Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-02, 18:39   Link #1801
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Sex and Groin is a joke from this icon. Brilliant observation by the person who made it.

Skytyne made the sketches. Definitely stalking her on DA to see if she comes up with more. This novel may not make a lot of sense but it's causing a lot of unintended hilarity. That cap is ridiculous. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to more from Asagi.
That's pretty funny.

Agreed. Asagi never disappoints, although I'm wondering if we'll actually see the pilots' faces.
Old 2011-01-02, 18:44   Link #1802
Obsidiandagger
Preventer 2nd class

Awesome work on the timeline. It's starting to make more sense. Now I can't wait to see the meeting of all the new pilots.
Obsidiandagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 22:34   Link #1803
akigakuyuu
Tempest

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
If one looks closely Lady Une is listed as being derived from the French word for one, 'un', and as far as I can tell the Japanese also pronounce and write it as 'un' (like in nun). Yes, this is no news. What gets me is the romanization of her name. Clearly, 'une' is pronounced 'oon' and not 'un', which stylistically makes sense because the Lady is a lady but is wrong in phonetic terms. My question is simple; would the Japanese write 'une' and 'un' the same way or could there be a difference? As in, could it be Middie Une and Lady Un?
I can't vouch for a Japanese copy of Episode Zero, but my Japanese character guide romanizes it as 'Lady Une'. Redi An.

The Japanese write the French 'une' as 'an'. Just as 'trios' is written as torowa (Hence Trowa). It's not just a Gundam W thing. http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ranma/rntrebin.htm If you look at the lyrics here from a Ranma 1/2 song, you'll see the same romanizations.

Quote:
That said, huh. I'd always pegged Une to be a reference to 11 somehow.
That's a fandom thing. It's to seperate Une from Heero, both being one. She's 11 because there are two ones and she has a split personality.
Old 2011-01-02, 23:09   Link #1804
akigakuyuu
Tempest

Wonderful job with the timeline, IkuzeMinna!

The First Season/Second season idea is kinda... hard to totally figure out. Does Mars have the same sort of definite seasons as Earth?

First Winter/Second Winter, First Spring/Second Spring like that makes sense novel timeline-wise, but logically.... why would they choose to seperate up the seasons like that when they were back to back? Why not just have one, albeit really long, winter or spring?

If it's First Winter, ect then Second Winter, etc... I would assume they do that so that the names of their seasons match up with the actual seasons of Earth. This makes more sense to me. Also, I think the smaller defrost tiem between Heero and Relena makes a bit more sense. If Relena was a threat to ESUN, due to her faulty defrost or whatever, you'd think they would notice and try to act as timely as they could after being sure she was fruit-loops.

I think the Milliardo might have been using a body-double while President. Why? I don't know. Maybe because he had the realization that people might, you know, recognize him as that guy who tried to blow up 'ze Earth. Sadly, I can write off him not changing his name to 'Well, it worked for Yuy.' *facepalm* Perhaps then it was the body-double who was killed and the real Zechs was behind his family at the funeral. Doesn't make any sense for him to be so much older-looking than everyone else. Especially considering he should be about the same age as Catherine, yea?

Perhaps after his 'death' Relena was unfrozen to become the new Mars President and now that she's, er, not quite working out, he'll pop back up ala 'Preventer Wind'.
Old 2011-01-02, 23:09   Link #1805
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by akigakuyuu View Post
That's a fandom thing. It's to seperate Une from Heero, both being one. She's 11 because there are two ones and she has a split personality.
Ahhh, so that's what it was. See you miss this stuff when you're not in on it the first time around. XD
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 23:20   Link #1806
akigakuyuu
Tempest

Haha, yea. Though, I have to say, I think the fandom now versus 10 years ago when it was on Toonami has grown and matured so very much. I'm not afraid to participate in it now!
Old 2011-01-02, 23:33   Link #1807
wingzerosnuggles

It depends what parts of the internet you go to. I'm willing to bet the novel is suffering over-analysis from all shipping sectors right now. Just stay away from the part of the fanbase that vehemently sees crack as canon and you're safe. Evilena has me a bit nervous considering how fandom usually characterizes Relena. However, she seems to be more cool evil than annoying evil, atm. Time will tell. I just hope Sumisawa doesn't go with her being Heero obsessed. It would be more apt if she didn't give a shit about him and pwned him.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 23:45   Link #1808
akigakuyuu
Tempest

Which would be amusing, as really no pairing have been burned or built-up yet, aside from 6x9. Which was canonly the closest thing to a pairing in the show. Even 5xS could still have a leg, we don't kow who Kathy's father is, and didn't Wufei have an issue looking her in the face at one point? Duo's Jr.'s mom is dead, but that doesn't mean it wasn't Hilde. The only pairing that looks dead in the water to me is 1x2. And I'm sure an arguement could be made for it.

Heck, 3x4 is still as ambiguously gay as ever. I laughed so hard when I realized the 'Winner daughter' was Quatre's younger sister and not his daughter.

Part of me has concern about the fanon reaction to Char!lena, but then again, I wonder how many of the people who characterize her so badly are even going to bother with FT? Most people I know who have an avid dislike for Relena were fans of the crazy GW fandom, not the actual plot of the show itself. They could recite their favourite fic like the back of their hand, but coudn't tell you what the Peacemillion was.

That's my hope for now at least.
Old 2011-01-03, 00:45   Link #1809
wingzerosnuggles

Those people would probably not know what FT is but just say "Well, there's this novel that says she's evil so she's evil! My totally OOC bitch characterization of her is canon now. Heero can totally be with Duo." xD Never mind that the same novel has Duo getting a son, entering the priesthood and being thirty years older than Heero.

Of course, no offense meant. I'm not generalizing the whole slash fandom. Just the ones who insist their crack!ship is canon despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary.
Old 2011-01-03, 00:59   Link #1810
akigakuyuu
Tempest

On an amusing note, I noticed:

We have 1 Heero.
2 Duos.
3 flavours of Trowas. (Trowa/Triton/Trowa P)
4 characters with a 'cat' sound in their name. (Quatre/Quatrine/Kathy/Catherine)

...does this mean we get to look forward to 5 Wufeis?
Old 2011-01-03, 01:09   Link #1811
wingzerosnuggles

Probably not or we'd have a thousand Milliardos.

On another note, Skytyne, who did the earlier FT sketches I posted, has an earlier evil!Relena picture in her gallery. As a result, more of my money will be parting company with me. I'm commissioning another artist to draw Evilena on her throne going "I'm bored" while Heero's in chains. If Sumisawa won't let her pwn him, I'll remedy the situation myself.
Old 2011-01-03, 01:36   Link #1812
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
ARMY OF ZECHS CLONES
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 01:54   Link #1813
wingzerosnuggles

Like the Jedi Gundams weren't bad enough. Now we have Attack of the Clones.

Also, have some random tasteful art of what probably happened before Jr. was conceived.

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2011-01-03 at 05:52.
Old 2011-01-03, 07:20   Link #1814
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
You know, I'm this close to calling Katrine/Katherine/Catherine/Quatrine/however her name is spelled 'Quatre with boobs' just to keep them apart. Because, let's face it, Quatre got gender bent xD
Se, I was almost convinced s/he IS Quatre xD Friend of mine just shrugged when he saw HER and said "oh, so HE and Trowa...?"
I'll spell Quatrine :<

Quote:
First of all LOL! If Relena is anything like sour milk then of course she's unpleasant xD
And yes, if we go by my take there is only one Relena, who also got defrosted only once. Begs the question why the heck they waited 20 something years to do so. *shrug* Well, it did come in handy when Milliardo was offed and they were looking for a new president.
xD I which case, poor Heero. And poor Quatrine.
Maybe to wait for technology to progress so they could fix what they broke. Obviously didn't work. Girl's a Char.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akigakuyuu View Post
Which would be amusing, as really no pairing have been burned or built-up yet, aside from 6x9. Which was canonly the closest thing to a pairing in the show. Even 5xS could still have a leg, we don't kow who Kathy's father is, and didn't Wufei have an issue looking her in the face at one point? Duo's Jr.'s mom is dead, but that doesn't mean it wasn't Hilde. The only pairing that looks dead in the water to me is 1x2. And I'm sure an arguement could be made for it.

sure can. We don't know how much she's REALLY an antagonist yet. Only Wufei's word (and isn't every woman his enemy anyway? jk ) and something Cathy& Friends said (right?). Cathy& Friends also went and trained some odd kid who just assassinated the president up (and he was apparently a GOOD president, from what we know). So their legality/ credibility as a source of information at this point is nonexistent.

Apart from that, Heero and her are still the same age. Being an antagonist doesn't sink a ship, looking for examples I find:

Gundam (positive outcome):
- Soma/Marie x Alle in 00. Funny as they have personality issues too.
- 6x9 itself, actually.

and (not so positive outcome):
- LylexAnew. Though it didn't end so well.
- KiraxFllay. Seed. Well, until that didn't end so well either.

So imho 1xR isn't dead, for now at all.

Quote:
.... but we kind of do... xD
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 07:37   Link #1815
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
WOW. That's... WOW.
HAWT. Lol

Here's 1xR:

Spoiler for NOT FOR READERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE:

I'm still holding on to this fantasy. LOL
Old 2011-01-03, 07:45   Link #1816
wingzerosnuggles

I just want ChaRelena to have some kinky make-outs with him. Is that wrong? Granted, she should take the mask off. It would remind Heero too much of Zechs... ._.

IM me, bitch.
Old 2011-01-03, 17:50   Link #1817
akigakuyuu
Tempest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
So imho 1xR isn't dead, for now at all.
I never thought 1xR was dead. I think it's still kicking pretty hard.

I have the doujinshi one of those scans is from. Mm, now I wanna go get my doujin out.
Old 2011-01-03, 19:42   Link #1818
wingzerosnuggles

As long as ChaRelena isn't an evil doppelgänger, we're fine. Otherwise, we're going to have something like a Black Swan plot. Hm, potential of Relena making out with herself? xD "I am your evil twin!" is so over done but there are ways to make it work. Also gives her a chance to grab two slots on the females list.

I think I need to find a male cover of Taylor Swift's Love Story with unchanged lyrics. A guy going "You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess" is just hilariously perfect for Princess Aurora and Little Prince. xD
Old 2011-01-03, 20:02   Link #1819
Obsidiandagger
Preventer 2nd class

Evilenav ,ChaRelena. It all sounds like Thumbelina and that makes me chuckle. I have to say I agree with wingzerosnuggles, a split personality Relena would be quite awesome to watch, but then again if Sumisawa decides to portray as insanely as it was done in Black Swan I don't think I would be able to tell right from wrong, up from down, soy millk from whole milk and so on (seriously that movie messes you up,I pity anyone who saw it high).

And on the note of Relena making out with herself, would a threesome with heero cause all shippers to explode or what?
Obsidiandagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 20:15   Link #1820
wingzerosnuggles

Rx1xR would be hilarious if only for the difficulty of assigning it a pairing code. Sandwiching a character code between two of the same only denotes mutual attraction (3x4x3 only means that Trowa reciprocates, not that there are two Trowas). Two Relenas and Heero might be RPx1xRD since their surnames differentiate them. Either way, it would be the most epic OT3 ever. I mean there's already the bizarreness of 1x2.5 (Heero and Duo Jr.) which seems to be the coping mechanism for 1x2 sinking.

I thought Black Swan was brilliantly but trippy as all heck. Sumisawa has ChaRelena in white. If the frozen one is wearing black, I will LOL. Or is the one on the cover the frozen one and the masked one is the one wandering around? They're both in white? Are thy one and the same? See, he already has us going in circles. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls something like Aronofsky did. xD Heero, don't fall for the wrong one.

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2011-01-03 at 21:44.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing