AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-08, 21:10   Link #1281
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Sorry to say, but if Nagi DOES have sex with Karin, she will win. .
At this point I agree. That being said I am a huge believer in the first come trope... So I think one of three-four things will happen.

First, which I consider the least likely to be honest, is that this goes all the way through, and Nagi does in fact hook up with Karin and she will become the new first and win.

Second, which I still consider the most likely, is that there will be some sort of interruption, not the standard shonen, someone accidentally walking in or some other outside thing interrupting them, but either Karin or Nagi gets cold feet and it doesn't happen. Thus ending in a Shizaku win eventually.

Third, which I consider almost as probable as a Shizaku ending is a true harem ending. Everyone wins. Good times are had. Yay. (I hope for this ending, I really like all the girls a lot)

The fourth option is the bad one. I don't like it at all, I would be quite upset if it happens. It also has alot of variables to it that I am sure am missing some. Earlier in the thread it was commented on that there is an element of human sacrifice of the dragon god faith. The ritual sacrifice of maidens in time of disaster is actually a fairly common practice in faiths all over the world. Granted today none of the big ones follow with that kind of practice, but it has historical precedent. Particularly in this manga it was show that maidens were sacrificed before. Read http://www.mangafox.com/manga/umi_no...6/c051/18.html and the rest of the chapter. Its happened before it could happen again. What I am getting at is that one or maybe even 2 of the maidens will be sacrificed to avert some sort of disaster, or in response of said disaster. If that happens I see Shizaku being the most likely to die, she fits the proper maiden stereotype so well. Or slated to die, as the Dragon God he might be able to put a stop to it, thus claiming her and sealing their ending. Or Karin and or Soyogi can insist on doing the proper maidenly thing over her, and letting the two of them be happy.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 23:53   Link #1282
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Sorry to say, but if Nagi DOES have sex with Karin, she will win.
And that's why i think that something will interrupt them... we're being trolled.
Old 2011-07-09, 00:18   Link #1283
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
And that's why i think that something will interrupt them... we're being trolled.
Let say there no meaning to who has sex first.

I'm sure the outcome still up in the air.
Old 2011-07-09, 00:37   Link #1284
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Can someone start like a countdown to the next chapter? People are going nuts up in here.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 00:42   Link #1285
Fran~
floating away...

Karin is using women's flawless weapon because she knows that if she doesn't do it , Shizuku will win the battle with no effort at all. Karin isn't as naive as Soyogi, she planned all this from the very beggining.

This manga isn't like School Days, so i would say that here is very important who will be the one to have sex with Nagi first, they are maidens after all.
Old 2011-07-09, 01:04   Link #1286
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I just hope Nagi steps in with his Dragon god role should anything happen within the island traditions that may put the girls in a tough spot.
Old 2011-07-09, 02:50   Link #1287
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

It's getting pretty intense in here.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 03:06   Link #1288
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I just hope Nagi steps in with his Dragon god role should anything happen within the island traditions that may put the girls in a tough spot.
I agree. Until now Nagi hasn't really cared about the Dragon God business, except of understanding the job of the Maidens better when he accompanied them for a while on their daily business. Should it really come dramtic, I hope that Nagi remembers his own words that he wishes to break down the old traditions. Or at least I remember, that he said something like that
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 07:57   Link #1289
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Let say there no meaning to who has sex first.

I'm sure the outcome still up in the air.
Didn't Mike say that the "first" was a checkpoint? This could be the authors POV on this turn of events. I've been trying to make sense of the whole Mike interlude, and that is the first handle I've been able to find. The "Experience Gained" trope was an integral part of the Ai yori Aoshi finale. If this is the case, much more foreplay will occur. ALL of the maidens will gain experience/favor.
On a side note, 21 pages of foreplay, WHOH!

Last edited by crossguy; 2011-07-09 at 07:58. Reason: comma missing.
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 08:54   Link #1290
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Can someone start like a countdown to the next chapter? People are going nuts up in here.
Seven weeks or so to go... lol.
Old 2011-07-09, 11:52   Link #1291
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I am wondering if something totally unexpected will happen to interrupt things out of the ordinary ... like Karin suddenly having a brief "vision" of seeing Nagi in a "Dragon God" mode or something ... and it scaring her badly.

Come to think of it we have only had a few teeny glimpses of Nagi anything approaching the claim that he is the reincarnated god of the island - maybe this angle ill be used to get out of the current flow of things (if that is intended)?
Old 2011-07-09, 12:34   Link #1292
ZODDGUTS

That's assuming their religion is real in that world. But more than likely it was made by primitive people, using superstitions to explain how things "work" in this world. Apparently you have to sacrifice maidens to stop a disaster's from happening.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 12:51   Link #1293
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
That's assuming their religion is real in that world. But more than likely it was made by primitive people, using superstitions to explain how things "work" in this world. Apparently you have to sacrifice maidens to stop a disaster's from happening.
Well, to be honest I was taking the supernatural element for granted to be true as a part of the story thus far and that it will continue to be so.

But if you wanna read the story's backdrop as nothing other than superstitions from primitive people that is up to you. *shrugs*

Anyhoo - 7 weeks is indeed a long time to wait for the next chapter.
Old 2011-07-09, 13:55   Link #1294
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Karin aunt acknowledge that it was tradition to do so, but they don't follow through with it full heartily any more.
Old 2011-07-09, 14:24   Link #1295
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Seven weeks or so to go... lol.
It should be like this: 7 weeks, X days, X hours, X minutes, AND A CRAPLOAD OF SECONDS TO GO! Also, the only way I can see this going south, and I don't mean foreplaying each other mouth-like, is that when they're about to do it, time runs out, midnight arrives, and it's all like, out time is up pay me lots of money o.o.
Old 2011-07-09, 20:34   Link #1296
NaweG
Just some guy

It's possible that "gain favor" has the old medieval meaning to it, in which case it is likely our Dragon God will be spending serious time with all three maidens, but the winner will be the one to produce the male heir to maintain the bloodline.

Which begs the question of what happens with the other two and any non-male progeny they may have. Hopefully no equivalent of the Tower of London on that isle.
Old 2011-07-09, 23:03   Link #1297
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Which begs the question of what happens with the other two and any non-male progeny they may have.
Probably they would be relegated to a second level of importance in hierarchy.
Old 2011-07-10, 00:16   Link #1298
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Probably they would be relegated to a second level of importance in hierarchy.
they likely just become the next generation of cape maidens to continue on the line. Like maybe the current ones are descended from the previous dragon god which was why hey were given the role as cape maidens since it seems to run through families.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 07:16   Link #1299
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The next chapter is on my Birthday? Hell yeah.
Old 2011-07-10, 16:40   Link #1300
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

In Ch 7,(p16) Tama tells Nagi the Cape Maidens are sacrifices, to give their bodies to the gods.
But Karin in Ch12(p7) says " It's been hundreds of years, why did he show up now!" That tends to beat up the idea that there is direct generational linage- Bob was a DG, so his boy Billy Bob's
one too. That just doesn't seem to happen. There's a whole lot of back story in this tale that cries out to be explained. Ooba's relationship with Karin and Rinne. How did Nagi's Dad meet his Mom. Was Ooba the former chief maiden, did the love of the Dragon God for an Island maiden REQUIRE an actual human sacrifice... Yeah, You guys get it too. Lots of don't know.
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen