Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-25, 17:58   Link #601
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
That's the new triple-articulation ball joints figurine set. Of course you can set wild poses, that's what it was invented for. (Having more than 30 articulations in total)
It was designed for Mecha toys, but someone in Japan thought it's a good idea to get in the Black Lagoon market.
Man, now that IS cool. And I'm not really all that crazy about jointed figures. Not that I hate them but I don't know I guess seeing the joints kind of take away from the figure maybe. Guess being used to "static" PVC figures has taken a toll on me.

Hey, can you imagine marketing that here? Hahahaha!!!! This would have to be for the EXTREME collector. Because there is NO way kids would be allowed to have one of those figures. Especially since they are carrying major ordinance. "Kids shouldn't be playing with guns. Kids shouldn't be playing with toys that carry guns, or RPGs or any other WMDs." I'm joking of course I know they would never market that here. Hell, chances are they would probably get more worked up over 'Revy's daisy-dukes than her guns. Hahaha!!

I'll say one thing they really worked very hard on that figure. And it shows.

Now wouldn't be interesting to have a 'Balalaika' figure? You wouldn't get much action but she could just look cool. Her actions would consist of 1) being on the cell phone while she's blows things up. 2) Points a handgun while looking cool. 3) Cross arms and look cool. Comes with mini cigar and coat jacket so she can look cool. Now 'Roberta' and 'Shenhua' would have some interesting action poses. Especially 'Shenhua'.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 17:37   Link #602
wilsonx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
...Now wouldn't be interesting to have a 'Balalaika' figure? You wouldn't get much action but she could just look cool. Her actions would consist of 1) being on the cell phone while she's blows things up. 2) Points a handgun while looking cool. 3) Cross arms and look cool. Comes with mini cigar and coat jacket so she can look cool. Now 'Roberta' and 'Shenhua' would have some interesting action poses. Especially 'Shenhua'.

I'm all a Roberta figure not to meniton Balalaika, she's so friggin' cool , Shehua was nice and all, but she didn't get too much screen time, maybe with the next season :P
wilsonx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 21:10   Link #603
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

If there was to be a Shenhua figure to be released, it would have to be a pull-string model with all her great quotes. ^^;;
Old 2006-08-29, 20:04   Link #604
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well, i gotta admit - this is the first OST in a while that actually has every track that was played from the anime. ^^;;

This soundtrack really is for just about every single Black Lagoon fan out there, can't wait until mine arrives in the post.
Old 2006-08-30, 09:00   Link #605
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
If there was to be a Shenhua figure to be released, it would have to be a pull-string model with all her great quotes. ^^;;
That would be frigging hilariously AWESOME!!! Could you imagine that? Might be better as a nice plush doll.

Shenhua doll: <speaking very bad Japanese>
Mother: "What did that doll say?"
Kid: "She said she gonna cut some skin off your ass! You whore!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! WHOOOO!!! Ok, I'm done laughing now. I really love this series! I can't wait for season 2. Fall is among us and now old shows are ending and new shows are starting up. As well, as any show that's getting another season. As well as school. I know don't remind anyone.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 18:50   Link #606
Blade556

For the fans of this series, the new Black Lagoon 002 DVD came out today. In Japan, I believe, but I would imagine Amazon.com or another import website would have it for sale.

EDIT: Found a good one. Click here to go to the site.
Blade556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 12:05   Link #607
eggplant
Eggplant

Just saw a trailer for BLACK LAGOON The Second Barrage, and the action leaves no holds barred.

Hansel and Gretel are just like Sorath and Tyrael from Shakugan no Shana, except they're out for blood.

Everyone from Lagoon Co. as well as Balalaika are around, so I'm eagerly anticipating for October to come.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 03:07   Link #608
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
Just saw a trailer for BLACK LAGOON The Second Barrage, and the action leaves no holds barred.

Hansel and Gretel are just like Sorath and Tyrael from Shakugan no Shana, except they're out for blood.

Everyone from Lagoon Co. as well as Balalaika are around, so I'm eagerly anticipating for October to come.
yeah i just saw it. this looks freaking brual. i'm guessing this is coming out within the year as it says "Coming soon"
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 20:54   Link #609
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
after putting black lagoon on hold i finally got to see the series and was pretty much blown away...
yes the action...i just loved and hunger for more and surprisingly each ep delivers
everything was so over the top that it was amazing...still thinking about terminator roberta...makes me laugh every time i watch her uppercut revy...man was she pissed
and flicking back a few pages i was that the 2nd seaon is out soon and started jumping around like a rabbit...when exactally does it start cause i cannot wait

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 21:02   Link #610
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Just a question - if the trailer shown of any music, was it anything new by MeLL, or maybe more stuff by Edison?
Old 2006-09-04, 05:12   Link #611
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Just a question - if the trailer shown of any music, was it anything new by MeLL, or maybe more stuff by Edison?
No, although there were two songs used in the 1 minute trailer, the first one was gospel-like song and the second was a typical background song, so I don't think it'll be used as the opening/ending songs.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 05:28   Link #612
lommm
l'homme de lommm

man hansel and gretel! and with an axe! and the automatic rifle! holy cow! i thought first season was over the top and then i see the trailer for second barrage! i read it willl begin in october! i can't wait! that trailer is insane!
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 06:44   Link #613
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
No, although there were two songs used in the 1 minute trailer, the first one was gospel-like song and the second was a typical background song, so I don't think it'll be used as the opening/ending songs.
I see, but they could easily be two new tracks placed on the OST - thats what i mean't when asking if they could be by Edison.
Old 2006-09-04, 10:30   Link #614
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Is this the trailer that's on youtube? or is there another one?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 20:30   Link #615
mog08

give me a link to the trailer please.
mog08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 20:38   Link #616
v1cious

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R7vOcj9OUYs

hopefully there's an official one soon.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 21:13   Link #617
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looks pretty official to me - and i must say, it looks flipping amazing! ^__^

As for my comment before on the music, it looks like this trailer is playing a track from the first ost (if i was at home, i could check on the track name).
Old 2006-09-04, 21:45   Link #618
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh man, it looks like the body count is just about to get higher thanks to Hansel and Gretel.

I was kind of hoping they would show scenes with Ginji or Yukio in it, but that one was still awesome nonetheless.

Last edited by kujoe; 2006-09-05 at 04:55.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 08:15   Link #619
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Nice Balalaika figure here from WonderFest.

MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 08:22   Link #620
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R7vOcj9OUYs

hopefully there's an official one soon.
holy crazy O.o gief sibling love

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, seinen