AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2008-10-02, 00:45   Link #1
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Yui Aragaki

Anyone know who she is?

From wiki.theppn.org

* Name: Aragaki Yui (新垣結衣)
* Nickname: Gakki (ガッキー), Yuibo (ゆいぼ)
* Birthdate: June 11th, 1988
* Birthplace: Naha-shi, Okinawa
* Blood type: A
* Height: 167cm
* Bust: 80cm
* Waist: 62cm
* Hips: 87cm
* Siblings: Two older sisters
* Hobbies: Karaoke, reading manga (especially Love Con), drawing
* Favorite artists: DA PUMP

Information

After seeing an audition notice for the junior fashion magazine Nicola, Yui applied and won the Grand Prix award for the audition. After that, she became a Nicomo (Nicola model) and because of her fashion sense and logical personality gained many fans. In 2004 she put her modeling in Nicola on hold to expand her current career into gravure, appearing on variety shows, and acting. In 2005 she officially graduated from the magazine. The same year, she was in the TBS drama Dragon Zakura. This began her entrance into the acting world and she has gone on to appear in other shows since. Even though she has graduated from Nicola, she still appears in the magazine occasionally.

2006 marked the release of her first photobook, Chura Chura, which is regional dialect for something that is beautiful.
Trivia

* Best friend is fellow Nicomo Konan Yuka.
* Yui was very shy as a child. Even now she is shy around strangers, which is uncommon for most celebrities who get their jobs for being outgoing.
* Her nickname "Gakki" came from fellow actress Enomoto Atsuko.
* Shares not only a nickname with Niigaki Risa, but they were also born in the same year. However, their nicknames are spelled differently.
* Has the same agency of super-popular former U-15 idol Ishida Miku. They even lived in the same dormitory while debuting in Tokyo. She attended the same high school as Satsukawa Aimi.
* Has acrophobia, or fear of heights. During an Up to Boy photoshoot, she had to be in a ferris wheel gondola. Even though her acrophobia was in full swing, she tried her best to suppress it.
* Currently, Yui holds the record for most covers of Nicola at 15 covers.

Discographies
Albums

* [2007.12.05] Sora (そら) #3

Singles

* [2008.07.16] Make my day #2
* [2008.10.15] Akai Ito (赤い糸)

Appearance
Movies

* [2008] FURE FURE GIRL (フレフレ少女)
* [2007] Koizora (恋空)
* [2007] Koisuru Madori (恋するマドリ)
* [2007] Waruboro (ワルボロ)

Dramas

* [2005] Sh15uya (シブヤフィフティーン) as Ema
* [2005] Dragon Zakura (ドラゴン桜) as Kosaka Yoshino
* [2005] Onna no Ichidaiki ~Koshiji Fubuki~ (越路吹雪・愛の生涯~この命燃えつきるまで私は歌う) as Koshiji Fubuki
* [2006] True Love
* [2006] Kanojo no Koibumi (彼女の恋文)
* [2006] Gyarusa (ギャルサー) as Nagisa
* [2006] My★Boss My★Hero as Umemra Hikaru
* [2007] Papa to Musume no Nanokakan (パパとムスメの7日間) as Kawahara Koume
* [2008] Code Blue -Doctor Heri Kinkyuu Kyuumei- (Code Blue -ドクターヘリ緊急救命-) as Shiraishi Megumi

DVDs

* [2006.05.17] Xiangyu Shanyui
* [2007.12.12] Sora Films (そら Films)

Photobooks

* [2006.03.xx] Chura Chura
* [2007.03.20] Masshiro

So, she is a model/actress/singer/radio show host

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 10:54   Link #2
Nervous Venus

I'm not really a fan of her songs (well not the songs, but the way she sings them), and I can't even evaluate her performance in Code Blue so far. With the character she is playing, it doesn't give her much leverage as an actress. So far I've only seen her three other films:

Koizora (恋空)
Koisuru Madori (恋するマドリ)
Waruboro (ワルボロ)

She was good in all three, though she could have been better. Her chemistry was probably best with the male lead in Koizora (but why the library, of all places??)

Anyway, though I'm no fan, I saw photos from her photobook and have seen her sprinkled around other magazines. She looks beautiful (very charming smile and all).
Old 2008-10-04, 01:02   Link #3
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
I'm not really a fan of her songs (well not the songs, but the way she sings them), and I can't even evaluate her performance in Code Blue so far. With the character she is playing, it doesn't give her much leverage as an actress. So far I've only seen her three other films:

Koizora (恋空)
Koisuru Madori (恋するマドリ)
Waruboro (ワルボロ)

She was good in all three, though she could have been better. Her chemistry was probably best with the male lead in Koizora (but why the library, of all places??)

Anyway, though I'm no fan, I saw photos from her photobook and have seen her sprinkled around other magazines. She looks beautiful (very charming smile and all).
Yes, she is beautiful, isn't she? Not to mention unbearably cute. . .

Well, it depends on the taste, I guess. I personally like her songs and enjoy listening to them. Calms me down..

She is a very good actress, IMHO. She has won more awards than the average Hollywood superstar so far and it doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon.

You watched Waruboro? Sub or no sub?

Old 2008-10-19, 05:42   Link #4
LCeh

I have seen many of her dorama, but as a singer I am still skeptical, as I always am when actors/actresses try to make that transition to singers.

I have listened to her singing Make my day and I wasn't very impressed. At least as an actress, even though she may not be spectacular, at least she doesn't do much wrong either. I hope to see her working hard in singing and make some improvements.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 08:51   Link #5
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
I have seen many of her dorama, but as a singer I am still skeptical, as I always am when actors/actresses try to make that transition to singers.

I have listened to her singing Make my day and I wasn't very impressed. At least as an actress, even though she may not be spectacular, at least she doesn't do much wrong either. I hope to see her working hard in singing and make some improvements.
Well, i have to say the Akai Ito was one of the best songs I have heard this year.

I strongly recommend that song.

And she is a phenomenal actress, everyone agrees with me on that.

And so does Japan, 6 awards so far. .