AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-05, 04:58   Link #21
Lebron
I hear voices

Halo 3 is going to be awesome, simply can't wait
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 18:19   Link #22
Zhuge_Liang Kongming

Send a message via MSN to Zhuge_Liang Kongming
wat the heck? its playin the spongebob "best day ever " song. thats funny
Zhuge_Liang Kongming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 19:43   Link #23
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang Kongming View Post
Halo 2 was rushed so alot of the good parts they had planned were left out.....it only has about 18 lvls. when halo 2 came out it was 40-50 dollars, now its only 10-15. it would be worth more now if it wasnt rushed. no one wants that to happen to halo 3, especially me. im looking forward to the release
Indeed the story mode felt extremely empty, it was quite a disappointment when after completing the campaign mode and I couldn't help but go "That's all?" Hopefully when the final episode comes out I'll be more satisfied with the campaign mode and I can finally rid myself of this everlasting addiction to playing Halo 2 on x-box live.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 00:58   Link #24
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2606

New Halo 3 trailer.
If those are in-game graphics... well, damn.
Interesting new grenade there, too.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 02:05   Link #25
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence. View Post
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2606

New Halo 3 trailer.
If those are in-game graphics... well, damn.
Interesting new grenade there, too.
This is the TV spot designed to run as a one-time special event during ESPN’s Monday Night Football on December 4th. Featuring live actors and photo-realistic CG from leading Hollywood FX company, Digital Domain, the teaser was designed to give the Halo Nation a tiny, but evocative glimpse into the story of Halo 3 and a rare chance to see the Halo universe envisioned as a “live” action spectacle.

Bungie posted that a couple of weeks ago when they first announced it, just to make sure no one got the wrong idea. Judging by what Frankie said, its just ment to show what kind of direction they are taking with Halo 3, and just to be asses and make you want the game even more.

BTW, Did you sign up to participate in the Halo 3 beta, today?
Old 2006-12-05, 02:07   Link #26
Papaya
Sup

Haha.
Well, I have to say, I'm impressed either way.

No, I didn't sign up. I have no XBox 360 =P
Old 2006-12-05, 02:13   Link #27
Lebron
I hear voices

Ah well that sucks, :P

Took forever for me to sign up, servers were getting flooded like crazy.

Also I hope the Halo Movie has direction like the trailer. If they could pull off that mix of real-time and CGI, then I will be happy. Hopefully MS will stopped being lazy and just fund the movie themselves.

Last edited by Lebron; 2006-12-05 at 14:37.
Old 2006-12-08, 09:48   Link #28
iamthelordyourgod

weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HALO3 be great like awwll thi HALO games it gonna be GOOD
it be like cwazy in video game store when it pops out at Januawy
iamthelordyourgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 11:32   Link #29
Ravage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthelordyourgod View Post
weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HALO3 be great like awwll thi HALO games it gonna be GOOD
it be like cwazy in video game store when it pops out at Januawy
Let's hope not, no way they'll make January 2007 and I don't want to wait until 2008 . I'd expect the game in June 2007 or something like that.
The beta is f*cked up though, over here in Europe we can't sign in on the xbox site, but smaller sites in most European countries have been given 100 beta accounts to distribute amongst their members, so I had to sign up to 2 other sites just to increase my chance of winning .
Let's hope I'll get lucky, so I will be able to play the MP beta next year.
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 15:57   Link #30
Lebron
I hear voices

No way in hell is Halo 3 coming out in January, lol. The Beta is taking place sometime in Spring, so that should hold over the die hards for a bit. The actual game should be shipping out in the Fall. Seeing how both Halo 1 & 2 released in the Fall, in November, thats probably the best bet.

Also MS needs Halo 3 for the Fall season to compete with PS3's MGS4, and Wii, well iono what the Wii has lined up for fall. I heard rumors that SSBB is coming out in the fall, but who knows. Also they probably want to release it around the same time as GTA4, so people on the rocks can look at it and say, hey I can get Halo 3 and GTA4.

@ Ravage,
Frankie has stated many of times over at GAF, that anyone who really wants to participate in the Halo 3 Beta will get their chance. So I don't think you have to worry that much.
Old 2006-12-08, 16:14   Link #31
FireBorn

mm I'm not expecting much from Halo 3.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 16:15   Link #32
Gundam Zero Force

The Day Halo 3 is released is the day I buy myself a 360

Heck I got the Xbox just for the orignal Halo when it came out . . . .

Halo 2 was good but the ending of the campaign left me empty . . but multiplayer made it all better
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 16:36   Link #33
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah alot of my friends are waiting till it releases before they head out and buy a 360. But the announce of the Beta, kind of put them in a bad spot, lol.

Halo 3 will have more of an Halo 1 feel to it, and the MC saga will finally come to a close. Now the Halo Universe I don't think will be done with after 3. Just the MC saga.
Old 2006-12-08, 16:41   Link #34
Gundam Zero Force

It's really funny I had never even heard of Halo when it was first released . . then again I did not have an xbox . .

I went to friends house and play it and that is how my Halo beginnings started . . .

my sister and I are always playing multiplayer beating crap out of eachother . .

she is one of the those people who doesn't have skill to actually play but she kills you still because she is so clumsy . . it is funny . . like one time she killed me because she got frantic and threw a gernade . . lucky for her it bounced towhere I was hiding . . .
Old 2006-12-09, 02:55   Link #35
iamthelordyourgod

Gundam Zero Force says:
Quote:
my sister and I are always playing multiplayer beating crap out of eachother . .

she is one of the those people who doesn't have skill to actually play but she kills you still because she is so clumsy . . it is funny . . like one time she killed me because she got frantic and threw a gernade . . lucky for her it bounced towhere I was hiding . . .
wehehe lets try to meet in xbox live (if you can) and beat the hell out of each other. im bored anyway
iamthelordyourgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 15:45   Link #36
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
wehehe lets try to meet in xbox live (if you can) and beat the hell out of each other. im bored anyway
If only I had live

That's why my sister and I duke it out . . . but sometime in the future I will College tends to suck all your funds up . . . . . even though live isn't that expensive I just don't have enough to go around . . . . .
Old 2006-12-21, 20:23   Link #37
Papaya
Sup

New Halo 3 interview/making-of video up at Gametrailers.com

CONTAINS FIRST IN-GAME FOOTAGE!

I must say, it's shaping up nicely.
Old 2006-12-22, 03:46   Link #38
Lebron
I hear voices

Yup, I love the new "Raging Hulk Mad" Brutes, thats how they should have been in Halo 2. Really liked what they talked about, and the little footage they showed. Even for a game in the Alpha Stage, I was still impressed. But then again, I'm a Halo fan :P
Old 2006-12-22, 12:28   Link #39
Papaya
Sup

I was really impressed with the AI stuff.

I loved the footage of the two Brutes cornering an Elite (?) into a wall and bashing him.

The mass grenade throw thing sounds pretty intense too.
Old 2006-12-23, 03:44   Link #40
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

The most notable thing about Halo 3--something I think should be in every FPS from now on--is how they show the weapons on the character model. What this means is that just by looking at your opponent, you'll know what he's carrying (Say, a Pistol and the assault rifle).

Checked out the trailer--that IS impressive. The way the armor actually gets blasted off--that's a cool effect that should have been in the older Halo games as well. But I'm not complaining. And it also prompts you to consider it, story-wise, these new Brutes--after all, the books make them out to be something that can (and do) tear apart Elites on a regular basis, and while the Halo 2 brutes were impressive, they were lacking that visual "oomph" of looking like alien badasses--the revised Brutes in Halo 3 definitely look the part of mean, "tear them apart" enemies.

In fact, go ahead and check the "Et Tu Brute" documentary on Gametrailers--the Bungie guys actually -openly admit- that the Brutes were:
1.) added too late in the game, and
2.) Were just lacking in character and AI tactics, making it bad gameplay

If that's the case, the new Brutes SHOULD be damn better and more impressive overall in H3.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2006-12-23 at 03:59.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote