Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-11-04, 19:04   Link #61
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacking
Oh ok thank. So did you beat it Japanese DVD version?
No, no, I have only the English version. I've only seen the Japanese CGs by using a program called GGDcut on the English Crescendo resource files, since they were originally from the DVD version.
Old 2004-11-04, 21:41   Link #62
Tacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
No, no, I have only the English version. I've only seen the Japanese CGs by using a program called GGDcut on the English Crescendo resource files, since they were originally from the DVD version.

So what are the extra cg than? You can pm me about it.
Tacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 09:47   Link #63
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacking
So what are the extra cg than? You can pm me about it.
Mostly extra sex scenes, but you have a few other ones, which seems to belong to either extra scenarios, extended scenarios, or both. Or maybe just some kind of extra or afterstory.

Spoiler for If you're gonna play the Japanese DVD Crescendo, I guess:

Last edited by AG3; 2004-11-05 at 10:02.
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 14:09   Link #64
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
Mostly extra sex scenes, but you have a few other ones, which seems to belong to either extra scenarios, extended scenarios, or both. Or maybe just some kind of extra or afterstory.

Damn, now I want to know what those extra scenarios are! Especially the one with Kaori buying a coffee mug, thats got me curious. Mmmm, Kaori.....
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 14:37   Link #65
naninani

WOW u guys are cool

Damn u guys know ur ero games alot i bet. . . u guys are like gods to me
naninani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 15:48   Link #66
TheBlueOne
Da da da di da da da

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3

Did anyone notice the hidden banner advertising Crescendo in those screenshots? Take a look at the Kaori/coffe cup shot...
TheBlueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 02:20   Link #67
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I just finished this game, following Kyoko's path, and I've played some of kaho's since they are very closely linked. I haven't really read the thread, since I saw some spoilers on page 1, and I can't resist looking so why risk the other pages... This was also the first bishoujo game I actually bought. Now I just have to play through to get the other endings. I'm really curious about the hidden character. I'm assuming she was the girl that wakes you up in the begining, right? not that I really want an answer... I'll comment more when I play through some other paths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
I keep meaning to play Kana again to see the other endings. There is even a character in the game I never saw at all. I just can't bring myself to play it again. I was bummed at the end of that one.
I played kana over a year ago, and I still haven't replayed it to get the other endings, probably because I was depressed most of the time I played it.
Old 2004-11-21, 05:06   Link #68
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Just so you know, I believe the Kana remake was just released a couple days ago...it's a fully voiced version with 'updated' graphics.
Old 2004-11-21, 08:08   Link #69
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

It's on the crappy XBox, though. It's a nominee for the least popular console in Japan...
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 09:29   Link #70
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
It's on the crappy XBox, though. It's a nominee for the least popular console in Japan...
Actually, they just finished a remake of the PC version of Kana using graphics and voices from the Xbox version...it was released on the 19th.

http://www.cd-bros.co.jp/takayashiki/soft/kana/

That'll probably get edited by someone, but I don't know for sure...but it's the best way to show you that it is the PC version
Old 2004-11-22, 01:55   Link #71
SL_Sky

I don't know if anyone suggested the games i'm going to(becouse i'm too lazy too read the remaining 3 pages) but i'm still going to...
Sorry if that's the case...
If you like intresting games with little or no sexual content, then try Air or Kanon in japanese (if you don't speak jap like most of us, use Oh! Text Hooker. It can run both games whitout problems...) or Heart do Roommate in english...
HdR in my opinion has really intresting characters and a nice story...
All the endings are a little sad thugh, and the true ending is downright depressing but happy at the same time...
I think it's a must in this category...
SL_Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 09:56   Link #72
Ecchifan

I personally enjoyed the story a lot. Some people may have a problem with the UFO alien-like eyes of the character graphics, though.
Ecchifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:54   Link #73
SL_Sky

And a note to Crescendo-s translation...
There's a place in Kahos route where she sings a song while sewing...
The guy asks what the song means, and she answers in 4-5 sentences...
And the translation is:"A girl who can't forget her ex"...
This seems a bit rough...
SL_Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 18:53   Link #74
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL_Sky
And a note to Crescendo-s translation...
There's a place in Kahos route where she sings a song while sewing...
The guy asks what the song means, and she answers in 4-5 sentences...
And the translation is:"A girl who can't forget her ex"...
This seems a bit rough...
Translation a bit rough? In places it was horrible. One thing that really gets me is when they translate 'ok' as 'yeah, that's fine'. I mean the one word they can be sure everyone will understand, and they screw it up. Also translating onee-sama as your highness, though I can't really think of a better way to handle it if they insist on dropping the honorifics... Proof that they should leave them intact. I mean it's not like many non-anime fans will play the games that don't focus primarily on sex...
Anyway, I finished kaho and yuka's paths. For kaho I was able to get both the sex and sexless endings. I felt really bad after seeing what happened to yuka, something I didn't think was possible after the way she was introduced.
Getting back to Kaho's ending, I got basicly the same thing, with the exception of the sex scene, both times. Is that the only difference, or are there other endings? Either way, the character development is really good. Even if the plot is a bit weak, it more than makes up for it.
edit:
I finally got an ending for everyone. Though I still need to complete ayame and kaori's paths, as I have a lot of missing cgs for them. Miyu's path was too predictable though. Also I noticed a lot of translation problems in it. While the rest of the game I thought they could have done a better job on the translation, during miyu's path, I realized I could have done a better job, which considering my limited knowledge of japanese, is sad. It's like they didn't even try. Maybe they didn't think anyone would actually bother to unlock her? Overall I still say the character development was this game's strong point. My favorite character has to be kyoko. For some reason I felt really sorry for her.
Well, I'll give the game an 8 overall. Now if someone would just bring over kgne, da capo, kanon, shingetsutan tsukihime, ect...

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2004-11-25 at 16:24.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 11:59   Link #75
flosculation

Questions regarding Crescendo?

While playing Crescendo, I became increasingly fond of the music used throughout the game, but unfortunately, could only listen to the tracks to the function in the game. Does anyone know how to extract the music from the file? Your help is appreciated.

By the way, does anyone know the scoop on the extra scenarios in the Japanese DVD version? I have yet to find someone who has played the DVD version.
flosculation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 19:10   Link #76
flosculation

In addition to extracting music, does anyone know how to extract the CGs?
Old 2006-06-09, 02:29   Link #77
Darkling
Kana's Oniichan

I don't know about the music, but you can use GGDcut to extract the CGs.

http://sircus0001.hp.infoseek.co.jp/soft/softe.htm

G-Collections had already translated the standard, non-voiced version of the game when the voice acting from the extended DVD edition became available, so G-C used the voices but didn't translate the extra scenarios. The graphics from the extra scenarios are on your Crescendo disc, but the scenarios themselves were never translated or implemented in G-Collections' release.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 12:01   Link #78
flosculation

Yeah, I knew that already about the scenarios...about the newer CGs, were they drawn by a different artist? The art styles definitely look different. Is there perhaps a program for extracting the music? I did try using Windows Media player, but the Windows Media couldn't find any audio files on the CD at all.
Old 2006-06-12, 10:38   Link #79
DaFool
Resident devil

The first time I played this game I ended up with Kaho's sexless good ending. I was like, "WTF. Is this even an ero-game? It's G-Collections for crying out loud". So I naturally thought "The ho....yeah Yuka. Surely I'll get to do her." So surprise, surprise, my next ending was Yuka's bad ending. But when I replayed her to get the good ending, I was like, damn. Crescendo is among the more concise games out there. It does not waste text on mundane activities, as it spans only 5 days after all.

I was about to ask how to get the Miyu endings but found a walkthrough. This is the first erogame which really motivated me to complete all endings, as they are all rewarding so far (unlike X-change and it's crap 'Bad Decision, Fool. Bang! Game Over').
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 13:04   Link #80
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
The first time I played this game I ended up with Kaho's sexless good ending. I was like, "WTF. Is this even an ero-game? It's G-Collections for crying out loud".
Heh, first time I played the game I got the Kaho's and Kyoko's common bad ending (and no sex ) . I tried to be nice to both of them, and ended up hurting them both. At this point, I have played all the characters endings except Ayame's, and the secret character's, of course.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote