4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 8.51%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 36.17%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-20, 15:57   Link #21
Sacredus

Thumbs down

OMG... That oppai dragon song scene... Oh, Issei had blushed watching it... so cooool.
What. Was. Even. Point. Of. Animating. It. In. That. Way? "Don't rage that we cut out that song. We will do it later. Here! Happy?"?

I think I'm really done with HDxD anime.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 16:02   Link #22
Raptor178

Ouch man, just ouch. I would not have had a problem with this season if they actually kept the rating game between Sona and Rias in. I mean, come on. Saji getting beaten to a pulp and checking out the overpowered Reverse would have been fun. Also, episodes 1-2 6-9 were the best ones, as they stuck to the damn source material.

If they had to add in extra stuff, then why not put volumes 5, 6, 7, and the extra life of volume 8 in? That should do for 12 episodes. Damn, now season 4 is looking like crap because
Spoiler for Volume 9 and 10 Shenanigans:
was already introduced, and it might not even happen. That shitty impersonation that just happens to be able to go into JD was rekt like nothing.

Oppai Dragon Song was a bust.

Chichigami was a bust.

Now time to hope for Volume 20 not to be shit.
Raptor178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 16:07   Link #23
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV5 View Post
The season finale really had a polar opposite effect going on. I enjoyed the second half of the episode more rather than the first half. Kinda saved the episode for me in that case. As for the whole season in general, to sum it up, I have a ton of questions on what the process/reasoning was regarding the changes/modifying the story. And the whole Loki thing, wasn't close to being an improvement in my eyes.
yeah, the big bad question here is "WHYYYY???".

For what purpose that DxD Born was changed in such a way? to cover more LN vols in a season? But then why do we have all original content in the last 3 episodes? Worse, they just seem to be out of nowhere.

For Zero no Tsukaima Last season, I can understand that they "butchered" the story so that the anime itself can have an ending (regardless of it being good or bad), plus the author died before the LN could be finished.

But for BorN, I can't even imagine or think of any legitimate reasons other than the studio and Ishibumi had gone nuts
Old 2015-06-20, 16:22   Link #24
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

This is the first time I've safely been able to view the discussion thread for a final episode before watching that episode myself. Because somehow I just knew it'd be nothing but complaints first.
Old 2015-06-20, 19:35   Link #25
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
yeah, the big bad question here is "WHYYYY???".

For what purpose that DxD Born was changed in such a way? to cover more LN vols in a season? But then why do we have all original content in the last 3 episodes? Worse, they just seem to be out of nowhere.
My main question is, why the change? I had a similar argument where they could've added the Issei/Rias dynamic in the original story line, while introducing Ross/Kuroka earlier as well.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 21:18   Link #26
The 48th Ronin

Aaand the Rant of the Week goes to...

Well, the episode is pretty meh, so...

But the Source Material Inquisition really getting into my nerves lately.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 21:28   Link #27
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Im going to give a 2 just for the oppai song. Memory loss is shit, even if the show is good or not, its still shit.
Old 2015-06-20, 23:19   Link #28
ImperialFlameGod8190

The lowest grade i can give it is painful and thats what this was. an anti-climactic end and the rest just seemed like fluff to finish the show. the Oppai dragon song at this point was one of those you get it even if you dont need it and showing the festival in the way they did makes a lot of it meaningless.
If i could give it below painful i would but sadly this is what i get.
Now in the end its gonna be about a 5.5 out of 10. Still this is disappointing frankly The season as a whole was a letdown but no worries

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 23:52   Link #29
B214

Seriously majority of you people here are acting like children who had their candies taken or rather a modified version of damsel in distress because the anime didn't adapt according to the LN and added original content.

Is it good, no, but is it so bad that you guys need to complain over and over. People are just complaining over and over because the anime went original which to me is a lousy reason. Sure plot wise it's not the best and i myself didn't really like it but they didn't do anything that could ruin the story entirely. So there's no need of complain like it's the end of the world.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 23:56   Link #30
X102reddragon

Overall the anime pretty much followed the story. The only thing the left out was the rating game in vollum 5. While they did move/skip/change some scenes that was also done in Season 1-2. While I was let down somewhat by this season overall I still think it was pretty decent.
X102reddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 00:05   Link #31
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Seriously majority of you people here are acting like children who had their candies taken or rather a modified version of damsel in distress because the anime didn't adapt according to the LN and added original content.

Is it good, no, but is it so bad that you guys need to complain over and over. People are just complaining over and over because the anime went original which to me is a lousy reason. Sure plot wise it's not the best and i myself didn't really like it but they didn't do anything that could ruin the story entirely. So there's no need of complain like it's the end of the world.
And you dont understand the reason we're complaining. Which is the problem in the first place.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 00:09   Link #32
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I'm trying to figure out why Issei didn't just use dress break on Rias.

I kind of feel like the whole Rias scale mail was entirely unnecessary and they should've just had the Issei clone go Juggernaut Drive from the get go.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 00:11   Link #33
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post

Im complaining about the passing, the transition between scenes, the lack of context for some parts, the way some things are presented and solved. Those things can be seen even while one is an anime viewer. Many people have standards, even for series like this one(harem).
Old 2015-06-21, 00:20   Link #34
SuchDoge

Why bother bringing up Raynare when you are going to use the memory loss and render the whole phobia issue back to square one
SuchDoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 00:32   Link #35
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchDoge View Post
Why bother bringing up Raynare when you are going to use the memory loss and render the whole phobia issue back to square one
In the mindset of the characters, probably didn't know about the memory effects of the Dimension Gap. As for the anime, foreshadow and build up the events for next season. Ishibumi felt there was a lack of the Issei/Rias development, along with the trauma, and decided to build it up some more. It was really jarring to say the least. Just wait till season 4, since the anime will most likely break the anime original curse based on pre-order sales.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 00:38   Link #36
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
And you dont understand the reason we're complaining. Which is the problem in the first place.
You complained that the sports festival ending is meaningless then what would you have preferred? A completely different ending that won't be linked to the plot?

The fact is i understand why people are complaining because i myself am not pleased with what they done with Season 3 perhaps i'm even more pissed off than you or anyone here. But then again, i also try to make sure that i don't simply focus on all the bad points and miss out the good points.

For example, Great Red. Is it a bad move that they showed Great Red helping Ise and Rias considering what will happen in the future? The part where Rose becomes a Devil, did they handle that poorly? And the sports festival that you said was meaningless, how was it meaningless, this is High School DxD, is it a bad move that they stick to the title and decide on a high school like ending?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Im complaining about the passing, the transition between scenes, the lack of context for some parts, the way some things are presented and solved. Those things can be seen even while one is an anime viewer. Many people have standards, even for series like this one(harem).
Those are weakly handled i agree, i never said those are good hell i was extremely pissed off with how they handle the date and Akeno reconciling with her dad. This season definitely doesn't live up to the previous two but it could be worst, so i'm actually just thankful that they didn't go beyond the irreparable stage.
Old 2015-06-21, 00:40   Link #37
moodie

while i love (8/10 second season was better) this series even tho it changed stuff i can see how ppl can be mad

my sora no otoshimono was ruined D:
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 00:48   Link #38
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
while i love (8/10 second season was better) this series even tho it changed stuff i can see how ppl can be mad

Fun fact: the director for SnO also directs DxD's anime.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 00:51   Link #39
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post

Seriously compared to SNO, this is still safe, SNO has no ground for salvage at all, this one here is still salvageable.
Old 2015-06-21, 00:52   Link #40
reinastar
Corrupted Yandere ~^_^~

reinastar is very sad 0-10 she didn't stay till the end ~