AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-12-13, 23:58   Link #61
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
Also it might need resizing I don't know if the mods would delete this for the head being exceeding the 160 pixels.
That and it's 109.25 KB (111872 bytes) ... the current limit is 50,000 bytes. That would cost you a point.

Other than the blown out height and 109 KB girth, it's very nice. Personally, I wouldn't put anything in the white space except maybe a user-name (I'm a minimalist by nature (as you can see from my current signature image)). I would also thin out the border and use a different color...hmmm...that light green on the backside of her bathing suit would be neat to mess with.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 02:07   Link #62
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Ok, I need some help on my sig, really I just need suggestions for what to put on the background. Also I think the border looks kinda crappy. Other than that I don't think it's to bad.

Spoiler:
This is interesting. But like Catgirls said, it's too high, so maybe lower the girl down to where you think best fits. Definately hide the text at the bottom left because it looks like the kind of marker used on wallpapers and artbooks. If you're going to lower the girl down, of course it's going to happen. But I love how you extracted her from whatever background she might have been in. Very successful.

Regarding the background, I'd suggest a beach theme with a little orange and blue. After taking a closer look, I notice the color of her behind still has traces of those tones. I like the border, but imo keep her contained within it. Shove the layer of the girl behind the border layer because currently, I see that her leg gets cut off before it touches the border bottom. = |

Of course, most, if not all, of the things I'm pointing out will get fixed once you lower her down a few pixels. lol
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 02:09   Link #63
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Ok, I need some help on my sig, really I just need suggestions for what to put on the background. Also I think the border looks kinda crappy. Other than that I don't think it's to bad.

Spoiler:
ooooo .. I would suggest going for soft brushing BG or just plain beach BG.. But yea.. dont think you can use it here as stated by CG.

Edit:
@ Zaris .. but cutting her lower part detract the sexyness in it =(

====
@ Deathkillz

My old Caster sig is still up there.. on imageshack hosting ... Somewhere .. Lost the one on my HD since my last HD failure ='(

Good eye on the diffusion stuff.. yea.. that, or my sig is >50Kb

Your CC sig

hmmm... Lulu's presence is annoying .. lost him >.< (Did I sound a bit jealous there ? )
hmm.. that bubble on foreground CC's hair, if you can extend it to the BG as well .. hmmmm ...
If you insist on keeping Lulu .. put it near your name ..
C.C font really dont fit IMO.
Not really CCecchi enuff

EDIT
=x
...Screw borders .. I forgot about them
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2006-12-14 at 04:49.
KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 05:43   Link #64
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Cool.. looks better then your last one..
The font kind is kind of hard to read.. but who cares, it looks great..

You sure have good ideas when it comes to where to put your name

Anyway there are 2 lil' things.. first Kallen has her hair a lil' choped at the ends... and then there's that line that seperates ODE GEASS from KALLEN.... it's just a lil' too thik IMO..
Old 2006-12-14, 08:24   Link #65
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

I couldnt help it

Sorry for going offtopic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC
You sure have good ideas when it comes to where to put your name
Thankie
I'll repair those 2 things tomorrow
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-12-14, 13:15   Link #66
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
hmmm... Lulu's presence is annoying .. lost him >.< (Did I sound a bit jealous there ? )
hmm.. that bubble on foreground CC's hair, if you can extend it to the BG as well .. hmmmm ...
If you insist on keeping Lulu .. put it near your name ..
C.C font really dont fit IMO.
Not really CCecchi enuff

EDIT
=x
...Screw borders .. I forgot about them
well lulu is there for comic relief :X and also my lame excuse that i couldnt find a pic without him there

and onto the ecchi topic ~ haha well its intended to be "innocent" but i think i can put something together with the "ass grab" pic then mr mod will bust my ass

you sig : well kallen sure looks stunning O.o i can criticize it other than the fact that there NO BOARDER! *yea i know XD* or you can intend to make the edges transparent for effect?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 15:56   Link #67
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Ok, I did the resizing and I also edited the bottom so you didn't see the copyright stuff. I haven't put a background on it yet cause I'm now debating whether I should use this sig or not considering the resized one seems so small. Tell me what you guys think.

Spoiler:
Crystal_Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 16:16   Link #68
oreo_boi

Do You Guyz Lyk My Signature?????
oreo_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 18:06   Link #69
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

This is an alternative signature. I have some kind of feeling that someone is already using this. Also kayos you're right, it kinda looks retarded with the alucard avatar so as you can see I changed it. Anyways, tell me if you think this would be better to use than my current.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-14, 19:26   Link #70
PhoenixWave
Lost

Hello all, this is my first post, so go easy on me.

This is a signature I made a few years back. I'd like your opinions, please.

PhoenixWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 22:36   Link #71
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hmmm.. Still think you need a BG .. but the BG would make or break the sig IMO, choosing a right one would make the sig to not feel so small .. Try out some of the suggestion for BG and see.

Quote:
Kayos already said that it doesnt make any sense at all... You cant sense any synergy between the BG and the main image. BG is too chaotic as well ... too much color.. too bright .. Its kinda hard to look at for a long time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWave View Post
I would suggest that you lose either 1 of the BG image.. Both lose the focus currently IMO, by using only 1, your BG would look a lil bit cleaner.. Move the quote a lil closer to underneath your name. Try to fit them in between the E's .. you can shrink the quote or enlarge your name to make it .. Also, use capital I on the quote.

I'm so happy that this thread is getting more and more popular with everyone.. Really, I do ..

=x
Edited to fit in BC's suggestion .. Put a border aswell .. And to Riker .. SPAACEEEEE He keeps bothering me on msn about putting some space inbetween the texts and the line. Her hair on top is cut unfortunately, the options are, cropping her top hair, losing 1 of her finger near the gun, reducing her size overall .. I choosen the 1st option as I feel that the size is just nice with the dimension. Resizing her would leave some empty spot .. and cutting her finger is not really an option for me .. I dont like 4 fingers girl .. so I cut half of her head .. hmmm... Sounds
Did you guys realize that this sig is actually filter based work? Only filter and layer blending mode is used..
Ok, I did use a sparkly brush on the BG .. just a bit >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-12-15, 02:43   Link #72
CXC

This is Kooh of Pangya one of the funnest golf game imo...
Well anyways what do you guys think...
atm i'm not really all too good with the BG an all
so how do you guys think up of your BG and stuff related...
CXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 17:07   Link #73
PhoenixWave
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Since I'm a fan of DBZ as well I'll take it easy on you. I really don't have a problem with it except for the "i'm watching you" part. You could probably take that out and pull down the phoenixwave to the vertical center. After that I don't think I really have a problem with it. But as usual that's just my opinion.
Quote:
I would suggest that you lose either 1 of the BG image.. Both lose the focus currently IMO, by using only 1, your BG would look a lil bit cleaner.. Move the quote a lil closer to underneath your name. Try to fit them in between the E's .. you can shrink the quote or enlarge your name to make it .. Also, use capital I on the quote.
Thank you for the suggestions, that pic is a few years old and I don't have the originals that I made the layers from anymore. I'm going to make a new one in a few days, so I'll take everyone's advice into account on the new one.

Oh, and as a side note: I don't think that the font I used originally had a capitol I in it.. because I seem to remember not liking that about it, as well.
PhoenixWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 13:44   Link #74
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
Nobody said you were..

heh, just in case XD
Quote:

Uhh.. BTW is that a spoiler you have there in your open parentheses.

gonna edit the original post, but in fact, the signature is already a spoiler XD (you should probably edit your quote as well XD)
Quote:

To me transparent metal looks weird.. plastic is ok.. but thinking of something that's metal, which would imply hard as hell, and transparent, which would imply thin as air, just sounds like paradox.. maybe if the sig had a different context a paradox would look good.... but not in this one.. it feels too unnatural..

Anyway I don't really understand what the issue with removing it.. are you saing it was part of the original source?! or something like that ........
in fact, i feel exactly the same way, though with anime, some clashing antipodes can be mixed, giving some special result.
as for the transparent metal, i think the "as light as air" is kinda right in some case (well, that's how i think about magical girls or such XD)

as for the cross, in fact, i put the device (this kind of melee weapon/staff) in each nanoha signature. that's why, i feel weird if i remove it altogether, while the 2 other sig from the same serie an structure still have their staff.
Quote:
Your skills at creating random stuff are excellent keep up the good work..
There's no need to modify the sig.. this is a thread to improve our skills not butcher our sigs.. nee~ (maybe just tweak them a lil')
Of course if you wanna I ain't stopping you ^__^
once i would like to be straight and determined when i'm threading some BG T_T
but well, we aren't really butchering, but i guess i spot my own flaws quite better with critics so, i won't hesitate for some changes XD
anyway, i updated some details like i said earlier. here
changes :
-schwertkreuz format
-minor brightness on hayate
-blending change with standby ready.

Quote:
Hayate sig as in the one above I presume..
Problem finding art ehh~
What character(s) from what series are you looking for
like i said, i tried to find some decent art of chrono, of the same serie (mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha), but that damn brat isn't covered at all by the artist fans T_T

since almost every sig have their critic done, i will only comment Kina's last sig, kallen one ^^

Quote:
1)i feel that the bottom right part of the sig is suddenly fading that much in white, while the top is fine.
2)there is something weird at the bottom of her gun... a text? (i really can't read it)
3) the C of code geass is a bit awkward, since it gives the impression that the C is also a part of "kallen stadfield", while there is a big gap between them. thus, it gives some weird feeling of a mistake or something (well that's my opinion >_<)

nothing wrong besides the above points, the signature, while being a bit monochromatic, has a pretty nice pattern of colors.
the ratio of the text and kallen is well done too.

as for me, i gave up the idea for a chrono signature, and tried another "text" signature of higurashi (again ? XD).
but this time, i'm really not convince entirely by the result, i had a damn hard time with rika...

details:
1) the right part is supposed to show the situation of rika : she has absolutely no freedom.
2) the texts are from the Himatsubushi-hen poem, the 2 last paragraphs. (again, i played a bit with the place and way to read. the first paragraph is written vertically and must be read from the right to the left, while the second is read from the left to the right.)

i agree this signature seems rather weird without any knowledge about the serie, but this was done on purpose ^^;

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-12-17 at 10:34.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 03:24   Link #75
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

LMAO @ the filename.. I 1st read it as Bankai

Excellent sig. Some flaws IMO..
1) bottom mid, where the lying char meet the neck of the left char, its kinda like crop in the mid and it really really bothers me.
2) the right side .. the kanji (?) and the quote when they cry... and the tiny box girl on chain feels a bit alienated.. If I were to rate the sig.. the right side would make this sig lost to your current 1 you using honestly (but still higher then your Nanoha sig sets) .. Shows how much I love your current 1

===
Regarding my sig ..
1) yea.. but then, I dont know how to to fill the bottom right spot with anything
2) its A's tail .. from my name KiNA
3) opinion rejected ... the gap is sufficient

Should change my current sig for av + sig combo >.< .. but I still love my Caster. ;_; She's crying ;_;
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-12-18, 15:41   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
LMAO @ the filename.. I 1st read it as Bankai
Imagehackus randomization FTW ~~
Quote:
Excellent sig. Some flaws IMO..
1) bottom mid, where the lying char meet the neck of the left char, its kinda like crop in the mid and it really really bothers me.
errr, i didn't really understood what you meant, though i worked a bit around that area anyway XD
Quote:
2) the right side .. the kanji (?) and the quote when they cry... and the tiny box girl on chain feels a bit alienated..
well, i felt it could ruin a bit the mood, while in the other hand, it improves a lot (indeed, you need to understand what is going on first )
i thought it wouldn't be too much "out of nowhere" but... what about transparency then?

Quote:
If I were to rate the sig.. the right side would make this sig lost to your current 1 you using honestly (but still higher then your Nanoha sig sets) .. Shows how much I love your current 1
huho... thanks but...it is really THAT good? XD
well, i was scared i would be utterly murdered because of the 180° change again (well, compared to the nanoha sig of course), so i thought it would be butchered/bad rated because of the uncommon set of pictures and blending XD

anyway, i tried some tweeks around, here is the V2 :

-Some changes in the right
-while working on the middle bottom, i felt the face wasn't really expressing its full sorrow, so i displaced it a bit. while the tears are harder to notice, i think the empty eye expression is improving the "hopeless" mood.

Quote:
===
Regarding my sig ..
1) yea.. but then, I dont know how to to fill the bottom right spot with anything
2) its A's tail .. from my name KiNA
3) opinion rejected ... the gap is sufficient

Should change my current sig for av + sig combo >.< .. but I still love my Caster. ;_; She's crying ;_;
well, i will be straight : i think Kallen sig beat mercilessly your current caster sig.
This is only my opinion thought, but the ratio in the caster sig is quite unbalanced (mainly because the lack of "real" BG and the background picture taking a HUGE place, without really giving an additionnal mood/message behind the main picture) while the tear is pretty well done (no contest), the picture quality suffered a lot because of the gif format (can't be helped...) but, well, indeed, use the one you like ^^
Old 2006-12-20, 23:09   Link #77
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yes.. perfect. I dont know about you, but I'll try to sharpen the eye a bit more so it stands out. But, that just a minor. Now if only I can understands those words @_@ ...

Dont really wanted to post this, since its really involves no work beside the extracting job ( which I failed miserably -- Thats what you got when doing the extraction at 2 am in the morning) And I guess I better repair the face as well.. darken blending mode sux ( more like I did ).. But, I'm happy .. it do work as promotion signature. Iroha really needs more love, the series is top quality ^.^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-12-21, 11:48   Link #78
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
kiNa ~ hmm yep the colours are kinda off...it looks like the blending mode is on screen also...i duno but something doesnt look quite right...the colours itself are find but i can help but feel that theres a much needed splash of paint somwhere else ~ besides that i dont have anything to add ~ but quick question...who is she and where from? :3

Klashikari:

great! again another stunning sig

but a few points which looks a bit off ~
1) i like the lighting but the flash on riku's chin is it really needed? i think it stands out a bit too much when contrasted with the BG pic which also contrasts to the colours of the lighting on the left side of the sig...so either making it blend more or remove it altogether is an option ~

2) the text in the middle of riku's face isnt good it blocks too much of the view imo...

3) everything is pushed towards the left side with gives it a feeling of uneveness >.< tho i do understand its hard to balance everything out to me it seems that the left side is a bit cluttered while the right side is left empty ~ i think the colours also add to that effect @_@

ahh well...i think i should put mine up as well for the slaughter

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 12:31   Link #79
saphyre

Ok, I'll start off by saying... I've only started using Photoshop/Imageready a few month months back, and most of that time I spent making avatars.
Only in the past week or two that I was inspired by some of the talented sig makers in this forum to give it a try myself.
I've always had trouble choosing/making a background.
Having said that I recently saw the transparency tutorials/sigs made by BC.
I thought what the heck I'll give it a shot.
After reading over a few times and doing ALOT of trial and error, here are the results for bashing.

Spoiler for sigs:

First one is nothing special... Pretty simple really...

Used BC's idea of making pictures into photos on my second one :P
Old 2006-12-21, 13:03   Link #80
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yes.. perfect. I dont know about you, but I'll try to sharpen the eye a bit more so it stands out. But, that just a minor. Now if only I can understands those words @_@ ...
the problem is if i try to sharpen the eye, the whole blend mode will suffer. not only the tear would be a pain to notice, but it would be weird with the contrast

for the text (translation by KJ1980) :
  • first line, vertical, right : 誰が犯人かって? : who is the culprit you ask?
  • second line : そもそも「何の」犯人かわかってる?: Do you even know what is the culprit in the first place? (the 「何の」 has a special meaning... like something you can't name. (thus the 「」 in the original text and why i put in the middle ^^" if i'm wrong, correct me XD)
  • third line, horizontal, center : 誰が犯人なの?So who is the culprit?
  • last line, black : 私をこれから殺す犯人は誰?!: Who is the culprit that's gonna kill me?!
i hope it will help you why i made this kind of mood ^^

Quote:
Dont really wanted to post this, since its really involves no work beside the extracting job ( which I failed miserably -- Thats what you got when doing the extraction at 2 am in the morning) And I guess I better repair the face as well.. darken blending mode sux ( more like I did ).. But, I'm happy .. it do work as promotion signature. Iroha really needs more love, the series is top quality ^.^
pretty classy. your "kina" name is not too outstanding, compared to your other creations :P
my only complain would be the very thick edge you have made, but i guess it was done on purpose?
like several said in the RTS thread, the brightness of the face is a bit too high, so we can't really distinguish the facial expression, but meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

Klashikari:
great! again another stunning sig

but a few points which looks a bit off ~
1) i like the lighting but the flash on riku's chin is it really needed? i think it stands out a bit too much when contrasted with the BG pic which also contrasts to the colours of the lighting on the left side of the sig...so either making it blend more or remove it altogether is an option ~
lighting? you mean that kind of stream around the bottom?
if so, it is in fact rika's hair (not easy to guess, since the bottom is cropped)
because of the general blend mode, that part of the hair, which was already really bright on the original art is flaring ~~

if you are talking about the general brightness, i guess it is because of the "knife like shape" that i put around the eye, so it gives some contrast.

Quote:
2) the text in the middle of riku's face isnt good it blocks too much of the view imo...
i tried to give the impression that word is somewhat locking her, like muting her, following the knife (refers the earlier quote for the meaning ^^")
i could change the opacity of the "main" word maybe ^^;
Quote:
3) everything is pushed towards the left side with gives it a feeling of uneveness >.< tho i do understand its hard to balance everything out to me it seems that the left side is a bit cluttered while the right side is left empty ~ i think the colours also add to that effect @_@
i think it is because of the text + the blood stains and since the right has a plain white background XD
that point will be hard to correct however, but thanks for this mention
Quote:
ahh well...i think i should put mine up as well for the slaughter

i like how you cropped the left girl but..., the backfire of this is suigintou seems to be ridiculously smaller, and thus, making the balance SLIGHTLY awkward, nothing wrong.

the lines (names and the top bottom) aren't really fitting the mood i think.
the true problem bugging me is the font. while your name is kinda fine, suigintou is somewhat... wierd (that font is giving me the feeling that the concerned character is very cheerful, outstanding, even slightly aggressive. i don't have much knowledge about rozen maiden, but on this pic, suigintou appears to be really bashful/peaceful)

i have however a special mention about your sig you dramatically changed how you treated your picture.
in general, it was a bit blurry on some BG. you have focalized the sig on a standalone picture, with a certain angle/ratio, which is a really nice improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphyre View Post
Ok, I'll start off by saying... I've only started using Photoshop/Imageready a few month months back, and most of that time I spent making avatars.
Only in the past week or two that I was inspired by some of the talented sig makers in this forum to give it a try myself.

cheers ! the beginning is always hard, but later, when you are used with it, you can be steamworking ^^
Quote:
I've always had trouble choosing/making a background.
this is an humble advice, follow it if you think it is useful ^^"
if you cant make a background, even with trouble of choosing it, try to watch the anime scene involving the character you are using. while i agree it is kinda cheap, it is one of the best way to find the best appropriate BG for the said character.
Quote:
Having said that I recently saw the transparency tutorials/sigs made by BC.
I thought what the heck I'll give it a shot.
After reading over a few times and doing ALOT of trial and error, here are the results for bashing.

Spoiler for sigs:

First one is nothing special... Pretty simple really...

Used BC's idea of making pictures into photos on my second one :P
pretty good results if you ask me.
i don't think you have any problem in cutting or doing transparent sigs.

now, using a full sized signature will be different but well... you can dot it, just analize your work and post them here. trust me, we won't eat you (well... maybe! )

Tags
discussion, signature