AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-16, 23:55   Link #1821
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
How much do you want to bet that SHAFT will still be working until the last minute on ep11 come next week?
As a result, they lose all extra time for ep12.
I want to say Urobuchi and Shinbou already have the master plan laid out for the ending. Even with all the evidence in this thread suggesting that Shaft employees procrastinate until the very last possible second. Typically, writers have the beginning and the end roughly conceptualized - the middle parts are where things change frequently. For example, plot elements like entropy, which will probably have little to no effect on the finale. Certain parts of the middle also seem to be conceived in advance. For example, Homura as a time-traveler. There have been hints dropped throughout the season that Homura manipulated time, and episode 10 chronologically flows directly into episode 1. Safe to say, Urobuchi planned out Homura.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 00:07   Link #1822
Jimmy C

While they may have the master plan and even the storyboards for the episodes all laid out. It looks like they continue rendering the animation frames until the last minute, including tinkering, revisions and adjustments.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 01:10   Link #1823
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i do hope the ending won't be changed.

if it ended gloomy, alternate ending would be nice. XD

but that being said, i think Madoka's going to get a bittersweet or a happy end.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 01:56   Link #1824
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Truthfully, my personal reasons for wanting a good ending are shallow.

We have seen the bad end happen several times already. Most likely, it would be boring to see another bad end happen. The viewers have been fed girls suffering and tragedies occurring for the entirety of this season. The reason it works is because each episode is worst than the last - when viewers think Urobuchi has let up and decides to gives his characters a reprieve, the next episode shocks them into submission. When Kyoko died, I didn't think the anime would go any farther. Sure enough, it did.

A downer ending would have to be completely grand, massive, and over-the-top to leave me fulfilled. Of course, I have no doubt that Urobuchi can create such an ending - the man always thinks of a way to one-up himself. However, a happy (but well-conceived) ending would be a refreshing conclusion to this journey of madness. Maybe give some of the viewers - dare I say it - hope. A lot of people here seem convinced that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I would vote for a downer ending for the sole purpose of disappointing those people, but maybe it is best to leave humanity with a tiny ray of hope. You know, not make the overarching statement that life is depressing and miserable.
Old 2011-03-17, 02:25   Link #1825
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

if this ends in bad end, it'd be just akin to seeing those past timelines and nothing more. Gen is likely to turn this current timeline in a different direction since i don't see any reason for him to end it bad AGAIN. Why bother focusing so much on a timeline if it'd just end the same as the others? and i believe this time it's going to be SPECIAL.

and let's not forget HOPES and DREAMS..

well, i'm being optimistic of course! XD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 05:07   Link #1826
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
if this ends in bad end, it'd be just akin to seeing those past timelines and nothing more. Gen is likely to turn this current timeline in a different direction since i don't see any reason for him to end it bad AGAIN. Why bother focusing so much on a timeline if it'd just end the same as the others? and i believe this time it's going to be SPECIAL.

and let's not forget HOPES and DREAMS..

well, i'm being optimistic of course! XD
he is focusing on tis time line because it is the last, not because it's special
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 06:12   Link #1827
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I don't know if anyone here read this yet so I'll post it:
These are tweets from Urobuchi regarding the delays for 11 and 12.

I thought I don't want to Tweet about Madoka again, but since the situation in the world is pretty gloomy, I should tweet so everyone can wipe out their unnecessary pessimistic views.

So for Shaft, they're really working hard to the last minute in order to improve the quality of the work. For the past few episodes, I've received the episode sample on the Kansai's broadcast night. In other words, few hours before actual broadcast.

Within that critical moments, there's this earthquake. They have to turn the table back to where it was in order to resume the work. To be honest, I thought "oh god episode 11." If it continue like this, it can't be help if the finished work is disappointing.

So I'm sorry for all viewers who look forward to the episode. But I'm relieved. This means they can give more time to the part where difficult animation is required in episode 11 and 12. It's going to be fine this way!

So from my mail exchange with producer Iwakami, he is working hard at the moment to present everyone a fine last two episodes. So I'm now relieved. There's no more worries regarding Madoka.

Obviously I'm million times more worried about the wretched state at the hit area, and also worried about nuclear plant. Madoka and my hard disk is perfectly fine when compared to them. All is left is to relax and wait for announcement regarding broadcast schedule adjustment.
It's for the best then. I have no complaints.

Very true, but the potential damage to the company's image may be too much a trade off for artistic honesty...
Old 2011-03-17, 06:44   Link #1828
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's for the best then. I have no complaints.

Very true, but the potential damage to the company's image may be too much a trade off for artistic honesty...
Shaft's image was never for anyone and they know it themselves. Rather than appealing to everyone might as well just protect the ones they have now.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 16:28   Link #1829
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/2077#184500

31st it seems you guys.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 16:47   Link #1830
Dr. Casey

Will the final two episodes air that day, or is it Madoka 11 on March 31st and Madoka 12 on April 7th?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 18:58   Link #1831
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

"There’s no need for “self-restraint” with anime. There is no need to cancel Madoka. Now of all times, anime must keep crying out the truth of humanity." - Fractale Director Yamakan

I couldn't have said this better. In fact, that's why he's a director and I'm the viewer...
In times of crisis, people need to summon the courage to return to their lives. Even if the message becomes too powerful and overwhelming for depressed viewers, the message needs to be said. We cannot simply turn away from the suffering as if it does not exist, or risk being nothing more than cowards to the truth.

However, even I wouldn't go this far.

"The identity of the Japanese people is greed. This tsunami represents a good opportunity to cleanse this greed, and one we must avail ourselves of. Indeed, I think this is divine punishment." Shintarō Ishihara, governor of Tokyo
Old 2011-03-17, 20:58   Link #1832
JONJONAUG

Can anyone translate this or tell me what it says?

JONJONAUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 21:43   Link #1833
Jimmy C

WIth a two week delay, there better be no further excuses for shoddy workmanship.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 22:52   Link #1834
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
WIth a two week delay, there better be no further excuses for shoddy workmanship.
There're ongoing issues with rolling power outages, transportation (and thus scheduling of animators), and worker morale. For many studios, work has ground to a halt, so the delays don't really mean extra time for improved quality.

This situation isn't just going to blow over and return to normal within the next couple weeks.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 23:12   Link #1835
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
There're ongoing issues with rolling power outages, transportation (and thus scheduling of animators), and worker morale. For many studios, work has ground to a halt, so the delays don't really mean extra time for improved quality.

This situation isn't just going to blow over and return to normal within the next couple weeks.
Except for the fact that they said they'll be using the time to improve it.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 23:27   Link #1836
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Except for the fact that they said they'll be using the time to improve it.
improve it because it was not on par with the previous episodes

Urobuchi's tweets:
"To be honest, I thought "oh god episode 11." If it continues like this, it can't be helped if the finished work is disappointing on the 17th."
" This means they can give more time to the parts where difficult animation is required in episodes 11 and 12. It's going to be fine this way!"
"he is working hard at the moment to present some fine last two episodes to everyone"

So it's not improving from "good" to "even better" but from "disapointing" to "good".
Old 2011-03-17, 23:55   Link #1837
TJR

They delayed it because the episode wasn't finished (hence it would've been disappointing if they simply shoved that out). The first report was that animation frames scattered during the earthquake, and they were having problems getting the animators to come in and deal with the mess.

So far, there's no way of knowing how much work they've already done and how much they still need to do. The thing is, despite Urobuchi's assurances to calm the fans, it's not business as usual at the anime companies. For instance, Tezuka Productions was one of the companies contracted to do animation on Madoka, and they completely stopped working as of a couple days ago (according to Sam Pinansky, who also translates for Crunchyroll. He's also saying that animation staff in Tokyo are too worried to be doing much work anyway) because of the unpredicatability of rolling outages.

Most studios around the Tokyo region (unless they happen to be in central Tokyo) have the same problems. Companies like SHAFT and J.C.STAFF tend to work on severe schedules, so their episodes planned for this week were even affected.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 00:01   Link #1838
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I wonder if we should start preparing ourselves for Homura vs. Walpurgis Night, slideshow version.

In any event, thanks for the info, TJR.
Old 2011-03-18, 03:46   Link #1839
Cloudy

I'm hoping that Madoka ep 11 and 12 would be aired on the same day.

As for the ending, I feel that the ending might be a happy one because of the sombre atmosphere in Japan right now becuase of the quake.
Old 2011-03-18, 04:00   Link #1840
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I wonder if we should start preparing ourselves for Homura vs. Walpurgis Night, slideshow version.
Shit, it's Eva TV ending all over again. Well, Shaft has mastered the art of flashing text soo...

*Awaits "The End of Madoka" movie a year later, which will be violent as hell and even more mindfucking than usual.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen