AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-26, 19:07   Link #12301
Homura7

^

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 19:12   Link #12302
ccie20012

Spoiler for ^:
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 19:17   Link #12303
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
^

Spoiler for spoiler:
Preferrably, never again.

But I guess that would kinda be asking too much of the big guy.
Old 2013-02-26, 19:25   Link #12304
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Preferrably, never again.

But I guess that would kinda be asking too much of the big guy.
Actually, she will and she should.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-02-26, 22:37   Link #12305
silver001

You guys think you are soooooooooo, cool with your spoilers and stuff. But you are not.

But seriously, I am want to read the spoiler. I guess its my fault for coming here on a tuesday nite. Man I'm bored.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 00:56   Link #12306
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkas View Post
I think this manga will get the axe in the next issue and that why the rushed ending (dont kill me for this )
It's getting a color next week, most peeps on mangahelpers think this is the final chapter. One person said because Nisio is starting a new LN series (and with Bake due to finish soon he probably is) I laughed considering his workload, MB is a tiny fraction of his output.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 01:08   Link #12307
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's getting a color next week, most peeps on mangahelpers think this is the final chapter.
Has a Jump manga ever ended without an announcement beforehand?
Edit: I checked the mangahelpers thread that you're talking about. They're full of shit. Nice try though.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 01:13   Link #12308
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Not any manga that I know of.
Old 2013-02-27, 07:43   Link #12309
novalysis

I've said this before, and I'd say this again: I think the world of Medaka Box would make for a brilliant setting to a Seinen Light Novel - preferably one parodying Seinen tropes.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 09:28   Link #12310
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I've said this before, and I'd say this again: I think the world of Medaka Box would make for a brilliant setting to a Seinen Light Novel - preferably one parodying Seinen tropes.
What seinen tropes, most of them are pretty much the same as shounen tropes, but with boobs shown/slightly more overt sex, and the rest are simply darker and edgier which isn't what Medaka box is about or even good at.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:27   Link #12311
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Has a Jump manga ever ended without an announcement beforehand?
Pretty much every cancelled series ever.

Beyond that, I'm fairly certain the "announcement" that Hitman Reborn was ending came the chapter it ended, to give an example. Likewise, the "announcement" of Bakuman ending seems to have been in it's final chapter. So yeah, a Jump series ending without an announcement beforehand is pretty commonplace.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:29   Link #12312
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Pretty much every cancelled series ever.

Beyond that, I'm fairly certain the "announcement" that Hitman Reborn was ending came the chapter it ended, to give an example. Likewise, the "announcement" of Bakuman ending seems to have been in it's final chapter. So yeah, a Jump series ending without an announcement beforehand is pretty commonplace.
Actually with most major series even some minor (e.g shounen jump) they give a notice, it's more simply that notice isn't always translated in english, so you don't actually see it, but typically they do exist.
Old 2013-02-27, 11:38   Link #12313
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Actually with most major series even some minor (e.g shounen jump) they give a notice, it's more simply that notice isn't always translated in english, so you don't actually see it, but typically they do exist.
Let me rephrase. If there was an announcement of Bakuman or Reborn ending, it was not translated, or at least not widely translated, to english prior to the final chapter becoming available and the text at the end of the chapter giving closing words.

Either way the point stands that series do end with little to no announcement, so it would be unsurprising for a very minor series like Medaka Box to end without prior notice.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 12:00   Link #12314
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Let me rephrase. If there was an announcement of Bakuman or Reborn ending, it was not translated, or at least not widely translated, to english prior to the final chapter becoming available and the text at the end of the chapter giving closing words.

Either way the point stands that series do end with little to no announcement, so it would be unsurprising for a very minor series like Medaka Box to end without prior notice.
TBF reborn's ending couldn't have been more obvious considering the chapter titles leading up to the end though I see your point. Howver consider that I've known about several Shounen jump new titles that were ending before the last chapter raw came out, so it often is found in english you just often see it and me neither. I'm saying it does often occur even with extremely minor series though obviously not always.
Old 2013-02-27, 12:12   Link #12315
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Spoiler for 184:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 12:25   Link #12316
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well, at least I can stop being angry every Tuesday.
Still, that's fairly disappointing... but, again, this would have had time to give notice for an ending, it's not like with certain series where they're canned out of the blue. We'll see next week, huh?
Although, personally, I just don't want it to end just so certain people who hate the series won't be vindicated.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 12:30   Link #12317
Wolfenstein

If that actually is the ending, I'll be dissapointed.

Because if it is...there was really no need for the obvious cop-out. Like, at all.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:04   Link #12318
Homura7

So we are again at the "is it ending next chapter" stage. Treasure Hunt arc vibes I'm having.

If it really was ending soon we would have already gotten an anticipated announcement.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:10   Link #12319
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
So we are again at the "is it ending next chapter" stage. Treasure Hunt arc vibes I'm having.
Same here. Personally I thought the conclusion to the Election between Zenkichi and Medaka was a good place to end.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:10   Link #12320
Soji

Quote:

Ad if it really was ending soon we would have already been given a announcement with some anticipation.
Or like the election arc
Really every time we say that and every time the story continue.

Last edited by Soji; 2013-02-27 at 13:23.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council