AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-05, 18:29   Link #1421
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Eve? Who's Eve? For some odd reason I was thinking Eve from Black Cat.
You're correct. They were talking about the Halloween banner at the top of the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
^ Consistency has never been Tsuzuki's strenght xDU
To his credit he usually doesn't flub something up in the course of chapters. Hopefully the translation will help explain it.
Old 2011-11-05, 19:15   Link #1422
Kuze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Does he have to?
Nope, not at all.

Like I said, a quirk. Not terribly important in the overall scheme of things. But it is awkward, and it's unnecessary overall.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 19:52   Link #1423
Justin_Brett

There probably is some kind of explanation. The summaries don't translate every character's dialogue, after all. Maybe the guy who did it just didn't think it was important?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 20:22   Link #1424
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
Nope, not at all.

Like I said, a quirk. Not terribly important in the overall scheme of things. But it is awkward, and it's unnecessary overall.
That, and it's one of the few noticeable things to talk about this chapter, so naturally we'll talk about it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 20:31   Link #1425
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Apparently we developed some bad habit of talk about the prominent flaws of each chapter xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 21:05   Link #1426
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Perhaps the magic only simulates extreme injury, e.g. breaking a limb. Minor stuff like bruises and skin scrapes are allowed through. And also if you strain a muscle, that's not simulated, either.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 21:14   Link #1427
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Maybe Corona is covered in bandages as a result of the consequences of using such an extreme technique? She was channeling the strenght and power of a Humongous Golem trough her small and skinny body after all.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-05, 21:26   Link #1428
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

One would think the safety measures would keep that in check, but it is a likely explanation.
Old 2011-11-05, 22:40   Link #1429
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
You know, if they wanted to be 100% safe, they'd simply do some sort of VR simulation like Nanoha did to train. But since they're not, I have to assume that real life magical combat is not 100% safe, no matter what magical safeguards they employ. Such as if you step wrong and twist your ankle; you can still overstress and injure yourself.

Thus, it makes more sense to me that lighter stuff makes it through, as the system is only working to prevent serious injury. Much like magic can deliver a knockout blow without harm, the system probably only prevents serious injury when one person delivers an attack to another.

Edit: Such as when that girl's arm was broken. The system read the intent of the spell, and took the bite out of it, but applied a specific spell to make the recipient think her arm was broken. At least, rendered it temporarily unusable.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 10:56   Link #1430
Sunder the Gold

You know, with no fewer than four empires in the pre-TSAB time-period, it's funny that those eras are known only as "Ancient Belka" or "Belkan Reunification War".

It's also really funny that Mid-Childa, which produced a magical system that allegedly rivaled the Belkan magic system, apparently had no emperor of its own.

If Mid-Childa had any emperor at all, it was not the Thunder Emperor Dalgryn, since the modern heir explicitly uses the Dalgryn magic system as the base for Thunder Emperor Style.

Shutra apparently used the Belkan magic system, which is one of the things that confuses the issue of whether Shutra was an empire unto itself or merely one of the more important worlds in the Belkan Empire.

Nothing is known about what magic system Garea/Gallia used, since nothing remains of them but the Al Hazardian overtechnology weapons they created: The Dark King and the Marriage.

Sieglinde uses a "Ermian Kratz" magic system to support her "Synthesis of Magical Strategy" style. Which is odd, as we've never heard of any such empire or planet before.

All of these new empires and planets are being introduced, but each one only produces more questions about Mid-Childa and its own history, which recieves no elaboration at all.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 12:24   Link #1431
Justin_Brett

Well the mystery is sort of the appeal of this past, isn't it? Can't explain everything.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 13:07   Link #1432
Sunder the Gold

It's still ridiculous for particular things to be mysterious, you know.
Old 2011-11-10, 13:54   Link #1433
Kuze

The best mysteries involve leaving just enough clues and hints for deduction, and not enough for every minute detail to be told, so that part of story can come from the horse's mouth.

Just leaving that one out there. Paul Dini has too much damn fun with the Riddler, I swear.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 14:35   Link #1434
Sunder the Gold

It also helps if the picture that the puzzle pieces seem to form actually makes sense.

But it seems like Seven Arcs keeps expanding their universe without the least bit of concern for how much sense the additions make.

Also, when did anyone reveal Vivio's origins to the public? Jail didn't announce that part, and both the military and the church would have plenty of reasons to keep it a secret.
Old 2011-11-10, 16:04   Link #1435
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You think that what is essentially the rebirth of Jezus could be kept a secret? Someone's going to spill the beans somewhere, sometime.

I'm more disappointed that everybody just seems shrug and moves on. I mean, this girl has been worshiped for centuries. Even if Vivio is only a clone, I'd still expect some more hubbub surounding her.
Old 2011-11-10, 16:08   Link #1436
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

In regards to Vivio, i think her status as a clone of the Sankt Kaiser isn't keeped strictly a secret but also isn't widespread info. So, most people ignore that information and only the o0nes curious enough to check find out that yes, she's the reincarnation of an Ancient Belkan Ruler.

At least that was apparently Victoria Dalgryn got a hold of that information.

About the "mistery" part surrounding the new styles and their respective origins i agree with Sunder that while it's true that there's some merit in keeping the mistery they also need to set a solid background instead of revealing new countries/empires just for the sake of having new magic styles, you can be misterious and a coherent story at the same time, just leave the key aspects a mistery it isn't necessary to keep the whole story into shadows.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-10, 16:23   Link #1437
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That just doesn't make any sense though, we are talking the idol of a religion here. The Sankt Kaiser has an entire religion dedicated to her across multiple dimensions. It is canonically the largest religion in existence. The rebirth of it's center of worship is either a complete secret or widespread info. It's not something people just go "Oh the Sankt Kaiser returned. That's nice. Could you pass me the coffee?"
Old 2011-11-10, 16:32   Link #1438
Sunder the Gold

Someone on the inside spilling the beans (and probably getting court-marshalled) makes sense.

The world basically shrugging its shoulders and leaving her alone doesn't. There ought to be religious pilgrims on Nanoha's lawn, and entire cheering sections at the Intermiddle meets. Kids in school would be sucking up to her left and right or picking on her because they don't see what's so special.

And the secret obviously has to be out, otherwise Einhart wouldn't have known.

Of course, Einhart also shouldn't have known about Ixpellia, and I'm damn sure Ix is a secret that the military and church would keep under tight control. At least with Vivio, the Cradle is destroyed. As long as Ix lives, the Marriage could return.

And if Vivio and Ixpellia are secrets still under wraps, who the hell told Einhart? She apparently has some money, since she has her own place, lots of serious training equipment, and can afford to go to a really good private school, but does she have any guardians, mentors, contacts or shadowy conspiring manipulators looking after her?

I enjoy ViVid a lot more than Force, but I think in various ways it's a WORSE story.

I mean, the forgotten heirs of two MORE emperors out of no where, and both of them are living on Mid-Childa. It's like an emperor can't live on any other planet, these days.
Old 2011-11-10, 16:36   Link #1439
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That just doesn't make any sense though, we are talking the idol of a religion here. The Sankt Kaiser has an entire religion dedicated to her across multiple dimensions. It is canonically the largest religion in existence. The rebirth of it's center of worship is either a complete secret or widespread info. It's not something people just go "Oh the Sankt Kaiser returned. That's nice. Could you pass me the coffee?"
I undertand what you're trying to say but we also have important religious figures in real life and billions of people who in fact react exactly as in your last commentary, not everyone is religious and not everyone lost it's head at the suppossed "reincarnation" of a religious figure i guess most people didn't now the details of the "rebirth" of the Sankt Kaiser and have sceptical opinions about it passing it off as a publicity trick or something.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-10, 16:37   Link #1440
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd say maybe they're waiting for her to grow older so she can handle the responsibilities of essentially being Jesus better, but then again, given the age roles in Nanoha, she's already within that age. Hell, as Erio put it, at 10 he would've already had the responsibilities of an adult had they been in Old Belka.

Tags
vivid