Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-03, 16:29   Link #181
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Of course, but having a plan in addition to sending out the mobile suit team seems like a good idea, doesnt it? Atleast Name the different suits so they can provide that intel to the MS pilots.

Right now the Diva's crew are just a ghost crew with close to zero interaction or any value.

Sending Flit and Woolf out to deal with everything isnt really much of a plan even if those two are the only ones who can make a difference sofar

I don't expect them to attack the UE stronghold with a blitzkreig plan either, i hope Grodek has something planned out, and he actually brings it up to the crew instead of explaining it offscreen, which most likely will happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz5Bw9ID1us <- pretty much a good example of what the Diva crew is doing right now
Actually, the UE are named. At least the Gafran are. In one of the early episodes, 3 or 4 I think, at the end of the next episode clip, the Chibi Flit gives little info on different areas for the show. One such info bit was about there being classified intel on the UE, and that the blue ones are called "Gafran". So it shows at least some effort goes into understanding the UE, not much to make a difference in combat. But still something to work with at least.

Though, since the actual name "Gafran" isn't said in the show, I question how canon those little details are.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 16:34   Link #182
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Actually, the UE are named. At least the Gafran are. In one of the early episodes, 3 or 4 I think, at the end of the next episode clip, the Chibi Flit gives little info on different areas for the show. One such info bit was about there being classified intel on the UE, and that the blue ones are called "Gafran".
Are you sure that's not just for the benefit of the audience? In fact it seems directed towards kids specifically so that it would be a more interactive experience for them, knowing classified intel and all that. I don't think the characters actually know the name of the UE mobile suits in the anime yet.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 16:37   Link #183
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Are you sure that's not just for the benefit of the audience? In fact it seems directed towards kids specifically so that it would be a more interactive experience for them, knowing classified intel and all that. I don't think the characters actually know the name of the UE mobile suits in the anime yet.
You quoted my post too soon, I edited it.
Old 2011-12-03, 16:43   Link #184
monster

Quote:
You quoted my post too soon, I edited it.

I wouldn't worry about their "canonicity" as they're said as part of the animated episodes. It's just that, storywise, not all of these details have surfaced yet, if ever.
Old 2011-12-03, 16:48   Link #185
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
It's just that, storywise, not all of these details have surfaced yet, if ever.
Yeah, that's a real pain for those of us who wanted this thread. We can't do anything with no details.
Old 2011-12-03, 18:42   Link #186
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Actually, the UE are named. At least the Gafran are. In one of the early episodes, 3 or 4 I think, at the end of the next episode clip, the Chibi Flit gives little info on different areas for the show. One such info bit was about there being classified intel on the UE, and that the blue ones are called "Gafran". So it shows at least some effort goes into understanding the UE, not much to make a difference in combat. But still something to work with at least.

Though, since the actual name "Gafran" isn't said in the show, I question how canon those little details are.
That's what i meant, we know the names, they don't, atleast they could tell the difference and name them Bogey 1, Armored Bogey etc, and so on

Quote:
^
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 04:45   Link #187
casval cehack

G-EXES design details.

Spoiler for Mystery MS from Mardonner Factory:
Old 2011-12-04, 05:17   Link #188
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I love shoulder mounted weapons. Anyway, that new MS looks like it was built from the Genoace Custom, the arms, chest, and legs look like the Genoace Custom's.
Old 2011-12-04, 05:35   Link #189
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Military doctrine has always been to assign names to an unknown entity regardless of what it's actually called on the owner's side. As a real world example, NATO had a lot of names for Soviet hardware that aren't the actual names of said equipment for instance. Names like "Backfire" (TU-22m), "Hind" (Mi-26), "Flanker" (Su-27) and others are NATO reporting names given to them to allow for much simply classification in the absence of knowledge about their actual production names.

It's likely that names like "Gafran" are simply there as Federation reporting names since they don't know what they're supposed to be called.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 13:39   Link #190
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It's likely that names like "Gafran" are simply there as Federation reporting names since they don't know what they're supposed to be called.
While that may be possible, do you really think that is the case here?
Old 2011-12-04, 18:28   Link #191
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Yeah, that's a real pain for those of us who wanted this thread. We can't do anything with no details.
Yes, I agree completely the mechanical details have been a bit thin so far. I'm hoping more would be expanded on the 1/100s. Hell, when I made a theory about why the DODS can't be used by the Genoaces effectively, I had to go and made the assumption about electricity power input from the main suit not being enough to create beam output that's strong enough to damage the UE. Its either this, some other deficiency weapon theory or the Diva's crew could not be bothered to make a new DODS for either of their Genoaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
That's what i meant, we know the names, they don't, atleast they could tell the difference and name them Bogey 1, Armored Bogey etc, and so on
I wont be surprised if the official EF do have names for them. For the moment, they probably to go on the descriptive sides probably like in Gundam 00 where "shuttlecock" is used to refer Kyrios while "two drives" are used to refer to 00 Gundam.

But then again, Zedas and Baqto seem to be totally new units that appeared recently and prior to this only the Gafran has been seen so maybe the EF command have not made up the designated names yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I actually think Gafran is their real names used by the UE. By episode 9, we've already confirmed human involvement with the UE from within the anime itself (as opposed to some sort of fully alien faction that doesn't use human language whatsoever), and like traditional Gundam fashion based on how they have been presented in products are referring to their real designation numbers and real names by the owners.

Whether the Gafran names are really known and used by the EF would depend on how much you are willing to believe Gundampedia. I think it said something along the lines of knowing the name because of intel. If we assume it to be true, I find it unlikely to be widely known by every EF department as the Diva crew has not even mention it even once and usually widely used names are the easier to mention. It would take more effort not to mention a known name than to mention, so I find it unlikely that the Diva crews knows it even if some department somewhere else in the EF do (maybe some super secret CIA-like department?).

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-12-04 at 22:13.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 19:22   Link #192
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

How do you make an MS in AGE strong enough to defeat the UE?

Give it a big old wicker hat!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KoVx2uRhFS...0/2b8dd27e.jpg
Old 2011-12-04, 22:08   Link #193
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
How do you make an MS in AGE strong enough to defeat the UE?

Give it a big old wicker hat!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KoVx2uRhFS...0/2b8dd27e.jpg
That wicker hat is actually a GN Drive cone, and hence state of the art technology powerful enough to beat the UE.
Old 2011-12-05, 03:58   Link #194
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Yeah Trans-Am-ed the drive and you get a mega GN beam saber.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 08:40   Link #195
PzIVf3

Okay we are familiar high speed performance and agility plus the booster at the shoulder, needle gun, psionicblade. The only concern if Flit can handle the G-pressure.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 08:47   Link #196
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The only concern if Flit can handle the G-pressure.
That's almost never a concern in any Gundam show. The only time my memory can recall it is 00, and I think there was only about one or two instances in UC where G-forces were addressed.
Old 2011-12-08, 08:50   Link #197
casval cehack

Quote:

Okay we are familiar high speed performance and agility plus the booster at the shoulder, needle gun, psionicblade. The only concern if Flit can handle the G-pressure.
Featuring arm thrusters for ninja speed knife swings.
Old 2011-12-08, 08:53   Link #198
Sides

Quote:
Flit will be fine, I mean look at his normal suit ^^. Yeah it does look like a baby sleepsuit. Until know only only have seen the upper body part, but he lower part.. come on people at least give him a belt.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 11:38   Link #199
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
That's almost never a concern in any Gundam show. The only time my memory can recall it is 00, and I think there was only about one or two instances in UC where G-forces were addressed.
Also in Wing, with the Tallgeese, which actually killed one of its pilots with its G-forces.
Old 2011-12-08, 12:07   Link #200
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Also in Wing, with the Tallgeese, which actually killed one of its pilots with its G-forces.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.