AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-30, 11:34   Link #1341
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
@Sunder the Gold:

Close range combat moves/combos I found are:

[ ] - Palm attack with magic sphere
/ \ - Standard Reflect/Counter-attack shield
O - This is his grab move, he places magic circle in front of him, when the enemy is caught in it, it will auto matically activate and attack the opponent, no need to press a second O

[ ], [ ] combo: Hits with the first Palm attack, then attacks with second one, I think it's double handed, this will send the opponent away from you and out of your close range combat circle.

[ ], / \ combo: Hits with the first Palm attack, then sends out three chains at three different angles from his palm to attack opponent.

[ ], O combo: Hits with the first Palm attack, then sends out a chain from a magic circle below the opponent and the chain attacks the opponent, sending them up into the air.

Long Range attacks

Tap [ ], sends only one magical projectile at enemy
Hold [ ], sends one magical projectile, then a second one at the enemy

Tap /\, creates a shield of magic around and charges at enemy, short distance, does only about 1 hit I think.
Hold /\, creates the shield of magic around him but takes a bit longer, then charges at the enemy, distance traveled is longer than just tapping /\, does several hits against enemy.

Tap O, Chain anchor, sends chain, if hits enemy, binds them in place for about a second, allowing a second attack or closing distance to enemy
Hold O, Chain anchor, sneds chain, if hits enemy, binds them in place, as well as being able to hookshot towards them with Yuuno, allowing close range combat combo.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 12:30   Link #1342
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I have heard (and have done) some major grumbling about a lack of a Makoto story in Blazblue, to name an example.
That's because Makoto was originally a DLC character. She does have her own story (just like the other DLC characters) in Blazblue CS2 extend though

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
I think all FDB cannot be dodged, though Yunno and Yuri's are long range and can hit easier as compared to people like Reinforce.
Just mash opposite direction and X and it won't hit. Most of the fdb can be easily dodged, however most of the melee fdb can be combo'd into and while you are being hit by a small combo you obviously can't dodge it.

Last edited by hyl; 2011-12-30 at 12:42. Reason: typo
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 13:04   Link #1343
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
That's because Makoto was originally a DLC character. She does have her own story (just like the other DLC characters) in Blazblue CS2 extend though
Yeah, that's what I meant. Putting characters in a game with decent story without giving said characters a story of their own often results in grumbling.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 14:39   Link #1344
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yeah, that's what I meant. Putting characters in a game with decent story without giving said characters a story of their own often results in grumbling.
She didn't have her own story route, no, but she DID appear in Tager's story, which revealed a LOT about her.

She also had an appearance in Jin's story, which revealed a bit more.

@Hayate22: Thanks a lot for the information!

But your info didn't include what command causes Yuuno to execute that dashing punch. Is that some kind of ambiguous Long/Short range attack?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 16:35   Link #1345
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
She didn't have her own story route, no, but she DID appear in Tager's story, which revealed a LOT about her.

She also had an appearance in Jin's story, which revealed a bit more.

@Hayate22: Thanks a lot for the information!

But your info didn't include what command causes Yuuno to execute that dashing punch. Is that some kind of ambiguous Long/Short range attack?
Ah that's right, they did add something to everyone with a new button combo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Close range combat for all characters:
/\ does the standard auto counter-attack shield HOWEVER if you press /\ again immediately afterwards. Each will perform their own unique manual counter attack move.

List of manual counterattacks: (I believe some of them you can combo with. Also note, all manual counterattacks act like melees, these can be countered by your opponent if they use the auto-counter shield /\)

Vivio Takamachi - She does a 'jumping' backwards spin roundhouse kick

Amitie Florian - uses the the 'two-hander sword mode' to do an upward slash

Hayate Yagami - using her staff she'll do a quick burst of magical energy in front of her as she thrusts the staff at the opponent

Nanoha Takamachi - uses her staff to do a downward-right strike

Fate Testarossa - She use the Haken mode of her device to do an upward slash, usually you'll know it since she say "Haken Slash!"

Signum - She use her sword in its "Snake Form" to whip upwards the opponent, you can tell when there are flames coming from below.

Kyrie Florian - like her sister, will use the 'two-hander sword mode' but will do a sweeping slash horizontally-upward

Einhart Stratos - She will do something similiar to Vivio, she will do a 'jumping' rotating her body in the air to perform two kicks downward onto the opponent

Yuuno Scrya - He will do a dashing punch

Reinforce - She will do a the double-handed overhead smash, however this also comes with a bit of magical power as it creates a wider attack range using that magic

Shamal - She will create this green 'cylinder' of air to shoot upwards, knocking the opponent up, it will always appear below the opponent when in close range

Chrono- His is too flashy, he first SPINS his staff for a second and then like Yuuno, charges into a dashing STAB with his staff.

Vita - She will activate 'Giant Mode' on her hammer and then do a spinning sweep attack, which basically spins her 2 times, allowing 2 attacks in that one counter.

Zafira - Similar to how Vivio and Einhart, he will do a forward flip, and immediately do a downward kick onto the opponent during the flip. However his starting phase takes too long leaving him open.

Arf - She will do a kind of a spin short jump side kick

Touma - He will do an overhead, down slash, then do an upward slash. Can do up to 2 hits. He will yell out "Divide Edge!" Again, this makes me repeat my earlier statement that Touma is like Nightmare or Siegfried from Soul Calibur.

Leize Twins - Both twins, no matter which is out will do the same move which is a kind of a backward spin standing roundhouse kick. the kick path is more horizontal than up from what I can tell.

Linith - She will do a kind of simple spin with one of her free hand moving upwards, sending magical projectiles from below. Does 3 hits.

Precia Testarossa - changes her staff into a whip and does one whip attack, does two hits

Stern - Hers is like a small charging action, then a quick upward palm-flaming-uppercut. Very close range this one.

Levi - kinda like the opposite of Nanoha, Levi uses her 'axe' to do what Nanoha does but does a upward-left striking action.

Dearche - somewhat goes into the air slightly, and thrusts her staff towards her opponent, and a linear rain of magical swords rains down towards the opponent starting from Dearche to the end of her combat circle. Can do a maximum of 3 hits from what I can tell. It will only go in a straight line, does not home in on opponent after being fired. She will yell out the Japanese phrase for "Perish" or the archaec way of using the world 'Fall' like 'fall in battle' or 'fall before my might.' etc.

Yuri - Is the exact opposite of Dearche, she will have spheres appear in a straight line below the opponent and send spikes rising upwards-towards the opponent. same issue as Dearche, only goes in a straight line, and does not home in on opponent after being fired.
Old 2011-12-30, 16:51   Link #1346
Sunder the Gold

Pressing triangle twice makes Yuuno do the dashing punch? But yes, this move can serve as the start of a combo, as I've seen Yuuno follow a dashing punch into the triple chain strike more than once.

Does pressing triangle once create a visible barrier spell?
Old 2011-12-30, 17:21   Link #1347
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Pressing triangle once to create that visible barrier shield. Pressing the triangle button immediately after will cause the manual counter attack.

Basically there are two different counter attacks for each character. One is the auto-counter that happens. And the other is the manual one that requres the /\ /\ combo.

I am not sure if there are other ways to do so.

Oh yeah, Nanoha has a new attack that is more powerful than her charged Divine Buster. (Hold /\)

To access Nanoha's Hyperion Smasher attack, you must be in Full Drive and then do the same as the charged Divine Buster. (Hold /\)
Old 2011-12-30, 17:27   Link #1348
Sunder the Gold

But I've seen the dashing punch without a barrier... I think. Hmm.

Still, how do the dashing punch and the palm ball compare to each other? What are each good for?
Old 2011-12-30, 17:30   Link #1349
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Palm ball is generally from what I can tell just a standing 'punch' which is just a basic combo starter. The dashing punch acts similiarly, just gives a longer attack range, but is a combo starter from what I can tell.

Some of the manual counter attacks are just for countering, while others do knockback, while others do combo starters. Each character is different.
Old 2011-12-30, 17:53   Link #1350
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
What is the different between Divine buster and Hyperion Smasher. except that HS covers the screen.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 18:20   Link #1351
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Attack damage of Hyperion Smasher is higher than charged Divine Buster.
Old 2011-12-30, 19:48   Link #1352
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
What is the different between Divine buster and Hyperion Smasher. except that HS covers the screen.
Nanoha swings Raising Heart then casts Hyperion Smasher.During swinging,enemy's attack is resisted except bind.Make sure it in training mode.
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 22:21   Link #1353
Sunder the Gold

http://nanoha.wikia.com/wiki/Shoot_Barret

Checking the Japanese characters, this is actually the shooting spell that Yuuno is using. Barret, not Bullet.

Or rather, maybe "Barret" was always supposed to be Bullet.

Yuuno would be using the "Barret/Bullet F" variant, though, since his shots track the target instead of flying straight.

Also, given his capability with barriers and adding them to other types of spells (such as fields, which are supposed to be tricky), he should be capable of the Variable Barret.
Old 2011-12-30, 23:42   Link #1354
Justin_Brett

It's definitely bullet. Japanese romanize things weird.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 23:48   Link #1355
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
It's definitely bullet. Japanese romanize things weird.
Not really, when they romanize some things, they also have to account for how the original word was pronouced. So they find the closest ones that sound like the original word.
Old 2011-12-31, 00:13   Link #1356
Sunder the Gold

...Hey, if only people with multiple Devices or Cartridge-igniting Devices can defeat UD...

Why do Vivio and Thoma fight her, supermodes or otherwise?

Why do the Gears, Einhart, Shamal and Zafira fight her, since they don't even have supermodes? Zafira doesn't have even ONE Device.

In the end, the only characters I see NOT fighting UD are Yuuno and Arf. Which seems pretty damn conspicuous if even Shamala and Zafira are getting in on the action.

(Stern and Levi are participating through Dearche, and both got their shot BEFORE that fight, too, which is why they end up Unisoning with Dearche in the first place.)

And, in fact, does Yuuno show up at ALL after the plot actually gets moving?

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2011-12-31 at 01:26.
Old 2011-12-31, 01:04   Link #1357
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Wow. I can't believe they didn't catch/fix that bug in the final sequence.
Spoiler for easier win boss:
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 01:22   Link #1358
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
Pressing triangle once to create that visible barrier shield. Pressing the triangle button immediately after will cause the manual counter attack.

Basically there are two different counter attacks for each character. One is the auto-counter that happens. And the other is the manual one that requres the /\ /\ combo.

I am not sure if there are other ways to do so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFDd...ailpage#t=231s

In that moment of that video, Yuuno rushes at Vivio with a Protection Smash, but comes up short before hitting her... and then immediately launches into a Dashing Melee Strike. There is no close-range Barrier activation.

So, the Triangle->Triangle Combo can apparently be activated by starting in Long Range (where the button activates Protection Smash) and pressing the button again once at Short Range (where the button activates the manual "counterattack").

So, you could effectively begin a short range Combo with a long range Protection Smash attack. That is, assuming the Combo works if the Protection Smash actually hits.

Aside from that one case, yes, all other instances of the dashing palm ball strike happen after a visible Barrier activation.

On the story side of things, I'm guessing that Yuuno's grab and auto-counterattack are Field-type spells. They're definitely not Shooting-type or Magic-Enhanced Attack type.

Presumably, his palm ball, double palm blast and dashing palm ball are all technically Magic-Enhanced Attacks, despite the fact that he never physically touches the opponent with them.
Old 2011-12-31, 01:41   Link #1359
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Do all characters now have a full four-input melee combo, or do some characters only have two-input combos like, say, Rein and Hayate did in BOA?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 01:50   Link #1360
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Do all characters now have a full four-input melee combo, or do some characters only have two-input combos like, say, Rein and Hayate did in BOA?
Hayate22 didn't relate a single four-input Combo for Yuuno; all of his regular Combos involve just two button presses, which seems consistent with what I see in the videos.

Being able to use Protection Smash as the trigger for the manual "counterattack" is a possible method of getting a fake "three-input Combo", though.

I wonder if Vivio can do something similar with Axel Smash?