Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-03, 07:57   Link #141
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Wait..are you saying that Neko might be a fat girl in the past, and Masamune did something unforgiven to her, and she get pissed and trying to use the same strategy as Masamune did; weight loss program?

Whether or not if she's been a fat girl in the past - this is what we know about her:

1) She knew Masamune by name right on the day of their meeting

2) She is clearly targeting Masamune, in a very methodical way, without giving the impression that she'd be genuinely romantically invested in him.

3) Her Butler/Driver reminded her to be mindful of her duties, to which she replied "This is a game".

==> She has a hidden agenda. And somehow I feel that she's acting towards Masamune EXACTLY like Masamune acts towards Aragaki. So, I suspect a joint past, too.

Oh, and unless my antenna is completely off, the OTP is Aragaki/Masamune. I think he will eventually succeed in getting her to fall for him (he's already halfway there), and fulfill his dream of rejecting her publically as revenge, and THEN realize that this is not what he really wanted. In the long run, I'm sure that we'll get a Aragaki/Masamune linkup. Probably after he's been burned by Neko.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 09:15   Link #142
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Whether or not if she's been a fat girl in the past - this is what we know about her:

2) She is clearly targeting Masamune, in a very methodical way, without giving the impression that she'd be genuinely romantically invested in him.

3) Her Butler/Driver reminded her to be mindful of her duties, to which she replied "This is a game".

==> She has a hidden agenda. And somehow I feel that she's acting towards Masamune EXACTLY like Masamune acts towards Aragaki. So, I suspect a joint past, too.

Oh, and unless my antenna is completely off, the OTP is Aragaki/Masamune. I think he will eventually succeed in getting her to fall for him (he's already halfway there), and fulfill his dream of rejecting her publically as revenge, and THEN realize that this is not what he really wanted. In the long run, I'm sure that we'll get a Aragaki/Masamune linkup. Probably after he's been burned by Neko.
It might be that she's targetting Aragaki instead of masamune
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 10:01   Link #143
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
It might be that she's targetting Aragaki instead of masamune
Except that she doesn't show any real interest in Aragaki other than an obstacle she needs to clear out of the way before she can succeed in snaring Masamune.

I think it would be much more ironic if the deceiver (Masamune) would be deceived himself, instead of targeting the same girl twice.
Old 2013-12-03, 22:09   Link #144
Frozt

I think her eating habits is intentional so she can gain weight so she can be with the young fat masamune that she liked when she was younger or so that people will stop hitting on her because she deserves to be loney.
Also she probably found out she was a terrible person when she teased masamune to the point where he stopped going to her house which made her very sad and realized she is a terrible person. That's why she doesn't believe she deserves loves due to her being cruel to the ones she does love. SO she just oushes everyone away. Also I dont think he is going to reject her, the author seems to be prolonging her falling in love with him and keeps adding obstacles, it is just so masamune has time to really fall in love with her or become unconfused. I noticed reading that everytime he helps her out when he doesnt want to or when she does nice things thts makes her loveable, he makes excuses to doubt the actions. So he is actually mistaking his love for adagaki for revenge/hatred
Frozt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 22:15   Link #145
blackwhite67
Banned

This girl really likes to live on the edge.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 05:00   Link #146
JediNight
キズランダム

Thats an interesting theory: About her scaring everyone off, because she doesn't feel worthy of love.

I floated the theory that, Neko being from a rich family just like Aki, there is some sort of vested interest there. So you have a Revenge Triangle of sorts, where Masamune wants to reject Aki for Revenge, and Neko heard Aki may be falling for Masamune; so she came to the school to lure Masamune away from Aki to "ruin her" for whatever reason. Of course, oblivious to Masamune only being out for Revenge himself. Dueling Revenges

The new wrinkle in all of this is:
Spoiler for Ch 11:

The "deceiver being deceived" makes for a messy plot, though. Since it basically interferes directly with the Revenge plot, and would only result in Masamune being screwed over again.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 00:46   Link #147
YagimotoKazuhiro
Solitude
*Scanlator

Novel Edition is coming, eh.

Kanamechan Translations
YagimotoKazuhiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 04:00   Link #148
Mentar
Banned

And once again I can only sigh at how little this gem seems to be known. Comes with my highest recommendations for being hilarious, with good characters you can relate to, and even with a trace of tasteful fanservice.

If you are remotely interested in the genre, give it a whirl.
Old 2013-12-27, 05:03   Link #149
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I know and adore it, Mentar (viva Pettan; Pettan über alles!), but I don't comment very much these days. Just, well, waiting with great anticipation for how Masamune-kun will manage not to kiss the mermaid princess next chapter.

I kinda noticed anyhow we've got similar tastes in romance anime/manga.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 20:13   Link #150
Mentar
Banned

And chapter 11 right thereafter ... delicious!

Now this is a show I'd want a proper anime conversion of!
Old 2013-12-27, 20:16   Link #151
NeutralZero

can't get enough of it...
but why are the two in his house?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 21:03   Link #152
Mentar
Banned

Well, obviously Neko is planning to do something to/with him. Heck, even Yoshino is getting the creeps!

I still say that she's definitely deceiving him, and she is way way WAY out of Masamune's league.

Poor him. Adagaki may be a bitch, but at least she's a genuine bitch. Neko is a false bitch. Boy, is Masamune going to regret crossing her path.
Old 2013-12-27, 23:09   Link #153
taichi-kun

Haha so funny when yoshino was scared of neko
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 11:24   Link #154
scyrp
FanBoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

After chapter 12 I completely agree with you. I think your prediction is really spot on. Yoshino even warns Masamune to "not get caught up in the tide". I think this warning it two fold: to tell Masamune to keep on his revenge, and to warn him of Neko's true intentions. I think Yoshino isn't coming out and straight up saying her suspicions because she isnt completely sure of it yet, but I think she is on the right track.

For those wondering about the LN, the manga came out Oct 27, 2012 and the LN came out Dec 20, 2013. In the case of this series the novel is the one based off the manga, the manga is the current source material.
scyrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 11:29   Link #155
Johnny
Working the bags...

Masamune needs to worry less about revenge and more about trying not to be a blundering fool...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 06:55   Link #156
NeutralZero

The mother seems knows the surname of Neko or is familiar with it at least...
is she a forgotten childhood friend or something?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 08:39   Link #157
Breimoon

hope it is not a new Marika like Nisekoi
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 10:32   Link #158
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
hope it is not a new Marika like Nisekoi
I can agree with that since marika has been mostly an annoyance IMO in nisekoi maybe she was a neighbor of theirs growing up and was in love with masamune when he was fat and she hated the way he was treated or something like that.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 10:33   Link #159
kazzuya13

It doesn't look it in the last page.
Old 2014-01-09, 11:38   Link #160
Sixth
Hu Tao

Neko confirmed a fat girl in the past.

Young Masamune: Go away, ugly and fat girl! Boooooo
Young Neko: I will not going to forget this...*doing hard-core workout and eat supplements*

So, basically the plot is something like:

Neko is plotting a revenge on Masamune who is plotting his revenge on the ojou-sama who is plotting punishment on herself?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bait and switch, harem, romance, tsundere, white knight protagonist