AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-12-10, 21:21   Link #5901
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

It's strange. I don't think I've ever met a Texans fan in real life.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 21:49   Link #5902
GDB

The Texans' starters caught the plane, right?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 23:23   Link #5903
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I haven't caught any Texans games prior to this one.. how'd they get that record? Must be an off game, but if they play like this in the playoffs I wouldn't mind seeing them go against the Patriots again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
It's strange. I don't think I've ever met a Texans fan in real life.
One of my weirdo friends from high school is one, despite growing up in New England during the Brady era... He's at the game, perhaps reconsidering his loyalties...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The Texans' starters caught the plane, right?
Your avatar matches your attitude so well, GDB.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 23:25   Link #5904
GDB

Looks like the Pats are smart enough to pull their starters now. However, when you're up 41 to 7, you can pull them a little earlier than 4:30 left in the game.
Old 2012-12-10, 23:26   Link #5905
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Looks like the Pats are smart enough to pull their starters now. However, when you're up 41 to 7, you can pull them a little earlier than 4:30 left in the game.
"Running up the score!"
Old 2012-12-11, 01:28   Link #5906
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well the Texans were bound to eventually have an off game, every team seems to get at least one a year, but even so that was a horrible performance.

Maybe this will be one of those good loses though where they learn from it and perhaps even get hungrier to prove that they deserve their record/status, thus improving from it.

Either way I don't think the Texans are as bad as they looked tonight, was simply an off night or the Patriots are just "the team" that has their number.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 02:21   Link #5907
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well the Texans were bound to eventually have an off game, every team seems to get at least one a year, but even so that was a horrible performance.
An off game? That happened when they played the Packers.

This one is a complete dismantlement.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 04:53   Link #5908
Samari
World's Greatest

If I'm a Texans fan, I'm thinking better to have this now than later. The Texans just seemed off the entire night. Schaub was off passing the ball, the receivers dropped some passes that weren't too hard to catch, the offensive line didn't play very well, and the defense kept giving up big plays and didn't get that much pressure on Brady the majority of the night. They melted against the Packers earlier in the season at home too. We'll see what kind of team this is when the playoffs start. Still not ready to call them pretenders yet.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 11:53   Link #5909
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
An off game? That happened when they played the Packers.

This one is a complete dismantlement.
More like the Texans jsut making all their own mistakes an constantly giving the Patriots gifts. A lot of the problems really didn't come from the Patriots "dismantling them" (perhaps on defense, but the Texans did have some good defensive outings throughout the middle portion of the game, but then just lost it I think when things got out of reach) but more so to do with mistakes and too many oppurtunities given to the Pats.

- The bogus Defensive pass interference call that extended a drive and lead to 7 for the Pats.
- The Texan that couldn't recover the forced fumble when the Pats where ins coring range. eventually led to 7
- Matt Shaubb just being off throwing the ball all night, forced a double coverage INT on a likely scoring drive.
- Walter, who has been an amazing catcher, drops the 4th down catch conversion

So yeah I'd call it an off game that turned out the way it did more so because of the Texans own faults rather than simply the Patriots dismantling them, although I think it is still a fair opinion to call it a dismantlement. It's just not what I thought of it. The Patriots are a team that capatilizes on other team's mistakes very well, and of course they are amazing at home in the month of December.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 13:11   Link #5910
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

dismantlement is what the Seahawks did to the Cardinals
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 16:51   Link #5911
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Just a question: has anybody watched Navy vs. Army on Saturday?

It was a hard fought game and all players were in top shape. I wish the NFL had more players meeting the physical fitness standards of the Annapolis and West Point guys; the only beef I have with American football is how some obese guys are admitted on the team. In any sport, I just have a hard time calling a displine a sport if there are players who would be labelled as "out of shape" in normal life.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 17:18   Link #5912
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Schaub was off passing the ball, the receivers dropped some passes that weren't too hard to catch, the offensive line didn't play very well, and the defense kept giving up big plays and didn't get that much pressure on Brady the majority of the night. Still not ready to call them pretenders yet.
I wouldn't call them pretenders, but they just don't seem to have the talent of a number one seed, at least in my opinion. As for the defense, the defensive line actually put a lot of pressure on Brady last night if I recall, it was just that the secondary was doing so bad that Brady could basically lob it up there for a touchdown. Granted this was early though, in the 3rd quarter Brady was something like 2-12 passing to start so the secondary actually got better as the game went on.

As much as I want to say this was a dismantling, at the same time it really wasn't. It was really like 3 or 4 plays that basically made the game be so one sided, if those plays go the other way we may have been looking at a very different final score right now.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 20:32   Link #5913
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

It was a hard fought game and all players were in top shape. I wish the NFL had more players meeting the physical fitness standards of the Annapolis and West Point guys; the only beef I have with American football is how some obese guys are admitted on the team. In any sport, I just have a hard time calling a displine a sport if there are players who would be labelled as "out of shape" in normal life.
Yeah, it's not that simple. These guys aren't just admitted on a team.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 21:04   Link #5914
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I used to be into Army vs Navy. Then Navy won. And won. And won. And won. And..

Rivalries stop being compelling when it's as lopsided as this one has been for the last umpteen years.

As far as the NFL goes, the popular money has to be on the Patriots or Broncos vs...well, to be honest, I don't know that there's any particularly strong NFC team ahead of the pack, regardless of the records some of those teams have.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 21:32   Link #5915
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

Obese players are always on the line and they have to have both strength and endurance. Not every obese guy is as physically powerful and quick as an obese guy in the NFL, not even close, nor has as much muscle mass (even if it's paired with fat). They could lose weight if they switched their diet, but in their case they would not necessarily want to and will pack on as many pounds as possible while still remaining physically capable.
Old 2012-12-11, 21:53   Link #5916
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post

As far as the NFL goes, the popular money has to be on the Patriots or Broncos vs...well, to be honest, I don't know that there's any particularly strong NFC team ahead of the pack, regardless of the records some of those teams have.
If those were my only two choices then, I would go with the Patriots.
Reason: Tom and the Pat's already beat Manning and Broncos once, I think they could do it again.
Old 2012-12-11, 22:04   Link #5917
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I think the worst part of that loss for the Texans was that the coach gave up on them with a whole quarter of football left. That's not a coach who believes in his team.
Old 2012-12-12, 00:13   Link #5918
sky black swordman

^ Seriously ? I only watch up to the 3rd quarter,. So probably did not see this.
Old 2012-12-12, 07:48   Link #5919
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

So glad Cam Cameron's finally been canned.
Old 2012-12-12, 08:44   Link #5920
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
I think the worst part of that loss for the Texans was that the coach gave up on them with a whole quarter of football left. That's not a coach who believes in his team.
In what way? By pulling the starters? I'm sorry, but if the other team is up a good 4 TDs over you, and it's not a shootout, there's zero reason to keep the starters in at that point. All you do is risk injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
So glad Cam Cameron's finally been canned.
Agreed. Should've happened two years ago.

Tags
american football, sports