AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-23, 08:51   Link #1
Shadow-Skill

Male Supremecy

I'm sure everyone has noticed that ALL the girls in this anime so far have sucked!!!
that includes the jounins. Everytime a girl has fought a guy, they've gotten their @$$ handed to them. Except for Temari, she still lost, it just wasn't as lop-sided as the other male, female matchups.
Spoiler:

this is probably the reason that Orochimaru is only after young boys
Shadow-Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 09:05   Link #2
HoboGod
Necromancer

Spoiler:

tho still, i know where ya are coming from on this, but it has already been talked about in:
Will a female character ever win a fight? [Manga]

and sexism itself has been talked about heavily in:
Equality of Men and Women?
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 09:48   Link #3
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-Skill
I'm sure everyone has noticed that ALL the girls in this anime so far have sucked!!!
that includes the jounins. Everytime a girl has fought a guy, they've gotten their @$$ handed to them. Except for Temari, she still lost, it just wasn't as lop-sided as the other male, female matchups.
Spoiler:

this is probably the reason that Orochimaru is only after young boys
dunno the point of this post. Males are indeed supreme when it comes to fighting. They do suck at cooking and giving birth and taking care of kids though.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 09:58   Link #4
kamij0

Its not male supremacy, this show is not to show girl power either, its just common sense, Do we have all females in the army ?
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 10:21   Link #5
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
women are far more weaker than men in general. That's just how it is. But if you compered all the girls, I think that Temari is the strongest so far. BUT if Hinata becomes evil, I bet you she can kick all the girl's butts!!!
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 10:24   Link #6
Tarantula

Well, Naruto is a shounen series and first of all, the audience (target: male) should identify with the characters. So why having a girl playing rambo and kick people's ass, if the show is all about boys?
The show is for boys, and boys want to see other boys fighting, growing and being cool.

There are *very* few shounen shows where women/girls have more to show than swinging their ass and titts and looking sexy. (they're not even normal)

But I can totaly accept like Naruto is. Even if Tsunade did not really win, she surely has her fight qualities. And I've noticed that most female ninja have a good sense for tactics and AREN'T STUPID! (I'm talking about the women..the girls still lack of maturity.)
Tarantula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 10:57   Link #7
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Haku would have bitch slaped all of them, including most of the guys.
If it wasen't for that damn Kakashi

Huh wait a min.....Haku was a guy
Oh well,who can blame me for getting that one wrong
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 12:44   Link #8
xxjc1104xx

Send a message via AIM to xxjc1104xx Send a message via MSN to xxjc1104xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula
Well, Naruto is a shounen series and first of all, the audience (target: male) should identify with the characters. So why having a girl playing rambo and kick people's ass, if the show is all about boys?
The show is for boys, and boys want to see other boys fighting, growing and being cool.

There are *very* few shounen shows where women/girls have more to show than swinging their ass and titts and looking sexy. (they're not even normal)

But I can totaly accept like Naruto is. Even if Tsunade did not really win, she surely has her fight qualities. And I've noticed that most female ninja have a good sense for tactics and AREN'T STUPID! (I'm talking about the women..the girls still lack of maturity.)
True but a lot of females watch Naruto anyways

Still would be nice to at least make some females able to hold their own ground..

Hinata vs Neji, hinata lost

Kurenai, Asuma vs Kisame, Itachi, kurenai did horrible

Sakura vs Ino, pointless fight

Sakura and team 7, sakura screams "sasuke kun!!" and does nothing but hold a kunai

Temari vs Shikamaru, shikamaru basically won cept he gave up

Anko vs orochimaru, nasty outcome :P

Yeah.. =/
xxjc1104xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 12:51   Link #9
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
The undieingly obstinant feminist machine keeps on running...
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 12:53   Link #10
Zek
Eyebrows...

Temari didn't lose to Shikamaru. She won the fight. He didn't just give up because he's lazy; he ran out of chakra and was unable to do anything to win despite his temporary advantage. When your opponent wears himself out and is unable to continue, you've won. If Shikamaru hadn't given up the fight Temari would have beaten him down as soon as she was free. He doesn't have much chakra and she kept away from his shadow for long enough that he wasted all of it, so Temari won, no room for interpretation at all.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 12:53   Link #11
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich!

ohhh wait ... this is a Naruto thread.

Hehehe ... I agrees ... I want to see some ladies do DAMAGE! It's quite sexy if you ask meh. Tsunade didn't do tooo bad though ... the end of that fight was quite arousing ...
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 12:55   Link #12
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich!

ohhh wait ... this is a Naruto thread.

Hehehe ... I agrees ... I want to see some ladies do DAMAGE! It's quite sexy if you ask meh. Tsunade didn't do tooo bad though ... the end of that fight was quite arousing ...
Hahaha. Holding my sides.
"Hey woman! Shut your mouth, get back in the kitchen and bake me a pie!!![/Eric Cartman]
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 12:55   Link #13
Shousha

Send a message via ICQ to Shousha Send a message via AIM to Shousha Send a message via MSN to Shousha Send a message via Yahoo to Shousha
agreed.

women do suck at fighting.

*wonders when Sakura is going to do anyhting else than holding a kunai and scream: Sasuke-kun!!!*

¬_¬
Shousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 12:56   Link #14
xxjc1104xx

Send a message via AIM to xxjc1104xx Send a message via MSN to xxjc1104xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Temari didn't lose to Shikamaru. She won the fight. He didn't just give up because he's lazy; he ran out of chakra and was unable to do anything to win despite his temporary advantage. When your opponent wears himself out and is unable to continue, you've won. If Shikamaru hadn't given up the fight Temari would have beaten him down as soon as she was free. He doesn't have much chakra and she kept away from his shadow for long enough that he wasted all of it, so Temari won, no room for interpretation at all.
I never said lost... I never said he gave up because he's lazy... and besides, this was an exam, not a fight to the death..
xxjc1104xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 12:57   Link #15
Shousha

Send a message via ICQ to Shousha Send a message via AIM to Shousha Send a message via MSN to Shousha Send a message via Yahoo to Shousha
*wants to beat Sakura up with a metal bat*

>.<
Shousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:00   Link #16
Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjc1104xx
True but a lot of females watch Naruto anyways

Still would be nice to at least make some females able to hold their own ground..

Sakura and team 7, sakura screams "sasuke kun!!" and does nothing but hold a kunai

Yeah.. =/

Neji has bloodline limit stronger

Lack of intel on Itachi , she was actually doing well for someone who never fought Itachi

Character building , also it was necessary I guess

She has a long way to go before overcoming her emotionality and attachment to sasuke

He was out of Chakra , a miscalculation on his part, she won due to her exhausting of his chakra even after she lost in strategy

Teacher vs Psychologically damaged student he undermined ....

The Women are doing better than the girls , I think the girls maybe minus Hinata are being typical and stereotyped as love-warriors.

Hinata is showing more strength emotionally...
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:24   Link #17
Shadow-Skill

Umm, this wasn't supposed to turn in to a battle of the sexes thread, although pretty funny. what I was getting at was Oro's "interest" in young males.

BTW, shika did give up, he would've won, he said he thought of 200 moves, but its too troublesome to continue.

Sakura vs. Ino was totally pointless, it didn't need 2 damn episodes. it could've taken 5 minutes like temari vs. ten ten.
Shadow-Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:33   Link #18
Icer

What did you really expect from a Shounen (Young boys) Fighting (generally men > women) series?

It's not as if this is Dragonball where the strongest female character is...wait there isn't. There are plenty. Naruto probably has alot more than you could expect it to have.

Even a woman is the leader of the entire village, that speaks volumes about how it's not sexist. And there is no supremacy, even though the males do get the focus.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:55   Link #19
UnCauzi

You must have forgotten.

A chick beat Sarutobi, sure the chick was Orochimaru, but that was a chick nonetheless lol. So technically a chick beat someone who was considered the best Shinobi of all time.

That has to count for something.

UnCauzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:55   Link #20
Narutto Kyuubi

Cool

Spoiler:
Narutto Kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote