AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Hyouka - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 9 14.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 37.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 24.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-30, 08:30   Link #21
raruku

Well...

-Houtarou turn into support cast for this arc, and that's what he want (lol)
-Chitanda fail to imitate empress, not super unnatural thought considering how her character is.
-Mayaka and her Genshiken keep more and more interesting.
-Hope Satoshi shine on the later part of the arc, he deserve it.
Old 2012-07-30, 08:32   Link #22
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I didn't like this episode quite as much as the two most recent ones, but it was still a very good episode.

I'm starting to think that Hyouka is ironically at its best when it's not focusing on mysteries.

For me, the highlights of this episode were:

1. Mayaka's continued issues with the Manga Society From Hell. Man, those Vocaloid cosplayers are hilariously catty and nasty.

2. "I have expectations!" Ha ha ha ha! Chitanda failing so spectacularly at Irisu's style of asking for help was comedy gold.

3. Admittedly, that scene that rulfo put up as a gif. That was pretty funny, I have to admit.

So of the three, two had nothing to do with the mystery, and the third one is funny mostly because it's an update of Chitanda's comedy routine.

And the mystery itself is so random and ultimately lowkey that it's hard to get into. Hyouka makes up for it by scattering several nice comedy bits and character development bits throughout, though.

I'm honestly mostly interested in seeing how Mayaka works out these issues with the Manga Society From Hell.

8/10 for Episode 15 of Hyouka.
Old 2012-07-30, 08:39   Link #23
ellessarr
Banned

see on the start how chitanda power are "super effective" on oreki's(to the point of making him freeze in time) is awesome, and see even when he says "no" aways ends being a "yes" is very fun

chitanda unable to use irisu's power is very fun(she still dont know who just use her hypno eyes are very effectives than anything)

oreki's and mayaka having a tsundere talking is priceless(poor oreki was a very bad move reveal to mayaka he's great weakness), see him say is unable to trully say no to chitanda was funny

and in the end satoshi triyng to shining become the detective of this new mistery gona be fun

about mayaka problens on the manga's club i think the whole problem is not because the sempai's couple are being bad with mayaka they are justing using her skill in manga's(knowledge and drawning skills) to promove the club activites they are just good peoples in the end, the problem is they not are trully to her, and failing in reveal to her everytime something happen was used to attract more ppls to the club(the debate and drawning contests), because on the start both of then showed being good persons.
Old 2012-07-30, 10:09   Link #24
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Highlights of the episode for me...

1) Mayaka's saga. Given the hints, I am thinking that Ayako was the illustrator of the manga that Mayaka praised, so it probably knocked her off-center when she heard the indirect( and unintentional) compliment. Her skills in illustration was also hinted at in Ep14 when she completed her poster in record-time, and in colour too.

2) Mayaka giggling at Houtarou's "problem" with Eru.

3) A more direct portrayal of Satoshi's descent to the "Dark Side". Best friends at 12, arch-enemies at 16. Such a classic, if tragic, trope. Guess this marks the start of the bitter-sweetness that they mentioned pre-airing.

Cheers.
Old 2012-07-30, 11:28   Link #25
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Speaking about character development, i'd rather commenting it from the outer scope, especially for Fukube and Oreki, and their respective CV Daisuke Sakiguchi and Yuuichi Nakamura.

Daisuke Sakaguchi, CVing the used-to-be-picked Sunohara Youhei has now evolving into not only juz a picker, but also something more than that, as in being the supporting pillar for Classic Club, as well as being the relationship connector between Classic Club members and other supporting characters outside of the club itself. Fukube, in a way, has a bit resemblance to Youhei, but with more positive sides to him, and that is exactly the part that i like about him.

Oreki on the other hand, being CVed by Yuiichi Nakamura, has somewhat being downgraded from the almighty picker and all-charming Okazaki Tomoya, into a sloth and not-popular-among-girls character, but with one shining ability - the power of deduction. At least that ability gained him respects from many characters in Hyouka, not just within Classic Club itself. If i have to say of Oreki's resemblance with any other Nakamura's CVed characters, the closest one i think would probably be Kyousuke Kousaka. But Oreki, more or less, has that traits from Okazaki that dislikes being outstanding and popular, and always ended up being a slave to girls.

Kyoani made a great job in bringing back those CV duo from Clannad into Hyouka, and reversing their characters and role in the series. Its always fun to see these kind of changes, just like how they brought in Tomokazu Sugita in the previous eps, and had him doing the jabs and punch liners. But thats not the only reason why i love Hyouka. Aside from its great plots and storyline, i also love to see how the character interactions would be till the end of the series, particularly between Oreki and Chitanda. Not to say i don't like Mayaka and Fukube's relationship, but Oreki and Chitanda's relationship always drives me HHHNNGGGGG every time. Even if its not a romantic kind of relationship, but its still interesting and fun to watch.
Old 2012-07-30, 11:28   Link #26
Pen3

This show would be more interesting with less Chitanda time and more Ibara and others. I am not saying to remove her, but after she gets Oreki started i don't want to see her till everything is solved since she does noting anyways. She wouldn't even let him finish his meal prepared by the lovely Tomoe.
Old 2012-07-30, 13:10   Link #27
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Satoshi has always been the most intriguing character to me, mostly because I can't help but wonder at his seemingly deceptive outward appearance. Behind his smiling facade, what is he thinking? Humans, be it real life or fiction, those who do not outright demonstrate their feelings are the ones should be feared most. The depth of mankind's dark side is sometimes fathomless. I hope as the series continues, Satoshi will show more of his dark side.

I think Oreki's sister is behind the thefts. My instinct tells me so!

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-07-30 at 13:46.
Old 2012-07-30, 13:46   Link #28
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I'm glad there was more Mayaka than usual on this episode. This mystery is really interesting though.
Old 2012-07-30, 15:36   Link #29
Zeross

can someone explain what does the item name chain is ?

i understand the club name chain (going through hiragana in order), but i dont understand the chain about the item name

please, i have expectations of you ! ()
Old 2012-07-30, 15:42   Link #30
joeboygo
mechaii

Another question: is it a coincidence that Irisu and the student council bigwigs were all present at this particular show?
Old 2012-07-30, 15:47   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboygo View Post
Another question: is it a coincidence that Irisu and the student council bigwigs were all present at this particular show?
That seemed a bit suspicious to me too.

I wouldn't be surprised if they figured out a few things themselves, and want to catch the crook.
Old 2012-07-30, 15:56   Link #32
joeboygo
mechaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That seemed a bit suspicious to me too.

I wouldn't be surprised if they figured out a few things themselves, and want to catch the crook.
If that's true, it would raise the stakes for this mystery by an order of magnitude, wouldn't it?

Whoever catches Jumonji will be the toast of the entire school!
Old 2012-07-30, 16:02   Link #33
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboygo View Post
My guess is the same reason as Satoshi's. After all, once they know all the club names involved, it's not hard to figure out. A problem with this guess is only Satoshi and his rival friends are the ones who reacted when the candle was shown stolen. Maybe they are the only two that tried to catch Juumoji in the act, others already realized that he/she could have stole it beforehand. They might be there just to see the scene of crime.

Or Irisu has a crash on the magician, the president on her, and Ayako (manga-club-sempai) on Tanabe (that Fukuyama-san voiced guy).
Old 2012-07-30, 20:19   Link #34
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'd have to feel extremely sorry for the guy Irisu has a crush on...
Old 2012-07-30, 20:25   Link #35
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Chitanda being too earnest to pull off Irisu's clandestine tactics was predictable, but hilariously so.
Old 2012-07-30, 20:54   Link #36
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'd have to feel extremely sorry for the guy Irisu has a crush on...
... Why? She's an attractive girl. She's smart. She's very reliable (in the sense of being able to get things accomplished). She likely has a good future ahead of her.

And I think it's presumptuous to think that Irisu would treat the closest people in her life the way she did Oreki. There's a rather large difference between working for someone, and being someone's boyfriend.
Old 2012-07-30, 21:10   Link #37
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

things go back to beign melodramatic when mystery returns, and it dont help that the mystery feel as irrelevant and out of proportion as ever, the plot ala herlock sholmes versus arsene lupin seem interesting but the raolution of the mysterys os this have proven to be very mundane.
Old 2012-07-30, 21:13   Link #38
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
... Why? She's an attractive girl. She's smart. She's very reliable (in the sense of being able to get things accomplished). She likely has a good future ahead of her.

And I think it's presumptuous to think that Irisu would treat the closest people in her life the way she did Oreki. There's a rather large difference between working for someone, and being someone's boyfriend.

I'm not hating on her. I'm just saying she's dangerous.

I'm more thinking about what lengths she'd go to get his attention. The end result would probably be manipulating him into asking her out rather than vice versa

Really I was just jiking because it could make a fubny "what if" scenario. Sometimes I can't help but think she should have her own side story...

Last edited by Haak; 2012-07-30 at 21:24.
Old 2012-07-30, 21:24   Link #39
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm not hating on her. I'm just saying she's dangerous.

I'm more thinking about what lengths she'd go to get his attention. The end result would probably be manipulating him into asking her out rather than vice versa.
Oh, I see where you're coming from now. Yeah, I guess it could be a bit troublesome, in the early going at least.
Old 2012-07-30, 21:55   Link #40
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeross View Post
can someone explain what does the item name chain is ?

i understand the club name chain (going through hiragana in order), but i dont understand the chain about the item name

please, i have expectations of you ! ()
The thief case is based on Agatha Christie's ABC murder, where A person is killed in town A (as described by Mayaka).

So the thief basically steals stuff that has the same hiragana as the club itself.

Igo --> Ishi (stone)
Oryouri --> Otama (ladle)
Uranai --> Unmei no wa (Wheel of fortune)
Acappella --> Apple Juice
Engei --> AK (pronounced as Ei-K) gun name.
Closed Thread