AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-21, 23:36   Link #2181
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Episode 38 was decent. It looks like Kou knows a lot about Aoba when he told Azuma to give Aoba the glove maintenance kit. Akane and Kou's relation is developing pretty well, as we see at the end of the episode Akane was waiting for Kou and she said "I knew you were on this train" or something along those lines. Azuma and Aoba relation is also developing, Aoba thinks of Azuma as a senpai (saying sorry for him taking her bag), but also goes to eat ramen with him because of a bet.

Next episode: Always - It looks like Akane is going to work part-time at Tsukishima restaurant, as we can see her in the preview with the 4 leaf clover apron. If this happens, Aoba and Akane could really become really good friends.
Old 2009-12-22, 00:38   Link #2182
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
The gunshot quote is from Golgo 13.
Almost knocked me off my rocker watching Aoba do her best Duke Togo impersonation.

That was one of the most random homages I've seen...

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 06:29   Link #2183
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

It's interesting that while Akaishi is shipping Kou x Akane, Kou is shipping Akaishi x Akane.

Aoba is also pro Akaishi x Akane.

Nakanishi is shipping Azuma x Aoba.

Azuma, it seems is going for Kou x Aoba. Ichiyo is too. Possibly Momiji also.

It's getting complicated.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 09:23   Link #2184
poko-kun

I think Nakanishi just warned Kou about what's going to happen.
Old 2009-12-22, 19:02   Link #2185
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

I pretty much agree with what has been said so far. I just want to second Senda singing the ED and the Aoba-Momiji gun scene, both were hilarious. Interesting scene after the Kabuki, Kou doesn't realize that they are not talking about how the food was, but about how the Kabuki show was. Instead of correcting him, Akane plays a long with it. Perhaps she got the message? But then she gave Kou a gift that she spent more time on vs. Akaishi's gift. This is getting... you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
I think Nakanishi just warned Kou about what's going to happen.
Yes and we know what's in Kou's mind during the train ride home. I kind of wished they showed the Aoba and Azuma ramen date thingy heh.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 19:23   Link #2186
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
But then she gave Kou a gift that she spent more time on vs. Akaishi's gift.
I might be forgetting something, but are you sure that's true? What if she just started Akaishi's gift first, when he gave her the tickets?

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 19:47   Link #2187
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitagiIsHot View Post
But then she gave Kou a gift that she spent more time on vs. Akaishi's gift.
I might be forgetting something, but are you sure that's true? What if she just started Akaishi's gift first, when he gave her the tickets?
Akane said it herself that Kou's one took a bit longer when she presented it to him.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 19:48   Link #2188
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitagiIsHot View Post
This is getting... you know...
Complicated?
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 20:23   Link #2189
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Tis true. Actually it took "more effort" than Akaishi's gift, after just now rewatching the scene. Either way (effort vs. time -> more often than not these two are directly proportional)... she put "more" into Kou's gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Complicated?
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 20:24   Link #2190
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
Azuma, it seems is going for Kou x Aoba. Ichiyo is too. Possibly Momiji also.

As of 38, Azuma is decidedly Azuma x Aoba.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 05:35   Link #2191
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
As of 38, Azuma is decidedly Azuma x Aoba.
Maybe a bit. But I feel he's mainly setting himself up to be Aoba's consolation prize. If Kou were to make a move, or Akane moves herself out of the picture, Azuma would probably step aside.

Then again, Azuma did mention that Aoba's the only girl he'd consider going out with.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 06:29   Link #2192
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
Indeed, but you left out Akane. Which pairing is she favouring?

In all honesty, despite the smaller knowledge she has of the situation compared to the others, she gave me the impression of favouring Kou x Aoba. This, while not denying herself a chance to know Kou better, and then see. Meanwhile, she's happening to get closer to Akaishi too.

If, as the preview seems to imply, she will start working at Clover, she will become much closer to Aoba, to the point that she might be the one person opening Aoba's eyes about the true light of things. Adachi would even have got two ways now: either communicate through Akane's own wisdom, or through her status of Wakaba look-alike; she might happen to say things Wakaba used to say in the past, making Aoba think about them. A sort of reverse process of the one that brought the status quo in which Aoba is blocked mainly because of some things Wakaba told her in the past.

This is going to be interesting, from whichever side you decide to look at it. Also, I wouldn't give to much weight to the trinkets. I take it that Akane is a very kind and thoughtful person, if someone does something she appreciate, she feels obligate to repay somehow, it's her nature. This time she happened to appreciate both Akaishi (for the tickets) and Kou (for the company) so she gave a trinket to both. About the fact she spent more time on Kou's, just look at the items, the one Kou got is more complicated to do, due to his physical shape and role in the field. On the contrary, for the same reasons, Akaishi's was easier to realize, but I don't think there was "hierarchy" involved.
Old 2009-12-23, 08:52   Link #2193
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Did anyone notice how they clearly showed the Number 2 on Akaishi's trinket. I nearly cried.

Quote:
Kou clearly isn't happy with developments as they stand
I've always thought he was just confused and doesn't know entirely what to make of it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 09:16   Link #2194
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Did anyone notice how they clearly showed the Number 2 on Akaishi's trinket. I nearly cried.
But why? It's only natural, those are their team numbers.

If by chance she'd have put number 1 on Akaishi and 2 on Kou, it would have looked more messed up than anything.
Old 2009-12-23, 09:21   Link #2195
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
But why? It's only natural, those are their team numbers.

If by chance she'd have put number 1 on Akaishi and 2 on Kou, it would have looked more messed up than anything.
I know. I just figured they might have done it on purpose.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 10:01   Link #2196
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
This is our best hope, as I think Akane is still a Kou x Aoba shipper as of now. But how long can she resist the charms of Kitamura Kou? She's only human, after all.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 10:07   Link #2197
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
This is our best hope, as I think Akane is still a Kou x Aoba shipper as of now. But how long can she resist the charms of Kitamura Kou? She's only human, after all.
Didn't you already succumb in to his manly charms?

So apparently there won't be Cross Game next week (goddammit). With Cross Game and Kimi ni Todoke ending on big question marks this week, I need to find some way to stay sane for the next 2 weeks.

Urgh.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 10:08   Link #2198
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
She's only human, after all.
Are you sure about that?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 10:22   Link #2199
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:

In all honesty, despite the smaller knowledge she has of the situation compared to the others, she gave me the impression of favouring Kou x Aoba. This, while not denying herself a chance to know Kou better, and then see. Meanwhile, she's happening to get closer to Akaishi too.

If, as the preview seems to imply, she will start working at Clover, she will become much closer to Aoba, to the point that she might be the one person opening Aoba's eyes about the true light of things. Adachi would even have got two ways now: either communicate through Akane's own wisdom, or through her status of Wakaba look-alike; she might happen to say things Wakaba used to say in the past, making Aoba think about them. A sort of reverse process of the one that brought the status quo in which Aoba is blocked mainly because of some things Wakaba told her in the past.

This is going to be interesting, from whichever side you decide to look at it. Also, I wouldn't give to much weight to the trinkets. I take it that Akane is a very kind and thoughtful person, if someone does something she appreciate, she feels obligate to repay somehow, it's her nature. This time she happened to appreciate both Akaishi (for the tickets) and Kou (for the company) so she gave a trinket to both. About the fact she spent more time on Kou's, just look at the items, the one Kou got is more complicated to do, due to his physical shape and role in the field. On the contrary, for the same reasons, Akaishi's was easier to realize, but I don't think there was "hierarchy" involved.
Hmm Akane is not getting any sign of cheering Aoba and Kou (not until what tv anime shows us)...

Many scene she seems to be amazed on how Kou and Aoba is alike...
N to me, she is just wondering, if they see her as Akane or Wakaba...

Maybe her working in Clover Cafe will find the answer in that...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 11:28   Link #2200
poko-kun

Quote:
But how long can she resist the charms of Kitamura Kou? She's only human, after all.
I see... this is the meaning of your siggy.

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports