlds he certainly looks like an S tier pick.
From the looks of it, yes. Kennen is also a continual threat up there. Although a friend of mine who has recently returned to the game rocketed to Diamond 1 in very short time playing mainly Riven and Rumble.
Old 2016-10-17, 21:42   Link #6598
Eragon
Still Alive

I feel like most Jayce's power right now comes from Ghost Blade rush. Flat armor pen is ridiculously good right now and he already has good match ups in top so, its pretty easy to snowball. Also, he can go mid just as easily since Maw is still op as shot against mages
Old 2016-10-18, 15:53   Link #6599
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Putting my money down on H2K. SSG looks great sure but they played a team that was just as crummy as ANX (I'd argue more so, but I shan't overstep). I think H2K knows the danger of Jhin, and if they can prevent playing that or giving that pick to Ruler, Forg1ven and Vander can start winning that lane. If Jankos can throw some gears at Ambition then it's totally do-able. Ryu just can't tilt and start camping a single bush xD

SSG's latest achievements have been taking a laning advantage and snowballing to victory. H2K's not going to give them that laning advantage without one heck of a fight - they'll first pick Cait and/or Karma every time.

SSG is the favorite, no doubt, yadda yadda Korean yadda. But I see it going to 5 games.

And I see H2K taking it :^]
Old 2016-10-21, 18:01   Link #6600
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Just tuned in to first game of SKT vs ROX.

What does the scouter say about SKT's gold lead?
It's OVER 9000!!

Spoiler for SKT vs ROX:

Last edited by Kotohono; 2016-10-21 at 19:13. Reason: Please spoil for peopl who read but aren't watching live

Tags
league of legends, lol