AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-07, 23:22   Link #1
immblueversion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the Elite Four who are immediately under Satsuki's command. The Elite Four consists of the following members in particular order:
Ira Gamagōri: He leads the disciplinary committee at the Academy.

Uzu Sanageyama: He is in charge of the athletic clubs at the Academy.

Hōka Inumuta: He leads the information and strategy committee at the Academy.

Jakuzure Nonon: She is in charge of the non-athletic clubs at the Academy.

Enjoy!

Last edited by immblueversion; 2013-11-08 at 00:13.
Old 2013-11-08, 00:00   Link #2
Gravitas Free Zone

We learn from Episode 6 that...

Spoiler for A sequence of events.:
Old 2013-11-08, 00:29   Link #3
VirgilTheart
One Very Sexy Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
We learn from Episode 6 that...

Spoiler for A sequence of events.:
Spoiler for response.:
Old 2013-11-08, 00:39   Link #4
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I'd like to believe this most recent episode showed there's some actual, even if faint, bonds of friendship between our antagonist group, rather than just "Satsuki and her most loyal subordinates". It was shown they've all known each other for at least three years after all, which is even before Satsuki started crafting her fascist empire once entering high school.

It's very interesting seeing a group of antagonists with chemistry like this once in a while.~
Old 2013-11-24, 19:24   Link #5
Seitsuki
Onee!

Am I the only one who finds Nonon weirdly super attractive? Snarky, sadistic, only DFC in a world of useless meat, shame there isn't more art of her..
Old 2013-11-28, 21:06   Link #6
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Am I the only one who finds Nonon weirdly super attractive? Snarky, sadistic, only DFC in a world of useless meat, shame there isn't more art of her..
I'm actually starting to think Nonon's a guy. We know basically nothing about her, even though she's been next to Satsuki the longest. That voice is also suspicious, why would a seiyuu use such a strange voice for a little girl, unless she's possibly hiding something? Keep in mind, this is the girl who played Haruka from FLCL, so she knows how to do a girl voice. She also seems way too ladylike for this particular world. Every woman in this show has been exposed to some kind of fanservice, even Mako's mother, yet for some reason we hardly ever see Nonon.

Last edited by v1cious; 2013-11-28 at 21:17.
Old 2013-11-29, 12:56   Link #7
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
I'm actually starting to think Nonon's a guy. We know basically nothing about her, even though she's been next to Satsuki the longest. That voice is also suspicious, why would a seiyuu use such a strange voice for a little girl, unless she's possibly hiding something? Keep in mind, this is the girl who played Haruka from FLCL, so she knows how to do a girl voice. She also seems way too ladylike for this particular world. Every woman in this show has been exposed to some kind of fanservice, even Mako's mother, yet for some reason we hardly ever see Nonon.
i'm just waiting for her transformation to comment on that
Old 2013-11-29, 14:52   Link #8
Seitsuki
Onee!

It's obviously because Nonon is a pure girl!

After a long agonising internal debate I have decided that a Satsuki/Ryuuko/Nonon threesome is now OTP er OTT.
Old 2013-11-29, 21:02   Link #9
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I've noticed that each of the elites has the kanji for an animal in their name.

Gamagoori - toad
Inumuta - dog
Jakuzure - snake
Sanageyama - monkey

Any idea what the significance of that might be? I was thinking Chinese Zodiac, but there is no toad/frog in that.
Old 2013-11-29, 22:37   Link #10
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Nonon's voice is like this... Kuroko EX. BBA voice, but strangely cute/addicting.
Weird. Not in a bad meaning.
ペロペロ(^ω^)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-11-30, 13:42   Link #11
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I've noticed that each of the elites has the kanji for an animal in their name.

Gamagoori - toad
Inumuta - dog
Jakuzure - snake
Sanageyama - monkey

Any idea what the significance of that might be? I was thinking Chinese Zodiac, but there is no toad/frog in that.
Well they've referenced it explicitly within the series. Nonon refers to the other three as Toad, Monkey, and Dog. I think it has something to do with the inherent symbolism of those animals. Also if you look at their designs you can clearly see elements of each animal in their designs.
Old 2013-12-03, 21:17   Link #12
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
We know nothing about Jakuzure? What about Inumuta? We're already at the part where Ryuko fights the Elite Four, and all we know about him is that he wears glasses, has a funny collar, and is fascinated by the weirdness going on around him. At least we know Jakuzure was friends with Satsuki long before the Elite Four were formed, to they point where she knows how Satsuki thinks. Sanageyama and Gamagoori even had full-blown flashbacks. I'll admit there's still a lot of stuff we don't know about Jakuzure, and that she may be worth keeping an eye on, but for me, she only comes second to this guy in terms of what's-the-deal-with-this-one-ness. And now, thanks to the speculation page, I'm starting to wonder if we'll be getting as much focus on Inumuta in the next episode as we first thought we would...

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2013-12-04, 00:52   Link #13
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Jakuzure is going to kill him or something of that nature. Calling it now.
Then the reveal of his real identity will play a big part in the second cour, just watch.
Old 2013-12-05, 17:56   Link #14
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Nonon's Transformation sequence is awesome.

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-12-05, 18:29   Link #15
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

My body was not ready for all the Nonon this episode. She is pure love.

I do hope that Inumuta does get more screen time in the second half of the show for more development though...
Old 2013-12-06, 02:58   Link #16
orangejuicetang

What I found interesting was the way Nonon's relationship with Satsuki actually is different from the other three elites (I think she even calls her Satsuki-chan at one point). Going further, from what we've seen so far, the other three elites were all originally hostile who converted to Satsuki after being 'defeated', more or less while Nonon seems to have been best friends from Satsuki from the very beginning, or at least since kindergarten.

And I think the moment when Nonon smacked the sand out of Satsuki's hand before grasping it is the first time Satsuki seemed genuinely surprised

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2013-12-12, 11:11   Link #17
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
What I found interesting was the way Nonon's relationship with Satsuki actually is different from the other three elites (I think she even calls her Satsuki-chan at one point). Going further, from what we've seen so far, the other three elites were all originally hostile who converted to Satsuki after being 'defeated', more or less while Nonon seems to have been best friends from Satsuki from the very beginning, or at least since kindergarten.

And I think the moment when Nonon smacked the sand out of Satsuki's hand before grasping it is the first time Satsuki seemed genuinely surprised
This also raises another point. Satsuki chose the other three elites for clear purposes: Sanageyama for his perception, Gamagoori for his resolution, and Inumuta for his intelligence. Each of these three have demonstrated these characteristics in their respective episodes and flashbacks, and had these characteristics tested. But what about Jakuzure? What does her moment in the spotlight show?

I doubt Satsuki picked her merely because they were friends, yet that seems to be the reason why Jakuzure agreed to join her in the first place. She appears to have put both Satsuki and herself on a pedestal--a "tower in her mind", if you will--and she's been trying to keep hers as tall as Satsuki's. Now, thanks to her ability to fly that none of the others have, she has the power to build that tower as high as she wants. It's been built so high, in fact, she's literally looking down on Satsuki.

I've brought this up at least once on the other forums, but I get this feeling that when Jakuzure loses, Satsuki won't be quite so forgiving as she was with the other three. When the other three lost, they clearly still showed loyalty and subservience to Satsuki, did everything in their power to remold themselves in her image, and were forgiven. That's what I think Jakuzure is being tested on: her subservience. It's her attachment to Satsuki, yet also her ability to sumbit to her. And from the looks of things, Satsuki's world doesn't have room for two towers.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2014-02-11, 00:04   Link #18
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Some interesting info on the families and early years of the Elite Four which I believe is straight from Trigger themselves, only translated and compiled into this picture by a fan:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-02-11, 00:39   Link #19
Gravitas Free Zone

I hadn't given any thought at all to Ira Gamagoori's name, background, or blondness, so his origins do make some sense. The absent American serviceman father thing is a little overdone, perhaps, but at least reminds us that there's a rest of the world (which really hasn't figured into the show at all, besides Rei and Ragyo's discussion of current events in episode 17).
Old 2014-02-11, 00:56   Link #20
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I think the most plot-relevant thing to take from that though is the part in Nonon's list where it says Satsuki was a very well-behaved and happy girl in her early years of kindergarden, yet suddenly changed around the same time to become the cynical and stoic person she is now.

Which likely means there's something about Satsuki's past that's still lurking in the dark and may possibly also be a contributing factor to the show's current events. That's speculation for another thread though.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2014-02-11 at 03:03.
Closed Thread