AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-24, 06:32   Link #381
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Man, is this series becoming a slice-of-life anime where they supposed to be winning a war against the Ghost Trailers? How bombastic Magical Warfare is!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 06:37   Link #382
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Because she got chased and stalked by pedophile lolicon~
...and did not move on like the rest of the girls do.

Basically, she just had to hit one of them (in middle school) and it would have stopped. She could have transferred to an all girls school. She didn't have to become a hikkimori over this. Her reaction was too extreme. She is basically a psychologically weak person who will be taken advantage of for the rest of her life if she doesn't grow a pair. On the flip side, she made her current state and no guy has to be her knight in shining armor nor should she expect one.

You could really tell how weak (starving for attention) she is by her choice of transformation, bondage gear in a room full of teen males. She even transformed her chest for the swimsuit pics.

Last edited by orion; 2014-01-24 at 06:57.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 06:45   Link #383
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Mahou Sensou is hilarious.

It's a frustrating show, watched on its own merits, given how the execution feels so amatuer-ish and haywire, but I'm channeling that into the other side of my brain who's now enjoying this show with laughter.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 07:14   Link #384
edomaeexa

Episode 3 is a work of a genius, not going to justify why but you can ask kasuma kamachi. The latest index light novel (NT 9) is either the greatest light novel book ever or the worst in the series.
edomaeexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 07:23   Link #385
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm not bullying anybody. From my perspective, it's not justified. The girl needs counseling.
yeah she need counseling so her only friend should just abounded her
+
So Gekkou hate Takeshi because of that car accident too + dating the girl he love which she have Zero feeling for him?

and about Gekkou is Kurumi childhood friend like Takeshi

Spoiler for removed from anime:

Quote:
She could have transferred to an all girls school. She didn't have to become a hikkimori over this.
how can that help when the cause of her tramu was not from her school?
(he will just talk her to the new school = nothing change)

Last edited by Gundamx; 2014-01-24 at 09:24.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 07:31   Link #386
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You already wrote several denigrating responses, so you obviously do care enough. If you don't care in the least, why are you wasting your time here and bother those who still enjoy it?

Is that really the discussion you want to lead? "Why isn't it as good as <insert your favorite LNs here>?"

To be fair, I was shaking my head after ep1, since many things really irked me about it. As a big fan of magic-based LNs, I really wanted to like the show, but I had several issues with it. Episode 2 still had many things I didn't like (especially the way they handled the infodumps), but I was getting used to it. And episode 3 was quite all right to me. Got to differentiate between getting irritated about characters or about the show. And I do see some potential in it.

Soo... gotta persevere!
Implying that I'm putting any effort in analyzing anything. I don't think I even put any major efforts in writing the posts actually. It's just a way to kill time for me. Most of the 'haters' here seems to be watching it for the lulz, at least that's what I get from reading several posts here and the Winter Impression thread (and yeah, I'm pretty much watching it for the 'comedy').

No. I was saying, why is the adaptation isn't as good as my favorite LN-to-Anime's adaptation? I mean, I'm only talking about it as an example of adaptation done right here. If F/z could do it, then there's not a single reason why Mahou Sensou can't. But this make Campione! actually looks good (as an adaptation) instead.

If we're going by averaging... two point plus one point plus (let's assume) seven point divided by three is still 3.333 point of ten. Still doesn't make it good overall.

I don't need any efforts in preserving, by the way. It's way too hilarious to drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
You can't compare Fate/Zero to your run of the mill action/harem LN. They're made for different target audiences in the first place. Not to mention Fate/Zero could be considered within the top 1% of the best Light Novels.

If you're going to compare it to anything, it's better to compare it to the LN adaptations we've gotten in the last season, ie, Tokyo Ravens, Strike the Blood, Unbreakable Machine Doll, and Kyoukai no Kanata. Those are made for the same target audience as Mahou Sensou and use the same typical action/harem LN setup.
I... suppose so. At the very least as an anime. As an adaptation I'll stand by my opinion (and actually, that is what I do am talking about there)

Hm... all of them had at least interesting start before some starts to go trainwreck (*cough*Strike the Blood*cough*) but with the exception of KnK, most really have to blame the original series. As an adaptation, most were... okay, at least (though I have only read Kikou-Shoujo (LN and Manga), Tokyo Ravens (Manga), and Strike the Blood (Manga; doesn't count since it's still only very few).

You know, I actually don't really mind Log Horizon's expositions. I don't know why, but I think it's mostly because they're only brought up in the intro and when it is relevant; like how expositions should be. And it being actually interesting.

Oh, and for those wondering about Kurumi's androphobia, it's just another case of the anime skipping a few details that would somewhat justify it to a certain degree (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...96#post4987296)

Edit: IIRC Gekkou was pretty much like those men, getting close to her since she's pretty attractive.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 07:32   Link #387
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

This is the worst anime of the season, BUT it's so damn bad that is enjoyable to make fun of it. I won't do it here, out of courtesy to the poor novel readers, but I can couldn't imagine that a studio and the guys that decide for them could make the wrong decision every time they had to decide on anything
Old 2014-01-24, 08:03   Link #388
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
This is the worst anime of the season, BUT it's so damn bad that is enjoyable to make fun of it. I won't do it here, out of courtesy to the poor novel readers, but I can couldn't imagine that a studio and the guys that decide for them could make the wrong decision every time they had to decide on anything
Thanks for sympathizing with us bro~ You've earned my deep respect.

Though, there is no need to hold back, rage on! Bash to your desire! I am sure the author will be happy if you do so~
Old 2014-01-24, 08:06   Link #389
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

The 'poor novel readers' seems to be hatin' the anime too... the ones that actually likes it seems to be mostly those who haven't seen both the manga and the LN, or just damn tolerant/optimistic.

Edit: Look up there. Even Ougon dislikes it! And he's one of the biggest defender of the Novel in the LN thread.

Still, as much as this anime is a fail, I can't really call it THE worst of the season. For me, that goes to Houzuki no Reitetsu which I dropped in half an episode.

Last edited by Feng Lengshun; 2014-01-24 at 08:21.
Old 2014-01-24, 08:19   Link #390
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
...and did not move on like the rest of the girls do.
I suspect that there's a little bit more to the backstory, so it won't merely have been a hand on the shoulder. The thing is that the "rest of the girls" most likely aren't exposed to something like this in the same degree.

In my RL past, I've been in Takeshi's shoes for a while. I've been a terminal pool monitor/guide at the university for a few semesters, and an exceptionally gorgeous student of chinese descent was _continually_ hit on and harassed on a constant basis. After I helped her out of a sticky situation, she asked me if I would mind to pretend-date her to lift the pressure off her some (and it did). Still, it was disturbing to merely WATCH this from the sideline. I wouldn't have wanted to be in her shoes. Never seen something alike again. Impossible to compare to "the rest of the girls".

Quote:
Basically, she just had to hit one of them (in middle school) and it would have stopped.
No. That only helps against determined pursuers from a closed circle (like school class). It does not help against random attention from others.

Quote:
She could have transferred to an all girls school. She didn't have to become a hikkimori over this.
What makes you think she's a hikikomori? She has obviously developed her own circle of friends, and even in the magical academy she's no shut-in at all.

Anyway - yes, we can see you don't like her. Suit yourself, more power to you. Based on my personal experience, I do think though that you severely underestimate the impact that unwanted attention can cause.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 08:34   Link #391
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Yes, there's more to her story but it is omitted in the anime (and probably will stay so until at least the little shit decide to re-enact it later). I put a link to it on my previous post.

Kurumi would okay if it wasn't for her jealousy, but I'm blaming that on Takeshi for being such a blockhead so it balances back to okay level.
Old 2014-01-24, 08:42   Link #392
ookamigirl

Fun days at the magic academy ^^
Wasn't too thrilled with the fan service.
Hope they won't overdo it and spoil the anime too much.
Guess it'll get better rating with more exposure of certain body parts.
Seems this was a relaxing episode with emphasis on relationships.
The whole love drama part was rather unnecessary and seemed kinda forced.
They should focus more on the magical warfare part.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 13:46   Link #393
HandofFate

Episode 3 was zzzz
All the backstory of Isoshima and Takeshi's 'pretend dating' is just because of stalker incident, boring. And even if pretend dating took care of the confessions at school, that doesn't solve anything about stalkers, not like they care if your in a relationship or not. And older college and high school people that don't even know you are still going to come up and hit on you if you really draw that much attention.

All Takeshi is doing is holding a leash on Kurumi (that she put on herself) and she's not able to be strong and is pretty much just running away.
Old 2014-01-24, 14:13   Link #394
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I swear if people can just sit back and relax to watch and enjoy it as not to looking for any damn single flaws they can found and complain about it here, they'll definitely enjoy it more. Honesty speaking if this is indeed a failure, I doubt it will rank as high as it is now on Crunchyroll. Bitching and whining ain't gonna miraculous change the anime overnight to the way you want either .
Old 2014-01-24, 14:34   Link #395
synx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
The 'poor novel readers' seems to be hatin' the anime too... the ones that actually likes it seems to be mostly those who haven't seen both the manga and the LN, or just damn tolerant/optimistic.

Edit: Look up there. Even Ougon dislikes it! And he's one of the biggest defender of the Novel in the LN thread.

Still, as much as this anime is a fail, I can't really call it THE worst of the season. For me, that goes to Houzuki no Reitetsu which I dropped in half an episode.
This is by far not the worst.
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 15:16   Link #396
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by synx View Post
This is by far not the worst.

It is pretty bad tho...
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 15:19   Link #397
vanca

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Episode 3 was zzzz
All the backstory of Isoshima and Takeshi's 'pretend dating' is just because of stalker incident, boring.
All Takeshi is doing is holding a leash on Kurumi (that she put on herself) and she's not able to be strong and is pretty much just running away.
No. No, and no. Ouch...

I think some posters here already kind of try explain/hinting/correct things as clear as they can in the strict regulation of material source's spoilers here. But it's sad to see these kind of post still show up.

I won't call anyone ignorant yet as not everybody can read the LNs since it hasn't been translated in English and the manga only has few English translated chapters. The anime also did skipped out some parts. Also anime thread prohibit any blatant spoilers from source materials. I usually never particularly insisted that anime viewers need to look up at source materials info. But in case of Mahou Sensou, I really suggest you to try visit the light novel thread here, for further explanation and better understanding:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121161
vanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 15:22   Link #398
zerodragon

Quote:
I swear if people can just sit back and relax to watch and enjoy it as not to looking for any damn single flaws they can found and complain about it here, they'll definitely enjoy it more. Honesty speaking if this is indeed a failure, I doubt it will rank as high as it is now on Crunchyroll. Bitching and whining ain't gonna miraculous change the anime overnight to the way you want either .
agreed, for all the bad, this is one of the few shows this season that i at least somewhat like. i just watch and enjoy without looking at every detail. hell the only problem i had in this show so far was first episode with wood vs steel giving off sparks because it made no sense
Old 2014-01-24, 20:03   Link #399
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
...actually, I'm not even looking for flaws. I'm not even putting any effort on it. I realize that saying anything wouldn't change anything... except for self-satisfaction. The only way for me to enjoy this show, as I could see the flaws without exerting any efforts, is by 'bitching' about it. About half of those 'bitchings' are half self-derision though. Really, why was I expecting anything great, just because the manga and LN was okay and pretty cool? But honestly, I wasn't expecting it to get bad this fast. Even Campione!'s first episode was pretty cool and okay even though they actually did compress a single volume into a single episode.
Old 2014-01-24, 20:19   Link #400
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
What makes you think she's a hikikomori? She has obviously developed her own circle of friends, and even in the magical academy she's no shut-in at all.
She didn't want to go to school because of the "attention". That's a sign of becoming a hikkimori.

If she really had close female friends at school, she wouldn't have gotten into the mess she was in.

-----

And on another note, putting the LN thread link as a defense is a spoiler. The anime is suppose to be discussed on its own merits.