AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-07-19, 20:02   Link #721
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
To his defense, I would assume nobody here likes this development, because we all know that Claire is the better character. We just want a change, since this was destined from the start on to be at least a threeway. Like I said before, it isn't over yet. And if you throw everything over board then deconstruct it a suitable way so that there is logic behind it.

What does Hayato think about this whole situation. What is his opinion about any other females besides Emilia. Since the other girls have no reason why they shouldn't chase him, there is also the possibility that it will end open endish. Considering the series as a whole better as OTP imo.
Don't count me in, I don't like counting chickens before they hatch.
This development IMO has no room for open ending because that would need to have Emilia and Hayato break up or have them die, as long as they live they'll be together.
Being in an official relationship Emilia has the right to be jealous and show she is his gf however she even knows that their cirmunstances(she and Claire) and feelings aren't that different. So far he(Hayato) is aware and himself is stopping/avoiding scenes of showing off in front Claire showing concience regarding her feelings, their insecurities makes them flawed and more appealing for me. Also the illusion served a purpose, that pain she felt during the illusion is what Claire feels when she sees them together.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2018-07-19 at 20:16. Reason: Added line
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 20:14   Link #722
kidstandout
From Russia With Love
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
*sigh* I can do translations too. Your stance translates to “I can’t stand anyone disagreeing with me so I’ll personally attack him instead of being a decent person.”
Also, you started stepping out of the boundaries of opinion when you started attacking the author by calling it “shitty writing.”

And so here we go. Again. Another thread, another hater who can’t stand the story not going his/her way or someone disagreeing with him/her so he/she resorts to direct attacks instead of maintaining decency. I didn’t defend my position because I don’t need to; you don’t like the way the romance is working out, but others do and that’s that. And also because I didn’t want to get into a long-winded debate.

But since you’re bypassing the debate entirely and going straight to insults, I’ll just leave you alone to be miserable hating this title.
When did i attack you? Your strawman is showing. my translation serves to point out the daft nature of your logic, but in no way is that a personal attack on your character. Identifying a writing pitfall and attacking a writer are two different things.

...You literally have no actual point to make then do you?

Again, where have i insulted you? Know the difference between a critique of your post and an offense/insult.
kidstandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 20:21   Link #723
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
To his defense, I would assume nobody here likes this development, because we all know that Claire is the better character. We just want a change, since this was destined from the start on to be at least a threeway. Like I said before, it isn't over yet. And if you throw everything over board then deconstruct it a suitable way so that there is logic behind it.
There are.......some big opinionations (if that’s a word, it probably isn’t) here too. “We all know Claire is the better character”? Wow, that’s a pretty big assertion. One that we don’t agree on. Not saying Claire sucks mind you, but I very much have the opposite opinion.
Looking at how things actually started, there was no “destined” to be a three-way. It was very much set up to go either/or with the OTP route. In fact, I’d actually say Emilia being the destined girl was what it really started as.

I have nothing against Claire (just not a fan of her normal hairstyle ), and a harem ending is A-OK with me. But Emilia is clearly the main just as she’s intended to be, and whatever way this turns out she’s here to stay. Beyond that, I’m not at all against Claire having Hayato too.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 20:23   Link #724
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
I like both, though you should have worded it better.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 20:53   Link #725
Taekan
JP->EN Translator (Kinda)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chile
Age: 29
Emilia started as a cute, lovely character that was very supportive and going after the person she loves. I really liked her a lot.
But during the developtment of the series she started to be ultra jealous, extremely clingy, obnoxious, yandere, shrewd, etc.
"Yeah, let's just shot Hayato and Claire until both end up drowning in the lake"

Until that very point Hayato NEVER said: I'm going out with Emilia, she's my girlfriend, I don't want to be with nobody else but her". Heck, I can bet that until now he hasn't said anything like that. He's guilty of that too.

The premise of harem in this series was to attract people like me who likes that genre but the author/editor or whoever decided that in the end, it wasn't necessary and that it was better to just ship Emilia and Hayato but letting Hayato have "a little bit of fun here and there but nothing else with a couple of girls to keep the harem tag until their relationships are resolved".

It looks more like a triangle than a harem and triangles always die in the end.
__________________
When a friend of yours introduce you to the anime/manga world and then you surpass him in terms of being a fan of this type of entertainment...
Taekan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 11:24   Link #726
Estzero1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
This development IMO has no room for open ending because that would need to have Emilia and Hayato break up or have them die, as long as they live they'll be together.
Being in an official relationship Emilia has the right to be jealous and show she is his gf however she even knows that their cirmunstances(she and Claire) and feelings aren't that different. So far he(Hayato) is aware and himself is stopping/avoiding scenes of showing off in front Claire showing concience regarding her feelings, their insecurities makes them flawed and more appealing for me. Also the illusion served a purpose, that pain she felt during the illusion is what Claire feels when she sees them together.
Then why not use this as development for Emilia. We all know that as long as all parts of the triangle alive ( we might can exclude Hayato out of this equation) there won't be final conclusion, no one will back down. Even if Emilia is the sole survivor regarding a relationship, why should Claire stop here feelings and go on. This isn't a story like Kokoro Connect where they dissolved the triangle for the OTP. Why not take this and go the logical route. That's what I'm hoping for.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic242962_2.gif

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 23:00   Link #727
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I feel like some of you are thoroughly mistaken about what kind of novel Hundred is. This isn't shinmai, even though it shares the same artist. Don't expect explicit sex and procreation, this isn't that kind of series.
I think that Ookuma's art with Shinmai misled some of us into thinking this would be another true harem series. Now that the OTP has come out, a lot of the development around Claire and Sakura feels like wasted time and plot padding to us.

If it was going to be OTP from the beginning, then the author could have made it clearer from the start but this late in the game, a lot of people got invested in Claire and as fans they're not happy.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 23:16   Link #728
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
There are many harem series that have OTP endings. Hundred didn’t promise a true harem ending any more than any of those. In fact, as I said earlier it felt a lot more like Emilia was the destined girl.

That said, a harem ending with Emilia as main wife still isn’t out of the question.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 23:16   Link #729
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
^
It did from the beginning tho?

Rare occasion where I agree with Shinji (regarding second part)
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 23:24   Link #730
RED IV
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Currently outside reality
So does anyone have any real spoilers for latest volume?
RED IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 13:30   Link #731
Kadmos1
≠epic failure
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Glendale, AZ
Age: 32
Sure, my main exposure to this series is the anime. However, I am a Claire shipper. It is possible to have the lead male guy end with the 2nd female lead (Claire) instead of the female lead (Emilia). For such an ending to be decent, there would have to be enough Hayato/Claire moments prior to the final volume. If Hayato does break up with Emilia, it would have to be written in a way that isn't repeating a NaruHina-type scenario.
__________________
≠epic fail
Kadmos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 13:42   Link #732
amtro
Distro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED IV View Post
So does anyone have any real spoilers for latest volume?
I posted those further up.
__________________
OniisamaTL is currently looking for translation checkers.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 16:44   Link #733
RED IV
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Currently outside reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I posted those further up.
Saw it thanks
RED IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 12:32   Link #734
dragon213
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
I know I've asked this before but I've never gotten an answer, how many girls has kissed hayato on the lips, only Emilia and Claire or anyone else?
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 22:50   Link #735
Taekan
JP->EN Translator (Kinda)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chile
Age: 29
I'm quite behind the latest volume, but up to volume 10, only those 2 girls have kissed Hayato on the lips.
__________________
When a friend of yours introduce you to the anime/manga world and then you surpass him in terms of being a fan of this type of entertainment...
Taekan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 23:08   Link #736
dragon213
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taekan View Post
I'm quite behind the latest volume, but up to volume 10, only those 2 girls have kissed Hayato on the lips.
ok, thanks
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 09:31   Link #737
Kiyoe
kyo gamers
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: South Peru, IN
New novel by the author of Hundred that will be on sale on September 14-

name .. Denno Senki Angel Force

Spoiler for Denno Senki Angel Force:


Kirito and Eugeo lol
Spoiler for Illustration # 1:


Gender Bender??
Spoiler for Illustration # 2:
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 18:15   Link #738
readher
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Poland
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoe View Post
Gender Bender??
The real question is, will it have yuri?
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-26, 16:43   Link #739
Taekan
JP->EN Translator (Kinda)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chile
Age: 29
About the new novel:
MC says "why do I look like this?", which tells me that it is a gender-bender series... Ugh, not my taste.

About Hundred, I'm reading volume 10 and very interesting things happen in it.
It's in this volume that Hayato starts to address Claire as Claire-senpai since she asked for it.
That would explain that the scene in vol. 15 is an illusion of Emilia, since Claire is saying to him to not call her as president, but by her name. And he addresses her without honorifics.

my engurishu is so broken xd
__________________
When a friend of yours introduce you to the anime/manga world and then you surpass him in terms of being a fan of this type of entertainment...
Taekan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 10:33   Link #740
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Vol 16's title is "Catch the Future". It does sound like it's the final volume.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, no harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.